Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= June 9th, 2016 - Infernal Aftermath 2016

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 9th, 2016 - Infernal Aftermath 2016
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/9/2016 18:17:05   
Optimise

quote:

June 09, 2016
Infernal Aftermath 2016

This Friday, the coveted Pyro Fly buzzes back to the Infernal Mines! Claim this powerful bot from Kraggor and unleash it's potent special attack against unsuspecting foes to strip them of a random skill. The quantity will be limited, so make haste to grab this incredible insectoid!

Infernal War Aftermath

Another war has ended, and this time the Legion emerged victorious, shutting down the Infernal Drills before they breached the Delta Vault. AO, the designer of the War Prize, created more weapons that we could offer with the current system so I decided to offer them as prize code items. The winners still received a unique item, but the rest could be claimed by anyone lucky enough to snag a code. These codes were offered without any warning so to give more players a fighting chance to grab this gorgeous gear, I'm offering scheduled prize code drops starting tomorrow through the weekend.

Below is a complete schedule. All times are in Easter Standard Time. The codes will be issued from my Nightwraith Twitter account. Each batch will be small so as to make the players who get the items still feel special.

Infernal Sword P -Friday June 10

4AM
10AM
4PM
10PM

Infernal Sword E - Saturday June 11

4AM
10AM
4PM
10PM

Infernal Battlegear P - Sunday June 12

4AM
10AM
4PM
10PM

I will post an hour in advance to give you a heads up. Times are all in Easter Standard Time, and I will not translate the times to your specific time. Think of it as an opportunity to work on your Google-fu.

Good luck, and happy hunting! There's no perfect way to distribute codes, somebody will always miss out, but hopefully this will give a fair chance to some who missed the first batch. If you've already received the weapons, please be courteous and let other players claim them!

Power Weekend

After you've claimed all the prize code items, you can power them up during Power Weekend (starting Friday). This means double XP and credits all weekend long. This is a great way for players of all alignments and factions to ascend in level and economic status to better contribute to the next war event, which will be the Overlord Facility!

Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 6/10/2016 12:32:55 >
Post #: 1
6/9/2016 18:32:21   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Another war has ended, and this time the Exiles emerged victorious, shutting down the Infernal Drills before they breached the Delta Vault.

It's quite funny to think that Exiles have won last war. It really confirms the hibernation theory. It is a simple mistake but has a lot of meanings.

I'm quite sad that my " War Prize" suggestion in the suggestion section of the forums was misinterpreted. The code prizes release was just a secondary outcome, following the poor handling of giving out legion players their hard earned war prizes. Legions will now split their hard earned war prize with others who sat and awaited for the war to end so they could whine/complain and get a similar if not better prize. I'm gonna ask 2 questions here:
What was the point of infernal war?
And do you think players would have participated in this war if they knew everyone will be getting 3 out of 4 weapons similar to the war prize at the end?
Personally, I wouldn't.

I think Legion deserved something more unique as a war prize, heck a useless vehicle would mark this war, rather than a mutation weapon, that doesn't work with most builds, plus giving its P version as a code prize to everybody, whether they participated in the war or not is quite disrespectful. I would at least have the bragging rights with that unique useless vehicle rather than a useless mutation weapon most in the game now have it. This was not a war, this was a comedy show.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/9/2016 21:03:54 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/9/2016 18:34:38   
Satafou

This just goes to show how much the devs really care about the game. A poor excuse of an update such as this is one thing, however not even knowing what side won the war "this time the Exiles emerged victorious" really goes to show the devs couldn't care less about this game.

Ladies and gents it's as plain as the eye can see that it is utterly pointless to even bother suggesting anything on these forums as clearly the devs have shown their true intentions from these design notes. In other words it is now evidently obvious if it wasn't before that there is no hope left, all that can happen now is the continuation of this game's slow pitiful death.
Post #: 3
6/9/2016 20:00:20   
Lord Machaar

There is really no chance now to balance the war as Exiles will have zero incentive to change their alignement. Therefore, the same scenario will be repeated next war, legion will have war rallies, end up winning the war due to the stupidity of the other alignment (leaving finisher objective till the end), so they will whine and complain, since it's either exile wins or the war is rigged. If legion won, then "devs" must have inhibited war rallies from happening in exile side. Well duh! if you gave legion a fair war prize, more exile players will change, hence next war legion might take the lead, and exiles may have their war rallies. But no, let's keep it this way, exiles outnumbering legions, and making a fiasco when legion wins, so we can split up the war prize and keep it this way without trying to change it.

This is just wrong on many levels, from losing trust of several players including me, demotivating players especially legions, making sure that the war will indeed remain imbalanced next war (legions outnumbered by exiles) and many more collateral damages. Sending more prize codes will just devalue the war prize even more. If legions missed those code prizes, they missed them because they played hard in the war to get a war prize not a code prize for everybody.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/9/2016 21:11:02 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/9/2016 20:51:21   
shadow.bane

if they had 1 % focus on EpicDuel they would have known that legion have prevailed lol honest mistake with a lot of meaning as @lord machaar said , it's actually funny I literally laughed cause for this game that we all love going down hill like this ... it's just isn't fair for all the time we spend playing it to end in such way it's funny and sad...
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/9/2016 21:59:27   
Cyber Dream

Lol so basically I'm going to be able to get the war prize without even playing the war.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/10/2016 4:22:26   
Gold Shock

quote:

Another war has ended, and this time the Exiles emerged victorious, shutting down the Infernal Drills before they breached the Delta Vault.

How do you not know what side won? If the prize codes for exiles wasn't enough this is another low blow. Get it right.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/10/2016 7:16:53   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Dude, do you even ED BB??

EDIT: DN corrected".

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 6/10/2016 9:16:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/10/2016 14:15:29   
Lord Machaar

quote:

It was a mistake, but let the conspiracy mill CHURN!

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/741256345517752320

I'm happy as much as the devs for BB's success, I was there since its launch, supported it and still playing it. I'm sure that the devs are happy and exicted about BB reaching 100k installs, that's great news but that doesn't mean they should screw up ED. I mean at the moment, we are not asking for new features, nor new updates or whatnot. Just leave the game alone, if you are going to get on just to screw it up, then no need, your hibernation in that case is better for us, for you and for ED.

I wish they re-read the " War Prize" thread, so they understand that the major problem was not the code prizes as that was a forever existing problem. It's about the bad handling of giving out the war prizes, devaluing the war prize by giving similar ones for free to everybody, and devaluing it more by spreading it all over through the weekend. You just added fuel to the fire. If devs keep neglecting this problem, I'm afraid that the next time will be lethal. If they no longer care, they can announce again, that the game will no longer be receiving updates/features and also 0 attention will be givev to already-existing features, this way it's quite clearer.

I hope ED liaisons stand out more and help this get through to the devs, we are tired from this lack of professionalism. It's quite disrespectful.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/10/2016 14:31:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/10/2016 14:50:28   
Optimise

quote:

Nightwraith wrote:

Another war has ended, and this time the Legion emerged victorious, shutting down the Infernal Drills before they breached the Delta Vault. AO, the designer of the War Prize, created more weapons that we could offer with the current system so I decided to offer them as prize code items. The winners still received a unique item, but the rest could be claimed by anyone lucky enough to snag a code. These codes were offered without any warning so to give more players a fighting chance to grab this gorgeous gear, I'm offering scheduled prize code drops starting tomorrow through the weekend.

I am quite bewildered by the abnormal usage of the word unique, may I ask in what way was the war prize received by the Legion unique? The war prize given was the energy version of the same physical mutating weapon that was and is being given to all players - along with the E and P Infernal Sword. In a nutshell, everyone has got or is getting the same weapon that the Legion got as the supposed unique war prize.

It could be argued that war prizes necessarily do not have to be exclusive to the winning side, but I would like to point out the well-established trend and logic of EpicDuel and general wars imply the winners get an exclusive and unique (evidence in previous epicduel wars). Wars are fought between two sides, and always won by one side - meaning the losers do not get the same rewards as the winners whether it be a bonus or not. The decision made by the developers defies logic.
It's clear they have misinterpreted this debacle (this thread should explain) as 'not everyone was able to redeem the codes' - but this isn't the real issue and they are simply most likely attempting to cover-up the more accurate blunder of giving out the same 'unique' gear to everyone else via prize codes. Instead of taking the feedback into consideration in the thread linked above (or the complaints on twitter) and acknowledging the actual mistake and issue, they ignorantly decided to give out more codes consequently adding more fuel to the fire - additionally slapping the Legion players on the face each time as each code is released.

This apathetic behavior and way of handling from the developers clearly imply they have not recognised the issue or thread linked above. It can be said the developers do not have time to read our threads and that is totally acceptable, however it is the duty of the PR liaisons to ensure our thoughts and feedback are accurately conveyed to the developers. But to be fair, whether our thoughts were accurately made clear to the developers doesn't really matter - they should be aware of their disrespectful decision and how it will affect the trust between players regardless of whether we report it or not.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/10/2016 15:17:42 >
Post #: 10
6/10/2016 15:24:54   
8x

Prize codes were always a bad idea. Please, stop giving them out.
Epic  Post #: 11
6/10/2016 20:40:32   
Optimise

I'll just consider this fiasco as a most likely start to a new trend of giving out codes containing the same item as the war prize at the wars conclusion. One request - I would like the developers to create at least 4 copies of what is being made by Deuce for the upcoming war, different colors for each maybe. Give one to the winning side, and the rest as codes to everyone else. It would certainly be great if that were to happen. The same approach as this event, a design notes post detailing the time and date as to when the codes will be released on twitter.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/10/2016 20:42:54 >
Post #: 12
6/10/2016 20:54:23   
Lord Machaar

^ I'm awaiting for the same thing next war. And please, I want NW to hand it on the weekend, so the war prize becomes more valuable and players have an incentive to change alignments and make the war more balanced.

Yeah, how could I forget? That would also motivate players to play in wars, and give all they got, as in the end they will be getting a unique war prize.

Also look if Deuce has a bro, and which alignment his bro is playing in, so we could feel sorry for him if his alignment loses and the war was rigged by the devs, and also suggest him to claim NW's prize codes on the weekend. http://puu.sh/pk2cx/c6cc7b8aea.png

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/10/2016 20:58:34 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/10/2016 22:31:06   
  Exploding Penguin

Not speaking on behalf of any other ED staff member with this post:

I agree that I'm not too fond of the idea of just releasing alternate versions of the war prize as codes for everybody to get. I really don't like the idea because, as stated before, it kind of devalues the war prize by a ton. I'm a person who's really finicky about the actual rare value of rare items so this means a lot to me.

That being said, I don't really find the CSW weapon argument that compelling. In the future CSWs could become usable again or maybe even outclass swords in certain meta shifts. It's just right now that they aren't that useful.
Epic  Post #: 14
6/11/2016 8:09:56   
SouL Prisoner

^I agree with everyone above, but TBH it's too late. Unless the game has any future. Gifting during 2 consecutive X'mas years, Code LB and other code give away...it's too late anyway.. Damage's already done. :/

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 6/11/2016 8:10:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/11/2016 11:02:48   
Lord Machaar

quote:

That being said, I don't really find the CSW weapon argument that compelling. In the future CSWs could become usable again or maybe even outclass swords in certain meta shifts. It's just right now that they aren't that useful.

This argument would be viable if the game's developpement is actually being continued. With that being said, ED's future is looking mysterious, since devs announced they will not implement new feature nor new updates, wishing for a bright future where balance problems get fixed and new features get implemented might be delusional. There has been quite suggestions to fix CSW. As of now, they aren't fixed, and since there are no future plans, devs need to take that in consideration.
Now that we got a confirmation about ED's future, we need another confirmation about ED's present, are they willing to give enough attention to the already existing features and the few players that are left? We are here because we accepted that the game has no future, we are not here because the game has no present as well, where devs screw up the game once in awhile due to their hibernation.

quote:

^I agree with everyone above, but TBH it's too late. Unless the game has any future. Gifting during 2 consecutive X'mas years, Code LB and other code give away...it's too late anyway.. Damage's already done. :/

There is always a solution, it's just the devs tend to take things very slow, sometimes misinterpret them for a reason and another. The infernal battlegear E that was given as a war prize could've been given as a code prize to everybody, then a unique war prize could have been give to legion players who meet the requirements. It's just devs decide to leave things behind, like black dots, when these black dots accumulate, they make a dark dark past, where trust between devs and players is quite fragile. So everytime there is something new, these black dots are brought back, enhancements, taking away passives without re-implementing them in another way, physical eggzooka's famous "bug"... Such things are unhealthy for the game.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/11/2016 11:15:38 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
6/13/2016 13:14:04   
Front45

logging ED account, Check pyro fly, still sold out, logging out
Post #: 17
6/14/2016 6:04:50   
SouL Prisoner

^There will be more restocks.. probably.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/15/2016 1:22:54   
  Exploding Penguin

Hey everyone,

I seemed to have forgotten to mention this before in my previous post, but I have told the devs all of your concerns regarding devaluing the rarity of the war prize via giving out near-carbon copies through prize codes. I just felt that it would be best to let you all know that the devs have heard of your complaints regarding this matter. Since most of you seem somewhat skeptical of whether or not the devs have taken note of your opinions, I'm just here to let you know that they have.

I will be continuing to work with the staff more regarding the next war prize so that we can avoid this type of situation again.
Epic  Post #: 19
6/15/2016 4:33:50   
Front45

still sold out Pyro Fly. still ED is dead for me. afk already 2 months

it was available less than 24 hours. just shame
Post #: 20
6/15/2016 7:29:06   
Leprechaun

Waiting for Pyro Fly aswell, hope the restock does happen.
Post #: 21
6/15/2016 16:12:48   
  Exploding Penguin

Hey everyone,

Been talking with NW about a restock and we're planning on a pyro fly restock on Friday afternoon. Just a heads up so you guys who are desperately looking for one knows that it will happen and approximately what time it will happen at.
Epic  Post #: 22
6/15/2016 16:45:49   
Altador987

personally, wish the stupid bot would go rare, the way classes are right now, these bots make certain classes obsolete. Of course i understand this wont happen just felt like stating it lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/15/2016 17:20:34   
Lord Machaar

quote:

I seemed to have forgotten to mention this before in my previous post, but I have told the devs all of your concerns regarding devaluing the rarity of the war prize via giving out near-carbon copies through prize codes. I just felt that it would be best to let you all know that the devs have heard of your complaints regarding this matter. Since most of you seem somewhat skeptical of whether or not the devs have taken note of your opinions, I'm just here to let you know that they have.

This matter is quite sensitive. We are speaking about the last and only feature that is currently active in-game, which is the war system. If they can't even give it proper attention, check who won each war, and give valuable prizes to at least, I say at least make this feature better as much as it's not. But what do we see? Reckless actions. As if, nothing matters, and as I said before, we are all happy for BB, and we wish it more success. But, does that mean ED should be screwed up? I mean we get the fact that the game won't be getting any features or updates. We are cool with that. But at least, if you are going to maintain already-existing features, just don't screw them up more than they already are.
The game is already fragile, doesn't need more screw ups. If they aren't going to make it better, than no need to do anything to make it worst. As simple as that, unless they can close the game, it's the best option.

quote:

I will be continuing to work with the staff more regarding the next war prize so that we can avoid this type of situation again.

To avoid such stuff from happening, it's quite easy. Ofcourse now it is quite impossible to balance the wars, exile players have 0 intention to change their alignment as they will be getting the same rewards from now on, even if it's a vehicle or an armor, I'm quite sure they will split it in half in order to avoid all the hate coming from the side that lost. Next war exile will win as that's how was the case. Exiles will learn from their mistakes and adopt the right plan, they will win the next war since they outnumber legions. We will be looking at 3 - 4 wars where this system remains broken. The devs had the golden chance to even things out, give legions a good prize and balance the war by closing the numbers gap between the 2 alignements. Do they care? Do they even know what's happening in-game? I doubt so, therefore:
- We are cool with their hibernation. We are glad that BB is making success and we want them to be more concentrated at it. Just one question, why do you wake up from that hibernation? If only to screw up the game. Then really no need. Just tell guest artists to train on their drawing skills (since they volunteered and I hope no one is forcing them to do anything) and draw some pretty nice neutral gifts. We appreciate the fact that AO made a whole bundle, but the fact that he doesn't know devs can give 1 item is quite unprofessional.
- Guest artists should be more informed about the importance of each war prize. Art wise also. I was surprised about how badly informed AO is, and doesn't even know what's purpose of the war prize. It was just funny to have a talk to him trying to avoid responsability. Just simply tell each guest artist he is responsible for a sensitive in-game feature, anything they say is directly linked with what devs think/say. Another thing is, if guest artists receive allegations like the war is rigged, I hope they respond in a way to convince them it's not, not feel sorry and suggest them to claim the war prize, hence confirming such allegations.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/15/2016 20:03:30 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 9th, 2016 - Infernal Aftermath 2016
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition