Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Trading system

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Trading system
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/25/2016 4:28:25   
Lord Abdi

What do you guys think about an Epic Duel trading system where you can just trade items with people if people were willing to trade back with you.
Post #: 1
6/25/2016 4:30:42   
leahnrachel
Banned

Fix matchmaking/ class balance ,remove ranks

Then we can talk about adding new stuff.

No point adding new features in a game that wont grow due to balance.

Wont happen anyway their to frightened of scammers , And it would give people less incentive then they already have to spend money.

Shame they don't understand that a game that was enjoyably balanced , would get them more $$$ then the latest op promo ever would.

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 6/25/2016 4:33:15 >
Post #: 2
6/25/2016 10:45:33   
Optimise

The forever recurring suggestion to implement a trading system was rejected time and time again for adequate and understandable reasons. It would not have much of a positive impact towards the in-game economy or the games well-being. Trading systems are usually and originally prone to exploits and would prove near-impossible to construct in a way so it's anti-exploitable due to the nature of this feature. As already mentioned by someone else here it'd be best if they looked at the current state of EpicDuel and fix current issues and features before thinking about introducing (more) brand new features.

I can provide more reasons as to why it isn't going to be implemented, but to begin with there is no reason to discuss something that isn't going to be implemented as it has (and still will) been (be) turned down so many times due to security implications, reasons mentioned above, and more. Moreover, this is already in the =ED= Frequently Suggested Ideas thread. For your peace of mind here are also some official responses from Nightwraith himself in regards to a potential trading system (or anything of the sort) for EpicDuel, feel free to have a read:

quote:

Nightwraith:

I'm usually willing to leave the door propped open for even the wackiest feature suggestions.

However, I can say with 100% confidence that there will NEVER be trade in EpicDuel. The Help Team is already overburdened with reports from players who trade and lose accounts. Building an in-game trade system would just be a one-stop-shop for scammers.
Source

quote:

Nightwraith:

Hey! I can login today!

The solution is not betting or trading or gambling. If anything, it would cause more angry players, more disabled account, and more banned accounts. Yes, you could give better gear to your alts, but that's more like an account-wide inventory system rather than trading. If we were just starting a new game, we could build an infrastructure to handle trading, but the game is too far along for such a major change even if we were eager to implement it.

There's not really any reason to discuss it further because trade/betting features will never be implemented in EpicDuel.
Source

quote:

Nightwraith:

There will never be trading or betting in EpicDuel. Quote it.
Source

quote:

Nightwraith:

It would be a huge programming burden to code securely and would be a nightmare for the Help Team. It would hurt way more than help.
Source

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 11:32:17 >
Post #: 3
6/25/2016 12:24:31   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Please see the quotes that Optimise has provided.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Trading system
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition