Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Shared Vault

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Shared Vault
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2016 5:08:22   
Keeper of the Owls

Rhubarb you are a true miracle worker. Now all we need is item trading/player shops and life in AQ will be complete.
AQ AQW  Post #: 101
9/30/2016 5:31:04   
Shiba

@Weatherseed: pretty sure the vault won't work that way. It's rather:

1. Character X buys Z-token item and places it in vault;
2. Character Y takes Z-token item out of the vault and sells it;
3. Character Y loses the Z-token item and Character X gets back the (50%/90% sellback) Z-tokens.
AQ  Post #: 102
9/30/2016 13:54:25   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

@Shiba That's the current plan.

Character X bought the Tokens, and needs to show in its record a log of buying/selling the Z-Token item.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
9/30/2016 14:18:36   
Dreiko Shadrack

Hm, QoL addition perhaps...could the downgrader/upgrader be made to work with the items inside the vault?

Edit: it perhaps assumes the vault is a level 150 "player" to determine how much the items can be upgraded?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
9/30/2016 14:35:53   
Kay Oh

@Captain Rhubarb Please address your plans on account merging. Will it be happening?

@Dreiko +1 on the upgrader working on items already in vault storage. Had a bit of an annoyance with that myself.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 105
9/30/2016 15:53:57   
Immortal God

Well this is nice. Now I can make a mage character without feeling like my mage character can't use all of the past items missed.

Wait what happens if I move both the poe guest and poe pet?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 106
9/30/2016 16:11:37   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

Problem with Upgrading items that are inside the Vault,
is which character should the Gold cost come from to pay for the Upgrade?

I guess I could add a char chooser for that...

if you give a mouse a cookie...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
9/30/2016 16:13:59   
Legendary Ash

Whichever character is currently logged on to access vault menu should be paying for the upgrade.
AQ  Post #: 108
9/30/2016 16:14:03   
Dreiko Shadrack

Sorry, captain! It's just a minor niggle anyways. ^^;

Edit: Ash, there's no character logged in when using the upgraders, you do it outside of the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
9/30/2016 16:15:02   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Nice update Captain Rhubarb, you truely can work miracles with AQ. Not much use to me as I only have 1 character but I know many rare collectors and long term players will be praising your name for years to come (again).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
9/30/2016 16:15:21   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Choosing the char could work!

Also Cap'n, can we have more characters added per account or will that number be fixed to 5?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 111
9/30/2016 16:59:59   
afterlifex
Legend-X

quote:

if you give a mouse a cookie...

The world comes to an end, don't give a mouse a cookie.

World ending rats aside....being able to upgrade without moving the item over fully is a step saver. Mostly it's a stop gap till adventurers(on a guardian account) get access to the upgrader. Thou there would still be odd tiers that couldn't be pulled out like guardian items by adventurers.

Capt. Are there still plans for the upgrader to be account wide and not just guardian character?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
9/30/2016 19:02:45   
Heroes of the Scape

Thanks to this I was able to get Dunamis to my Pure Warrior! This thing rocks!
AQ  Post #: 113
9/30/2016 19:25:56   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

@afterlifex
Originally the main reason for limiting upgrading to only Guardians, is that we have a few "Guardian Only" gear items that are in the middle of non-Guardian Item tiers.
Makes it very weird to upgrade from Adv -> Adv -> Guardian -> Adv -> Adv -> Guardian, if the upgrader is a non-Guardian.

If we could remove those middle tier Guardians from the chain that'll help solve the issue.
Make two separate chains:
Adv -> Adv -----> Adv -> Adv
Guardian ---------> Guardian

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
9/30/2016 21:15:29   
Legendary Ash

Doesn't the downgrader run into the same problem of giving a Adv a Guardian only gear if its in the middle of Adv tiers.
Since the Adv can't use the item, the only value it has is for show that one has a red coloured item in their char page.
AQ  Post #: 115
10/1/2016 4:11:01   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

Fixing the chain, fixes it in both directions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
10/1/2016 13:59:29   
Lord Noonien Soong

quote:

item trading/

pls no.

Though this is a really great vault system you added in, Cap'n. I really enjoy it. Now work on my secondary can commence
DF  Post #: 117
10/1/2016 22:31:40   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

Just reposting this from the Bugs forum for Cap'n:
quote:

ORIGINAL: big E

Um... is this the right thread for a bug with the Item Downgrader?

Anyway see my post here. When a weapon has two possible options - lower its level, or change to a different type, it changes the type even when you clearly select to change the level.

For example, Holiday Colossus 135 can be changed either to HC 130 or to Arcane HC 135. I pick the former. I still end up with AHC 135. AHC can't then be swapped back to HC without paying for it in the upgrader, and when I do this the process repeats. Can't seem to get a lower version of (Melee) HC at all.

EDIT: Okay... even more ridiculous situation going on with the Comet/Cupid/Dasher series. I have Comet 145 which I'd like to downgrade. I ask for Comet 135, I instead get Dasher 145. Turn that into Cupid 145. Ask for my Comet 145 back, get... Cupid 135?? Which I then have to spend 11M to upgrade back to 145, only to have to upgrade (again paying Gold, since downgrading doesn't work) to get back where I started with Comet 145.

So, not only impossible to get a lower levelled Comet, but I've now also lost around 40M Gold finding that out by trial and error.

Character ID 77892485, if it matters. Not expecting my Gold back, but would definitely appreciate a fix soon.[/code]
AQ  Post #: 118
10/2/2016 5:55:29   
Relinfearous

^ I believe it was already addressed on page 3.
AQ  Post #: 119
10/3/2016 1:49:23   
Falsetto

GARAGE SPACE, GLORIOUS GARAGE SPACE FOR ALL OF MY BOXES

Great update, significant update. The item sharing is a great feature, and that's not even counting the extra room afforded to you.
AQ  Post #: 120
10/3/2016 3:53:22   
poopbum

Named my vault "My Nutshack".

Wow just wow.... just when I thought this year for AQ couldn't get any better. Many thanks Captain! ^^
AQ  Post #: 121
10/3/2016 6:51:55   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Have I died?
Is this heaven?
What is this news I hear, a vault for AQ?

Praise be to thy name, Cap'n! You are awesome. I wish I could say more, but... I can not. I am too busy squealing like a five-year old girl with a giant plushed bear.
Post #: 122
10/3/2016 6:55:33   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

item trading/

YES! ESPECIALLY IF DETAILS CAN BE IRONED OUT REGARDING SECURITY!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 123
10/3/2016 9:09:32   
battlesiege15

Haven't had a chance to use this but I have a tertiary and quaternary character on the same account as my primary and even though the two of them are fairly low leveled, they are swimming in tokens from all the log in challenges and have a bunch of storage space. Guess I'll send all my items that I can to them! I'm running out of space on my main anyways so this helps
AQ AQW  Post #: 124
10/3/2016 20:16:51   
Ironclad

If I had more than one badass, this would be great.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Shared Vault
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition