Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2016 20:00:54   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

I don't think everyone understands what *IT* actually is or what it's purpose is.

*IT* is not the cloaked figure that can use the shadows to fulfill its master's wishes. *IT* is not the greatest Doom Knight to ever live and un-live. *IT* played a part in the creation of the multiverse. *IT* is both the creator and the destroyer. *IT* most likely created The Queen of Monsters along with Chaos. *IT* is the one who has been watching the entire play from a balcony that is basically invisible to the entire theater.

The coming enemy isn't The Mysterious Stranger or Sepulchure and is FAR greater than The Queen of Monsters. It was the true main antagonist of every major AE game created and could possibly be the true main antagonist of AQ3D. *IT* is The Primordial.

Sepulchure was nothing more than a puppet to The Mysterious Stranger. However, The Mysterious Stranger isn't the one calling the shots. He acts as The Primordial's general. The Shadowscythe is one of his armies, along with his other elemental servants.

The Mysterious Stranger and The Primordial are far from boring. I have done my fair share of reading of various types of literature and the most interesting villains are always those who are developed over a very long period of time and lurk in the shadows until they can make an appropriate first appearance. Valoth, The'Galin, Sepulchure, Drakath and The Queen of Monsters are unquestionably exceptional villains, but they are nothing compared to what's coming. The Mysterious Stranger and The Primordial aren't just villains, they're gods. Actually, they are more than gods.

Calling a being a "god" usually implies that they are the greatest, mightiest and most intelligent beings in existence. This is incorrect. A god is nothing more than something that is worshiped. I can call a potato chip a god since it has a great deal of control over me. The mighty beings that are worshiped and seen as the supreme leaders of a divine religion/group don't actually have a proper term to describe them. They are so mighty that a specific title cannot be conceived. The Primordial in the AE universe is meant to be a depiction of these kinds of beings.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
10/15/2016 21:23:57   
XeNON_54

I thought the Primordials thing has been dealt with in Vanilla AQ already?

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 10/15/2016 21:27:51 >
Post #: 52
10/15/2016 22:41:05   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

Erebus' story went into brief details about the shadow universe and his birth. That was about it.

It was confirmed that Erebus and The Mysterious Stranger were two separate beings. Furthermore, in AQ there were many references to different Mysterious Strangers but it's still unclear whether any of them were THE Mysterious Stranger.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
10/16/2016 22:45:35   
TheMother

quote:

I don't think everyone understands what *IT* actually is or what it's purpose is.

*IT* is not the cloaked figure that can use the shadows to fulfill its master's wishes. *IT* is not the greatest Doom Knight to ever live and un-live. *IT* played a part in the creation of the multiverse. *IT* is both the creator and the destroyer. *IT* most likely created The Queen of Monsters along with Chaos. *IT* is the one who has been watching the entire play from a balcony that is basically invisible to the entire theater.

The coming enemy isn't The Mysterious Stranger or Sepulchure and is FAR greater than The Queen of Monsters. It was the true main antagonist of every major AE game created and could possibly be the true main antagonist of AQ3D. *IT* is The Primordial.

Sepulchure was nothing more than a puppet to The Mysterious Stranger. However, The Mysterious Stranger isn't the one calling the shots. He acts as The Primordial's general. The Shadowscythe is one of his armies, along with his other elemental servants.

The Mysterious Stranger and The Primordial are far from boring. I have done my fair share of reading of various types of literature and the most interesting villains are always those who are developed over a very long period of time and lurk in the shadows until they can make an appropriate first appearance. Valoth, The'Galin, Sepulchure, Drakath and The Queen of Monsters are unquestionably exceptional villains, but they are nothing compared to what's coming. The Mysterious Stranger and The Primordial aren't just villains, they're gods. Actually, they are more than gods.

Calling a being a "god" usually implies that they are the greatest, mightiest and most intelligent beings in existence. This is incorrect. A god is nothing more than something that is worshiped. I can call a potato chip a god since it has a great deal of control over me. The mighty beings that are worshiped and seen as the supreme leaders of a divine religion/group don't actually have a proper term to describe them. They are so mighty that a specific title cannot be conceived. The Primordial in the AE universe is meant to be a depiction of these kinds of beings.

The Primordial Shadow = The Mother of Shadow Universe or Erebus?

And about Mysteirous Stranger

quote:

ArchMagus Orodalf: 1. "A Rose by Any Other Name" is the confirmation that there are, in fact, many different Mysterious Strangers and that the Mysterious Stranger of DragonFable is NOT Dhows and vice versa. It is also a confirmation that the timelines of DF and AQ are split. In this scene, we also discover that Dhows needs a name.

Good point, Christophisis.
Post #: 54
10/18/2016 8:38:40   
brotherinlaw

not sure if anyone pointed out, but we already have a mysterious stranger that was released during the 13 Doomlord events, so the one from the Throne of Darkness is likely not one his variations?

Anyway, has anyone considered that the Sepulchure coming is not our former lord of darkness but is instead his counterpart from the pre-aqw world where Sepulchure managed to conqure the world? The one we 'erased' by dieing as the Eternal Dragon of Time by the hands of Galanoth?

Or, for an alternate theory, maybe he'll be brought back by the surging infernal energies surrounding the queen. Either way, it's going to be pure Sepulchurion Bad@$$ery.

also:SEPULCHURE IS COMING BACK!!!!!! I'd lost hope since the shadowflame war, but the emperor is in da house!
LONG UN-LIVE THE SHADOWSCYTHE!!!!

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 10/18/2016 9:29:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
10/18/2016 11:48:38   
Dracojan

why do we need those guys when we have beaten them in such easy and stupid ways.
DF  Post #: 56
10/18/2016 11:59:25   
megakyle777

Vaden: Powerful Necrotic Warlord with death secrets. Useful for combating other necrotic secrets.
Xeven/Xeight: Time Traveling and killer blades of death that can cut anything. Good for killing.
Ziri: ... I dunno, he's crazy and a wild card? Might come up with the right plan at the right time?
Pax: Stupid Strong. I mean come on he survived the crusher. Twice.
Sekt: Can see all of time's twists and turns. Handy for dealing with time manipulation.
Scarletta: Talented Blood Mage and dark magic user. Again, useful for dealing with secrets.

...I dunno, sounds like the kind of team I'd hire to take on Seppy. You got two people who know lots of dark secrets and how to deal with them, of which Seppy knows lots, you got a powerhouse who can take blow for blow, you got two time travelers who can see what will happen next, one of which has a weapon that can take down anything, handy for killing the unkillable, and you got... whatever Ziri bring to the table.
DF  Post #: 57
10/18/2016 12:24:48   
Veya

Ziri is to handle whatever is inside the cursed box, obviously, he may not like boxes, but a Sneevil is a Sneevil, and he still has box instincts like any other Sneevil.
AQW  Post #: 58
10/18/2016 13:03:57   
XeNON_54

But we already know what's in the box.
Post #: 59
10/18/2016 13:10:16   
Veya

The box itself may be cursed now, magic tends to rub off on things if they stay close together long enough.
AQW  Post #: 60
10/18/2016 13:44:54   
XeNON_54

Are we even sure that It's Sepulchure that's coming back?
Hasn't it been implied that the new threat is actually us ourselves according to that chrono lord that we met in the castle?
Post #: 61
10/18/2016 13:56:15   
The Finnish Phoenix

IT is a pretty easy kill from here, not sure what the big deal is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
10/18/2016 14:58:43   
thulsa doom

quote:

are we even sure that It's Sepulchure that's coming back?
Hasn't it been implied that the new threat is actually us ourselves according to that chrono lord that we met in the castle?

I'd love it if Seppy actually came back -- and who knows maybe he will, but as of right now his soul/spirit is divided between his old Doomblade and whatever void pocket QoM stuffed the other half in for safe keeping.
LoL no doubt the Hero will end up being the new Sepulchure: SEDoT the Godherovillian of Lore!
AQ AQW  Post #: 63
10/19/2016 14:35:43   
LyRein

where is this story even going lmao

first we had QoM intro ok cool finally a worthy looking opponent w/ ancient beasts damn

then we got cringy Chaos Lord type boss battles and now QoM is generic villain

now we have Seppy possibly coming back (AGAIN) and Gravelyn randomly appearing at convenient times with an army that somehow can fight QoM's armies even though before they would've been 1 hit KO'd

and the Hero is back on Dragonia fighting cheesy one-liner villains in the northern part of the continent, with no memory that HE'S THE EDoT and 13TH CHAOS LORD. how does he consider these rag-tag group of mischievous planners a real threat to himself? PLUS WHY DOES HE NEVER USE HIS ABILITIES (least, the ones he's currently "unlocked") ANYMORE? we may never know, find out next time on dragon ball Z!

for real though, we know the ToD saga takes place current time, so why the heck is the Hero so power-drained
PLUS, WHY ARE WE CONSTANTLY INTRODUCED TO NEW VILLAINS AFTER KILLING THE SUPPOSED FINAL VILLAIN OF EVERY SAGA?! SERIOUSLY. WHEN DOES THIS STUFF END.

to top it all off, we get the QoM's personal army, the Infernals, who are basically Shadowscythe and Abyss monsters mixed into one, apparently these guys are the real deal, more evil and sinister, we know this because... they have more red on? seriously they just look like typical bad guy minions to me, typical monkey say monkey do soldiers of the QoM, no depth or story to them AT ALL

i'm so lost guys..
Post #: 64
10/19/2016 15:24:14   
nalguth

In the cutscene before entering the Chaos Realm, it shows Drakath getting his powers drained away as soon as he enters, so obviously the same thing happened to the hero.
AQW  Post #: 65
10/19/2016 16:12:22   
LyRein

@nalguth

i would've accepted that answer if you know

we hadn't gotten a few of our powers back in the following sagas lmao
Post #: 66
10/19/2016 20:44:30   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Ok, I'm here to clear up some things that people are still confused about.

1. IT is The Primordial

2. The Mysterious Stranger is The Primordial's servant

3. Sepulchure's will remains inside the Necrotic Blade of Doom, along with the unnamed Doom Spirit, while his power and physical essence is with The Queen of Monsters.

What's the concern with The Queen having part of Sepulchure? Simple. She can now create a monster who is basically Sepulchure reborn. A knight that powerful under The Queen's control would make her untouchable.

Here's a possible solution to Sepulchure getting a physical essence:

Sepulchure could take the Doom Spirit inside of the sword and use it as a vessel. It's like what Caitiff did in DF but in reverse.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
10/19/2016 21:28:12   
kaos rules x

Hasn't the Primordial only been mentioned once in AQWorlds? That's literally it in all the AEmultiverse. I'm under the impression that IT is like the Dhe Ehm; simply mythical and legendary in our understanding but real and unforeseen nonetheless.

If I were the Queen of Monsters and fed off of fear, I would take the spirit of one of Lore's villains and stick it in the person that gives Lore the most hope. I'd then watch as Lore crumbles into utter madness as it's greatest and pathetic hope tears it into pieces.

As many have pointed out, Seppy's helm had some similar hair color to our hero at the end of the Throne of Darkness saga. I'm not one to believe in coincidence.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
10/19/2016 22:32:10   
XeNON_54

@Christophisis
You make it seem like there is only 1 Primordial.
You do know that there are at LEAST 8 right?
Post #: 69
10/19/2016 22:58:13   
Æon
The Darklight Hero

@above

The Primordial he's referring to is singular. Well, as singular as an all-encompassing being can get. Could you even call it a being...?

It's irrelevant, though. Definitely not the driving force behind anything that's currently going on.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/19/2016 23:08:22   
Veya

Y'now Æon, most writers would love the fact people are completelly off in their guesses and only fuel the fire further by giving misdirectingly vague commentaries if asked directly, since that would allow them to get away with better twists, you seem to be surprisingly forward about all of this.
AQW  Post #: 71
10/19/2016 23:58:08   
Æon
The Darklight Hero

Hmm, I just enjoy reading things from the sidelines. :)

My peers don't always appreciate it when the community goes off on a tangent, but I think it's a good opportunity to take in people's opinions and ideas.
And I'm not too worried about achieving "better twists"—after all, I've yet to play my hand.

Besides, our plans often change based on what you guys have to say.
I mean, you even influenced the ToD finale a bit regarding the Mysterious Figure's identity (if any of you didn't catch it, Ziri makes a reference to you guys, the Forumers), and that's saying something!

But what's not to say I haven't deceived you guys already?
You should be especially wary whenever I ask a question—because my questions don't always have to do with the topic at hand...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
10/20/2016 0:13:12   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

In all honesty, I was only half surprised by the ToD conclusion, but only because the 13th Chaos Lord uses the exact same twist.
Given the way that every ToD arc ended in the villain revealing how they lose what they had at the start, it wouldn't be fulfilling if the final character wasn't the
spoiler:

hero

From a storytelling perspective, AQW (and most other games, really) aren't strong in that department. While I'm trying to remain optimistic about it, something about the AQW format is just a lot weaker than DF.
DF AQW  Post #: 73
10/20/2016 0:18:26   
Phastore

@Æon Hey Aeon, it's so nice to hear from you again in the forums, I just wanna ask if the Dage vs. Laken Saga be ever getting its proper finale too? Was its saga been abandoned already? I hope not!
Btw, was it you who wrote the "new and improved" Queen of Monsters Saga?
AQW  Post #: 74
10/20/2016 0:37:40   
Veya

quote:

Besides, our plans often change based on what you guys have to say.

You know, this only serves to make me indulge into random rants further, I am pretty sure I give at least 2 rants per week already around these parts.

quote:

something about the AQW format is just a lot weaker than DF

I feel it is the fact that individual quests aren't as important in AQW as they are in DF, we get whole maps per release, while DF gets one quest, and the single quest DF gets allows it to be more involved and have better attention to detail, meanwhile, while AQW has cutscenes, they feel more like cinematics than an actual part of the game, so they work really well for the more epic moments, but not otherwise.

< Message edited by Veya -- 10/20/2016 0:43:49 >
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition