Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Winter 2016 Update - November 23,2016

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Winter 2016 Update - November 23,2016
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2016 12:23:52   
One Winged Angel1357

If the cost is there to prevent spamming retrains for a server strain reason then they could put a cool down or a match counter that includes PvE matches.

Otherwise I'm not really sure why it's so there other than it is a game that was made ten years ago so obviously has some old systems in it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/27/2016 20:24:32   
Mother1

@ Stonehawk

The adding of a bot with a human player? Not a good idea to be honest. In juggernaut having a human and a bot going up against a level 10X jug would be a slaugter for the person with the bot. For one the bot wouldn't be able to help the partner seeing as it's moves will be random just like the mechachild NPC I remember getting back in delta when the infernal war was going on. You might as well put a sign on the 2 vs 2 team saying "I am a punching bag" cause while one issue that happened with 2 vs 2 battles won't be present here (The bot attacking the wrong opponent) it still won't be able to heal you, give the person energy if needed, or any other planning based idea.

If anything if bots were to be used in the juggernaut mode it might as well be either 2 humans, or 2 bots this way it would be fair either way cause mixing them causes one side to suffer which is never a good thing.

As for the whole x10 thing itself, I have to ask what about lower level juggernants who can play the mode and win due to their opponents lacking the stats and skill points needed to stand up against them properly? The last thing the juggernaut at this level would need is a supercharge which in turn will make lower level players who get into the range of challenging a juggernaut afraid to play. At higher levels when the jug would normally be slaughtered I can see this working, but not at the lower levels for the reasons I mentioned.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/27/2016 20:25:05 >
Epic  Post #: 27
11/28/2016 14:54:51   
Front45

i do not understand. there will be 3x experience from wins? or there will be 2500 experience to get each rank instead of 7500 experience? i think 2nd is right

2 vs 2 and juggernaut balance ok, but what about 1 vs 1? underdog mode no helps and almost always winning high rank players. what is solution?

< Message edited by Front45 -- 11/28/2016 14:55:31 >
Post #: 28
11/28/2016 16:50:48   
Stonehawk

@Mother1

quote:

The adding of a bot with a human player? Not a good idea to be honest. In juggernaut having a human and a bot going up against a level 10X jug would be a slaugter for the person with the bot. For one the bot wouldn't be able to help the partner seeing as it's moves will be random just like the mechachild NPC I remember getting back in delta when the infernal war was going on. You might as well put a sign on the 2 vs 2 team saying "I am a punching bag" cause while one issue that happened with 2 vs 2 battles won't be present here (The bot attacking the wrong opponent) it still won't be able to heal you, give the person energy if needed, or any other planning based idea.

You can choose to fight with/against a bot just in case the search is too long. And bots don't need to be so weak or dumb. If you choose not to fight with bots in the game, just wait a bit more and players might appear (or not). Now, the only choice is to wait forever, which is the reason I suggested bots for those who prefer a Non-Player partner/opponent than no battle.

quote:

As for the whole x10 thing itself, I have to ask what about lower level juggernants who can play the mode and win due to their opponents lacking the stats and skill points needed to stand up against them properly? The last thing the juggernaut at this level would need is a supercharge which in turn will make lower level players who get into the range of challenging a juggernaut afraid to play. At higher levels when the jug would normally be slaughtered I can see this working, but not at the lower levels for the reasons I mentioned.

Don't forget the juggernaut and the opponents will be same or similar level (instead of 5-8 lvl difference), so they might both have the same number of skills, except the juggernaut will have a lot more health/energy.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/28/2016 17:17:42   
Xendran

So i just noticed this

quote:

This time, the #1 prize will be Nightwraith's own personal Founder Armor!

Why would the developers do something like this if they actually intend to revive the game?
That's what every new player wants to hear about this game that is trying to revive itself from the dead: that someday their rarest cosmetics given out for support in times of need is going to get given away later.

I can't fathom the thinking behind this, and the devs can't honestly think us players aren't going to warn new players to not buy things because of how the developers treat their promises...
You're sabotaging your own game by not caring about what your players think, and not being trustworthy.

You also inadvertently damage your parent company, Artix Entertainment.
I most definitely will not buy anything from Artix Entertainment that is listed as an Exclusive, because based on how things get handled in EpicDuel, there's no reason to think that the exclusivity claim is actually true.

Then combine this with the fact that it's tied to a money-based leaderboard.
Are you planning to revive the game inside of some AE-Bubble? Because this type of behavior in general is not gonna fly if you expose your game to Steam and /r/games.

--

Not being harsh to be mean.
Doing it because clearly somebody with power on the dev team has no idea what the gaming landscape is like in 2016, and doesn't seem to notice how it reflects badly on the company they are meant to represent, and create profit for.
Breeding distrust in a way that genuinely deserves it is not going to help you after people do the initial gifting push to attempt to get that founder armor.
You get your burst of gift purchases, and in exchange you just further kill the chances that anybody who doesn't already play this game will ever take your creation seriously.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 11/28/2016 17:25:27 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 30
11/28/2016 19:37:44   
Mother1

@ Xendran

Not the first time they gave away rare items that weren't supposed to be coming back ever. The first two years of gifting they gave out their personal Alpha gears advert they renamed the rares but you get what I am saying.

They also brought back older rares in the form of the Ebil corp armor (Gold item in the arcade)

3 old rare robots (Which were originally promised to be perma rare)

and even 'Accidently brought back the egg aux that was supposed to be a rare promo from gamma.

So to be honest seeing them using their old founder armor is no surprise to me after all that.

But still at least with the very first tournment (The golden yeti tourney) At least the grand item was 100% unique.
Epic  Post #: 31
11/29/2016 15:22:52   
The berserker killer

So two ideas, Founder Step Down and Removable cores, were not only labeled as impossible everytime they were suggested but detested by other players. Now that the devs are doing them they're suddenly "good ideas"? That's the primary problem with the playerbase, players are more focused on what the devs think is right than being their own person and expressing themselves. If players could be more expressive, chances are there will be a ton more creative ideas.

I would like to say GoldSlayer is correct though. These were changes that we were trying to have implemented for the past year. If they were implemented 6 months earlier, you guys would at least have a nice size player base to test it on. The only way to make this effective, with maximum efficiency, is to create a huge event first to bring players in and then drop it on them.

The key is to throw an event that would attract old players, realllll old players, as they are essentially the key to making this change effective.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 32
11/29/2016 15:37:37   
Gold Shock

quote:

Founder Step-Down
This feature request goes waaaaay back to the initial release of factions. With this feature, faction founders will be able to promote another faction member to become the new founder. The founder will be demoted to whatever status the promote player was. This feature has a multi-step confirmation process so it shouldn't be possible to "slip" and put a rando in charge of your prestigious faction.

Wouldn't something like this keep the faction more safe?
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/eddiy13/f3b0c26b-268d-48aa-8d04-6b1b001b4d46_zpsbklokbum.png

You won't be scared that maybe your co leader or for lack of better wording "X/O (Executive Officer)" might remove a member that u wanted to remain in the faction badly. You can limit their permission this way. I would assume the original founder can not be kicked.

I think this next mechanic should be included to:

- The founder even after leaving the faction still has the control over the faction , i.e he can take over the faction when ever he feels like . But the founder CANNOT join another faction , until he forfeits all of his control from the faction .

Image tags removed. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 11/29/2016 19:35:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/29/2016 16:19:34   
Stonehawk

By the way, when exactly is this big update coming? I just can't wait to see if the changes are going to at least similar to what I'm expecting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/29/2016 18:32:35   
One Winged Angel1357

Stonehawk sounds like it is going to be packaged in with the gifting update
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/29/2016 19:24:27   
  Exploding Penguin

@TBK:

I don't ever remember founder step-down or removable cores being detested by players. Sure, there will always be some players who oppose others' suggestions since that's the nature of opinions, but as far as I'm aware they were never unsupported by the majority.
Epic  Post #: 36
11/29/2016 19:57:40   
Andlu

quote:

making every game on this planet an AQW/AQ-like. *Cough* AQ3D *Cough*.
it's obvious why they do this
Why make a game on the ED world when it's not gonna be famous nor liked that much like the original? Reminding you, this is a company, not something trying to make specific people happy
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 37
11/29/2016 23:04:56   
SouL Prisoner

So does the 3x curve applies to legendary ranks too? Or just 1-40?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/30/2016 1:04:46   
Mother1

@soul prisoner

From what I was reading it only said to the level cap nothing about ranks sadly.
Epic  Post #: 39
11/30/2016 6:26:43   
Stonehawk

Ranks are supposed to be harder, since you are already maxed level. Just makes you need to fight more to be high-ranked. Ranks aren't supposed to make people stronger, they should be like Anchievements, which only shows that you play for a longer time, but somehow giving some non-PvP privileges.

By the way, I know this is not a balance topic but since they closed the winter balance suggestions' topic, I have an emergencial suggestion for winter 2016 update:

Cyber Hunter doesn't need Cheap Shot so I think Frenzy would go well, to make it in pair with TLM and Tech Mages that have 2 energy options and also giving them a health gaining skill too, since it is the only class that doesn't have it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/30/2016 14:09:01   
Mother1

@ Stonehawk

Having classes share moves in turn screw up the balance down the line when a shared move needs to be changed due one class being under/overpowered with it. This means that if TLM got too weak with this move but CH was just fine with it, the buff TLM would get would also give CH an unneeded buff and possibly OP them. If anything CH if it were to get a health gaining move should get a new one rather than an old shared one.
Epic  Post #: 41
11/30/2016 17:10:39   
Stonehawk

@Mother1

I know. But it already happens, just balance not shared skills. Hunter's multi for example belongs to a strong (BH) and a weak (CH) class. Artillery Strike belongs to a strong (TLM) and a weak (Merc) class.
I think Frenzy suits both classes well, if anything they would invert energy and health gain but it won't make CH weaker or stronger, still going to be OK. I don't think they would think of a brand new skill, that's why I think this idea is fine to revive CH in this update.

By the way, now talking about prices, I've been paying attention to games with different gameplay in which you have to wait to build constructions or troops or even to unlock chest with rewards (yeah I'm talking about some mobile games I've been playing for killing some time, lol) . And I noticed something: Updates make those games more dynamic and adds more ways to get rewards.

No, I'm not trying to be rich ASAP or something. But think about it:

EpicDuel is mostly about PvP. If you want to win more, you have to find a good build. If you want to find a good build, you got to try out all your ideas (copying is absolutely not fun, most player want to find a unique one, at least I do). To try your ideas, you need credits. If it's so hard to get credits, you can't retrain so much, so you can't test your ideas for a build and you can't find a good or fun build. Having the obligation to lose until you get credits to try again is really depressing, so people prefer to copy something that works (which is absolutely not fun). This is one of the reasons successful builds are so much copied and also the reason so many people give up (as I did): It's TOO expensive to retrain!

If I'm here again, it's because I'm hoping for this update to be successful. And I can't wait for it!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/1/2016 2:58:59   
Actual

Wow, talk about memory lane, I somehow remembered my login for these forums. Haven't played in 2 years after I gave my account away.

I see the game is still clinging onto life which is insane that it has, this game actually got me out of playing WoW when it was released believe it or not. Back when every single server was full. Shame, but flash games really don't have a peg to stand on anymore, sure as a kid this game was cool but they didn't do anything to help revive it. Such as how RuneScape brought an OSRS server and a RS3 server as well. If EpicDuel would have implemented this like 1-2 years ago with a Gamma server or something of the sort, it would still be lively.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/1/2016 5:55:33   
SouL Prisoner

and here i was hoping that they would get rid of ranks :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/1/2016 11:48:45   
Stonehawk

Problem is not RANKS, problem is what ranks do!!!! Getting rid of something so expensive and hard to reach would make even more people leave the game.

Anyway, is update really going to be today?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Winter 2016 Update - November 23,2016
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition