Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2017 0:57:08   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@sweetladyamy

1. Yes, it's Unity.
2. From this DNs post:
quote:

EXPLAINED! Why 3D goes pink
Have you ever seen something in a video game (ours or any others) that was completely pink? Well, that is your 3D Video Card (GPU) throwing its hands in the air and saying "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO HERE!" It is basically the GPU's way of telling you it cannot, or does not know how to handle something.

Pink objects happen for one of the following reasons:
  • Your Video Card (GPU) is older and does not know how to handle something
  • The Texture is too big for your GPU's available memory
  • The Texture is corrupt
  • Your drivers are out of date
  • #1 reason: The Pixel Shader model is too advanced and using something that a video card does not know how to do. (Cannot teach an old dog new tricks?)

• Essentially, it seems the graphics card on your computer doesn't support playing AQ3D.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 576
    12/15/2017 1:23:06   
    sweetladyamy

Unity. Issues with the Unity engine are numerous, and I know; another project being developed in Unity which I am a part of as a tester keeps running into snags because of the changes that Unity keeps making.

I asked mainly because I had thought it was Unity.

Yeah, I figured my hardware had something to do with it, but I had never seen it this bad before. I could still play the game, but not being able to see where I am going, made this hard (though combat was okay-the names and indicator circles show fine). Once I made it to Yulgar's Inn, everything went black, and that was it.

Since I have it through Steam, at some point, when I get a chance at a better/upgraded computer, I'll be able to readily access the game.
    Post #: 577
    12/21/2017 18:21:15   
    DeathKnightZ

Having an issue where it says warrior class is equipped not allowing me to equip it. Any help or who I should contact to get this fixed quickly?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 578
    12/22/2017 0:51:04   
    Vexx
    Undead Lunatic

quote:

Having an issue where it says warrior class is equipped not allowing me to equip it. Any help or who I should contact to get this fixed quickly?

@DeathKnightZ

We're aware of this issue and are currently investigating. For future bugs you can quickly notify the AQ3D team via the bug tracker at http://bugs.artix.com/.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 579
    12/22/2017 10:28:25   
    XeNON_54

Is there a reason why I have to repeat last years seasonal quests again?
    Seriously this is such a huge pain in the rear.
    Post #: 580
    12/22/2017 11:43:59   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

XeNON_54: Because the game is using a different/new system compared to last year. Here's Cysero's tweet.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 581
    12/22/2017 20:57:27   
    mds2006

Does the Green Wire really drop from the "Keeper" bosses? I've been at this for hours and not even one has dropped, so I can't help but doubt the AQ3D Wiki's info on it.

Edit: *sigh* ...nevermind. It took several more tries after initially posting this, but I finally got it to drop. It does drop from the Keeper bosses.

< Message edited by mds2006 -- 12/22/2017 21:42:36 >
    Post #: 582
    12/22/2017 21:33:55   
    Maelious

Hi there.

I was wondering:

(1) Would it be a big issue to allow players to have more than 10 bank vault slots? If it isn't, could we please have the option to buy more bank vaults?

(2) Could we please be allowed to sort the items in out bank vault and inventory so that they are not re-sorted in order in which the items were attained?

Thanks

Please note that these questions are a summary of this post: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22306134
    I just released that I should have made this post here instead of the feedback thread.
    Post #: 583
    12/24/2017 3:47:14   
    zankokuookami

anyone else getting a 403 forbidden login error?

Can't login.

EDIT: NVM, stupid ISP seems to have gotten cloudflare's interest, whatever. can log in now

< Message edited by zankokuookami -- 12/25/2017 3:13:50 >
    Post #: 584
    12/29/2017 15:32:30   
    edwardvulture

How much total ACs do legendary Kickstarter get? I may or may not have spent some unlocking the Dragonslayer class assuming I got it for free yesterday.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 585
    12/29/2017 18:28:26   
    Vexx
    Undead Lunatic

quote:

How much total ACs do legendary Kickstarter get? I may or may not have spent some unlocking the Dragonslayer class assuming I got it for free yesterday.

@edwardvulture

I know Epic Founders and above were given 17,500 DCs, but there were a few instances where all players were compensated some DCs as well if I recall correctly.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 586
    1/3/2018 9:40:27   
    XeNON_54

Is there a 2nd version of David's Coat that has a white trim at the bottom?
    I've seen some people with it. Mostly Guardians.
    Post #: 587
    1/3/2018 10:19:34   
    HeroKae

The only armor that i know is vaguely similar to david's coat is http://aq-3d.wikidot.com/keen-alpha-pirate-coat
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 588
    1/4/2018 7:45:56   
    XeNON_54

Sorry but that's not it. I asked them if the coat is different but they all said it's the same David's Coat but theirs just has that white trim at the bottom for some reason.
    Post #: 589
    1/4/2018 12:29:51   
    Maelious

Are there any plans to allow players to re-attain quest reward items?

In particular:
    - Murky Heal Potion
    - Raw Potion
    - Gifted Blade
    - Gifted Armor
    - Chewed Mystic Robes
    - Master Vault Keysword
    - Forged Ashbrand Helm
    - Forged Ashbrand Pauldrons
    - DrickenSlayer Cape
    - Dragon Stalker Gauntlets
    - Dragon Stalker Belt
    - Dragon Stalker Boots
    - Brimston Emblem Cape

If sold, these items cannot be re-attained since they are all quest rewards.

I would like to recommend that these be added to shops (for significant amounts of gold).

Is this something you are considering?
    Post #: 590
    1/4/2018 18:54:12   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

I asked them if the coat is different but they all said it's the same David's Coat but theirs just has that white trim at the bottom for some reason.

I got half of your answer, it's a bug/feature.

It's something weird that happens with Coat Armors (like David's coat, Santa Armor, Icelorn Mage Robes etc. basically any armor that has those sort of features) and certain boots, I think the criteria is that the boots need to reach a certain height just above the kneecap, or something like that for this to happen.

I screenshotted all the boots I could find and equip on my character/preview ingame, with David's Coat equipped. The Pebblar Boots in the Livingstone Craft shop will cause the same effect as shown with the Beta Berserker boosts, just with it's own green color. The ShadowSlayer E boots will also cause a VERY slightly different colored effect from the ShadowSlayer R example.

So if you wanted a white trim at the bottom, you would need to find the right boots, possibly the Frostlorn Rogue Boots, I don't have those to check right now.
    AQW  Post #: 591
    1/5/2018 11:03:10   
    XeNON_54

Ah, so different boots may have different effects on the item huh?
    If this is a bug then that's a pretty nifty feature that wish AE would NOT fix since it's really cool.
    Post #: 592
    1/8/2018 14:35:56   
    Iron Volvametal

So, I'm thinking of changing my gear a bit & making myself tankier instead of pure DPS. What set should I try to get now? I don't know if any of the new stuff released has good defensive stats.

Should I focus more on HP, Armor, or Evasion? Speaking as a Warrior.
    AQW  Post #: 593
    1/8/2018 15:12:59   
    oishii
    fish

quote:

Are there any plans to allow players to re-attain quest reward items?

These are intended to be quest rewards. If a player wishes to keep the item then they can make accommodations in their inventory.
    Post #: 594
    1/8/2018 21:04:04   
    Vexx
    Undead Lunatic

quote:

So, I'm thinking of changing my gear a bit & making myself tankier instead of pure DPS. What set should I try to get now? I don't know if any of the new stuff released has good defensive stats.

Should I focus more on HP, Armor, or Evasion? Speaking as a Warrior.

@Iron Volvametal

Shadow Slayer R's set seems to be the highest level tanky set available currently. I'd check out https://whitetigerae.github.io/aq3dspreadsheet/ though that way you can see all your options. WhiteTiger updates it pretty frequently so it's pretty great for finding your optimal gear after each patch.

< Message edited by Vexx -- 1/8/2018 21:18:43 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 595
    1/9/2018 1:12:03   
    Iron Volvametal

^ Ooo, I forgot about that list, thanks. ^

So, is it best to Tank with High HP, Armor, or Evasion?

HP makes sense, since it keeps me in longer & I recover more from potions.

Armor makes it so that I don't take too much damage from strong enemies/bosses.

And Evasion will make me dodge more so I don't get hit at all.

But what's best if I'm Tanking as a Warrior? I'm guessing Armor highest & HP second highest with a modest amount of Evasion? Or are therr other stats that I benefit more from?
    AQW  Post #: 596
    1/9/2018 2:35:03   
    Maelious

quote:

These are intended to be quest rewards. If a player wishes to keep the item then they can make accommodations in their inventory.

This wouldn't really be possible for new players since ... well ... they would be new and not know that any items they discarded are unique to each account.

< Message edited by Maelious -- 1/9/2018 2:36:46 >
    Post #: 597
    1/9/2018 9:59:02   
    Hana!

quote:

But what's best if I'm Tanking as a Warrior? I'm guessing Armor highest & HP second highest with a modest amount of Evasion? Or are therr other stats that I benefit more from?

I wouldn't really say it makes too big a difference. There's hardly enough content (bosses and gear) to worry about min-maxing. Ideally, if you are trying to tank, you'd want to be Guardian anyway since they can maintain aggro as well as heal.

There doesn't seem to be any calculations done of how stat totals mitigate damage in combat, but I'd assume a healthy mix of all three of those stats would be just fine, with a focus on Evasion since that is a chance to mitigate 100% of damage.

quote:

This wouldn't really be possible for new players since ... well ... they would be new and not know that any items they discarded are unique to each account.

It was possible for me. Players can check the crafting menus and see what can be made and what can't be made. I agree that minor items like the ones you listed should be re-obtainable if sold, but the means are there to avoid this situation altogether.

It's likely they'll add a way to get these items back in the future, but it's probably low priority given it's a handful of older equipment.
    AQW  Post #: 598
    1/9/2018 18:17:41   
    Iron Volvametal

So since I don't have Guardian/access to Guardian, should I just max out my Attack like I did before?

Only reason I asked this in the first place, was because I do so much damage, I ended up aggroing most of the fights I was in & ended up getting KO'd because I couldn't heal fast enough(mainly due to the Potion nerf). I was thinking of buffing up my HP & Armor so I could do damage & tank a little more.

If there's no point in specific gear now, I'm guessing it's just best to get the newest set since they'll be better stat-wise than previous sets?
    AQW  Post #: 599
    1/11/2018 9:34:41   
    XeNON_54

Really liking my new custom coat.
    I'm using Frostlorn Rogue Boots to get this effect btw.

PS. It's not just David's Coat that is affected. Other "coat/robe" armors may also have this "feature" since I've seen someone wearing Spooky Witch Robe with the same effect.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 1/11/2018 9:37:24 >
    Post #: 600
    Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
    Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition