Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Epicduel Win% Referendum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Epicduel Win% Referendum
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2016 19:49:56   
Satafou

Hello epicduel forum users, as the title states i am suggesting for there to be an in-game referendum for win ratios to return. This includes all time leader boards, daily leader boards, daily factions and for other players to see each others win ratio's. However these four options could be split into separate parts i.e. people could be for all time leader board win%s and daily win%s but against daily factions and seeing each others personal win ratio's.

The primary reason as to why i am pushing for this to be implemented is that i personally believe that win ratio's played a major role in epicduel, i felt they gave a sense of achievement and purpose as well as intel for whether your partner in a 2vs2 needed your advice throughout the battle or they were fine on their own.

This could also be turned into an actual in-game event, something the epicduel community hasn't had since the gifting event. There could be an achievement for voting, quests could be made (giving more achievements or whatever), you could even have NPC's take a side of the debate giving the pros and cons for each side of the debate. I strongly encourage for this to be considered as i can easily envision this being a fun event for the epicduel community despite what side wins the debate.

Thank you for reading.
Post #: 1
7/8/2016 13:31:38   
8x

One person can have as many votes as they have alts, there's your problem.

Personally, I'd like to see win ratios return. I'm proud of my win ratio and I want it to be seen.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/8/2016 14:52:13   
nowras

I want win ratios to be visible again even though my all-time win % is horrible (78%) but, my daily % is awesome (95%+) that's because I was hacked in the past and stuff but, showing the %s will at least reduce PvP botting a little bet or will just show who bots to the public.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/8/2016 14:52:38   
Satafou

Yes i see, that would be big a quite issue with this. Although what if there was an requirement of some kind? Any of the following i can see being viable requirements: level req, X mission has to be completed, or if the devs were to put a lot of work into it, they could possibly register what accs are authorised to vote, marking off the alts. Additional options that may or may not work: a small credit fee, small influence fee, a win req (we'll say 1k, that would be enough to outdo a good proportion low level alts).
Post #: 4
7/8/2016 15:13:07   
leahnrachel
Banned

Sure , I can go along with this , I don't think a "NO HEAL" , "NOOB WHY DID YOU HEAL ME YOU SHOULD OF MULTIED so the enemy team could kill me and heal each other and proceed to 2v1 you" with 1k wins and 2km losses is going to listen to you in 2v2 anyway .
Post #: 5
7/8/2016 21:12:10   
  Exploding Penguin

If you want it to have like a visibility toggle option I can check in with NW about it.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/8/2016 21:34:16   
Lord Machaar

Would be fun. Although my win% went down after I came back to the game and had to do PVP from level 35 to rank 10 - 20 where the PVP is so imbalanced. My win ratio is still pretty clean for a legit player who didn't choose botting NPCs over doing PVP. Which brings me to my next point, which is players doing NPCs until a safe rank for PVP in order to not maintain a good winning ratio.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/8/2016 21:38:14 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
7/9/2016 7:33:11   
leahnrachel
Banned

The fact that people have to npc to avoid trashing their records, because regardless of skill its impossible to get a decent win % at those levels is the problem.

The more I think about it , I can see the botters point of view, Don't hate the player hate the game..... Why should they be forced to either get ROFLMFAOstomped in pvp, or bore themselves to death npcing , I can see the appeal of botting, Even though personally I think its cheap.

But I blame the development more then the players
Post #: 8
7/9/2016 10:48:57   
Lord Machaar

^ They sort of got an open invitation to bot, labeling it legal, when captchas were removed without another procedure to stop botting.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
7/9/2016 11:47:11   
leahnrachel
Banned

God I'm 275 xp from 40 , I want to hit 40 so bad , But I'm literally terrified of clicking that 2v2 button or 1v1 button. The horrors I will find , Its literally a scary thought , Is this the game they wanted I wonder...
Post #: 10
7/9/2016 12:07:08   
Satafou

Guys i realise ranks are an issue with this game however this suggestion isn't related to ranks as such, so i'd like to request if we can keep it on the topic of this suggestion and to discuss whether it is viable or not.

@EP Would this toggle option also enable win%s to show up on leader boards?
Post #: 11
7/9/2016 12:42:22   
leahnrachel
Banned

I also think a lot of people who have played quick kill builds since losses went bue bye, would insta quit when their 25% win rate was visible.
Post #: 12
7/9/2016 13:25:21   
nowras

I used to play quick kill builds as a rank 1 against rank 40-60+ players when there was no underdog mode and my % was 80%+. So, actually, if you have high enough IQ level you wouldn't really lose like that but, if you have a low IQ level then it's your own problem.

@EP It shall show %s on the leaderboards or else what's the point of having it? No point at all, just keep it invisible; that's why it shall show the %s on the LBs.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/9/2016 13:28:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/9/2016 13:41:14   
leahnrachel
Banned

^ so you could beat a terrible player that didn't know how to beat with the exact same stats upgrades and skill points available to him AS WELL AS a tonne of ranks.

That doesn't mean ranks are not broken, it means your opponents bad.
Post #: 14
7/9/2016 13:45:59   
Satafou

People who have low IQ's often change the topic as well...
Post #: 15
7/9/2016 16:55:59   
xNodi

"I used to play quick kill builds as a rank 1 against rank 40-60+ players when there was no underdog mode" nowras how?!? U were one of 1st players to reach legendary mode and also u were always one of higher ranks where u can pwn every kind of build with str ;) So actually that was best for u and u fixed ur ratio in omega, while I took a break from ED and when I back everyone was dam high rank and no underdog (RIP) i was lvl 36 so i had to survive until rank 20 those str build, 75% ratio on that i guess not bad ^^
Epic  Post #: 16
7/9/2016 17:00:02   
shadow.bane

true as what nodi said ! you matt 1000 and plisk were the first 3 to reach level 40 and u bragged to be 1st to reach it without any boosters too I remember it clearly... but yeah % should be shown again :D cause it will show who's good and who's not so people wont brag about themselves for a 70 % minus ratio.

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/9/2016 17:00:22   
leahnrachel
Banned

What they need to do is start looking at the average win % of someone l36 - 39 going up against l40 rank 20+es , And then checking why some people are pulling off 75%+ win ratios at this level and banning where appropriate.
Post #: 18
7/11/2016 7:18:36   
Gold Shock

I strongly believe we should be able to decide whether our losses show or not. This is a PvP game, hiding losses so some players are happy is a horrible idea. Most of the players I know are very ticked off that their full records aren't shown anymore. I know players with 10,000+ 2v2 wins that have over 70% records and now players with more 2v2 wins than them appear better because percentages don't show anymore. Now it's all about quantity instead of quality which is sickening. In short, I fully believe we as players should decide whether our full record shows or not. Now all I see are players who have never bragged before when losses were shown(they had bad %s) bragging that they're so good because of how much wins they have, knowing very well no one can see their losses.

Removing win percentages from the all-time leaderboards was definitely one of the worst things they could've done. Now it appears that players with more wins than you appear better than you when most of the time that isn't the case. I feel so bad for players who are on all-time 2v2 with 70%+ ratios, all of those years of hard work and getting better at the game only for their win percentage to be stripped. It's so sad, and I really don't know what to say.

That is what I think of the changes. Hopefully someday we'll have the option to show our full records, like many of you have implied in your posts.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/11/2016 8:24:31   
Noobatron x3000

I'm conflicted . My win % is high , But what does it really mean ? Where free wins have been common place since beta , and still are now?

It just isn't a sign of skill to anyone who understands the game and balance

So why open up a source of taunting for the ill informed?
Post #: 20
7/11/2016 8:35:32   
nowras

quote:

"I used to play quick kill builds as a rank 1 against rank 40-60+ players when there was no underdog mode" nowras how?!? U were one of 1st players to reach legendary mode and also u were always one of higher ranks where u can pwn every kind of build with str ;) So actually that was best for u and u fixed ur ratio in omega, while I took a break from ED and when I back everyone was dam high rank and no underdog (RIP) i was lvl 36 so i had to survive until rank 20 those str build, 75% ratio on that i guess not bad ^^

quote:

true as what nodi said ! you matt 1000 and plisk were the first 3 to reach level 40 and u bragged to be 1st to reach it without any boosters too I remember it clearly... but yeah % should be shown again :D cause it will show who's good and who's not so people wont brag about themselves for a 70 % minus ratio.

I was actually, the 7th to reach level 40 in ED and the 1st to do it without experience boosters.
After I reached 40, I played as a TM till I reached like rank 4-6? then I quit the game for good and then after I returned, a lot of people were rank 40-60+ such as Variation, ConQrR, ..Cosmic Emperor.., Ionut, comicalbiker, Matt 1000, P L I S K, Kratos Style and way more other players.

And yea Nodi, I did fix my % in Omega. I also, did that in the last week of Delta. I remember that I used to get one of the highest %s on the leaderboard during passives. Like, every time I checked the LB no matter what class I used, I was either the one with best % or like the 3rd and mostly the 5th.
After ranks came, I maintained that until a lot of players became 40-60. I remember when there was no way I could win Matt 1000 or P L I S K when I was a rank 6 (they were rank 40-47) while in the past I used to win them if I start first and if they don't get lucky (we had the same support). Then after I reached rank 60, I also, had one of the best %s. Every time someone checked the LB for me (someone used to hack the game and tell us our %s if we were on the LB. Can't say who, though) he proved that I was right. When underdog mode came and I reached rank 80, my % went down again. I realized that so, I was the first one to discover the flaws in the underdog mode system but, unfortunately, people like bane and others were saying that I was wrong but, not until they reached rank 80 and discovered that I was right themselves.
In the same time other people like Machaar knew that I was right but, they were saying that a revamp to the underdog mode would be a waste of time because the number of rank 49 players or any other ranks that are near it is low and that it's just 1% of the player base. They didn't see the bigger picture, though. They didn't see that this 1% would turn to 70% like right now. More people are reaching rank 49 everyday. Everyday a rank 49 becomes a 50, another one becomes a 49. It's an endless cycle and we need to stop it now. If we don't do it now then a lot of players would quit once they hit 80. Machaar is saying that we need to eradicate the botters and stuff but, trust me, the developers might not really find a way to eradicate it. We have to do a Band-Aid fix first then eradicate the botters before this problem becomes worse.

On topic:
Showing %s would let these rank 49 players discover themselves that rank 80 is worse and might make more people accept any change to Underdog mode in the future.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/11/2016 19:59:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/11/2016 8:38:04   
Noobatron x3000

Good luck with your change to underdog without ranks being completely overhauled , I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you

You wont be keeping your precious ranks the way they are if underdog changes , That's for sure.
Post #: 22
7/11/2016 8:42:58   
Satafou

I'm not entirely sure whether this thread has been read by the devs or not yet, however i'd like to ask if this suggestion isn't feasible, would players showing their personal win%s (due to a toggle option) be a welcomed change and if so, would their win%s show on leader boards if they were to show their win ratio's.
Post #: 23
7/11/2016 8:43:19   
nowras

@Noobatron

Do you want a buff to underdog mode or do you want it to stay the same?

Don't tell me that they must remove ranks or stuff, just answer this question.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/11/2016 18:03:41   
Lord Machaar

http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Expunge

EpicDuel, Player - Vs - Player Online Battles.

The removal of Win% did affect the game in a pretty bad way, it did keep the game competitive. But as you can see, devs removed it after they introduced NPC wins and legendary system. They sort of turned ED into AQW. I once heard devs getting tips from AQW devs, one of them is implementing more missions, which is a great tip in order to bring more depth into the game. Devs also sadly imported failures from AQW including "botting". Seperating NPC wins from 1vs1 record was indeed a good thing, but they gave too much perks for doing NPCs, to the point where they made PVP useless. I'm all for bringing back the win%, but I'm quite afraid many rats will go hide and abuse NPCs, not that we don't have plenty of them now, but that number will increase in the end.

quote:

In the same time other people like Machaar knew that I was right but, they were saying that a revamp to the underdog mode would be a waste of time because the number of rank 49 players or any other ranks that are near it is low and that it's just 1% of the player base. They didn't see the bigger picture, though. They didn't see that this 1% would turn to 70% like right now. More people are reaching rank 49 everyday. Everyday a rank 49 becomes a 50, another one becomes a 49. It's an endless cycle and we need to stop it now

My question is still viable. How many rank 49s are there, how many of them use good builds, how many of them are smart enough to use their build correctly, and how many of them isn't a botter. If there are hundreds of . You still didn't give me a list
I'm not sure who is seeing the small picture here. If for you rank 49 is unfair, and you really want devs to fix them, then why not fix the whole legendary system, since lower rank players and level 36 - 39s are in a way worser situation. If there is a bigger picture here, it will definitely be revamping ranks or removing them, this case, no one would be leaving the game due to "unfairness".
quote:

Machaar is saying that we need to eradicate the botters and stuff but, trust me, the developers might don't really, find a way to eradicate it. We have to do a Band-Aid fix first then eradicate the botters before this problem becomes worse.

If they are going to reward NPC botters, then we might also start selling "Botting tools" in shops for players, 1k var to purchase a bot, does X amount of NPC wins during X amount of time.
Rank 80s won't start leaving due to this small disadvantage, any legit rank 80 player who earned his wins legitimately knows how to sort himself out. Any player who played from level 36 to rank 20, knows how much unfair the game is. I'm not sure what is the meaning of a bigger picture for you, but for me, it is pretty big, from legendary system to classes to battles modes (2vs2 and jugg).

P.S: I would also like to advise you not to argue with players who botted NPCs until a certain OP rank, started doing PVP and now are being "Record and winning ratio" experts. If you record is legit, then that alone can shut people up.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/11/2016 19:47:08 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Epicduel Win% Referendum
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition