Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 25 of 25«<2122232425
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2018 14:32:56   
One Winged Angel1357

The robe thing is known to the devs as well so it will either stick around as a fashion feature or get patched one of these days
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 601
1/13/2018 22:44:26   
Iron Volvametal

So, I've learned about the Hunter's Stake &, uh...

Why is the drop rate on this thing so darn low?
AQW  Post #: 602
1/14/2018 6:18:20   
Metakirby

Because it needs to be "hard to get", but no one said it needed to be fair.

Honestly, I have kind of been fine with most of the rare dungeon items, they have for the most part just been rare items with "ok" stats and special in looks, but the Hunter's Stake, that's just a punch in the gut for anyone who farmed heavily for the various weapons in Ashfall, especially the Staff of the Abyss. You just know there's a couple people out there who get it on first couple tries while the majority of people spend countless hours in vain.

At this point I have given up on it, I got all David's stuff, I got both the Beastial Wolf Claw and the Silver Crossbow numerous times and I have max Shadowslayer rank AND! have run the dungeon to try an get the stake for quite a while after getting max Shadowslayer rank.

At least once Ashfall part 3 and/or higher levels come out, there will be more options to farm (yes, farm, not some cheap low drop from a random dungeon) for weapons which will have better stats than the Hunter's Stake.

This type of RNG should never be tied to an item which is arguably, without question, the strongest of it's kind. Some people might disagree, but I think a majority of people think exactly the same.
AQW  Post #: 603
1/14/2018 7:13:28   
XeNON_54

They still haven't even added a Crafting alternative for the Chiropteran set.
Waiting 30min for that Tree to respawn just to get "Fruit Salad of EVIL" every time is super frustrating.
Post #: 604
1/15/2018 8:10:37   
Maelious

quote:

Honestly, I have kind of been fine with most of the rare dungeon items, they have for the most part just been rare items with "ok" stats and special in looks, but the Hunter's Stake, that's just a punch in the gut for anyone who farmed heavily for the various weapons in Ashfall, especially the Staff of the Abyss. You just know there's a couple people out there who get it on first couple tries while the majority of people spend countless hours in vain.

At this point I have given up on it, I got all David's stuff, I got both the Beastial Wolf Claw and the Silver Crossbow numerous times and I have max Shadowslayer rank AND! have run the dungeon to try an get the stake for quite a while after getting max Shadowslayer rank.

At least once Ashfall part 3 and/or higher levels come out, there will be more options to farm (yes, farm, not some cheap low drop from a random dungeon) for weapons which will have better stats than the Hunter's Stake.

This type of RNG should never be tied to an item which is arguably, without question, the strongest of it's kind. Some people might disagree, but I think a majority of people think exactly the same.

Agreed. 100%
Post #: 605
1/16/2018 8:56:44   
XeNON_54

So there's 2 ways for you to force the Ancient Evil in Darkhurst to spawn instantly instead of waiting 30 mins.
One way is to make everyone leave the map so that it can "refresh".
Another way is to hope that the first Darkhurst map gets full so you spawn in another Darkhurst which is empty.

It's kinda like that Barrow Drop Challenge trick people used to do when it was a thing back in the day.
Sadly you can only really solo it effectively if it spawns near the Mayor's house so the 4 mobs can attack it with you otherwise it's impossible.

Question I have is: Is this considered "Cheating" so to speak?
It's kinda similar to AQW's "room hopping" but AQ3D is a different game so I just wanna ask.
Post #: 606
1/16/2018 11:34:32   
creepy gy

So I heard that there are no rares in this game is this true? If yes, is there any information on how long there won't be? (Like never? )
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 607
1/17/2018 1:07:58   
  Vexx

ArchKnight AQ3D

quote:

So I heard that there are no rares in this game is this true? If yes, is there any information on how long there won't be? (Like never? )

Not necessarily no rares but incredibly few. Not sure if you'd count Kickstarter items/Alpha Knight/Beta rewards as rare items but aside from those there probably won't be many other rares if any.

Here's a tweet from Cysero explaining AQ3D's stance on rare items. https://twitter.com/Cysero/status/943931147423281152
DF AQW  Post #: 608
1/17/2018 7:07:45   
XeNON_54

Only items to be confirmed going Perma Rare are the Beta Berserker set and the 15th Anniversary Cape. Both of which are cosmetics with no stats whatsoever.

PS. Sad no one answered my inquiry.
Post #: 609
1/19/2018 9:57:15   
XeNON_54

So Whirlwind gets its total damage shown in Orange right?
Why does Meteor Volley not have something similar? I though all multi-hit attacks would have that feature?
Post #: 610
1/19/2018 14:33:01   
  Vexx

ArchKnight AQ3D

quote:

So Whirlwind gets its total damage shown in Orange right?
Why does Meteor Volley not have something similar? I though all multi-hit attacks would have that feature?

@XeNON_54

Good question, I poked the devs about it so I'll update you when I hear back from them.

On that note, I haven't answered your other question yet because I'm not 100% sure that it isn't considered cheating so I apologize for the delay. I'm like 99% sure it ISN'T considered cheating and it's just clever use of mechanics.

< Message edited by Vexx -- 1/19/2018 14:34:01 >
DF AQW  Post #: 611
1/20/2018 9:55:01   
XeNON_54

Thanks Vexx.

With that said though, I'm kinda disappointed by what the game calls "diminishing returns".
It's not diminishing at all. It's just a nerf so we don't kill the bosses near instantly.
They should change it do having gradually reduced duration instead of instant immunity. The stun time is already so short at 2 secs that it feels more like half a sec due to how Haste works.
Boss monsters should just be immune to stun from the get-go but not haste debuffs.

The fact that ICE LANCE has a DoT instead of Fireball is kinda a stupid move IMO. It just doesn't make any sense. That's not how Frostbite sets in real life.
Frostbite is more like how Warcry is now except it does damage instead of buffing.
How I think about it that the Haste debuff would stack and when it reaches a certain amount of stacks it would turn into a HUGE DoT dmg.

But really they should bring back OG Fireball. It was so awesome how we could just keep casting Fireball until we run out of mana since the cast time is longer than the cooldown for the old skill. In fact the cast time itself was the cooldown since its pretty long.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 1/20/2018 9:56:43 >
Post #: 612
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 25 of 25«<2122232425
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition