Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Shared Vault

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Shared Vault
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2016 20:39:23   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Dreiko Shadrack deducted them for me just now

edit: and thx for the slot purchase description fix Capt.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
9/28/2016 20:41:11   
Relinfearous

This release is officially amazing! Had a lot of fun fiddling around with my secondary character. Thank you so much

This feature also gives people more incentive to upgrade their Adventurer alt characters, considering you can transfer Frostval Giftbox items to them.

AQ  Post #: 77
9/28/2016 20:50:27   
Windstar

Why am I not allowed to move token items from one character to another using the shared vault?
Is it only Gold items that are allowed to be used in the shared vault?
I wanted to move my Giantkiller from my main to my secondary, but I wasn't able to do that because it's a token item.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 78
9/28/2016 20:51:19   
Thor

They're still fixing it, Windstar. Doesn't work with Z Token items at the very moment.
AQ AQW  Post #: 79
9/28/2016 20:54:31   
afterlifex
Legend-X

quote:

STORABLE IN VAULT:
Regular Gold purchase items
Gold Gift Box Items
Z-Token Package Bonus Items
HeroMart Bonus items

NOT STORABLE:
All Z-Token Items (will allow storage of these items soon)
Guardianship bonus items
Omni Knight Blade
Raffle Ticket Shop Items

quote:

I can add transferring of Z-token items after any current bugs are worked out.
However, I think we should NOT allow level downgrading of Z-Token items.

Build it, test/bug hunt, further public bug squishing it, then add options that affect RL $ items after the bugs are worked out.
It's one thing if someone loses some gold it's another if tokens go poof.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 9/28/2016 20:58:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
9/28/2016 21:00:54   
Revofev

I have to agree with others here that it would be nice if we could transfer the Onniknight Blade and Kickstarter Items. Even if you move them around there's only 1 set of items per account + I was under the assumption originally that the Kickstarter items would be accessible account wide anyway.

< Message edited by Revofev -- 9/28/2016 21:03:32 >
Post #: 81
9/28/2016 21:36:13   
Dreiko Shadrack

All I know is I had 54400 tokens with 8 weapon slots in the vault and 54400 tokens at 30 weapon slots in the vault.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
9/28/2016 23:35:41   
popinloopy

Does the normal item upgrader also extend to the vault, or would I have to transfer items to my inventory to upgrade them? If so, could upgrading from vault be implemented? Great job btw, Cap. This is a great feature!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
9/28/2016 23:59:27   
Thor

quote:

I have to agree with others here that it would be nice if we could transfer the Onniknight Blade and Kickstarter Items. Even if you move them around there's only 1 set of items per account + I was under the assumption originally that the Kickstarter items would be accessible account wide anyway

This
AQ AQW  Post #: 84
9/29/2016 2:01:27   
Legendary Ash

With the option to downgrade, a new low level free character wanting to borrow an item from another to use for a certain amount of time would create an inevitable downward movement of item level, the original owner being unable to use it.

An account with at least one Guardian character can circumvent this problem with the upgrader prior to sending it to the vault for the free char to use it once again.

I think a one way movement is peculiar and does not reflect the intent of the vault to transfer items with level flexibility.
Since the downgrade option runs into the same problem of giving free chars an G version of an item, albeit unable to be used in battle, there is little reason not to allow chars who purchased a vault to have an upgrade option built in.

Free chars won't be stripping Guardians their upgrader exclusiveness without a price as the tokens paid amounts to real money.
AQ  Post #: 85
9/29/2016 8:44:30   
Zippleclopper

Thanks for implementing this Captain, this is actually much sooner than I have expected. I am sure a lot of people are very happy with this feature.

From what I can see in the vault, it says house items can be stored into the vault but when I go to Zardnado(which is a house item I believe) the 'Put into Shared Vault' button didn't appear for me to click on. Is it suppose to be like this?

Is there a way to change the name of the vault? Right now mine is called "My Vault"

While this feature made a lot of people really happy, I feel that there are actually some problems/flaws in it. I would like to go more in depth regarding it but currently I don't really have the time for it so I might do it some other time.

As above has stated, one problem is that adventurer/low level characters being able to upgrade their items without spending gold/requiring guardian. An adventurer/low level char can just put the item which is needed to be upgraded into the vault and take it out to the main level 150 acc, upgrade it then place it to the vault again, ready to be taken out and used by the other character.

While gold is pretty easy to obtain at level 150, it isn't that easy at levels below that. I don't know if it is fine or not but maybe it sort of defeats the purpose of grinding for gold to upgrade items at lower levels.

Adventurers can also upgrade their items this way without guardianship, which means there is one less benefit of being a guardian.
Post #: 86
9/29/2016 8:53:16   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ Token item transfer has not been turned on yet.

When making a vault there was the option to change the name, Capt. will work on after the fact name changing.

Guardian accounts are probably going to get access to the upgrader as is not just the guardian itself. It will be a feature for the account not just the characters, it would be an account wide single time incentive.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
9/29/2016 9:33:32   
Zippleclopper

Wow, I totally forgot that Zardnado is Z-tokens.

I know that the name of the vault can be changed before making it but I didn't do so because I thought it can still be changed after that. Well, at least I can still change it when the name changing feature is implemented.

quote:

Guardian accounts are probably going to get access to the upgrader as is not just the guardian itself. It will be a feature for the account not just the characters, it would be an account wide single time incentive.

I guess you are right but before this vault is a thing, adventurers cannot upgrade their items even if another character in the same account is guardian. Now it is possible because now items can be transferred. If it is available to guardian accounts, why wouldn't adventurers be able to upgrade items initially even without transferring it?

quote:

While gold is pretty easy to obtain at level 150, it isn't that easy at levels below that. I don't know if it is fine or not but maybe it sort of defeats the purpose of grinding for gold to upgrade items at lower levels.

This is also another problem, which I have stated in my previous post.
Post #: 88
9/29/2016 9:59:06   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Sorry I am not sure what you are saying about upgrading items.

Previously it was only available to guardian characters. Eventually this will probably be extended to the entire account so long as there is at least 1 guardian on it. Till that is done yes you can circumvent the free player lack of upgrading by transferring the item over the the guardian, upgrading and then sending it back.

If you are asking why it hasn't been added yet? The answer would be "one step at a time". Capt. can only work on so much at once
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
9/29/2016 10:06:39   
RMC

The Shared vault is amazing, glad it's so cheap too.

Only thing i'm kinda annoyed about is that I can't buy Alance again since my shop for it never got unlocked after the offer to swap the dunamis pet with another 20K package item.
AQ  Post #: 90
9/29/2016 15:38:21   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

The transferring does make it easier on your low-level characters.

Think of your set of characters as a 'party' in a typical role-playing game.
You can share items as needed, and help out your lowbies.
Only need to grind hard on your main character at the beginning, and then relax on the others, and have fun. (games should be fun right? not work)

By the way.... I've always wanted to make a special map in AQ to work like a final fantasy or fire emblem like interface to the game, so that you could swap chars in an adventure to battle on a tactical map.
AQ allows playing your chars at the same time in separate windows...

And I just updated the shop system. You can store Omniblades now.
Storing Z-Tokens should be working next week.
Need to make sure there are no more bugs first.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
9/29/2016 16:02:20   
honest_benjamin

If there are now vaults in AQ, does that mean nuclear warfare is coming as well? If so are these vaults supposed to keep people safe or are they for sociological and scientific experiments? What sort of provisions are they stocked with?
Post #: 92
9/29/2016 16:20:33   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

Nuclear warfare has always been a possibility. We're just better prepared now.

The vaults are privately-owned, so it's up to the owner. Mine is stacked with enough food supplies to survive a nuclear winter.
AQ  Post #: 93
9/29/2016 16:39:24   
Kay Oh

That's a nice stash of ice cream you got there. You know, if a nuclear warfare was to happen, I will do whatever I can to survive. It just so happens that my fav food is ice cream too, wasn't a good idea to expose your goods to the world. Just hope that I dont encounter you ;]
Oh wait, you're an admin and you can spawn more? More ice cream for me :D
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 94
9/29/2016 16:43:03   
afterlifex
Legend-X

@IMR Luckily you have no guards in your vault so it's free to take.

*waits for it to be filled with void nightbanes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
9/29/2016 17:12:09   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

By the way.... I've always wanted to make a special map in AQ to work like a final fantasy or fire emblem like interface to the game, so that you could swap chars in an adventure to battle on a tactical map.

Sounds fun! Btw Captain, is there any chance you can add more characters to an account? It seems five characters isn't sufficient for me, and I don't reaally want to create a new account. So 6 or 7 chars per account?
quote:

If there are now vaults in AQ, does that mean nuclear warfare is coming as well? If so are these vaults supposed to keep people safe or are they for sociological and scientific experiments? What sort of provisions are they stocked with?

Doesn't Nuclear Warfare already exist in AQ though? In all fairness, I'd prefer Gringots to store my stuff, but this'll have to do for the timebeing.

quote:

The vaults are privately-owned, so it's up to the owner. Mine is stacked with enough food supplies to survive a nuclear winter.

Note to self, RAID IMR'S VAULT FOR SUPPLY OF ICE-CREAM!

I have to admit though, this has to be my favourite update this year given how i've managed to upgrade so many aspects of my other characters while getting some dust of equipment that hasn't been used in AGES. Thanks to Capn Rhubarb and the rest of the AQ staff for this.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
9/29/2016 18:18:28   
Brasca123

@Cap'n. Oh, this idea of a tactical map is really nice! I'd love to see that!

@IMR. I... I think I've seen heaven... Praise be to IMR, holder of all Ice Cream in the universe, may the Helix bless your soul.
AQ DF  Post #: 97
9/29/2016 22:01:01   
Spy

quote:

That would be really cool! It would be great if we could use Paxia as the battleground.
AQ AQW  Post #: 98
9/29/2016 23:58:08   
::Raist::

This update is incredible! Thank you Cap'n and the AQ Team! Now I can let my alts play around with some fun lower-leveled holiday gear. My ranger will get some fun use out of the Bee Bee Gun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
9/30/2016 0:50:07   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

I think the best is that I can clear my older rares off of my main, finally, and give them to my secondary for storage. Especially those that aren't really worth using except in very special circumstances. Of course, once ztoken items can be transferred I'll be moving them over to the secondary as well to buy a larger house for more ztoken income and storage. Having two Derens will definitely help out. Getting a tertiary character might be a good idea once I have enough of a surplus. Then the leveling will begin in earnest.

A part of me wishes that this will be a step towards raiding another player's house and having the option to buy items in their storage. Sure, IMR doesn't want people to get Fruitcake Brick's now, but the dream will live.
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Shared Vault
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition