Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stop with the energy meta.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stop with the energy meta.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2016 22:52:52   
racing.lo.mas

Hello, I havent been around for a long time and I've just came back to the forums.
It's a simple suggestion that I have made before with every single detail and it wasnt even replied. So if you guys agree with it I can detail it more.

Energy skills are so strong and annoying that you can't ignore them. If you do, they'll drain most of your energy, making impossible the chance of using your own skills. You have no choise, you must counter those skill, and the way to do this, is also using energy skills. So you basically use energy skills to counter your opponents' energy skills.
If a class doesn't have a good energy skill, it will get destroyed by any class with a good energy control. Thats the case of mercenaries. Your energy can be stolen before you even do an attack, or it can go down while your opponent can regenerates it.

Before, classes didn't need to control the energy to be good, like BM for example, without energy control it used to be OP. But now every class has a energy skill and most of them are strong, if one class is out of this, it will be under power.

So in my opinion, every energy skill should be nerfed, rebuild or even taken.
Without an opponent who will take all your energy, you are free to run a build without an energy skill. You are free to use your ultimate, something that isnt seen very often nowadays. You are free to use whatever skill at whatever level.

For example: Static Grenade at level max, instead of taking 210 energy (+1 from every 0.5 support), it can take 80 (+1 every 2 support) and give give 100% instead of 65%.
Every skill can be modificated like this example. I guess this will stop the energy meta and will give a lot of freedom with builds again.
Epic  Post #: 1
7/31/2016 16:42:12   
Cyber Dream

Every class shouldn't be able to take energy. A simple fix to get out of this problem would to be to make each class unique while at the same time maintaining balance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/31/2016 19:15:43   
racing.lo.mas

Well that need more preparation, you need to make new skills balanced for every class. In my opinion most of those skills should be nerfed and some other taken (so the classes arent so repetitive).
I agree with having energy skills, the problem is that they have a big impact in the game now. They are too strong and they must be nerfed.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/31/2016 20:22:25   
nowras

The only way they can be nerfed is by bringing back passives and since they won't do that, I guess you will have to deal with them, you don't have any other choice.

< Message edited by nowras -- 7/31/2016 20:23:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/1/2016 5:58:17   
racing.lo.mas

When they took the passives they made this problem worse but the energy meta was already there. It began when they gave an energy skill to every class and when they gave an energy price for cores.
I think is possible to nerf all those skills, like reducing the energy taken or that kind of things.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/1/2016 20:02:24   
Cyber Dream

Lol, someone correct me if im wrong but "unique" classes were announced at the start of the omega phase.
quote:

Well that need more preparation, you need to make new skills balanced for every class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/2/2016 1:05:33   
Mr. Black OP

I like how his avatar is battery backup.
But anyways I agree, a fix could possibly be making energy skills a 1 time use or become weaker after each use.
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stop with the energy meta.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition