Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

How to use list, make bullet points, and what does hr mean?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> How to use list, make bullet points, and what does hr mean?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2016 17:38:57   
Darches

What does the "list" button do?

How do I make bullet points?

What does "hr" mean? It makes these lines ^
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/23/2016 20:38:52   
Shadowhunt

The Forum Commands guide has the answers to most of this, but answers!

The list button doesn't actually do anything; like spoiler tags, you need to manually add in the list coding yourself. You can use either "ol" for an ordered list that will put them in a numbered list, or "ul" for an unordered one that just uses bullet points. The thing to keep in mind with using these is they cause a lot of extra spacing in the forum, so if you don't want to have unnecessary amounts of it, you need to do some kind of funky stuff while inputting the text to get it all to work. It also will use indentation. And lastly, you can embed them within each other to make a list within a list. For an example, you can see my Table of Contents in my Undead Legion Handbook. And lastly, you to create an entry, you need to use the bullet point coding, ironically.

Bullet points you make with
[*]
or, with the previously mentioned unordered list (you still need to use the coding, but the unordered list keeps it as a bullet rather than converting it to a number). If you do them without the list, it'll not be indented. So for without list vs. list code, you get this:
Without List:
  • First
  • Second
  • Pigeons

With List (and eliminating excess spacing):
    • First
    • Second
    • Pigeons
    So as you can see, they both make bullet points, but with different levels of indentation, and the list one has some more spacing it in.

HR stands for Horizontal Rule.
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 2
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> How to use list, make bullet points, and what does hr mean?
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition