Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Want full servers? Listen for once.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Want full servers? Listen for once.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2016 21:12:15   
dfo99

i stop of read at "p2w games, when it's worth it to pay, have ALWAYS been more successful than f2p games." lol...
Post #: 26
7/1/2016 0:04:51   
leahnrachel
Banned

@dfo utter rubbish simply isn't true, There has been a huge shift in the industry , P2W games are dying out they cant survive, F2P is the new model , They have to be monetized correctly though with cosmetics, And none game changing items , Which is why ED is still dying its still veering towards P2W with overpowered cores you cant buy free for an entire year. Ranks may have a credit option but are extremely expensive and also feels a lil p2w.

Even subscription games are dying out I mean look at City of heroes a giant in its industry , They had to go f2p.....But because they handled it badly they also died out , ED is merely on track for the same fate,

I've come to the sad realisation that the devs don't know how to fix class balance, Don't know how to create revenue without p2w And don't know how to fix matchmaking.

Unfortunate as I would say the people playing this are getting older and wont fall for the same bs anymore.
Post #: 27
7/6/2016 13:44:43   
overdead

We all know that discussion is futile right? And it's not because they can't revert to past phases. It doesn't even matter if they can. The game is like the titanic an hour after it hit the iceberg; there are a few lifeboats (*cough*biobeasts*cough*) where the devs have already boarded and people on the ship already split into two groups: one which accepted their fate and the other which panics and start jumping and shooting.

But I come back to this forum every time. There's something about the momentary flash (probably not the best word to use) of ideas which creates an illusion of hope that the servers one day fill up again. That the devs focus on the regular updates and devote their time to making new and fun features again. That your old pals suddenly log in regularly again. But we all know that's not gonna happen. But we dream nonetheless. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/5/2016 0:02:02   
Clutch

Nice to still see a few familiar names still hanging around. Haven't touched the game in over a year and I tried playing today and boy was it confusing! I will admit the game has now lost it's appeal to me. Not sure if it'll ever go back to it's old roots of super quick battles but hey, an old timer can hope right! Hope everyone is doing well.

-Clutch

< Message edited by Clutch -- 8/5/2016 0:03:34 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
8/5/2016 14:46:42   
SlyCooperFan1

quote:

Side note- p2w games, when it's worth it to pay, have ALWAYS been more successful than f2p games. Varium users have an advantage, done and dusted, none of this credit users being just as powerful nonsense.

While I know a lot of people have been very outspoken about all of the balance changes over the past few years to EpicDuel, none of those are why I have such a horrible opinion of the game. I always tried to give EpicDuel a fair shot, but every time, I hated it and left it alone because the game boiled down to this: if you want to win, you have to pay. If you don't pay, you won't enjoy the game.

I think there's an issue in this thread where some people are mixing up "P2W" with "free games that have something you can pay for." There is no 100% free-to-play game on the market, they just can't survive because they need a source of income. However, P2W games have a wretched opinion among the majority of gamers because they're disgusting in what they do - asking the players to pay the developers to give them an objective and massive advantage over players who don't pay. EpicDuel was no different. Every time I saw someone who had clearly spent Varium to get some of their advanced items, it was almost an instant loss. Apparently, that's changed now, and credit users are just as powerful? If that's true, that's a good thing.

AdventureQuest 3D is doing it the correct way, by giving us DragonCoins that we can use to either speed up certain things, get access to certain places a little more, etc. But DragonCoins do not give players who have them a distinct, massive advantage over players who don't have them, and the power levels are very similar. Plus, the best items in the game - epic loot from high-level dungeons - are not available for purchase with DragonCoins. I suppose there's an argument to be made about AQ3D being a PvE-centric game whereas EpicDuel is a PvP-centric game, but EpicDuel also features PvE and I'm sure AQ3D will add PvP modes in the future.

I don't know what the future of EpicDuel holds, if there is a future at all (its developers are doing a really good job with BioBeasts, which I'm still playing every day), but I think the design philosophies of what makes a good free-to-play game were lost somewhere a few years back.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/9/2016 20:20:30   
Xendran

Crash course on making profits as F2P without killing your game: http://imgur.com/a/JibuK

As for reverting to an old version, it wouldn't be compatible with new server infrastructure so they would have to do essentially a demake of the current system, or just make it from the gruond up.
At that point, they may as well make a new game (not biobeasts, a bigger one with their new unity experience).

< Message edited by Xendran -- 8/9/2016 20:21:57 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
8/10/2016 4:19:42   
Cyber Dream

oh i've suggested numerous ideas regarding that picture Xendran; from adding in a new kind of varium only arcade token that guarantees a high tier item, adding in idividual aromor peices/sets, all the way down to adding in a new cosmic feature where you can get multiple skins for you weps. Just imagine those features combined together. As I always say. this game still has a lot of potential. Knowing that the game is dying, I would add in as much money grabbing features that can also benefit the players before letting the game just die out. Just saying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/10/2016 7:34:54   
Satafou

The game isn't dying, it's already dead. The devs have jumped on the escape boat to the land of Biobeasts whilst ED players are stuck in a coma of these looped wars. Anyone who played as far back as even gamma, where all 4 servers were open with 3 of them being completely full can see quite clearly that ED is dead.
Post #: 33
8/10/2016 23:16:33   
Cyber Dream

It just isn't to your liking. To some of the old players, it already dead or it's dying. Im pretty sure that the new players don't look at it in that way.

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 8/12/2016 1:43:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
9/3/2016 17:32:58   
slumbering insomniac

Been thinking the exact same thing :( heck even illuminator and Barney have left us
Epic  Post #: 35
10/2/2016 1:40:59   
DeltaNoob123456789

^Especially one of the most famous players, NightAngel
Post #: 36
10/2/2016 19:07:45   
Xendran

quote:

Im pretty sure that the new players don't look at it in that way.

Really?
What do you expect the reaction to be when a new player logs onto a game that uses an insecure and unsupported platform and sees ~100 people online? (I logged in to 68 players the other day)
Then if they decide to take the plunge they're greeted with long waits between matches and hugely imbalanced fights.
It's doubtful they'll even make it far enough into the game to discover that almost all of the useful equipment isn't available for purchase, which would just drive them away even more.

The game is more dead to new players than it is to old ones.

AQ DF Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Want full servers? Listen for once.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition