Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Advertisment might help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Advertisment might help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/21/2016 3:14:20   
lcheezy

Im not saying have a commercial but get out there devs connect with people famous ask them if they can play this game and maybe speak about it think outside the box ask your friends on how to advertise
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/21/2016 5:48:31   
SouL Prisoner

Here we go again. You cannot elect a dead person!. The game needs to be fixed first then advertised. Otherwise you're just inviting people to see how unbalanced the game is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/21/2016 15:50:28   
  Exploding Penguin

Yeah, it would definitely be better if we solve most of the existing problems in ED or at least lessen them to a more tolerable degree before getting out better advertisement.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/22/2016 8:10:12   
leahnrachel
Banned

Advertising this game would be suicide , Would of been suicide in beta not a attack to strictly omega

When ED joined AE the population grew but it never really held a large population in the grand scheme of gaming it was none existent, Advertising would of been suicide then because of p2w although , ED could of never of held a big base and would of got a terrible reputation .

Ironically though this brings me onto to why advertisement is suicide in omega the p2w hid just how badly broken balance was and the core gameplay , Then they implemented things like ranks to make a bad matchmaking system that bit worse....screwing over balance even more.

Gamers will not stand for this in large numbers now , There are enough games out there.

This isn't a attack

Merely stating facts why ED cant advertise..... It would do more harm then good with "lol balance"
Post #: 4
6/22/2016 15:19:43   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Short and sweet, advertising money is going to be spent on AQ3D before anything else.

However, I don't think advertising for EpicDuel would "kill the game", it might not be the best investment of that money, but it would still bring new players to the game. A lot of the balance problems in EpicDuel don't really occur until you've invested a fair amount of time in the game, or spent a fair bit of money. It's easy to forget that if you're dedicated enough to post on a Forum, you're probably close to max level and have been playing for a while. If I'm a casual player who gets around 10 or 20 matches in a day, some of the underlying faults, like rank issues, won't bother me.

There's a good amount of "stuff" for new players to experience (items, missions, achievements, bosses). Just because you guys have already played through all of it, doesn't mean it isn't there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/23/2016 0:36:24   
nowras

@BattleElf

You don't need to use money for Ads. You can simply talk with a famous youtuber and tell him about the game and make him make videos and for every new players he gets, he gets an in-game prize (Maybe old rare/ultra rare weapons).
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/23/2016 2:08:25   
lcheezy

@Nowras

Thank u you knew exactly what i was putting out there
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/23/2016 2:23:54   
leahnrachel
Banned

@ battle elf

I disagree its very very clear most people never make it to 30 level 30 isn't that difficult to get too even for a casual 3-4 mnths a couple of hours a day tops....

The game starts heading south fast by level 30 . By level 35 its near unplayable , As evidenced by trying to get a 2v2 match in this level range is a joke , And trying to get a 1v1 match is quite difficult on some timezones, and even when you do get a match its usually +/- 4/5 .

This right here tells you something I wonder why no one wants to play the game when it gets near the end.

And why most these new players are starting the game and dominating the lbs with 200 wins , Could they be alts *shock* ?

And its not like this is new this problem has been here since beta with matchmaking at the end , and rather then attempting to fix it, its been progressively made worse, level cap increases , ranks etc etc.

This gets a game a reputation of being bad and results in one server open with 300 people logging in tops (not factoring alts)

Advertisement would just alert more people to the state the game is in .

Hence my comment it's suicide.

Edit - I would also argue your more casual gamers are less likely to tolerate "bad game design / balance" Less reason to tolerate it a lot less invested, Your also giving them no incentive to play more then "20 battles a day" at best . Which keeps that server counter low ..... And further escalates matchmaking balance , All stemming from bad game balance making not enough people want to play

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 6/23/2016 4:34:07 >
Post #: 8
6/23/2016 2:42:24   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

nowras, that's definitely an option, but more likely than not any remotely successful gamer on YouTube wouldn't go for it for one or more of the following reasons:
  • Too many game requests
  • Game doesn't fit in with their channel's content and/or audience
  • Doesn't like the game and/or genre of game and/or style of gameplay
  • Wants a sponsorship deal to play the game ($$$)
  • Game isn't new enough
  • They already have a full line up, no room to start a new game
  • They know the video won't get enough views (aka not enough demand)

Back when I did YouTube, I had companies reach out, give me an early access code for their upcoming game and asked me to make a video on it but I didn't go for any of their offers (and by searching up the game, neither did anyone else remotely notable) usually because I didn't like the game, or I knew it wouldn't get many views even if I did make a video about it.

Most creators actually listen to their audience more than random business inquiries since at the end of the day, viewer engagement is what brings in money. If you want to see some YouTuber make a video on ED, then the best way is to bring it up to them yourself as someone that's in their audience. Unless you're a huge company like EA, Blizzard, Rockstar etc... a random person in the audience has the same, if not higher, chance of getting a video made on a game than the company behind the game.
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Advertisment might help
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition