Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What's That Whistling Noise?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> What's That Whistling Noise?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/18/2016 22:14:43   
Occavatra

What's That Whistling Noise?

Location: Thankstaking Storybook -> Chapter 11 -> Dr. Voltabolt -> Part 2
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: November 18th, 2016

Objective: Monsters are coming out of fruitcake bombs! What could be their source?
Objective completed: That was a piece of cake! Time to take the fight to Joules!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(8) Cranbatty
(4) Grape of Wrath
(4) Spineapple Slice
(1) Fruitcake Golem / (2) Fruitcake Golem - Boss

NPCs
Eric Greydawn
Gretel
Guardian Kain
Oak
Oishii
Voltabolt

Rewards
Chicken On A Stick (All Versions)
Sausagemancer's Delight (All Versions)
Seitan Sausage Stabber (All Versions)
Stake & Beans (All Versions)

Access to Whistling Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*Oak and Flask have returned the barrels they stole overnight back in front of the Falconreach Bakery, relieving you, Oishii, Gretel, and Eric Greydawn.*

<Character>: That's the last of the barrels!
Oak: I apologize for the disruption caused. Had we known we were disrupting your feast gathering, we would not have taken the job.
Gretel: Oh, don't worry your dimples, dearie. We've come to expect a bit of disruption at this time of year.
Gretel: You and your little sweetie here did a fine job of bringing all the juice back.

*Flask sinks even further down into his barrel with embarrassment.*

Oak: Ha, ha... You've embarrassed the lad.
Gretel: The little dear only gets sweeter when his cheeks and face go all red like that.
<Character>: ...You can tell his face is red?
Gretel: I may look old, but I still have good eyes, gingerbread.
Gretel: I grow plenty of carrots in my little garden at the back. And that's the sweetest vegetable there is.
<Character>: I...

<Character>: ... guess that makes sense.

*Dr. Voltabolt arrives, appearing concerned.*

Voltabolt: I haff fixed all my robotz, but zis is a dizazter! How vill ve get all ze foodz back from Joules?
Eric Greydawn: Declare war?
<Character>: No, I don't think that's the way to go...
Oishii: All we have to do is is follow the trail up—

*Oishii looks up at the sky as she hears a noise coming from above; her smile drops at once.*

Oishii: —to the armory and confront Joules right there.
Oishii: Everyone, take cover!!!

*A bunch of giant fruitcakes have been catapulted at the group; although everyone in the area is safe, the same cannot be said for their belongings that got damaged upon impact.*

Voltabolt: My Robotz!!
Gretel: My house!!
Oak: Our Barrels!!

*A defunct Tog-Bot lies still, crushed by the fruitcake that landed on it; you looked alarmed.*

<Character>: ...Fruitcake?
Guardian Kain: MONSTERS!!

*Twisted creatures made entirely of fruit begin to invade Falconreach within seconds.*

Oak: Looks like we are surrounded.
<Character>: I heard Guardian Kain. It sounds like he's at the east gates!
Eric Greydawn: Good. Let's fight our way through and face this enemy on OUR terms!

*You take off, battling the fruit around town as you head over to the eastern side of town to reach Guardian Kain; up on the wall, he looks down at his fellow guardians fighting the invaders with great worry; luckily for him, you, Eric, and Oak have arrived.*

<Character>: Guardian Kain!
Guardian Kain: <Character>? What a relief! Everything has gotten out of hand.
<Character>: We know. We had to fight our way through mobs of monsters WHILE we were getting rained on by... fruitcake. It's ridiculous.
<Character>: It's happening all over Falconreach!
Guardian Kain: Yes, and all of the Guardians are off fighting the monsters.
<Character>: What happened?
Guardian Kain: Have a look and see for yourself.

*Two fruitcake golems are seen on the ground level, staring up at the the walls.*

<Character>: Golems? How—

*The golems load the fruitcakes and fire; it turns out that they are the ones causing the fruitcakes to rain down on Falconreach.*

<Character>: ...Oh boy.
Guardian Kain: They're getting ready to launch another wave! Archers! Shoot them down!
Oak: Strange creatures... so that's how those monsters got inside the walls.
Eric Greydawn: We can help the Guardians by clearing a way to the gates. The Guardians can handle the rest of them.
Eric Greydawn: <Character>, those golems are the REAL issue. We need to stop them, and quickly... before this can further escalate.
<Character>: Right. I'm on my way. This will NOT turn into a full blown war on my watch!

*You hurry off the wall and run outside the eastern gate to face the fruitcake golems; you instantly realize that taking them down to slices will take a bit more work.*

<Character>: ...I hate catapults when I am not using them.

• Battle! - begins battle with Fruitcake Golem.
  • Extreme Battle! - begins battle with 2 Fruitcake Golem.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to Thankstaking Storybook.

*After you defeat the Fruitcake Golem(s), the quest is able to be completed.*

• Complete Quest
  • DC Loot Shop - opens Whistling Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • Stepping on a circular shadow will result in a fruitcake thrown at you, resulting in a severe subtraction of your HP; avoid the shadows to stay safe from the onslaught.

< Message edited by Jay -- 11/29/2019 23:55:31 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> What's That Whistling Noise?
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition