Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= June 16th, 2016 - Coming Soon: Overlord War!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 16th, 2016 - Coming Soon: Overlord War!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2016 17:10:23   
Optimise

quote:

June 16, 2016
Coming Soon: Overlord War!
It seems that the embers of war in the Infernal Mines have barely cooled, but already a new region of Delta V is ripe for conflict. Early next week, the remote Overlord Facility will become the next backdrop of the regional war cycle, spurring Legion and Exile forces into direct conflict once gain!

What of the spoils? Guest Artist Deuce has crafted this marvellous Overlord Knight mutating armor to reward the victors of this upcoming war event!

Battle with all your might to maintain or to seize control of this embattled military base to claim this exquisite, exclusive, mutating armor!

Pyro Fly Restock!
You may be surprised to know that the Pyro Fly robot stocked on Kraggor is currently SOLD OUT! You may even be surprised to know that the Pyro Fly event came back! You may be EVEN MORE surprised to be reading the words on a magic slate made of light, possibly because you've been in cryo-hybernation for 10,000 years. If so, let us know!

Anyway, since the Pyro Fly went so quickly, we'll be restocking Friday at 4:00 PM EST!

This is the last restock we'll be doing on this bot this year. If you miss it, you'll have to wait until 2017!

What of BYE-YOH-BEASTS?
You've probably noted a lack of BioBeasts news here. You'd be correct! But that doesn't mean we've been napping at the lab. Quite the contrary! We've been undertaking a major overhaul of BioBeasts main interfaces and mutation systems to improve it's versatility and fun-factor, allowing us to create all the amazing content we've wanted to within a reasonable amount of time! In its current form, thanks to your continued support, BioBeasts has already passed the 100k install mark on Google Play and the rate at which people download the game continues to increase at a steady pace, despite very little marketing! After this overhaul is complete, BioBeasts will be on its way to achieving self-sustaining growth. We are very close to having previews ready, and should be ready to post updates next week!

Tags:

Tagged ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 6/16/2016 20:49:37 >
Post #: 1
6/16/2016 17:19:39   
Lord Machaar

quote:

possibly because you've been in cryo-hybernation for 10,000 years.

You know, yawning is contagious, when you yawn without covering your mouth, and somebody else was looking at you, that person will end up yawning as well.
Same can be said for hibernation*, when players see devs hibernating, they do the same thing.

Showcasing the war prize will indeed draw some attention, although it's quite late and the consequences of the last war's fiasco are quite apparent, there is no way to balance out the war now until legion players regain their motivation. Well, if that happens, Exiles will probably follow the right plan to win the next wars since they outnumber legions. But yeah, let's talk about BB instead in an ED DNs.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/16/2016 18:11:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2016 18:00:34   
leahnrachel
Banned

yay another war exactly the same as the last , And a broken bot re- released

Good times
Post #: 3
6/16/2016 20:26:12   
  Exploding Penguin

Rather than pointing out that the bot is broken (which IMO it is too strong), why don't you actually contribute to the conversation by explaining how it could be fixed? Or, even at the very minimum, actually just state why you think it's broken. If you don't provide any helpful context, then I don't know why you're actually posting. What do you want to be done? You won't have a shot at getting what you want unless you state what you want.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 6/16/2016 20:27:06 >
Epic  Post #: 4
6/16/2016 22:01:19   
leahnrachel
Banned

I need to explain why a bot capable of taking say static grenade from a bh in a game where for example a level 32 can be put up a against a 37 is broken.

Its bad enough in a fair fight , game over without question in a unfair one
Post #: 5
6/17/2016 6:22:16   
SouL Prisoner

It would be quite ironic and funny if the overhaul to BB actually ended up screwing the game like they did with ED, lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/17/2016 9:41:39   
overdead

If you're overhauling the BYE-YOH-BEAST interface, then when will you start with development of BYE-YOH-BEAST 2? Seriously can't wait for the sequel!!11!one!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/17/2016 10:47:01   
8x

For their sake, lets hope that the BB overhaul is mostly behind the scenes and not something huge that will scare away players.
Epic  Post #: 8
6/17/2016 12:16:10   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@leahnrachel. Pyro fly is fun for annoying opponents! ;)

I got so many people mad when their favourite skill went bye bye. Just love it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/17/2016 19:26:17   
Altador987

I feel as though pyro is a double edged sword...in 1v1 it's too powerful considering it usually takes out the mp skill which is a necessity currently. In 2v2 it's not as bad, so idk really how to truly nerf it correctly
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/17/2016 21:24:19   
One Winged Angel1357

@8x it sounds like a lot of the overhauling is specifically to add in player requested features that weren't possible in the original pass of the game as well as shake up the mutation system so that new players don't have to slog through the grind for the late game goodies and existing players will have more goodies to unlock.

So not back end things
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/18/2016 4:50:48   
Cyber Dream

IMO it's not the bot. It's the fact that classes have to depend on a certain skill to win.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/18/2016 10:52:32   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Isn't that more so if their build is a "stat abuse"? Pyro Fly works wonder on anything I've found, Str, Focus you name it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/18/2016 15:50:34   
leahnrachel
Banned

no build including strength focus will win losing a critical skill unless your facing someone multiple levels lower then you or really really bad, those are the facts on the ground , The bots broken
Post #: 14
6/18/2016 16:15:14   
  Exploding Penguin

If it takes field medic/heavy damage skill and you're playing against someone really tanky who just stalls you out then you're pretty much done for, regardless of the build. It basically just shuts off a major option for your opponent and then you can change your strategy to capitalize on them not being able to deal with certain tactics due to the lack of that skill.
Epic  Post #: 15
6/19/2016 23:54:58   
Altador987

you could claim that it is stat abuse, but frankly it makes using builds other than f5 focus pretty much impossible and even f5 is crippled by it. I don't see why they keep bringing the bot back frankly
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/20/2016 3:42:08   
  Exploding Penguin

Better question is why don't they just fix it.

They bring it back because they are obliged to due to their seasonal rare policy. If the bot wasn't so oppressive since its release it wouldn't have this problem in the first place, so the most logical answer is to rebalance it.
Epic  Post #: 17
6/20/2016 6:59:00   
SouL Prisoner

Every new, old core returned/added is basically just fueling the luck factor in game. And Pyro is an excellent example.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/20/2016 20:28:14   
Altador987

well, like i said earlier, i think fixing it is actually pretty difficult especially since in my opinion the bot weaker in 2v2. Even if it takes a vital hard hitting skill/energy drain/gain. There's someone else to help pick up the slack more than not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/25/2016 9:00:22   
SouL Prisoner

Is it just me or nightmare egg drop is quite ironical to it's name?? 100+ wins(Caden) and still no drop!! Please increase drop rate??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/25/2016 9:19:38   
leahnrachel
Banned

honestly pyro fly is more devastating in 2v2 IMHO, Quite often I find a lot of people going in 2v2 by their builds and general strategies are pretty clueless and looking to be carried, Cripple the experienced player he's/she's going to have a hard time carrying the less experienced player.

Then all you have to do is take out the less experienced player.... And double team the one hopelessly trying to carry his/her partner....
Post #: 21
6/25/2016 13:06:22   
Lord Machaar

Pyro fly makes battles more interesting. You learn how to adapt when different skills are disabled, ofcourse, it is harder when the energy skill is disabled, but that roughly has 33.33% chance to happen (in case you have 3 top skills) and 25% (in case you have top 4 skills).

Ofcourse that's in 1vs1 battles, in 2vs2 battles however, it can be pretty unhealthy for such battlemode (same goes for Azrael's anguish). I think there is a simple fix for both of them, which is simply, you can't use Pyro Fly's special or Azrael's Will twice on the same opponent.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2016 13:15:51 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 16th, 2016 - Coming Soon: Overlord War!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition