Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sibling Rivalry

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sibling Rivalry
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2016 22:45:08   
Occavatra

Sibling Rivalry

Location: Thankstaking Storybook -> Chapter 11 -> Dr. Voltabolt -> Finale
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: November 24th, 2016

Objective: Joules is at it again. Head to the Armory and deal with Joules so Thankstaking can be enjoyed.
Objective completed: Thanks to Eric and the Barrel Chested Men, Thankstaking is saved this year! Whatever Joules tries in the future, we'll be ready. Happy Thankstaking!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(8) Cranbatty
(12) Fruitcake Golem
(6) Grape of Wrath
(9) Spineapple Slice
(1) Food Golem - Boss

NPCs
Eric Greydawn
Gretel
Joules
Oak
Oishii
Tog

Rewards
Gold-Plated Frying Pan (All Versions)
Gold-Plated Steak Knife (All Versions)
Gold-Plated Super Spoon (All Versions)

Access to Thankstaking Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*You head for the woods as you look for the armory near Falconreach, taking a break for a brief moment; the strange tog you previously met in the makeshift barrel village approaches you.*

Tog: Those golems came from an armory. I can smell the scent and the direction they took...
Tog: Unfortunately, because of those golems, fruitcake is about ALL I can smell.
Tog: Not a bad smell, mind you. What's that proverb? Feed a dragon, starve a hulking undead dracolich fortress.
<Character>: ...
<Character>: Did you just talk to me?
Tog: Of course not. Everyone knows Togs can't talk.

*The tog runs off and there you are, still standing as if it had not approached you.*

*Eric Greydawn and Oak have now caught up to you.*

Eric Greydawn: How much farther is it to the armory?
Oak: Not far. By Iron Band's directions, only about a couple of miles from where Falconreach is.

*Suspicious of your surroundings, you look in every general direction and turn to the duo behind you.*

<Character>: Do any of you feel like it's too quiet around here?

*Suddenly, as if by coincidence, an army of food monsters comes out to prevent you from reaching the armory, causing Oak to panic.*

Oak: Monster Ambush!
<Character>: I'm all over it!

• Battle!
  • Run Away! - returns to Thankstaking Storybook.

*After battling a gauntlet of food monsters, you conclude there's no sign of them letting up.*

<Character>: They're still coming. There's a LOT of these things.
    Oak: We're going to have to shut down the source or they'll keep coming, I'm afraid.
    Eric Greydawn: <Character>, I'll clear a way for you to move. You know where the armory is. See if you can't get there and shut the source down.
    <Character>: Good. You protect the people of Falconreach. I'll get moving. Just clear a path if you can.
    Eric Greydawn: Get ready...

*Eric takes a deep breath and pushes his arms out toward the army of food monsters to unleash an incredibly fiery wind to blow it away swiftly; he kneels on the ground shortly afterwards.*

Eric Greydawn: Ugh...

Eric Greydawn: Go... now... quickly!
    <Character>: Was that magic?
    Eric Greydawn: No...

*Although you wondered what granted Eric his power, you quickly step inside the armory where you encounter a squadron of food golems patrolling each room; you enter a room with a giant conveyor belt where you finally encounter Joules.*

<Character>: Ok, Joules. Where's the rest of the food?
    Joules: You'll see soon enough.
    <Character>: Why? Why on Lore are you doing this?
    Joules: Because of my soft headed brother. He's ALWAYS been the reason I do what I do.
    Joules: Honestly, I think it's great that my loser brother has loser friends who will stand up for him. He was right about one thing though.
    Joules: This feast of excess needs to end. All you people do is sit around and stuff yourselves silly.
    <Character>: Well you know, isn't that what you do with family and friends? I mean, Thankstaking is about being together with family and friends.
    <Character>: I'm not a professional therapist, but aren't you just ruining the chance for everyone to have a good time? We just had a harvest.
    <Character>: We have MORE food at this time of year than we have at any so rather than waste it, we have a great feast and celebrate our good fortune.
    <Character>: Why not share it, celebrate the joy of the season and have fun? And can't Voltabolt be a part of that too?
    Joules: ...Therapist?
    <Character>: It's... Well, you know... A doctor... for people and stuff.
    Joules: Oh. You mean more science...

Joules: Nice try, but I'm not buying it.
    <Character>: It's not-
    Joules: Enough talk! It's time for you to meet my newest creation!

*A giant humanoid golem made entirely out of other types of food ferociously jumps at you, coming between you and Joules.*

Joules: Messing with food is my brother's thing, but as always he messes things up, I'll show you how it's really done!

• Battle! - begins battle with Food Golem.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to Thankstaking Storybook.

*After you have defeated the golem and reclaimed the food that comprised it, Joules is impressed.*

Joules: Good. Well done. I wanted to see how you would handle that. This gives me a few ideas for next year.
    <Character>: Next year? This ends NOW!

*You viciously attack Joules, but to no effect; it turns out that she was communicating with you through a hologram the whole time.*

Joules: Did you think I would make it THAT easy?

*You are speechless, and Joules laughs.*

Joules: You're just seeing a projection, you silly hero. I'm not about to risk facing you yet.
    Joules: I just needed a good test of your abilities, so I would know your weaknesses.
    Joules: Sadly, you don't have any in a straight up fight, but it's ok. I know what to do next year.

*The hologram disappears as Joules chuckles menacingly, leaving you angry and disappointed that you did not catch Joules, however, you did not come all this way for nothing.*

<Character>: I'd better get all this food back. I'm not sure how much can be salvaged, but I've got to try anyway.

*Meanwhile, back in Falconreach, Gretel and Oishii are outside the bakery seemingly conversing with each other when you arrive back with the food.*

<Character>: I brought the food back...
    <Character>: ... but some of it is kind of... mutilated.

*You've carried the feast all the way back to the Falconreach Bakery in a wagon.*

<Character>: It may or may not have been damaged by me in some way... while it was trying to eat me.

*You look both in front of and behind you, surprised that the fruitcake that was catapulted into Falconreach had disappeared.*

<Character>: Where's all the fruitcake?
    Oishii: Twig.

Oishii: I honestly don't know where he puts it.
    Gretel: Just take it into the kitchen, dearie. All it will take is a little kitchen magic, and everything will be right as rain.

• Complete Quest
  • DC Loot Shop - opens Thankstaking Loot for DCs shop.

< Message edited by Jay -- 11/30/2019 0:32:52 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sibling Rivalry
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition