Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

How to survive Epic Duel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> How to survive Epic Duel
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2016 6:18:13   
Front45

Hey. We all know, that game is totally destroyed, as many players, me too, afk already few months, and don't have a wish to play.

1. Delete Ranks.

2. Raise level cap by 2 points every year.

3. Back old rare weapons seasonally (i mean all old items, Seasonally).

4. Make balance between each classes (Mercenary, Energy parasite and etc).

5. Add more missions. Add more npc-s, Add more achievements.

6. Back old skills: Reroute, blood lust, deadly aim and etc.

7. Decrease levels in Juggernaut battle.
Post #: 1
6/16/2016 12:23:36   
8x

The title mislead me. I was genuinely curious about what you were going to say, but I see it's just another list.

1. What should they do to stop people from being absolutely enraged?

2. Come on Front45...

3. Still on this... Please refer to 1.

4. It'd be better to just completely remake the skill trees.

5. Sure, why not, I guess...

6. I assume you mean passives. Please refer to 4.

7. <sarcasm>Yes, beat the life out of those low level players, ED doesn't need them anyway.</sarcasm>

8. "afk already few months" he says, that dedication. He refuses to sit at the computer because of ED.

9. Thanks for the replys.

10. The color code for the background of this forum is #EEEEEE.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2016 15:59:03   
leahnrachel
Banned

^ Have you seen the server numbers for the last few months , tried to get a 1v1 nevermind any other mode match under 40?

juggernaut frost is wrong on , The rest he's right
Post #: 3
6/16/2016 16:50:09   
Lord Machaar

10. John Cena.

On a serious note, the very same topics were posted by you in this post (Few days ago): http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22132436

I will see you again on the next similar post of yours with the same topics in the next following days.
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/17/2016 6:28:05   
SouL Prisoner

2. For real? -.- We need to decrease 2 level every month instead, lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/17/2016 10:41:25   
8x

^That. We need less skill points and stats.
Epic  Post #: 6
6/17/2016 15:18:42   
  Exploding Penguin

If you guys could provide some rationale that would be great; I just need something so that I can tell the devs what you are thinking without just saying "people want this but I don't know why."
Epic  Post #: 7
6/17/2016 15:42:51   
8x

^I'm pretty sure that Char already saw one of Front45's lists.
Epic  Post #: 8
6/17/2016 18:23:52   
  Exploding Penguin

I was talking more about why you think skill points and stats should be decreased.
Epic  Post #: 9
6/18/2016 8:37:03   
8x

The less stats and skill points you have, the more you have to focus on strategy and you have to use them wisely. When we were still at level 30 and didn't have enchantments, you had to carefully think through and calculate where each stat point will go. With the skill points, you probably maxed out the passive and a skill that you wanted to focus your build around, then you'd use the rest of your skill points on skills that might come in handy (and would use up the remaining energy that you had left).

With the abundance of skill and stat points, the battles are boring.

This is why I've always thought that putting enchantments on items other than primary weapons was an extremely bad idea. Same with max level increases.

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/18/2016 8:55:07 >
Epic  Post #: 10
6/18/2016 16:16:53   
  Exploding Penguin

I agree; I've been saying it for a while now but if we want to have more skill points beyond maybe 30-35 then we definitely need more skills added to the skill tree, which would ruin game balance as of now. Reverting back isn't really an option because of player satisfaction problems, but I'll definitely pass this on to the devs.
Epic  Post #: 11
6/18/2016 17:57:18   
Lord Machaar

We need to deal with alts first of all. Since we can't control PVP/NPC botters, we must at least control alts. Then we can move to other stuff.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/18/2016 18:16:41 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
6/19/2016 0:22:07   
leahnrachel
Banned

In order to reduce stats ranks would have to go , Not that I disagree I do believe removing stat points or lowering them rather is the way to go , but to do this and leave ranks in play that give a in battle advantage is not a option for obvious reasons.

And I can't stress enough how much I think ranks need the pvp advantage completely taken away from them , It doesn't promote new player retention at all , Its that simple , Ranks are toxic to new player retention and therefore the game in there current format.

But unfortunately the mods cant really win remove rank advantage and upset the 200 or so people here...... And hope new players come , If they don't game over.

Or

Leave ranks as they are and new players making it to 40 will be extremely rare , Same result game over perhaps a little slower.

the ONLY way around keeping ranks as they are is make it so you cant face anyone more then 10 +/- ranks away from you and only 40s up to rank 10 can face 38s/39s aand never release the valves on the matchmaker. The ranks are to broken you don't want your new players to think that's your idea of a fair game , Trust me.

And I am well aware wait times would go up for high rank players resulting in damage anyway , But less damage then is caused by allowing matches to start that are over before they begin.

Your move ED.

I'd also like to point out underdog wasn't a fix it was a bandaid a bad one , It doesn't make up for the level difference nevermind the equipment damage upgrades , extra armor , equipment stats , ranks , extra hp and skill points .

this was NOT a fix.

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 6/19/2016 0:29:33 >
Post #: 13
6/19/2016 3:32:25   
  Exploding Penguin

What could happen is that people who currently have ranks have their total EXP banked, and basically that once the level cap increases when new skills are added, people instantly level up until their banked EXP runs out, kind of like how you could get enough EXP past the level cap previously but you wouldn't level up until the next level cap raise, where those who had extra EXP already had progress towards the next level. Other option is to, as many people have suggested, remove the PvP-based benefits of ranks and make it purely cosmetic benefits.
Epic  Post #: 14
6/19/2016 8:23:54   
leahnrachel
Banned

I want to add I've been a steady player since early beta (before AE) And I've had points where I haven't been as active as others,

Points where I've been angry with the games choice of direction , Honestly omega overall hasn't upset me.

But ranks for everything in the post mentioned above are the single worst thing to have happened to epic duel , They have repeatedly pushed me away from the game taking huge breaks, granted I return but not for long before I'm forced out again in nothing then be described in any other terms then pure disgust.

Ranks spat in the face of what omega was supposed the end of bad balance the end of p2w , The end of silly fights , You exchanged one problem for the exact same problem just in another form.

Rather then p2w causing the problem , It became time creating power creep

Whats wrong with that you ask? The power creep (huge power gaps between players ) Was what omega was supposed to be getting away from.

But ranks are free everyone can obtain the power.

True if they had enough time for one thing.

And more importantly if their were enough players to balance matches with 100 ranks so for instance my rank 5 wasn't facing a rank 98 but 5 minutes ago . You put your newer more casual players on a never ending up hill struggle.

I have nothing else to say other then utter disbelief that the same mistake was made twice and the fix yet again is taking far to long, When it is glaringly obvious the rank pvp advantage HAS TO go.

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 6/19/2016 8:24:31 >
Post #: 15
9/3/2016 17:29:22   
slumbering insomniac

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT 👊👊👊

the game is litteraly a shadow of what it used to be nothing is fun anymore
Epic  Post #: 16
9/3/2016 17:32:55   
Cons

Just roll back everything to 2012.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/3/2016 18:15:32   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Please don't post in threads with more than 2+ weeks of inactivity. Secondly, it's been said time and time again, but EpicDuel will not revert to previous phases.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> How to survive Epic Duel
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition