Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2016 15:00:03   
Karika

quote:

geopetal
A Hard Goodbye

Hello players! Today, I’m writing the hardest Design Notes (or really of anything) I’ve had to in my past nine years with AE. I’m writing to say goodbye. It is my last day as the Game Director for DragonFable and my last day at Artix Entertainment. I’ve received a new job offer where I’ll be working to help create game dev education and certification programs.

My time at AE has been amazing and I’ve been able to work with a huge group of intensely talented and creative individuals. The DF team and the players have always inspired me and, as I move forward on my career path and back into the ranks of player and superfan of DragonFable, I know that Tomix and Verlyrus, as the new co-leads, will continue on working together with Melissa4Bella, San Robin, Karika, GIngkage, Elryn, Eric, and all the AKs and players, and make even more incredible stories for everyone to play through! I will also, admittedly, be abusing my access to continue to bother Tomix and Verlyrus until they decide to bury the Stone Orb in the Willowshire Tower with Sir Valorus.... ;)

To everyone at Artix Entertainment, to all the DragonFable team members past and present, to all the players, thank you so much! You’ve all made my time here an experience to remember! <3

The team at the lab made me a poster AND cake! They rock!

Tags: geopetal

Tagged with sadness. ~San Robin

< Message edited by San Robin -- 7/29/2016 16:01:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/29/2016 15:04:02   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

Sucks to see you go, but good luck with your new job!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
7/29/2016 15:04:31   
Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Goodbye Geo, all of us players will miss you and the hard work you've done for this game and our community.

I'm praying so hard that dragonfable doesnt die the way mechquest and oversoul did, i've been playing for 8 years now and idk what i would do without this game...
Post #: 3
7/29/2016 15:13:30   
docblade

Nooo. I want to say something that make you stay but...i dont think there're the right words for it.
so....goodbye, little pebble

@Chewy Me too, pal. Me too...
DF MQ  Post #: 4
7/29/2016 15:14:27   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Good luck with thy new duties, geopetal.

May the divine be ever in the details.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
7/29/2016 15:16:32   
Eric Greydawn
Kensai

Farewell, Lady of Stone. May all your work meet with unmitigated success.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/29/2016 15:22:12   
Lord Noonien Soong

Another bad announcement to greet today. I admit that saddens me greatly geo, and I hope you're happy where you land next
DF  Post #: 7
7/29/2016 15:22:45   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Thanks for your years of hard work Geo, good luck!
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/29/2016 15:22:53   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Unbelievable. The fact that geopetal is leaving and the the fact that the person who posted 2 posts above me is the person I never thought I'd see again in this lifetime.

I wish geo all the best with her new job and hope she rocks it.(Sorry) It is really sad though. Thank you for all the amazing stories.

@geo, will you drop by and keep posting in the DNS from time to time?

< Message edited by Arthur -- 7/29/2016 16:15:04 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/29/2016 15:24:14   
Occavatra

Geo, I cannot say into words how thankful I am for your time on DragonFable. You've inspired me to get into writing and my passion for the game has driven me to help the community. I truly appreciate all the hard work you put into it almost every week and for that, I will always remember you just like my fellow players and team members. All I can say is you are an awesome role model and a creative spirit full of innovation and direction. Thank you for everything you have done for us and may your future endeavors be well.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/29/2016 15:24:20   
LouisCyphere

Goodbye Rockstar. Farewell and Goodluck.
It's sad to see you go.

I hope this isn't a sign that DF will be phased out
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/29/2016 15:24:40   
TheRuinedShadow

Thanks for everything Geo!
Everything from the game releases to all of the rocky puns, Thanks!
I hope you well in all of your future endeavors.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/29/2016 15:24:50   
Eric Greydawn
Kensai

quote:

Unbelievable. The fact that geopetal is leaving and the the fact that the person who posted above me is the person I never thought I'd see again in this lifetime.

If you refer to me, Yes, I am back and back to work. I've got a few things up my sleeve for you guys. Patience while the details are worked out.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
7/29/2016 15:24:58   
  Starflame13

Sad to see you leave, Geo, it's been great playing DF with your story and inspiration.

I wish you the best of luck on your new job and adventure. You've worked wonders with DF and with AE, so I'm absolutely sure you'll do amazing wherever you go from here. I hope that you have the time to stop by now and then! We don't want the stone orb getting too dusty :P

Thank you so much for your time spent with the game and with the community. We won't forget everything you've done for us. Thank you, Geo.

Have you checked your forum inbox? PM Notifications are down!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
7/29/2016 15:28:47   
dragon_monster

Bye the past, the present and the future of this game. I hope you will do great things in your new job.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
7/29/2016 15:32:48   
DarkLore

*Insert crying rock meme here* Good Luck Geo! But this is terrible! Now DF is about as Understaffed as AQ Classic! A certain poor Box Kitty has to code all by his lonesome now. First Nulgath, Ashendal, now you Geo?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/29/2016 15:34:16   
GreenGuy23

Man this sucks. I disappear for a few months, and we lose Geo too? Man. I really hope the new job is lovely for you Geo, and I hope the next phase of your life outside AE is a good one. There's so few words for me to say right now. I wish I had more. I've loved your writing for years, and hope you never stop. Farewell, friend.

< Message edited by GreenGuy23 -- 7/29/2016 15:36:28 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
7/29/2016 15:38:20   
LouisCyphere

can we request a house item/stone statue similar to the one in Falconreach?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/29/2016 15:38:29   
The Odor

I wish you the best in your new job and I really hope you know you have my life far better through your stories.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
7/29/2016 15:39:02   
DarkLore

Is it wrong I'm literally crying? I mean it seems so stupid to some, but we've lost a lot of good staff from just about every game!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/29/2016 15:43:06   
GreenGuy23

AYYY LouisCyphere is right! A statue made of stone for Geo in Falconreach would be awesome.

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
7/29/2016 15:46:35   
TheFarReach

I wish you luck in your new job. May the rock puns be plentiful and free flowing wherever you go. And I agree, a statue would be nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/29/2016 15:48:39   
solomi123

So many old faces here, would have been a joyous occasion if it weren't for geo's departure

I'll be honest, I've been a fan of geo's writing for the longest time I can remember and I will continue to regard her as the single greatest writer in all of AE and the one responsible for DF's reputation of being the best story in all AE games.

That said, thank you for all the things you've done for us and good luck on your next step in life.

@Arthur
Um, geo is a 'she'

< Message edited by solomi123 -- 7/29/2016 16:00:35 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/29/2016 15:53:29   
D00MS

*throws geo a rock HAMMER* it was fun you will be missed and good luck out there

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/29/2016 15:55:07   
Znakoma

Thank you so much for all the fun moments Geopetal, and good luck on your new adventure!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition