Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The problem with Blocks. IMO

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> The problem with Blocks. IMO
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2016 18:22:00   
Greed Redemption

I don't really think it makes sense for a block to do damage at all. It's just so unrealistic, In my opinion the game was fine with blocks doing no damage and that should've never changed. It's like adding in a chance to miss with the gun but the gun would do damage if you missed the bullet.
I'm just saying blocks should be back to how it was with no damage in my opinion it was much better and sometimes changed battles dramatically in a way for the opposite player to win.
Epic  Post #: 1
6/23/2016 18:39:00   
leahnrachel
Banned

This is a bad idea, Imho the frequency of blocks should be raised , people running around with 100+ strength and 40 dex should be punished more then they seem to be , A dex build with 160 dex does not seem to block as much as a 160 support build crits, same with tech and deflects.

I think crits need toning down , and blocks and deflects need buffing , but don't lose the damage from blocks , makes none blockables a no brainer since your guaranteed to do dmg even if you deflect.
Post #: 2
6/23/2016 18:49:26   
Greed Redemption

It shouldn't be called a block if it's still doing damage but anyway it's simply horrible idea to have it do any damage at all the game was fine before when blocks did no damage and it'd be the same now especially with hp going up to 2000. This would most likely help tank builds more.
Look if blocks are going to do damage, have it do like 10 dmg because 30 block damage is to much for a block seriously. I see some people strike and the damage is only 30 without block. It doesn't make any sense what so ever I don't understand why people want it to have damage it's so bad.
I think deflections also need a buff they aren't good enough I seen over 150 damage on a deflect like what the heck is that, although it was rage so I guess that makes sense. Deflects should also be buffed as well as blocks then. Maybe even a different name then block since you're not exactly
blocking when it does low damage anyway but that might just be me overthinking it anyway I say block gives 10-15 damage only and deflect gets buffed.
And yes the frequency of blocks should be raised.

(Update) : Deflects aren't that bad though so it doesn't need a huge buff.

Instead of calling it a bad idea then please help me make it a good one it's better to work together than alone.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 6/23/2016 18:59:08 >
Epic  Post #: 3
6/23/2016 19:03:20   
Mr. Black OP

Block=/=Dodge
An example is in a fist fight, if you block a punch by putting your arms up you stopped it from hitting your face but it still hurts a bit.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/23/2016 19:05:07   
leahnrachel
Banned

Your not thinking about balance solely your own desires, That's your problem .

For the same reason you don't support actually attempting to balance the matchmaking system in another thread.

Think about what your suggesting and why there would be incentive to make builds that never/rarely have to use blockables.

Would be a huge buff to gun aux/ focus none deflect/blockable builds ....and you a huge nerf to other builds.....it would raise more issues then it would solve.

But as mentioned before I agree with bringing blocks in line with crits....but removing the damage? No.
Post #: 5
6/23/2016 19:07:13   
Greed Redemption

From being in a previous fight in real life. I've blocked and I can say it does not hurt at all. but for this game, it's not fist fighting,it's swords and guns, understand my point of view here, if I'm going to swing my sword at you and you block it with your sword, that'd hurt? Interesting, so let's have block do less damage then. I say 10-15.

I only disagreed with the trophy idea because that idea wouldn't solve anything and I didn't exactly disagree with matchmaking

Are you saying to have Blocks and critical combo like the Critical deflect? I can agree with that.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 6/23/2016 19:14:04 >
Epic  Post #: 6
6/23/2016 20:02:53   
Cyber Dream

I never did agree with the logic every since it was changed. Im pretty sure you can counter/parry attacks to not get damaged at all. So since real life logic is being used, blocks should stay the same while adding the feature to counter/parry an attack without taking any damage at all. That's what I would do, but it's not going to happen. Blocks back then really did make the game more alive and caused us to show emotion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/23/2016 20:37:51   
Greed Redemption

I can't agree with the logic of it but I guess we'd have to deal with it until everyone agrees to have blocks make more sense again. I just wish we could lower the damage on blocks at least.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 6/23/2016 21:55:10 >
Epic  Post #: 8
6/24/2016 16:52:42   
Altador987

Orginially blocks happened a lot more often and received no damage, naturally this upsets people who can't just hack and slash away. IMO I think we could do either one or the other: either allow blocks to occur much more often OR allow them to receive no damage with blocks.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/24/2016 18:32:59   
Cyber Dream

Hm, what if it was like this. The higher your health, the higher chance you have to block someone. As your health drops, so does your block percentage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/24/2016 19:57:37   
  Exploding Penguin

This has already been talked about a lot. Blocks negating 100% of all damage is an absolutely horrible idea because of how high-impact even a single block is. A block right now is actually game-changing and before it was even worse when fights were even shorter, so by wanting to make blocks the way they were before you're basically trying to escalate an already existent problem.

What needs to be done about blocks, deflects, and crits is that they need to happen way more often but each time they occur their impact is a lot less. Improves consistency while still maintaining the tiny bit of luck/surprise factor that people enjoy about it.
Epic  Post #: 11
6/24/2016 20:36:52   
shadow.bane

^ so your talking about more RNG ?? like really ? today's RNG is horrible as it is and it need to be lowered
block ain't working as it should be like when u have base dex u block sometimes more than someone who spammed dex just to block same with deflections and crit chances these 2 % minimum block
chance seems to be like 80 % now with this horrible RNG. Please tell me ur not a tester cause if u are u need to leave this position for someone who actually plays the game imo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/25/2016 4:20:43   
leahnrachel
Banned

Blocks do need to occur more often heres why the most rewarding stats to abuse the first 2 are arguable in order

1)strength
2)health
3)support
4)dex
5)tech

Why strength at the top? Because blocks rarely happen , so spam enough hp with strength you'll be pretty difficult to beat , Support does have a few draw backs but with the frequency of crits , and the dex builds low hp, it earns its spot above dex, Techs pretty terrible focus is quite weak now . For anyone none high rank , It will leave your defenses only average at best , or your hp to low with not enough heavy damage , To compete with the abuse builds you will constantly run into.
Post #: 13
6/25/2016 4:42:32   
Cyber Dream

quote:

What needs to be done about blocks, deflects, and crits is that they need to happen way more often but each time they occur their impact is a lot less. Improves consistency while still maintaining the tiny bit of luck/surprise factor that people enjoy about it.

What if your idea including deflects, and crits was combined with this?
quote:

Hm, what if it was like this. The higher your health, the higher chance you have to block someone. As your health drops, so does your block percentage.

AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/25/2016 4:46:48   
Lord Abdi

Blocks shouldn't do any damage. Logically speaking, wouldn't the point of blocking be not to take any damage? If your considering to have a block and still take damage, then I'm assuming you've got the wrong title for such a thing and needs to be replaced with a little thing called dodge. The games RNG is already broken with the amount of luck people get consistently. I mean...come on. How can you continue to deflect my attacks when we both have the same technology to doing so and yet I'm not deflecting as much as you are to me. Back then, the price of blocking would be getting you a faster rage so it did benefit you. The game has really gone down the hill with its lack of balance and lack of RNG.

< Message edited by Lord Abdi -- 6/25/2016 4:50:49 >
Post #: 15
6/25/2016 4:53:59   
  Exploding Penguin

@shadow.bane

No, I am not a balance tester. And if you actually spend a bit of time to think about it logically, it reduces the luck aspect of RNG without increasing or decreasing the impact of blocks/deflects/crits. You seem to misunderstand the suggestion.

@Cyber Dream
I don't really see the purpose of your suggestion tbh. What would we get from implementing something like that versus what we currently have?
Epic  Post #: 16
6/25/2016 4:58:10   
Cyber Dream

Lord, when you block irl, you take damage. It's just reduced. Dodging however means that you take no damage what so ever.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> The problem with Blocks. IMO
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition