Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tournaments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tournaments
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2016 18:56:06   
nowras

Clash Royale made an update yesterday and it was about tournaments and we really, enjoyed the update so, I was thinking of making Tournaments also, in ED.

How does the system work:

1- You pay varium to create a tournament.

2- You need to do as much wins as you can in a closed matching system between those who participated only. Each win counts as a point and each lose takes down one of your points.

3- Tournament rules apply.

4- A tournament doesn't start until it's full or at least 50% full.

5- You can set up a tournament password.

6- Tournaments' duration depends on their size.

7- Wins in the tournaments are counted as 1v1 wins / 2v2 wins, depends on the type of the tournament.

8- You can choose the type of the tournament (1v1 or 2v2 only).

9- You won't be matched with someone who is not in the tournament and you can't do any other type of battle other than the type of battle the tournament was set on.

10- You may be able to leave the tournament at any time but, you won't get a prize if you do.

11- You must be a level 35 to start a tournament and to participate in it.

12- If you don't get matched with an opponent in 4 minutes you automatically, get matched with a random NPC that's close to your level.

13 - You get the same battle record (credits and EXP) as PvP.

14- A search page to look for tournaments.

15 - You may join any tournament if it's not password protected at anytime even if it's already started unless it's full. You may also do that if you know the password of password protected tournaments.

16- A special tiered achievement that shows the number of varium spent on tournaments with huge rating points.

17- 3 special rare weapons designed for the creators of 10k , 25k and 50k varium tournaments.

18- You may be able to fight anyone even if they haven't participated in the tournament but, the matching system will prefer the participants.

Red: Added recently but, may change in the future.

Blue: Added recently and won't be removed or changed in the future.

Green: Deleted but, still not entirely sure of that.

Tournament rules: No ranks, no underdog mode, no blocks even if you have 1000k more dexterity than your opponent, no deflections and no criticals. Also, first turn will be given to the person who has the higher support even if he has 1 more support than you. When both of the players have the same support it's a 50% chance.

Tournament rules: No ranks, no underdog mode.

Tournament tiers:

Tier 1
Cost: 250 varium
Capacity: 10 players
Duration: 1 hour
Prizes:
#1 - 1,000 credits
#2 - 500 credits
#3 - 250 credits
#4 - 125 credits

Tier 2
Cost: 500 Varium
Capacity: 25 players
Duration: 2 hours
Prizes:
#1 - 2500 credits
#2 - 1250 credits
#3 - 500 credits
#4 - #10 - 250 credits
#11 - #15 - 125 credits

Tier 3
Cost: 1250 varium
Capacity: 35 players
Duration: 3 hours
Prizes:
#1 - 7 x War Commanders
#2 - 3 x War Commanders
#3 - 2 x War Commanders
#4 - #10 - 1 x War Commander
#11 - #15 - 1000 credits
#16 - #20 - 500 credits

Tier 4
Cost: 2500 varium
Capacity: 50
Duration: 12 hours
Prizes:
#1 - 15 x War Commanders
#2 - 7 x War Commanders
#3 - 3 x War Commanders
#4 - #10 - 2 War Commanders
#11 - #15 - 1 War Commander
#16 - #20 - 1000 credits
#21 - # 25 - 500 credits

Tier 5
Cost: 10000 varium
Capacity: 100
Duration: 24 hours
Prizes:
#1 - 100,000 credits
#2 - 30 x War Commanders
#3 - 15 x War Commanders
#4 - #10 - 7 x War Commanders
#11 - #15 - 3 x War Commanders
#16 - #20 - 2 x War Commanders
#21 - #25 - 1 War Commander
#26 - #35 - 1000 credits
#36 - #50 - 500 credits

Tier 6
Cost: 25,000 varium
Capacity: 250
Duration: 3 days
Prizes:
#1 - 2 x Permanent +6 strength +6 Dex and +6 Tech and +6 support cores.
#2 - 1 x Permanent +6 cores.
#3 - 50,000 credits
#4 - #10 - 25,000 credits
#11 - #15 - 12,500 credits
#16 - #20 - 5 x War Commanders
#21 - #25 - 3 x War Commanders
#26 - #35 - 2 x War Commanders
#36 - #50 - 1 x War Commander
#51 - #100 - 1000 credits
#101 - #125 - 500 credits

Tier 7
Cost: 50,000 varium
Capacity: 500
Duration: 1 week
Prizes:
#1 - 1,000,000 credits
#2 - 500,000 credits
#3 - 250,000 credits
#4 - #10 - 125,000 credits
#11 - #15 - 50,000 credits
#16 - #20 - 10 x War Commanders
#21 - #25 - 5 x War Commanders
#26 - #35 - 4 x War Commanders
#36 - #50 - 3 x War Commanders
#51 - #100 - 2 x War Commanders
#100 - #125 - 1 x War Commander
#125 - #200 - 1000 credits
#201 - #250 - 500 credits

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/7/2016 15:27:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/5/2016 19:40:50   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Tournament rules: No ranks, no underdog mode, no blocks even if you have 1000k dexterity than your opponent, no deflections and no criticals. Also, first turn will be given to the person who has the higher support even if he has 1 more support than you. When both of the players have the same support it's a 50% chance.

Not sure with the "no blocks, no deflections, no criticals thingy and first turn calculation". This is actually the major problem that the game could face if ranks get removed without a replacement. What if 2 focus builds face each other, with same support, same class, same build, same everything? Whoever starts first, wins since there is no chance for blocks or deflections or criticals. So it will be 100% luck dependent, which contradicts with what you are trying to achieve.

The suggestion in general is not bad since it has been suggested before, many times. Except the balance problems that could appear from removing luck factors/UM (w/ replacing it), and also the playerbase, and different time zones. Plus some players might end up giving the password to the tournament to their friends only, making it an easy to be exploited (free wins, botting..). Maybe letting the system look for contestans could solve this problem.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
7/5/2016 20:51:43   
shadow.bane

quote:

making it an easy to be exploited (free wins, botting..).

Maybe you understood him wrongly or didn't read well or didn't understand his English, am not sure since the tournament actually needs varium to enter. so I doubt any alt/idiot to give free wins will enter and waste varium for the sake of one player to win 1 k credits.
But the part about no RNG I agree with you on it.

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 7/5/2016 20:52:50 >

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/5/2016 22:32:09   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Maybe you understood him wrongly or didn't read well or didn't understand his English, am not sure since the tournament actually needs varium to enter. so I doubt any alt/idiot to give free wins will enter and waste varium for the sake of one player to win 1 k credits.

His English is perfectly fine.
I did read the suggestion very well.
The problem might be in either your understanding of things (in general) or your English. As Nowras stated:
quote:

The word is very clear, "create", very different from "enter". Only one player has to create the tournament while others can join freely. If you find an invisible "enter" word in OP, notify me, I might have blinked and it disappeared.
Players tend to spend more varium on cosmetics, gifting, EXP and credits boosts. It would be an easy task to spend 250 var and 1 hour farming the players you choose to give the passwords to.
quote:

13 - You get the same battle record (credits and EXP) as PvP.

Considering you can do up to 60/90 wins per hour, since you can win in 1 turn (using a low HP character with minimum defenses), that equals, if you do maths, between 2220/3330 credits and 720/1080 EXP. Ofcourse since PH is not mentioned, we are not going to double those digits up.
That's better than spending varium on boosts, or even botting/farming NPCs.

To be more constructive, the problem can be solved if wins from the tournament do not give any type of rewards. The tournament's prize is the only reward that must be given.

ED players are professional when it comes to botting/alting, and I'm quite sure you do realise that, I don't think I need to show you how stuff can be done ;).
We definitely have a quite dense population of botters who reached high ranks, I don't think anyone fancies such numbers to go more higher than it already is.
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
7/5/2016 22:33:44   
Optimise

@shadow.bane - I think it's the other way around; you misunderstood. ;) The OP clearly indicates the following:
quote:

nowras:

How does the system work:

Note on the create part, meaning you are required to pay varium to host a tournament, but not to enter. The OP doesn't explicitly mention anything about paying varium to participate in a tournament. Even so if it were to be the way you describe, then why should free players become alienated from participating in tournaments? I agree mostly with what's been pointed out by users above, but even if an automated contestant seeking system were to be implemented in favor of this system to tackle exploitation and cheating it really won't do much due to the lack of active players; allowing you to find the contestants you personally want despite the supposed randomized system in place. I think this game at it's current state, does not require a feature that would gradually segregate (free/var players) the community and playerbase even more because we are struggling in terms of actual player count in this game; this feature suggested will act more so like a deterrent to this already waning playerbase.
Post #: 5
7/5/2016 22:48:51   
Altador987

I like the idea but with the way balance works right now, certain classes would have a serious advantage especially if luck factors are ignored completely. Also it'd be hard to implement with so few players. The idea itself is pretty neat though
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/6/2016 8:44:45   
shadow.bane

@machaar @optimize just have a laugh machaar knows what am talking about

on topic : maybe a 250 - 2500 var tires are good mate but who would be dumb enough to create a 50000 varium tournament to win 1000000 credits and not sure if he will even win or no ?
there must be another way for that or maybe a lot less cost ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/6/2016 9:10:23   
Lord Machaar

quote:

@machaar @optimize just have a laugh machaar knows what am talking about

I have no idea what you are talking about. This is a place where players discuss ideas, not a place to have a laugh. Sarcasm is an art, there is a thin line between sarcasm and stupidity.

Even if people wish to have a laugh, they do not intrigue that by showcasing their lack of understanding things or by trying to cover it up.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/6/2016 15:11:57 >

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-Mark Twain
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
7/6/2016 9:42:33   
leahnrachel
Banned

'People keep making suggestions that would only benefit 1% of the playerbase

When this is pointed out they make bogus excuses for why its a good idea.....
Fact is if this game is to have a chance they need to win the casuals back how do they do this?

1) get rid of rank
2)fix balance
3) get rid of this repetitive war its lame
4) fix balance
5) do not listen to suggestions that are clearly coming from children only thinking of themselves. Not the games survival.

/thread.
Post #: 9
7/6/2016 12:02:18   
nowras

quote:

5) do not listen to suggestions that are clearly coming from children only thinking of themselves. Not the games survival.

so, you're actually, telling them not to listen to you or what exactly?

quote:

'People keep making suggestions that would only benefit 1% of the playerbase

My suggestion would benefit 99% of the playerbase.

quote:

ED players are professional when it comes to botting/alting, and I'm quite sure you do realise that, I don't think I need to show you how stuff can be done ;).
We definitely have a quite dense population of botters who reached high ranks, I don't think anyone fancies such numbers to go more higher than it already is.

This system isn't exploitable, I'm sure. You would need a level 35 alt in order to participate (If you wanna use alts) and not too many players do have high level alts and if they do, they would care about them and won't accept ruining their records. And for botters, they wouldn't also benefit from it as they will lose more than they win so, their points won't increase but, will decrease and they will give their enemies more free points.
I agree about the RNG part. I guess I'll edit the post and remove that from it.

quote:

on topic : maybe a 250 - 2500 var tires are good mate but who would be dumb enough to create a 50000 varium tournament to win 1000000 credits and not sure if he will even win or no ?
there must be another way for that or maybe a lot less cost ?

Oh no, it's not too much at all. In Clash Royale there's a tournament that costs 2,000$+ while this one just costs 250$, not to mention that 10+ 2,000$ tournaments have been hosted in Clash Royale in just one day. With that amount of money they could have got like 100,000 cards when the tournament's top prize was just 15,000 cards.
There also shall be a prize for someone who creates a 50k varium tournament like a rare weapon or so. Also, there would be a tiered achievement that shows the number of varium spent on tournaments.

quote:

Considering you can do up to 60/90 wins per hour, since you can win in 1 turn (using a low HP character with minimum defenses), that equals, if you do maths, between 2220/3330 credits and 720/1080 EXP. Ofcourse since PH is not mentioned, we are not going to double those digits up.
That's better than spending varium on boosts, or even botting/farming NPCs.

Since it's a closed matching system, it might take a while to start a battle so, actually, it would be slower or as fast as normal PvP and trust nobody has a lot of friends (25+) that would give him/her free wins.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/6/2016 12:30:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/6/2016 13:36:45   
shadow.bane

okay ignorance and being in denial is a bless xD
I stay on my opinion @nowras no one will be that dumb to pay up to 50 k varium for an uncertain win of 1000000 credits (Clash of royals is not EpicDuel).
and the no RNG thing is as @machaar said who start first wins.
a game without RNG well it's not a game cause without it there would be no balance maybe like lower the impact of RNG or the % of that RNG to happen yeah but not take it all at once.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/6/2016 14:06:28   
nowras

People spent much more than that on gifting Mr. Bane to give players just umm, 100k credits?
Well, one gift costs 500 varium so, they actually, would give out just 100 gifts and each gift contains 1,000 credits so, yea, just 100k, lol.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/6/2016 14:09:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/6/2016 15:11:15   
Lord Machaar

quote:

This system isn't exploitable, I'm sure. You would need a level 35 alt in order to participate (If you wanna use alts) and not too many players do have high level alts and if they do, they would care about them and won't accept ruining their records. And for botters, they wouldn't also benefit from it as they will lose more than they win so, their points won't increase but, will decrease and they will give their enemies more free points.

No system is exploitable on the short term (Unless it's very bad), but on the long term, players start to look for easy ways and shortcuts with minimum effort to achieve their goals. The system itself is not exploitable, but the game is. The legendary system is a living proof. If botting wasn't a thing, you wouldn't see many high ranks players now, that's pretty much a fact.

We have dedicated organizations of players in-game that have one main goal which is to compromise the competition. Hence why you see an endless amount of alts being created each and everyday, and futurely being used to compromise the competition. I'm sure not any player out there can do that. And moderators/Help team are incapable of dealing with it, for the simple reason that having an endless amount of alts is legal, and also playing on an endless amount of accounts at the same time is also legal (It was illegal in Gamma, but you can tell how much they are desperate for players, they started tolerating cheaters).

Back to your point, botting can do magic, if there are players rank 100+ with +50k NPC wins, making a level 35 would be an easy task. They don't even need someone to play for them, which is actually an easy thing, with 1 gift card, you can make some players out there do magical things for you. But why do that when you can do your own stuff. There are VPN's/Proxies now, and moderators can not simply detect if a player uses them or not.

quote:

Since it's a closed matching system, it might take a while to start a battle so, actually, it would be slower or as fast as normal PvP and trust nobody has a lot of friends (25+) that would give him/her free wins.

You stated that:
quote:

9- You won't be matched with someone who is not in the tournament and you can't do any other type of battle other than the type of battle the tournament was set on.
12- If you don't get matched with an opponent in 4 minutes you automatically, get matched with a random NPC that's close to your level.

Meaning that you will only face players from said tournament. Making a private tournament where you add the alts you want (whether yours created with the help of VPNs/Proxies and played by bots on another computer, or alts created by other players).

In the end, I'm not saying that there is not a solution for this since I mentioned some simple ones like:
- Wins from the tournament do not give PVP rewards.
- The system chooses contestants with criteria you pick.
- You don't necessarily have to face players from the tournament only, you can play the PVP mode of the tournament, and each time you face a player from the tournament, it will be written under his name like the way "juggernaut" is written under players' names when they play that battlemode. The engine will be re-prioritized so facing tournament contestants will be more likely than facing regular players.

But what I'm trying to deliver is, never underestimate the power of bots, alts nor cheaters. They are capable of some things you could never imagine, especially since there is always something new in the market, from bots that can start up your computer, recognize pictures, type for you and plenty of things... we no longer talk about bots but we are talking about bots with artificial intelligence. The worst thing about this is it's becoming free. Same thing can be said when it comes to hiding your identity or changing your IP, it has now came to the point where international agencies can't catch worldwide criminals/hackers, so you can't really expect anything from the help team/moderation team of a small indie games company. The solution is easy, it's totally up to the devs making their game in the first place botting-proof. This could have been done with the legendary system by making NPC wins reward-less after a certain rank/level, this way, we could have a way more legit community by now, what about PVP botting? It is easy to detect PVP botters, you never use your energy stealing skill when your opponent has 0 energy. Enough reports and you will get that account perma-banned. NPC botting however is undetectable, since botting = farming NPCs, you will end up using the same 4 - 5 moves against the same NPC, doesn't take much intelligence to do that.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/6/2016 15:20:22 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/6/2016 16:22:08   
leahnrachel
Banned

Pvp botting your just getting your toon killed , in 2v2 its a problem but ultimately only kills you in 1v1 or juggernaut

NPC botting they will never stop as even a none botter will repeat the same strat to kill a npc, And since they cant stop npcing for obvious reasons (balance) Your going to have to get used to it.
Post #: 14
7/6/2016 18:00:25   
nowras

In fact, NPC botting can be recognized easily. Anyone with NPC wins more than 15,000 is without a doubt, a botter but, unfortunately, this is not a proof. It's a fact but, not a proof. The ED team should just let their mods focus on these players with huge amount of NPC wins and keep PMing them. Or maybe, adding a feature that asks them easy math questions such as 10 + 15 and then they should answer it correctly and if they don't after 3 tries they get D/C'd. This feature is only for people with huge NPC wins. (15,000+).
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/6/2016 18:42:10   
Optimise

I will mainly be addressing both Nowras and shadow.bane in this post which will lead to pointing out the flaws in this idea of tournaments, and also clearly distinguish and clarify my comments because it seems there are users who are bewildered by my posts as if I am speaking nonsensical gibberish contrary to what is realistically being said about this subject in actuality. If you do not like to read opinions nor facts; in general discuss things defeating the purpose of the forums, then feel free to disregard this post as I am going to write more extensively to elucidate this situation. I would ask that you do not drag my comments out of context or twist to make it seem as if I am insulting, because I am rather a humble person and do not wish to harm anyone but do dislike when one portrays it to be otherwise.

I am not going to be quoting each of the replies in this thread as that tends to make posts dragged out; so my paragraphs are going to be addressing each of your points from a wider perspective rather than directly confronting them. I do not mind some friendly banter here and there on the forums but in the end we are here to explore, analyse, and discuss ideas/topics brought upon by the community. This game cannot grow from personal attacks, however it certainly can from constructive criticism; this community has been divided ever since I can remember and it has been gradually getting worse as time went on. To be able to improve this game we should be suggesting features that would unite in lieu of suggestions that will consequently segregate and divide our community. Arguments based around logic are what create joyful discussion but when one decides to disrupt the continuity of such constructive activity it can turn out somewhat bitter and shallow; resulting in unproductive discussion.

You, shadow.bane, are laughing at something that is invisible to mostly everyone and to be fairly precise you are being quite foolish by contradicting yourself most of times with the current activity in this thread serving as an excellent exemplary to further fortify my point. Your initial post in this thread clearly lacks understanding of this suggestion, but to then dismiss such misunderstanding in a further post as a mere joke to laugh about; it really doesn't reflect all too well on your stature. Believe it or not you are in fact putting yourself in a laughable position due to your nonsensical posts. Gloating and pomposity will get you nowhere. To get respect you have to give respect first, you earn respect; what you give, you get in return whenever that may be.

One cannot expect respect when the other is producing illogical and unnecessary posts on the likes of social media; simply seeking fake attention and for people to assist in battling and chaining down the fearsome and infamous duo, Lord Machaar and Optimise (not really; will get down to that in a bit) because you fail to support your claims with logical reasons, facts, and opinions. Publicly denouncing ones behavior in a pompous and narcissistic manner on social media or in-game does not once again reflect all too well on your stature, and entirely ruins the integrity of discussions. There is no need for one to do so because forums are available 24 hours, 7 days a week without restrictions allowing one to communicate with players in relevant threads without the need of speaking behind the others back. If you did not understand anything, simplified; feel free to let me know if you have any issues with me as I will gladly address any concerns you may have of me. I am not too fond of the idea of gossiping; speaking ill of someone behind ones back regardless of whatever reasons it may be for, it simply isn't respectful nor productive and will only serve as flame-baiting.

This is probably in the mind of many forumites and I hope to clarify things; Lord Machaar and I are indeed in the same faction but one thing I would like to clarify is that my behavior is not influenced nor decided by him. I have my own mind as you could tell, and am not a robot being manipulated by a supposed overlord. I regard him as a friend, and he surely does likewise but when it comes to logical debates I will confront him the same way I do with others; this goes to anyone -- I will address someone if I feel I can contribute towards the said topic regardless of whether they may be a foe or friend. I cling on to my logically shifting mantra regardless of whom I face. The notion of me hopping on forums to supposedly attack someone or back up my fellow faction members, is false. Discussions such as this ultimately revolve around logic, reasoning, and facts which means such elements will overcome the friendly chatter between players. I have been in different factions; The Evil Council, Variation, and now The Dead End and in no way do my relationship with players influence my decisions. I treat everyone equally; there is a thing known as equality. I do not attack people but rather their illogical reasoning. Simply put; I am posting of my own will, so I would appreciate it if you could drop the false notions which I respectfully categorize as insignificant excuses.

It is always a common theme in the EpicDuel community, and also life in general that people resort to petty excuses when they are faced with facts and logical debates; it will in the end serve no purpose towards improving discussions or this game. You both may laugh off my post as gibberish once again (as if I was the one speaking nonsense earlier; oh the irony!); I expect you to respect my comments as I do yours. Also, to whom it may concern; I am indeed "chilled" and in a calm mood and this is merely how I tend to write my posts so please do not take this out of context. Thou shall humble thyself. Do duly make note of this as it has a great meaning behind it; better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
With all that being said I will speak of your suggestion as it is quite apparent that people misinterpreted my previous post. The idea itself is not entirely bad but considering the actuality of EpicDuel's current state it fails to meet certain expectations. I find it quite bamboozling that you mention it will supposedly benefit 99% of the community whereas you mention the feature only being available to those above level 35; resulting in the playerbase being divided due to this laughable restriction. The points made in my initial post still stand; quote:
quote:

Optimise:

Note on the create part, meaning you are required to pay varium to host a tournament, but not to enter. The OP doesn't explicitly mention anything about paying varium to participate in a tournament. Even so if it were to be the way you describe, then why should free players become alienated from participating in tournaments? I agree mostly with what's been pointed out by users above, but even if an automated contestant seeking system were to be implemented in favor of this system to tackle exploitation and cheating it really won't do much due to the lack of active players; allowing you to find the contestants you personally want despite the supposed randomized system in place. I think this game at it's current state, does not require a feature that would gradually segregate (free/var players) the community and playerbase even more because we are struggling in terms of actual player count in this game; this feature suggested will act more so like a deterrent to this already waning playerbase.

The player count is very low meaning it will not be a good complement with this suggestion as it will create separate pools for matchmaking; each for per hosted tournament simultaneously occurring, each for normal battles as it is now. This means it will divide the already declining playerbase by placing each in their respective matchmaking pool resulting in longer waiting time for normal battle modes leading to more including but not limited to matchmaking issues. The more higher tiers tournaments will not be able even start simply because we do not have enough players even if it requires 50%.

We have had a tournament-like event before; the Golden Yeti Tournament although it was rather good to some there were also complaints. But what you are suggesting here is not at all similar to that of the Golden Yeti Tournament because this is essentially asking to grant the ability to host tournaments to players. Feasibility also needs to be taken into account as to whether it is realistically possible to implement something of this caliber being it a entirely new system requiring major rework whilst keeping it closely monitored for moderation purposes as well. It could be argued that the time (alot) needed for this to become reality could potentially be spent on something more worthwhile.

When one speaks of exploitation it necessarily doesn't always point towards botters or alters; there are other forms as well. One of those forums being friends who would be generous enough to let others win as they have got nothing to lose other than a loss being recorded to the invisible battle record, and in tournaments one win makes a difference. The way moderators operate in terms of verifying if someone is botting isn't too reliable, bots and macros can be programmed to carry out many tasks including but not limited to answering private chat requests and subsequently type something in or resolving captcha codes.

That being said I can potentially see this being implemented in a newer version of EpicDuel where the system itself is less exploitable and this suggestion more refined because frankly speaking this game will not last very long without an adequate successor (ED 2.0) or some sort of grand revamp (which I still doubt will do much to resurrect this game), but we shall all have hope and faith in the developers and wish that things do go well. Just my two cents on this great but yet not so significant suggestion.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 7/6/2016 18:53:56 >
Post #: 16
7/6/2016 19:04:05   
nowras

Okay, that was one long post/reply @Optimise and I had to read it all.

I do agree with you in every single point you said but, tournaments shall be implemented because they would keep the players busy with a cool feature until they finish from BioBeasts and start their next phase/ED 2.0 program.

Everything in this tournament will be set by the developers including the prizes, the length, the capacity and so on.
This feature is actually, not easy to be exploited. You got to play Clash Royale and try it and check this feature and how it works (they have way less restrictions than the ones I stated and it's not being exploited.) because Clash Royale is a live experience of this tournaments' feature. Not to mention that Clash Royale and ED have too much in common.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/7/2016 1:08:31   
Lord Machaar

quote:

In fact, NPC botting can be recognized easily. Anyone with NPC wins more than 15,000 is without a doubt, a botter but, unfortunately, this is not a proof. It's a fact but, not a proof. The ED team should just let their mods focus on these players with huge amount of NPC wins and keep PMing them. Or maybe, adding a feature that asks them easy math questions such as 10 + 15 and then they should answer it correctly and if they don't after 3 tries they get D/C'd. This feature is only for people with huge NPC wins. (15,000+).

I'd be more interested in checking wins versus NPCs that only give drops, without Credits/EXP rewards. These type of players are more interesting to monitor, as logically, I've seen some players with up to 100k NPC wins versus Davarril. Like logically, a little bit of logic, 100.000 NPC wins, without counting wins versus NPCs that give NPC rewards. To me, that's a proof, especially if we compare things like when said account was created,when it reached level 40, started doing wins versus said NPC, and how much wins were done in a single week. I assure you that if the moderation team was dedicated enough (I won't blame them though since the company itself is desperate for players, cheaters are more than welcomed) half of high rank players should be banned by now. Do you know how much of a favor that could serve the community? That also should be associated with making NPC wins do not give EXP after rank 30 - 20. It's a simple procedure where each day, a moderator studies an account, with mutliple criteria, and you will be seeing progress within weeks.

The PM method is being used by moderators now, to detect PVP botters. It's not effective since mods check reports 6 months after the report, where the owner of that botting acc moved on to another alt, to create an endless chain of useless reports.

Eitherways, the only thing within the hand of devs is, in-case they present any feature in the future, it must be botting proof, since moderators are incapable of dealing with any botting/alting situation.

It was sad to see them remove captchas, without replacing them. This is an example of how devs, and the company in general have started to be more accepting when it comes to botting.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/7/2016 1:12:29 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 18
7/7/2016 7:56:43   
leahnrachel
Banned

I have 405 big tuna kills at 39 mostly done on power hour , IDC ....... its either that or quit the game....Done over 1000 npcs since level 36 and about 40 pvp battles in 3 of the last 4 levels of the game says all that needs to be said rlly.

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 7/7/2016 7:58:54 >
Post #: 19
7/7/2016 8:32:00   
nowras

@leahnrachel There's no problem NPCing in general especially when you're a low ranked player or a low level. The problem is botting these NPCs every single day to get unlimited credits and to reach high ranks without even doing any effort.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/7/2016 8:52:30   
leahnrachel
Banned

Obviously . Tell me how often you see the same 36-39 multiple games in 1v1 or 2v2?

Me almost never on my 40s, I wonder why that is , Since their not getting put in balanced fights with my lower levels? Hm

Side note : You just acknowledged the fact ranks are broken by stating its highly advisable to npc at low levels/ranks :)

Of course I expect you to try talk your way out of that slip up :)

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 7/7/2016 11:29:16 >
Post #: 21
7/7/2016 13:52:51   
nowras

Yea actually, ranks are broken and I wish they get removed so, I start farming everyone without worrying about them getting this unfair underdog mode.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/7/2016 15:45:55   
leahnrachel
Banned

^ gl with that theory , your not the only good player on the server and you would have to adjust to using skill to win again . Not a massive advantage before skill even factors in.

a rank is a stat point in some cases with diminishing returns a rank is 2-3 stat points , every 4 ranks is a levels worth of stat points and you can face someone lower level and multiple ranks beneath you, you do the math........i'll give you this bare minimum not including npc ranks are worth 60 stat points , even more in cases of diminishing returns , at best under dog gives you 20 stat points , give me a break lol.....

And BEFORE you say it yes ranks don't give you the stats so the underdog with max underdog has a 0.1% chance more then he would of had to block you deflect you . crit start first etc...... but you still have ATLEAST 40 more stats worth of ranks then him.... probably 50-60 even 70......its just trash saying underdog is op.......lmfao

However I wholeheartedly agree ranks AND underdog need removing

And underdog only helps you in 1v1 all it does is lessen the gap, the underdog is still going to lose badly against a opponent that knows how to play , because the higher ranked player has all the advnatages mathematically a HUGE advantage that is almost impossible to come back from . Its seal clubbing mode , not legendary mode.....its lunacy it was ever put in , and its even more broke in 2v2 .

A high ranked player vs a low ranked player the higher ranked player is taking 30 less damage every turn and dealing 30-40 more damage , turn one the higher ranked player takes 30 less damage and deals 40 more damage , There is now a 70hp difference in the battle ,, turn 2 the higher ranked player does 30 more damage and takes 30 less the difference is now 130hp, the longer the battle drags out the more the advantage stacks for the higher ranked player , making the underdog player have to go for a quick kill build to stand any chance what so ever, Making underdog worthless as it will only really benefit the underdog on one stat , Its just garbage, complete trash.

< Message edited by leahnrachel -- 7/7/2016 16:54:57 >
Post #: 23
7/7/2016 19:54:28   
nowras

Why don't you think out of the box Mr. Leahnrachel?

Who did say that underdog mode is OP for rank 1 players Mr. Genius? I stated that underdog mode starts to become OP once you reach rank 24. That's actually, the majority of this small player base. Once again, underdog mode reaches it's maximum unfairness once you reach rank 49 for a focus build and the maximum unfairness once you reach rank 29 for a stat abusing build such as dex, support, strength and so on. Let's take the rank 49 for example:
The rank 49 players starts first due to underdog mode. The rank 49 gets more defense, more resistance, more gun, more auxiliary, more robot damage, more luck chance, more skill damage and just 11 less primary damage while the rank 80 would get just +20 healing points and minus 10 to the energy of his/her cores. In what logic Mr. Genius can the rank 80 win if they both have the same build and the same intelligence level?

Now let's take the rank 29 as an example:
A rank 29 support build user fights a rank 80 support build user (Same build and intelligence level). The rank 29 starts first due to underdog mode and gets WAY more defense and resistance and auxiliary damage with also, more skill damage and luck. The rank 80 gets +20 healing points that wouldn't make a single difference for him/her because he/she's using low defenses, anyway. -10 energy to the cores and more gun damage (like just 12 more damage due to defense/resistance differences) which's probably going to be used one time in the match and like 7 more primary damage which will become less primary damage by like 6 since the opponent has higher defense/resistance. +40 to robot damage that will never be used and that's it.
How will the battle go?
The 29 starts first and deals like 15 more auxiliary damage. The 80 does like 15 less auxiliary damage. Now the difference between their healthes is 30. The 29 uses multi and deals like 15 more damage. The 80 uses multi and deals 15 less damage. The difference is now 60. The 29 heals and then the 80 heals. The difference is now 40.
The 29 uses frenzy in rage and does like 7 more damage while the 80 deals like 5 less damage. Now the difference is 52 HP. The 29 uses his gun dealing 25 less damage. The 80 uses his gun dealing 25 more damage. The difference is now 2 HP. The 29 uses his auxiliary again dealing 15 more damage. The 80 deals 15 less damage. The difference is now 32. The 29 uses multi and deals 15 more damage killing the 80. The 80, imaginary, uses his multi dealing 15 less damage killing the 29. In the end, the 29 will have 62 more health and the first kill which will make him win so, the real difference in their healthes is the last move damage + 62. That's like 562 HP difference. Hope you understand how unfair the underdog mode is.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/7/2016 20:03:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/7/2016 20:05:57   
leahnrachel
Banned

I see, I hope you were complaining before underdog , was implemented , because the situation would of been reversed and the higher ranked player would of been getting free wins , tarnishing his records meaningfulness? Wait you weren't ?

The solution is simple though remove ranks and underdog , underdog cannot be removed without ranks being removed, underdog cnt be nerfed with ranks in place

the only solution is removing both.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tournaments
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition