Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: War Prize

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: War Prize
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2016 16:37:34   
  Exploding Penguin

Hey everyone, I've been talking with Charfade and NW about this for a bit as we've seen it build up on the forums and per specific request from users. Atm Nightwraith is having trouble logging onto the forums so I am here to pass on a message to you all from him:

quote:

Hello!

I agree 100% that the war prizes should be advertised ahead of time. In this case, the final prize wasn't ready until fairly late in the war. Due to the limitations of the prize system, we can only give one item as a prize. This is why we tend to go for more neutral items like armors and vehicles that have more universal utility.

I agree that the code releases could have been handled better. The codes were released suddenly and sporadically. I had originally planned to spread them over the weekend at a more reasonable rate, but the war went on until Monday morning.
In any case, I would like to issue new codes spread across several days, announced in advance. Of course, no matter how many codes we offer, they will run out eventually and people will miss them, but we can do better.

With all that said, the Overlord War prize (next war region) is currently being developed by Deuce and is coming along nicely. We will have previews up as soon as possible!

~Nightwraith

I am going to be more free since most of the business I've had is done and finished, so if you guys feel the specific need to ask me or the staff of anything just PM me and I will try and help you get the response that you're looking for from the devs. I'll also a bit more active in posting now.
Epic  Post #: 26
6/8/2016 18:56:12   
Lord Machaar

quote:

I agree 100% that the war prizes should be advertised ahead of time. In this case, the final prize wasn't ready until fairly late in the war. Due to the limitations of the prize system, we can only give one item as a prize. This is why we tend to go for more neutral items like armors and vehicles that have more universal utility.

That could have been said to the guest artist, which has a huge responsability on his back. As someone who is given the trust of the devs to speak for them (See my quote), he should at least know base info about the task he has been handed. In this case, the war prize. He clearly stated that both the sword and the gear will be given as a war prize. The problem doesn't stop here, seeing the same person who represents the game sympathizing with his "bro" because devs rigged the war and suggests him to claim the code prize is so disrespectful to legit players. Instead of explaining to his "bro" that the war is not rigged, he indeed confirms to him that it was rigged. Would he be blamed? Clearly NW came after, and I wouldn't assume he does know what happened or not, but he also confirmed such allegations. If you were working on BB hard, I totally respect that and congratulations for reaching 100k installs. But really, at least spend 1 hour, at least, to study the situation, understand what happened before making such rapid decisions, the war prize was poorly chosen as well as how the other code prizes were given. That's clearly due to lack of professionalism.

Neutral items like armors and vehicles are fine by me. They are considered as a perfect war prize, especially after the latest one that was given. Class Specific Weapons are the worst choice, being handed as a war prize to a large portion of the players mean that you have 0 idea about current balance problems, 4/6 classes don't use CSW, they use swords, giving them a CSW means they either will be sold or stocked in their inventory, meaning that a vehicle would be a better war prize to mark said war. I mean you had the choice between giving a sword which is way more beneficient IMO to players than a mutation weapon. That mutation weapon was sold minutes after it was handed by numerous players, meaning such players played for 0 benefit, poor rewards like 15k credits (after selling the gear) and some tokens. Basically you played the whole war for something that you can get by farming NPCs, which totally kills competitivity in such feature.

In the end, you could have handed the sword (E) in a manual way to all players who already received the infernal battlegear E, if the problem was you can't give more than 1 item as a war prize. And then, you could have waited few more hours to hand in the sword P and the infernal battlegear P as code prizes. But it certainly wasn't the only reason. I saw the tweets that were directed to you the night before the war ended and I'm pretty sure those prize codes were handed to maintain a fake playerbase. It's either exile wins or they quit. If legion wins; the war is rigged and the game is dead. You just clearly killed any chance for the war to be balanced again. Now exiles don't really have to change their alignment, because why would they do that if in the end they will get the same war prize if not better?

quote:

I agree that the code releases could have been handled better. The codes were released suddenly and sporadically. I had originally planned to spread them over the weekend at a more reasonable rate, but the war went on until Monday morning.
In any case, I would like to issue new codes spread across several days, announced in advance. Of course, no matter how many codes we offer, they will run out eventually and people will miss them, but we can do better
I don't have problem with the code prize system anyways. I have a problem with the code prizes that were given after the war prize for 2 reasons:
A- They were similar to the war prize + addtional swords that were actually meant to be the war prize. Meaning that such prizes should have not been given anyways because they belong to the war prize bundle. They either could have been given another war or placed in the shop. Rather than giving them for free directly after the war ends, especially for some who don't deserve them. That's like giving the world cup to the losing team directly after the winners got it.
B- They were given at the wrong time. As I explained before, me and several players from my faction stayed online until the last hour of the war to make sure legion win, in a fair and square way, some in the end went to sleep or take a break because it was late for them. Or they had school/work because it was monday. Only to come back and find players who complained/whined about the war get rewarded better than them. In 6 - 7 hours, the 2 prize codes of swords, which are way more useful than the battlegear for above reasons were given.

This is the first time a guest artist makes a whole bundle of weapons. At least, there should have been a pole where players decide which part of the bundle they wish to get. Simply deciding in 5 minutes by yourself what should have been given implies that players' opinions aren't that important. I mean it's not a weapon that will be placed in a shop. It's something that was falsely adveritised, given to a large portion of players not freely, and I repeat not freely, as most played hard for it, so they deserve to have an opinion about it.

quote:

With all that said, the Overlord War prize (next war region) is currently being developed by Deuce and is coming along nicely. We will have previews up as soon as possible!

What was done has been done as I said before. It's not that easy to regain trust after you lose it, in any domain you are talking about. I hope that the whole team (Notably guest artists) acts with professionalism, not for my interest really, but for your interest as well if you wish your future projects succeed. I can gurantee you that it's a really wanted criterion.
This is in the end an opinion backed up with some facts. I played in the last war in a legit way making me aware of what happened, and I'm really not happy with how you dealt with it. It was just wrong on so many levels, as if the war being broken wasn't enough.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/8/2016 19:32:25 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 27
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: War Prize
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition