Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mercenary: What is Wrong.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary: What is Wrong.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/21/2016 4:53:38   
Gold Shock

The class has indeed been nerfed into a quick kill class or don't bother playing it.

As for my summation of the class, useless comes to mind unless you want to just play a smash or burn style, the strategic style of play is very dull.. So much for the class description :p Mercenary has returned to how it was before omega: Only very smart, very old players can use it effectively.

I just get killed time and time again, the players think it's great beating me thou! Makes someone happy I guess.

The problem lies in the fact that other tank classes have better skill trees;
TLM has frenzy, a HP regain that is offensive, they use IA on rage, can normally survive the 1st rage... But the second rage by IA doesn't tickle!
BH and BM focus tanks are just as bad, smoke and shadow arts from BH or bludgeon combined with Blood Lust often sees defeat while they still have nearly full health and have barely touched their energy pool... Really sad those matches...

Then we come to the offensive builds from other classes;
TLM used with high support can deal out huge damage and have a high heal... Strength based TLM using a combination of double strikes and frenzy over and over and over again are also difficult to beat... Intimidate does work a bit.

BH, with high HP, high support, Poison, SA, and max massacre are the worst... Drain energy you say! Waste of time instant loss in most cases except for getting extremely lucky...

And then we have support TM... Good luck! Tech TM is beatable, but strategy to do so is boring and a really hard one to figure out.

What's wrong...
Easy way to fix is to simply eliminate it as a class, as it has been so bad for so long and the class is a basket case! Needs some form of debuff counter mechanism. Intimidate is easily the worst debuff. Adrenaline is useless, that skill was nerfed before it was even implemented. If rage was modified it may be slightly useful or have it actually reduce opponents rage gain. For example a CH, BH or TM can debuff me with smoke or malfunction, hence lower rage gain, and I have maxed adrenaline and they will still beat me to rage by 2-3 turns... BM are the worst culprits when it comes to unjustified rage gain due to the amount of damage they get and combined with BL return. Perhaps if rage considered bloodlust returns it would factor better!

Blood commander ... nerfed, takes a turn to activate... Well, it just got nerfed due to strength skill progressions being changed... It's a good in theory skill, but when games can last as little as 3-5 turns and often defensive moves are required who would consider using it when in all reality just striking more than compensates for the HP return and strength in terms of damage and rage gain. Also has no luck modifier unlike other class... Easily the worst buff
Intimidate... nerfed
Double Strike... nerfed
Artillary Strike... nerfed
Atom smasher... nerfed, useless against classes you need it the most, CH and BH massacre builds due to SA
Maul... nerfed, some say it's the best stun. Base is 16%, and it's the only stun that's blockable... hahaa.
Bunker... nerfed, it is okay at high levels, no energy tends to limit effectiveness :p DO NOT MAX THIS SKILL
Hybrid is same as other active armors. This skill had a slight advantage previously when it was a passive.

In case you're wondering why I listed so many skills as being nerfed well that's because of the progression table restructuring!

As the great G00NY said, Mercenary will no longer be a viable class from now until the devs decide they want it to. Tech is not the best because a well placed heal or emp = you lose. The only decent build for mercs now is a +5 focus build which is actually getting me about a 60-77% win rate surprisingly. (won't last long through the next patch I'm sure) Mercenary is just going to not ever be the same, looks like its time to go outside, mow some lawns and go to your local Wal-Mart and buy some varium for a class change :P But my pride for this class is to much.

So, mercenary is back into it's customary postion since the start of Delta, bottom of the food chain :(

I'll keep playing the class so that players can get free wins and brag about beating a beta player... I am strictly speaking for myself as a level 40 Mercenary!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/21/2016 8:38:29   
leahnrachel
Banned

As long as you 1v1

I see a merc on my team in 2v2 or a tech bolt tm in 2v2 and my opponents aren't using equally bad builds.

I know I've probably lost through my partner.

And I know he/she is spoiling the game for me.

They want to play in hard mode or "fun" mode, Okay , But don't enter a mode where you could end up spoiling a game for your partner playing in "win" mode against two opponents playing in win mode.

He/she now has to try carry you.

It isn't fair.
Post #: 2
6/21/2016 13:31:47   
Altador987

i'd argue that most skills for merc aren't bad they're just too costly and the energy regain is absolute crap. I'd say berserker, double hit, and the rage gain skill should be replaced. otherwise i think a change in mp usage for the class would make it just as viable as the others
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/21/2016 15:59:55   
  Exploding Penguin

The class itself just has bad skill problems. Pretty much all of the skills are awful because they don't provide enough for the high energy cost they have, coupled with static smash being horribly underpowered at the moment. I've said it several times before and I will continue to say it is that blood commander as a skill itself is straight up broken, but due to the way its scaling on the lifesteal works and whatnot it has very weak applications on merc. Hybrid armor is also a skill that has a ton of potential and is, by itself, very strong, but due to its energy costs and the way it works in terms of the buff's strength it's completely stinted in its effectiveness.

Mercenary basically just needs buffs to almost all the skills it has. What I was talking about with some other forum members before is to make the energy costs of Merc very low and keep static smash the same so that it becomes a low-energy class that gains a lot of benefit from energy recovery moves that aren't static smash but also gets hit hard by energy draining moves.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/21/2016 17:28:58   
Altador987

I support that idea^
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/21/2016 20:27:17   
Cyber Dream

I wouldn't touch merc or any class at that until each class is made unique. Why? The problem will just keep repeating it's self. Each class does the same thing, literally. Some classes are just better at doing it than other classes. If we want to fix merc then fix the issue that we have with the definition of "balance".
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/22/2016 12:35:55   
Altador987

I'd love to make the classes unique but if they can't even balance the classes with what we currently have I sincerely doubt they'll be able to make unique classes that work well in themselves without adhering to player complaints about an "op build"
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/23/2016 20:04:11   
Cyber Dream

Lol, they can't balance them because every class is the same. Once they make classes unique then im pretty sure that classes would be easier to balance since each class would have their own flavor.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/9/2016 9:29:37   
leahnrachel
Banned

IMHO strength hp has always been broken , Its just too difficult to counter , it relies on blocks and a lot of the builds can get around that shielding merely speeds up their rage , And the smart ones will have so much hp (1700) and strength (600 ballpark) Its really tough to stop.

That aside in a even fight the most reliable build is focus...... Its not as powerful as a good strength hp build even now IMHO, but the rest of the builds are less reliable then these two.

How is this relevant to merc? The merc is a terrible strength class , Why you say a lot of its skills gear to strength right? Yeah but it has no energy control meaning its going to get drained hard its only defensive options are not viable.

This also fits focus - focus builds tend to rely on one big hitter skill based around tech or a stall skill for classes like bh that doesn't have a heavy hitter to fit tech, and enough mana control to loop heal and unleash the bot, with enough defensive options to counter the abuse builds.....Again merc cant do any of this effectively......
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary: What is Wrong.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition