Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/25/2016 23:12:05   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@LyRein

quote:

i'm trying hard not to picture this in my head

For real though, I kind of wish Gravefang just flies in one day and claims the Blood Throne (my name for the vampire throne) while the other two are busy fighting

I wonder what happened to his Horde though, a personal army following a Werepyre Lich King on his travels around Lore seems like an epic release concept to me actually.

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. The vampires and werewolves have been at war with one another for centuries and Constantin and Lady Solani are able to be in the same room without brutally attacking one another. What's really remarkable is that they are willing to defend/stand up for one another in dire situations. I can't think of a better pair of star-crossed lovers to set aside their differences and respond to Big Daddy's call. OMG, THAT WOULD BE THE BEST HERO'S HEART DAY EVENT EVER!!!!

In terms of Gravefang, I too hope her returns. However, he isn't fir to be the leader of Darkovia.

@Veya

Well, Lord Frydae and Lady Safiria came from a long line of vampires and since no other clarification was provided I would assume that they were natural born. Lady Solani even stated that Lady Safiria was her "late aunt". So, can vampires give birth? As it stands, yes.

The real question is if vampires and werewolves would be capable of interbreeding. The ability for two organisms to successfully reproduce depends on how close their species is located on the Phylogenetic Tree of Life. Since vampires and werewolves are both human, to a degree, it's almost more than likely that a werepyre can be bred. Where things get complicated is the bat a wolf part of both creatures. The two animals aren't necessarily that close when it comes to phylogeny.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
10/25/2016 23:32:25   
Veya

Well, Frydae is a DF-only character, so his existence is meaningless as far as AQW cares since canon doesn't carry over between games, plus, I am fairly certain his dialog during Blood and Roses storyline over at DF implies he was the only member of his family to become a vampire, since Thursday is his descendent and she is perfectly human, plus he outright states that he was born human during the Blood Feud quest.

Safiria was, well, mad old, like super ultra old, she was one of the first vampire to ever come to existence, so we don't know the specifics of how she became a vampire, and if we assume she was human once, it could easily be a that Solani was born human as well and became a vampire at a later date, hell, from all we know, Solani could be Safiria's great great great great great-niece or something, and they just cut off the "great" for sake of simplicity, my point is, we don't know enough, and Safiria was too old to work it out with broad speculation.

But assuming that Vampires can get pregnant, and assuming that a fetus in an undead body for at least 9 months would be healthy(I assume that there could be some sort of magic that you could use to speed up the pregnancy if there is a risk to the baby due to undeadness), there is no major issue, even how the newborn's transformed form would look like is a non-issue, since we already know how Werepyres look like.
AQW  Post #: 102
10/26/2016 0:12:58   
LouisCyphere

I have to add another lore from DF so take it with a grain of salt or which ever idiom is appropriate.
Regarding Safiria, she's definitely one of the oldest vampire since she said during the Castle Crashers quest.

quote:

Safiria: The land of Darkovia wasn't always in permanent shadow. Long ago, when elementals more freely roamed, I...

Safiria: I managed to stumble upon a light elemental, Amaris, who fascinated by the darkness and the creatures that roamed within it.
Safiria: Amaris and I, despite walking through very different worlds, became good friends.
Safiria: It was through her that the safety of myself and my kingdom were ensured.
Safiria: So I would never have to hide from the light of the Sun in my own land she hung a spectral Moon in the sky, one that would never set.

She's a vampire before Darkovia was "Dark" or covered in eternal darkness or moonlight. Such a shame we might never see Safiria's story in AQW.

From the Blood and Roses quest in DF,
Safiria said to Frydae after giving him punishment.
quote:

Your black heart is now mine and, as long as I hold it, you will live on, a wandering wretch, as Darkovia rises again, with no place for the likes of you!

We can assume that vampires still have functioning organs. Ghouls might just be vampires that have their hearts remove similar to the case of Frydae.
So yeah, it might be possible for female vampires to be pregnant and male vampires can impregnate as well. As for the nutrients, so far, had there been instances where AE's vampires had been shown eating ordinary food or not blood?

If we're going to stretch it into AQ, Nightbane (Balius?), the original dracopyre, had a human wife or wives, and had human children (Donovan and Cenera are half-siblings who later became dracopyres by undergoing a ritual). However, I don't remember if Nightbane was human when he did the act. But if he was already a dracopyre at that time of the act, then we have to consider the alleles (genetic traits) in the Punnet square. So it might be possible that a child between a vampire and a werewolf can still be a human. Even in genetics we're haunted by RNG! Of course we're talking about fictional traits here and the "human" gene here can either be a dominant or recessive trait.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/26/2016 0:29:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
10/26/2016 0:34:16   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

The facts are there. A natural born werepyre is a possibility. In this case I definitely ship Constantin and Lady Solani. Until the day comes I will wait patiently.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 104
10/26/2016 0:45:00   
EmbraceTheDarkness

Don't forget these two http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/edvard-and-esmee

So Vampires must be able to reproduce I'd assume.
AQW  Post #: 105
10/26/2016 0:57:43   
Veya

Well, Esmee is deliberately stated as a half-breed, plus, my bigger issue is if Vampires can get pregnant, which is more complicated.

I really want to go on with this discussion and what my issue is... but given the subject at hand(that is, reproduction), I really can't go into the specifics without breaking the forum rules due to the terms I would need to use, so unless I were to get an A-OK from the mods, I will stop here.
AQW  Post #: 106
10/26/2016 5:35:49   
LouisCyphere

We wouldn't be breaking rules if we discussed it using medical terms. I think. postwhenthemodsareasleep
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
10/26/2016 8:40:41   
flyingmongoose

They never sleep, havent you heard?
Half are robots and half *shudders* are not bots
AQW  Post #: 108
10/26/2016 9:11:20   
teravor

There was already a romance between a vampire and a werepyre, Jinella and Raskar, from a new years event.

So we know that romances between two darkovian species DO happen. (Though come to think of it, Jinella was stated to be Safiria's handmaiden so... Oops.)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
10/26/2016 12:29:38   
ShadowMoon

inter-species mingling is ok so long as sentience is involved in all associated.
besides, vampires are more ok then female Salandits (pokemon sun & moon, same rating as aqw & a lot weirder)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
10/26/2016 19:02:34   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@EmbraceTheDarkness

I was thinking about Esmee as well. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't she somehow related to Safiria? Either way, the first born werepyre would be a more appropriate ruler over the kingdom of Darkovia.

@Veya

As long as it isn't inappropriate I don't see why you can't say it. Just use the correct scientific terms to say whatever it is that you want to say. After all, reproduction is one of the most significant parts of nature and is a huge topic of discussion in the field of genetics.

@LouisCyphere

Lol, that's funny. The mods never sleep.

@teravor

I just remembered that last night. The story didn't have that much significance since they were just two randoms, but it created a solid foundation if this royal Darkovian relationship were to be carried out.

@ShadowMoon

Salandit is borderline cray cray. I can't say I'm surprised, though. It is the first fire and poison type Pokemon to date. It makes sense why it's so devilishly odd.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 111
10/26/2016 21:24:42   
LouisCyphere

I think this thread is much more appropriate to discuss the Gravelyn regarding the upcoming chapters in the Infernal Invasion saga.
In another thread, I said that the game implied heavily that Gravelyn is the illegitimate child between Sepulchure (Valen) and Lynaria. Also, in there, I only based my assumption on my memory.
So now, I went back to the game and wikidot pages to search for concrete evidence.

The first piece of evidence would be located in Necropolis Dungeon The map is already old so I'm not sure if this was already brought up when the map was released years ago.
And the book titled "Legend of Sepulchure" tells the story of Sepulchure as Valen and his transformation to Sepulchure.
Pages worth noting are page 4, 9, 12 and 13.
Page 4 noted that Lynaria was kidnapped before her marriage into the Swordhaven Royalty as Queen.
Page 9 has Lynaria returned but there are pieces of the story that are absent.
Page 12 has Lynaria casted a light spell that said only a "fabled Champion of Light" can cast it. The page also noted that she's a queen and Seppy killed her.
Page 13 stated that 2 decades have already passed.
Also, in the last "screen" of map, Screen 22 has Lynaria's tomb where Seppy placed Lynaria after he killed her.

Now, in Xeven's chapter in the Throne of Darkness, The Paradox Portal map has shown Lynaria. And Screen 18 also has Valen and Lynaria having an affair.

Another thing, if we're going to use genetics here especially the hair color trait, Gravelyn could might as well be the child of Valen and Lynaria since she has red hair that she might have inherited from both of her parents. Victoria and Brittany could have inherited their brown hair from Alteon. Tara has black hair which might have been a recessive trait or she's a child between Alteon and another woman.

I'm not sure how Swordhaven Royalty works but it seems like the only ones who can ascend the throne are those who posses noble blood (legitimate child or otherwise) or if you're married to the current monarchy like Brentan. So Gravelyn could ascend the throne if she asserts her position as Lynaria's child thus having noble blood.

One thing that could mess up this whole Gravelyn is an illegitimate child is the timeline. Because, let's be honest, the story is all over the place and there's also a lot of inconsistencies.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/26/2016 21:25:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
10/26/2016 21:34:57   
  Kiyone

In regards to the inquiry about Vampires and Vampire hybrids on their next generation(s) of Vampires and Vampire Hybrids. From checking about it. To my knowledge this has not been brough up in game. Most likely since the story didn't need that information to be presented to the player. So for the time being its best to assume it left to the players imagination until that info has to be revealed for story line purposes.

With that said, until I hear otherwise. As long as its relavent to the story discussion and kebt within the forum rules guidelines of proper discussion and board rating. I reluctantly say you can discuss this if it story related but note I'm keeping my eyes on this. So if you continue said discussion, tread carefully.

quote:

The mods never sleep

Even thou that is true. Granted their are days I treat myself to six hours of sleep. That is off topic so please don't continue that discussion.

With that, lets get back to discuss the main storyline.

Kiyone
Archknight of AQWorlds General Discussion
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
10/26/2016 22:03:54   
EmbraceTheDarkness

@LouisCyphere

It also mentions adoption, so it could be that one of Alteon's daughters isn't related at all and was/is a cover up for the fact that Lynaria would have been pregnant with Gravelyn but then Gravelyn was taken by Seppy to be raised in his castle.

With what info we've been given and considering the timeline it could be Robina or Tara who are adopted I feel.
AQW  Post #: 114
10/27/2016 1:58:25   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@LouisCyphere

To my knowledge Elemental Champions are only born in their respective Elemental Planes. Artix was born in the Plane of Darkness, Abel was born in the Plane of Ice, Drakath was born in the Chaos Realm and Gravelyn was born in the Plane of Light.

Also, killing an Elemental Champion does not make whoever killed the Champion the new Champion of that respective element. There's even proof. Kezeroth killed Quetzal, the previous Champion of Ice, and did not become the new Champion of Ice. It was implied that Kyanos decided at the time of Quetzal's death that Abel would become the new Champion of Ice. Therfore, the Avatars decide who the Champions will be.

I know this response isn't totally related to your comment but I thought I would bring it up anyways.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 115
10/27/2016 4:09:40   
LouisCyphere

@EmbraceTheDarkness:
I'm leaning on the fact that Tara is the adopted one (or she's an illegitimate child like Gravelyn) since it would be quite an issue if the Queen is pregnant and suddenly there was no child because Seppy/Valen would take it. Hopefully we would get some answers in the next chapter in the next year. Since most of AQW storylines are released like twice in a month or once a month. Or that adoption refers to Gravelyn not being adopted into the Swordhaven Royalty because people would know at a glance that she might be the child between Lynaria and Valen.

@Christophisis:
The Avatars have a sick kind of humor or just want some irony. Artix is a paladin but is actually the Champion of Darkness and Gravelyn, daughter of the Seppy, is the Champion of Light.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/27/2016 4:10:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
10/27/2016 11:00:39   
LyRein

@LouisCyphere

Small nitpick but don't you think it'd make sense for Valen to have blonde hair because from the looks of it Gravelyn has lighter hair than Lynaria and Sepulchure has blonde hair in Dragonfable IIRC.

Also, the Archpaladin wears an Obsidian version of the (modern) Paladin armor, Artix is often depicted in black when becoming the Champion of Darkness (i.e Doomwood), wouldn't it be so ironic (and kind of make sense?) if Artix is indeed an Archpaladin and his armor is now a darkened version of the Paladin armor?

@Christophisis

I'm so glad the Elemental Lords don't exist yet in AQW.

I prefer that the Avatars are the main forces of the Elements as it reduces the unnecessary amount of characters (we don't even meet the Elemental Lords in DF!) and they have a prettier name.

I just wish they changed the Avatar' names.. Voidstar sounds so out-of-place in the current timeline.

@EmbraceTheDarkness

Don't think AE has thought it out too much, they're not known for preplanning the storyline, they usually make it up as they go so they probably didn't have Lynaria and her hair in the picture.

Question Time: are their any current characters you believe might be Elemental Champions?
Post #: 117
10/27/2016 11:07:13   
LouisCyphere

I don't remember Valen having blonde hair in DF. And I don't think we should compare different versions of Seppy.
In AQW, Valen has red hair as shown in the Paradox Portal map.

And yes it is ironic. I think that's what the staff is going for.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
10/27/2016 11:13:07   
Veya

While Seppy's face was never revealed in DF, you can see his hair on the back of his head and it is the same crimson as in AQW, plus, hair colors have been shown to change between games, Galanoth is blonde in AQ(shown both by his mirror universe counterpart and the one time Loco gender bent everyone), but he has a brown beard in DF book 3.

Also, I will be trying to make the post about vampire pregnancy and the issues with it latter today when I get home now that I got a mostly A-OK from Kiyone, I have to carefully compose that to make sure I don't slip in any crass terms or words.

< Message edited by Veya -- 10/27/2016 14:30:11 >
AQW  Post #: 119
10/27/2016 13:59:53   
LyRein

@above

Unsure if this is relevant to the story but since you brought up Galanoth would anyone like to see a Dragonslayer Arc? Not necessarily revolved around Galanoth but more on simply expanding on the faction, showing it's origins, techniques and strategy etc.

I personally would enjoy it, I have a hard time imagining how these guys deal with Dragons without use of aerial support or range weapons. I've only ever seen them carry swords or spears. And I sometimes wonder how the knowledge they have was gained in the first place.
Post #: 120
10/28/2016 18:54:21   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@LyRein

quote:

I'm so glad the Elemental Lords don't exist yet in AQW.

I prefer that the Avatars are the main forces of the Elements as it reduces the unnecessary amount of characters (we don't even meet the Elemental Lords in DF!) and they have a prettier name.

I just wish they changed the Avatar' names.. Voidstar sounds so out-of-place in the current timeline.

I agree with you 100%. In my opinion, the Elemental Lords in AQC were such pointless and annoying characters. I think they scrapped them on purpose for DF and AQW realizing that the only major forces behind each element should be the Avatars.

The name "Voidstar" didn't make sense back in DF either since The Void played a huge part in multiple storylines. A change would be appropriate.

@Veya

As long as you're careful it's all good. It has grounds for discussion considering that it's a huge possibility in the main storyline.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
10/28/2016 19:30:33   
kaos rules x

I guess I'm the opposite, I'd much rather see the Elemental Lords in AQWorlds. I like seeing a hierarchy of power and characters. But rest assured, I don't think the Lords will ever be introduced. In fact, Lords and Avatars are names for the same thing in AQWorlds. Here's a quote from Alina saying that very thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
10/29/2016 10:22:01   
LyRein

@above

Hierarchy doesn't make sense if the Champions bring the power of the Elemental Planes onto Lore and the Avatars maintain and create the Elemental Planes.

You really don't need the Elemental Lords.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 10/29/2016 10:23:21 >
Post #: 123
10/29/2016 11:50:22   
Veya

The hierarchy is a bit more explained in DF, the idea is that Lore isn't the ONLY planet in the universe with elements, every single inhabitable planet has elements like us, the Elemental Lords can't handle every single planet by themselves, and that's where the Avatars come in, their job is to keep things in order in each planet(and each planet and dimension has their own set of Avatars) so that the Elemental Lords can do whatever they need to do to maintain their respective Elemental Planes in order.

It was also noted that Lore isn't connected to the Prime Elemental Planes directly, there is a "lesser" Elemental Plane of each type connected to Lore, and the Avatars reign supreme within their lesser Elemental Planes.

A good analogy for this would be like: Elemental Lord=CEO of company, Avatar=Manager of an individual franchise location, Prime Elemental Plane=Company's HQ, "lesser" Elemental Plane=Company's franchise location.

The whole ordeal CAN work without the Lords, but I feel it is better with them.
AQW  Post #: 124
10/29/2016 14:41:01   
LyRein

@above

actually that makes less sense because why do the EL suffer from wordly limits and why did they create things that aren't when they just... you know.. couldn't be themselves?

"we can't manage enough planets lmao" - Elemental Lords
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition