Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

xelessarx's Horrible Art Gallery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> xelessarx's Horrible Art Gallery
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/16/2016 15:44:03   
xelessarx

Here I will share my horrible sketchs and art. Maybe this can help me draw a little bit less horrible in the future :)
Post #: 1
11/16/2016 15:50:11   
xelessarx

Death's Mare Disguised Behind the Mask of Cuteness

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/16/2016 18:30:38 >
Post #: 2
11/16/2016 16:48:30   
xelessarx

Pandorina the Elemental Spirits of Protist Colony

I wish I had a yellow pen...

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/16/2016 18:29:45 >
Post #: 3
11/16/2016 20:52:11   
Shiny_Underpants

Firstly;
Bahaaaahahaaa! Ha. ha.
Ok, I'm done.

Good concept for (the?) Pandorina, even if the faces are a little simplistic.
Death's mare (probably) wouldn't allow the mask of cuteness to cover two of her three eyes. It also makes it appear as though the single uncovered eye is the main one- which disrupts the proportions slightly. When drawing faces, the visible details have to imply the less noticeable ones- eyes and eyebrows should imply the brow line, even if the picture isn't shaded (this rule applies to humans and horses, and, for that matter, all creatures with skulls).
Then again, since it is relatively cartoony, you can get away with a less realistic look.

For eyes, try drawing a brow line that covers the region in which the brow changes the most (for humans that is where the eyebrow is)
I would also recommend drawing a line of symmetry, and using it as a guideline- faces in profile are always very hard to get right (although the horsey isn't bad).

Keep up with the awesome concepts!
Post #: 4
11/17/2016 5:04:47   
xelessarx

Thanks for the feedback Shiny!

I tried to apply your suggestion about the eyebrow in this one (couldn't manage to do it properly tho, esp. because I am terrible at shading, I decided not to do any shading in the end.) As for Pandorina, I just wanted to keep that as simple as I could :D

The next one is my fanonical imagination of a character from DF's lore.

the Great Wind Dragon Unqaerin

While this lady can seem quite serene, she is actually quite hot tempered. With a wrong sentence against her, you can turn the sweet breeze into a devastating storm.
Post #: 5
11/18/2016 14:36:48   
xelessarx

Today I tried to draw a map (?) to expand some more over my fanon of Unqaerin and Lore (And to put that annoying bunch of ideas out of my head into a paper. Do you need inspiration? It comes when it is needed least (aka the year I must be studying hard))... It took me 5 mins and it is again, quite bad that it shows how untalented I am in coloring.

Howling Islands

Located at somewhere on the east of Deadlands, these sharp mountains pierce the ocean and reach unimaginable heights. While the nature of these landforms are unknown to their residents, the once known islands seem to be forgotten by any other Lorians now.

The islands are located in the middle of a huge fog mass, which is caused by the crossing hot and cold ocean streams. However, the fog is generally dispersed around the islands, because of the constant blowing of the strong wind.

There are countable number of species living on the islands and their skins are nearly as hard and thick as an armor so that they can endure the harsh, ever-blowing wind. The species generally feed on the endemic mountain grasses and fruits. The carnivours usually prefer fish over the thick skinned animals of the island. There are also little settlements of Wind Giants scattered on the islands.

In the very middle of the islands, the tallest of the mountains take place. A lair near the very peak of the mountain is nestled by the Great Wind Dragon Unqaerin herself.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/21/2016 5:04:42 >
Post #: 6
11/20/2016 12:32:00   
xelessarx

I have always dreamt of drawing Jaania's Thorns one day. And that day was... Today!

The details of their work was astonishing and hard to handle. I have spent hours and hours on all those little details and finally, I managed to create a beautiful work of them! Here they are!:

Jaania's Thorns

Every rose has its thorns. But once Jaania did not.

This, is the reason Jaania never shows her whole legs! The only way of getting rid of this frightening curse is to end the magic completely! And Jaania is determined to do so, so that she can show off her legs freely once again!

"Whatever it takes..."

P.S.: I believe that you all can empathize with her now.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/20/2016 12:36:01 >
Post #: 7
11/21/2016 5:00:51   
xelessarx

Here is another Great Elemental Dragon and a little info about a place on Lore from my fanfic drafts.

the Great Earth Dragon Athonos

Athonos' lair is on far south of the Land of Dragons, beyond Kaer Sierra. The reigon is called "Barren Lands" because of the drought that overwhelms the whole region. Athonos lives inside the enormous Mountain Kholm, which is close to Dragontooth Isle and on the southern part of Barren Lands.

His hobbies are collecting treasures, being worshipped by the locals and of course, sleeping like a rock.

ZzZzZzZzzzz...

Some say that his drowsiness and indifference are actually just a trickery. Who knows? We ordinary people can not understand the subtlety of the Game of Great Dragons.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/21/2016 5:01:30 >
Post #: 8
11/21/2016 20:05:57   
Vonix

What the... okay, later i'll fanart this Pandorina.

Wow, hours on a leg? Legs usually takes 5-10 minutes. Nice by the way. Headcannon accepted.

The dragons are nice and you do have creativity, but i think the wind dragon's design is, let's say, different. It looks more like a moon dragon or a light one. I don't know, try making some curved horns like this and maybe with a little bit of patience it would rock.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
11/22/2016 0:58:15   
xelessarx

^Eheh I was just kidding with the Thorns. Ofc, it took no more than 5-10 minutes :D

About the wind dragon, that's what was in my head and I believe I like her that way. I didn't follow any archetypes for her and just drawed how I would like her to be. But I will keep your horns suggestion in my head and (if I can) I will implement them for another dragon. I was already planning to do curved horns for the Great Darkness Dragon, I can use the style of those antlers :D

And while drawing Unqaerin, I actually had the dilemma of making her a Dreams Dragon by hanging crescents and stars on her horns :D But I like what came out and the way her earrings(?) look like wind roses.

Thanks for your comment and your suggestion ^^

Some Plants From Howling Islands

These plants generally grow on the nooks of the mountains where the strong blowing of the wind can not harm them. Sheboea's and Chain Fruit's perforated structures also lets the wind flow through their hollows, not forcing their stems or petals. Windfinders have strong stems and they are told to be dancing with the breeze.

The flowers of Howling Islands, generally create lots of pollens to ensure the fertilisation.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/22/2016 1:00:21 >
Post #: 10
11/24/2016 15:47:33   
xelessarx

And now here is another dragon! I hate how the paper was so bad tho :(

the Great Energy Dragon Antecostrhea

Even the other Great Elemental Dragons, perhaps would agree that Antecostrhea is the best player of the Game of Dragons. She is told to be the slyest, the most unpredictable and the most clever of the Great Elemental Dragons. It is said that she is always miles ahead of her rivals. Sometimes, she decides what her rivals going to do and manipulates them to do it. Maybe because of the fear of being a puppet of hers, the other Great Elemental Dragons generally prefer staying away from Antecostrhea's games.

Antecostrhea's desire for power is quite well known among the other dragons and she always gets what she wants this or that way. She also has a huge collection of gems and treasures.

Her den is somewhere at Braughlmurk but the exact location is unknown.

There is a rumour that Antecostrhea knows an ancient technique to reach her foes quietly before assassinating them. But this still remains just as a myth.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 11/24/2016 16:19:27 >
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> xelessarx's Horrible Art Gallery
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition