Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Grand Escape interest check

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Grand Escape interest check
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2016 5:41:26   
Starstruck

Here's an idea I've been tossing around for a while. It's a more classic D&D style campaign, with a group of adventurers and a clear, well-defined objective.

You play a character who has been imprisoned in the dungeons of the Duchy of Malediction. Over the course of years, you secretly meet with and arrange an escape with the other prisoners in the dungeon. The RP starts on the day of the Grand Escape, and chronicles your journey through the heavily guarded and well-trapped dungeons until you reach sweet freedom.

You will need to pass through 4 rooms to reach the outside, each more creative and dangerous than the last. The first room catches you off guard, the second room gives entertainment to the Duke, the third room is a labyrinthian puzzle, and the final room is intended to be impossible to progress through. These are your hints, written on a slip of paper you found buried in the courtyard.

Keep your wits about you and ask lots of questions OOC, and you might make it out alive! Muahahaha.

I'm gonna need at least 3 people to signal interest before I create the OOC. This isn't much of a time commitment, but it will be an effort commitment; I'll need you to check often and post when you need to, even if you post something bare-bones just to keep the story rolling. If you aren't okay with sacrificing quality for quantity, this RP is Probably Not For You (but I guess give it a try? You might feel less pressure to create a perfect post?).

Quick and fun. That's the name of the game here :)
DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/30/2016 19:38:37   
Starstruck

I've had 2 players give me interest privately. The purpose of this thread is to let people know, publicly, that there is interest in an active and short RP. :)
DF MQ  Post #: 2
12/1/2016 1:26:51   
karkas132

Ill state it publicly no problem boss, Im definitely interested ^^
Post #: 3
12/2/2016 11:38:08   
Kooroo

Public display of interest, ho.

Something I've been meaning to raise, however. How exactly is this going to be DnDish?
You're not going to bring in the RNG and make us roll for things, I hope.

I've had enough through Wizard Poker, thank you very much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/2/2016 15:46:03   
Starstruck

Similar to When Heroes Fail (or one of Ronin's way back when that I can't remember the name of), I will be "DM"ing your progress through the rooms, setting the situations and providing responses to your actions. Everything else will be RPd.

The goal is to not require any DM approval to post; each room's puzzle will be solved its own way, with the exception of the 3rd room which will be handled over an as-yet-unnamed IRC client (it's a maze so it'll be mostly you naming directions while I say "There are exits to the east and west.")
DF MQ  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Grand Escape interest check
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition