Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2018 14:32:56   
One Winged Angel1357

The robe thing is known to the devs as well so it will either stick around as a fashion feature or get patched one of these days
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 601
1/13/2018 22:44:26   
Iron Volvametal

So, I've learned about the Hunter's Stake &, uh...

Why is the drop rate on this thing so darn low?
AQW  Post #: 602
1/14/2018 6:18:20   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Because it needs to be "hard to get", but no one said it needed to be fair.

Honestly, I have kind of been fine with most of the rare dungeon items, they have for the most part just been rare items with "ok" stats and special in looks, but the Hunter's Stake, that's just a punch in the gut for anyone who farmed heavily for the various weapons in Ashfall, especially the Staff of the Abyss. You just know there's a couple people out there who get it on first couple tries while the majority of people spend countless hours in vain.

At this point I have given up on it, I got all David's stuff, I got both the Beastial Wolf Claw and the Silver Crossbow numerous times and I have max Shadowslayer rank AND! have run the dungeon to try an get the stake for quite a while after getting max Shadowslayer rank.

At least once Ashfall part 3 and/or higher levels come out, there will be more options to farm (yes, farm, not some cheap low drop from a random dungeon) for weapons which will have better stats than the Hunter's Stake.

This type of RNG should never be tied to an item which is arguably, without question, the strongest of it's kind. Some people might disagree, but I think a majority of people think exactly the same.
AQW  Post #: 603
1/14/2018 7:13:28   
XeNON_54

They still haven't even added a Crafting alternative for the Chiropteran set.
Waiting 30min for that Tree to respawn just to get "Fruit Salad of EVIL" every time is super frustrating.
Post #: 604
1/15/2018 8:10:37   
Maelious

quote:

Honestly, I have kind of been fine with most of the rare dungeon items, they have for the most part just been rare items with "ok" stats and special in looks, but the Hunter's Stake, that's just a punch in the gut for anyone who farmed heavily for the various weapons in Ashfall, especially the Staff of the Abyss. You just know there's a couple people out there who get it on first couple tries while the majority of people spend countless hours in vain.

At this point I have given up on it, I got all David's stuff, I got both the Beastial Wolf Claw and the Silver Crossbow numerous times and I have max Shadowslayer rank AND! have run the dungeon to try an get the stake for quite a while after getting max Shadowslayer rank.

At least once Ashfall part 3 and/or higher levels come out, there will be more options to farm (yes, farm, not some cheap low drop from a random dungeon) for weapons which will have better stats than the Hunter's Stake.

This type of RNG should never be tied to an item which is arguably, without question, the strongest of it's kind. Some people might disagree, but I think a majority of people think exactly the same.

Agreed. 100%
Post #: 605
1/16/2018 8:56:44   
XeNON_54

So there's 2 ways for you to force the Ancient Evil in Darkhurst to spawn instantly instead of waiting 30 mins.
One way is to make everyone leave the map so that it can "refresh".
Another way is to hope that the first Darkhurst map gets full so you spawn in another Darkhurst which is empty.

It's kinda like that Barrow Drop Challenge trick people used to do when it was a thing back in the day.
Sadly you can only really solo it effectively if it spawns near the Mayor's house so the 4 mobs can attack it with you otherwise it's impossible.

Question I have is: Is this considered "Cheating" so to speak?
It's kinda similar to AQW's "room hopping" but AQ3D is a different game so I just wanna ask.
Post #: 606
1/16/2018 11:34:32   
creepy gy

So I heard that there are no rares in this game is this true? If yes, is there any information on how long there won't be? (Like never? )
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 607
1/17/2018 1:07:58   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

So I heard that there are no rares in this game is this true? If yes, is there any information on how long there won't be? (Like never? )

Not necessarily no rares but incredibly few. Not sure if you'd count Kickstarter items/Alpha Knight/Beta rewards as rare items but aside from those there probably won't be many other rares if any.

Here's a tweet from Cysero explaining AQ3D's stance on rare items. https://twitter.com/Cysero/status/943931147423281152
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 608
1/17/2018 7:07:45   
XeNON_54

Only items to be confirmed going Perma Rare are the Beta Berserker set and the 15th Anniversary Cape. Both of which are cosmetics with no stats whatsoever.

PS. Sad no one answered my inquiry.
Post #: 609
1/19/2018 9:57:15   
XeNON_54

So Whirlwind gets its total damage shown in Orange right?
Why does Meteor Volley not have something similar? I though all multi-hit attacks would have that feature?
Post #: 610
1/19/2018 14:33:01   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

So Whirlwind gets its total damage shown in Orange right?
Why does Meteor Volley not have something similar? I though all multi-hit attacks would have that feature?

@XeNON_54

Good question, I poked the devs about it so I'll update you when I hear back from them.

On that note, I haven't answered your other question yet because I'm not 100% sure that it isn't considered cheating so I apologize for the delay. I'm like 99% sure it ISN'T considered cheating and it's just clever use of mechanics.

< Message edited by Vexx -- 1/19/2018 14:34:01 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 611
1/20/2018 9:55:01   
XeNON_54

Thanks Vexx.

With that said though, I'm kinda disappointed by what the game calls "diminishing returns".
It's not diminishing at all. It's just a nerf so we don't kill the bosses near instantly.
They should change it do having gradually reduced duration instead of instant immunity. The stun time is already so short at 2 secs that it feels more like half a sec due to how Haste works.
Boss monsters should just be immune to stun from the get-go but not haste debuffs.

The fact that ICE LANCE has a DoT instead of Fireball is kinda a stupid move IMO. It just doesn't make any sense. That's not how Frostbite sets in real life.
Frostbite is more like how Warcry is now except it does damage instead of buffing.
How I think about it that the Haste debuff would stack and when it reaches a certain amount of stacks it would turn into a HUGE DoT dmg.

But really they should bring back OG Fireball. It was so awesome how we could just keep casting Fireball until we run out of mana since the cast time is longer than the cooldown for the old skill. In fact the cast time itself was the cooldown since its pretty long.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 1/20/2018 9:56:43 >
Post #: 612
1/20/2018 19:51:44   
Nessa Ellensse

Is there any plans for making the app available for the amazon fire tablet? Since Amazon and google won't play nice and I can't get the game to run on the amazon tablet through steam this is a bit of an issue

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 1/20/2018 20:03:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 613
1/21/2018 1:41:48   
RKC

Where is the mouse release?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 614
1/21/2018 4:43:19   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

Where is the mouse release?

@RKC

It begins somewhere inside Yulgar's Inn.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 615
1/22/2018 6:12:35   
Maelious

Given the following badges for 2017 collections:

Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector 2017
Mogloween Collector 2017
Frostval Collector 2017

I have the following questions:

1. Will the 2018 collections give the same badges as the 2017 collections? (i.e., for example renamed to just Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector instead of Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector 2017)
2. Will the 2018 collections be different than the 2017 collections? (meaning that you can have 2 badges in 2018 for the same event: e.g., Frostval Collector 2017 and Frostval Collector 2018)
3. Will the 2017 collection be made available to players who weren't around for the events in 2017?

Thanks
Post #: 616
1/22/2018 9:34:09   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

Given the following badges for 2017 collections:

Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector 2017
Mogloween Collector 2017
Frostval Collector 2017

I have the following questions:

1. Will the 2018 collections give the same badges as the 2017 collections? (i.e., for example renamed to just Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector instead of Talk Like Pirate's Day Collector 2017)
2. Will the 2018 collections be different than the 2017 collections? (meaning that you can have 2 badges in 2018 for the same event: e.g., Frostval Collector 2017 and Frostval Collector 2018)
3. Will the 2017 collection be made available to players who weren't around for the events in 2017?

Thanks

@Maelious

1. This year's badge will be Talk Like Pirate's Day 2018, followed by 2019 and so on.

2. Yes, each year will offer a new collection with new items.

3. No, you'll still be able to buy the items from previous years separately but they won't be offered in a collection.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 617
1/23/2018 2:47:54   
Maelious

quote:

3. No, you'll still be able to buy the items from previous years separately but they won't be offered in a collection.

What about offering it at an undiscounted price?

If badges and titles become another "item" to collect, then this creates rare badges ... which I thought was meant to only be for special cases (e.g., I would agree that Determined be rare since it corresponds to a very special event).

Any thoughts on this?
Post #: 618
1/23/2018 6:32:23   
daichi

To be honest, I wouldn't think collection related badges (even if they are "rare" for the year) would be an issue. The badges will be basically the same every year minus the actual year change and gear you can get.
DF AQW  Post #: 619
1/23/2018 15:19:01   
Maelious

quote:

To be honest, I wouldn't think collection related badges (even if they are "rare" for the year) would be an issue. The badges will be basically the same every year minus the actual year change and gear you can get.

Given that you could collect every year's edition (currently). I feel it does.
Post #: 620
1/29/2018 4:43:39   
RKC

Well they add chrono classes for those who got the calendars?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 621
1/29/2018 7:11:31   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

Well they add chrono classes for those who got the calendars?

@RKC

There are currently no announced plans to add chrono classes to the 2017 and 2018 calendars.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 622
1/31/2018 0:17:42   
XeroSilva

Lets see... lvl 10 boogerling doing 65 damage per hit. Level 12 warrior does only 9-12 with current level equipment. you know what that spells? Pay to win! *sarcastic clap* great job screwing us free players over. And that insult on the beginner's guide: Best Tip
GIT GUD or get REKT!
How about, make enemies take more damage instead of making a paywall like the other game companies, ya twats!

< Message edited by XeroSilva -- 1/31/2018 0:44:32 >
Post #: 623
1/31/2018 7:05:11   
Ananke

quote:

Lets see... lvl 10 boogerling doing 65 damage per hit. Level 12 warrior does only 9-12 with current level equipment. you know what that spells? Pay to win! *sarcastic clap* great job screwing us free players over. And that insult on the beginner's guide: Best Tip
GIT GUD or get REKT! How about, make enemies take more damage instead of making a paywall like the other game companies, ya twats!

A Level 12 warrior does 9-12 damage via Auto Attacks. You also have skills and buffs and the Ultimate which would probably do around 100 for you - I've never used it at that low a level. You claim that it is pay to win, yet I cannot find a way to play as a Boogerling. Furthermore, to my understanding, Classes change your passives and skills, not your stats directly and thus you would do 9-12 damage as a Boogerling.

If you want your enemies to take more damage, increase your attack or debuff their defense. Not being able to do 6 times more damage than you currently do is not a paywall
Post #: 624
1/31/2018 15:14:22   
One Winged Angel1357

Let me get this straight you are pointing to the damage done by an NPC versus the damage done by the player to say something is P2W?

A better argument would be to compare anything to guardian as it is the only thing that is truly beneficial that's behind a pay wall. And as they introduce more classes the benefits from a guardian will change and there is no guarantee that those benefits are game breaking.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition