Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Wondering what happens in those (updates)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Wondering what happens in those (updates)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2016 17:18:17   
santonik

7 month and 0 REAL update/s. Is game makers abandon in this game. I just wondering.
Epic  Post #: 1
7/7/2016 0:46:47   
  Exploding Penguin

Short answer: They're kind of putting a break on ED for now and working on Bio Beasts. Will resume work on ED when they are done with BB.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/10/2016 15:28:40   
Noobatron x3000

I doubt their coming back to ED tbh , much like oversoul and other AE games..... Less chance of them coming back since the player base isn't growing due to balance , Why would anyone stay on a game with no content and terrible balance (ranks) lol.

Equally why would a developer come back to a game that was showing negative growth months before they abandoned it , And is still showing negative growth months later.
Post #: 3
8/3/2016 10:52:48   
ValkyrieXIV

Ranks ruined any fun this game once had. As soon as you're withing level 40 range, that's all you'll ever fight. This is especially true at level 37 and far more so 38 and 39. 9/10 of my matches now are against 40s with many of them being 40++. This is enough to make anyone quit and I'm sure its the main reason.
Post #: 4
8/3/2016 13:35:51   
  Charfade

Just to elaborate a little more to what Exploding Penquin said.

Dev time right now is mostly on BioBeasts with 10% time dedicated towards ED. This is until we get a few of the remaining core features completed in BioBeast. We hope a client side EpicDuel is still possible, but we have yet to have company wide support on this. Until we do, will be focused on BioBeasts.

I also wanted bring into discussion some other reasons why you are seeing less numbers on the servers.

1, browsers are abandoning flash all together. Each security patch they push means the chances of any new players discovering EpicDuel will decrease.
2, most kids growing up these days use mobile devices such as tablets, kindles, e-readers, phones etc. These devices do not run Flash nativity These would be new players that would have potentially discovered EpicDuel.
3, ad spend on google, facebook, and other sites have increased year over year, so just advertising our games has become limited in terms of exposure.

Now I'm not saying that EpicDuel is perfect and that there is nothing wrong with balance issues. There is always things we can do to improve the game and make player experience better. What I am saying is there are other reasons that get missed and shouldn't be ignored either.

I hope this answers your question Santonik.

MQ Epic  Post #: 5
8/3/2016 13:36:45   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I'm gonna lock this up after Charfade's comment.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Wondering what happens in those (updates)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition