Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Juggernaut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Juggernaut
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2016 10:29:38   
SouL Prisoner

All i see is false hope. It's best if you just focus on something else and move on. Many players did, even dev's did. Save those ideas and hope for maybe ED mobile version?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/17/2016 12:11:57   
nowras

All of you ignored my suggestion. And I do guess you did that because you were either busy or you didn't see it.
I'll be pasting it again here. The suggestion is a simple fix for juggernaut.
"Since Juggernaut is now so easy for level 40s, it can bring a lot of players to bot this mode as Machaar said. It's also so repetitive which means, after a small period of time, people will quit this mode.
Another thing is that 2v2 is dead for low level players. A simple fix is to make the NPCs' AI way better, and here's how to make it better:

1- Add poison grenades to the NPCs in juggernaut only.

2- Add energy draining skills to them in juggernaut only.

3- Lower their HP, increase their strength.

4- All NPCs in juggernaut should be equipped with Azrael's will core as well.

These changes above weren't changes to the AI but to their build. But since these changes are needed to improve the NPCs AI, which I'll suggest now, I listed them under "Better AI."

Real AI changes:

1- When either the NPC or player are poisoned, heal.

2- When taking a massive damage in one shot (400+), even if the health of the NPC or the player is not critical, heal.

3- The priority of healing goes to the player.

4- When your partner is forced to strike, force back.

5- When opponent heals, poison.

6- When opponent drain's energy, drain back. In case of energy parasite, if the NPC is being drained, drain back after 2 turns if the opponent's energy is more than 149.

7- When opponent uses Battery Back Up or Generator or Piston to recover more than 200 energy, drain."

< Message edited by nowras -- 12/17/2016 12:12:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/17/2016 16:43:05   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Save those ideas and hope for maybe ED mobile version?

My idea is close Epicduel, and put it to rest.
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
12/17/2016 21:46:20   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

My idea is close Epicduel, and put it to rest.

I guess you have no control over yourself and cannot quit unless you have no choice. You're an official ED addict.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/18/2016 2:53:26   
Lord Machaar

It's more like caring for something you used to like, and wouldn't want that thing to turn bad. Well, in the end, not everyone received love/care from their parents, so we can't expect them to do that in return. You proved that you are a caring person by saying the "Game is getting better" when you enjoy farming mid-level players getting matched with dumb NPCs.

As for quitting, I already have quitted the game for 2 years, so to me, that isn't really a big problem.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/18/2016 6:15:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 30
12/18/2016 4:37:09   
8x

You die a hero or you live long enough to become AQW, eh?
Epic  Post #: 31
12/18/2016 6:53:30   
Stonehawk

Most simple fix to juggernaut and 2 vs 2:
1- Juggernaut should have at least one player or if there isn't just count as a NPC win.
2- make unique AI. (sorry what's the meaning of AI anyway?) They should have stats and skills similar to normal players. Higher defense and attack, lower health.
3- making this new npcs change might fix 2 vs 2 aswell.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/18/2016 7:35:42   
SouL Prisoner

"Artificial Intelligence" Pufff... sure.

1. Basically keep waiting for eternity. No matter what you guys says, the player base has definitely increased(for better or the worst) since the new fix.
3. AI is AI, not human I. At least for now. And plus for that kind of detailed programming it takes a lot of time. Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/18/2016 7:39:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/18/2016 7:42:18   
Stonehawk

Thanks Soul! By the way, I know NPCs aren't human but I think it's not hard to make them able to hit more than 30 and have better defense also.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/18/2016 7:50:19   
SouL Prisoner

If you guys want a challenge that bad, maybe they can add different challenge modes .... or you can just not heal or not equip all weapons. That should be enough challenging huh?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/18/2016 12:20:37   
Lord Machaar

^ We can do that after you reach all time leaderboards. Since you are 200 "NPC" wins away from it, and since you are so desperate to reach them, we can give you few time to farm NPCs in juggs.
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
12/18/2016 21:52:55   
SouL Prisoner

^lol thnx for reminding. I was actually playing to complete that 600 wins mission. Anyway we all fight for our own interest, you don't have to be so sarcastically mean.

When the jugg mode came out it was no different than it's now. ConQrR has 30k+ wins(with 95% win ration) for a reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/18/2016 22:06:19   
ambien

the way to fix the the juggs is that the juggernaut should never skip a turn unless by weapon core. so it would go the one of them goes jugg then goes an then other then the jugg then the other one so forth an so forth, it would fix the juggernaut an it would still be 2v1.

my thoughts on this always the syfy
Post #: 38
12/18/2016 22:51:17   
Qwerty Again

I think they should just give everyone 1000 free wins

< Message edited by Qwerty Again -- 12/18/2016 23:05:27 >
Post #: 39
12/18/2016 23:38:37   
.Lord Ginger.

That's what Juggernaut is
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/19/2016 15:50:24   
Lord Machaar

quote:

^lol thnx for reminding. I was actually playing to complete that 600 wins mission. Anyway we all fight for our own interest, you don't have to be so sarcastically mean.

Who looks for interest in a game on its deathbed. The game is dying, let it die peacfully rather than screwing its legacy. If they gonna balance it right, then be it, even if they delete everything and make level cap 25, hence the current playerbase will fit perfectly for this new level cap, but in the end, it would say a PVP game. Rather than turn it into an AQW 2.0 for "own interest".
MQ Epic  Post #: 41
12/20/2016 0:47:23   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Who looks for interest in a game on its deathbed.
How about you? Anything you want is your interest, doesn't matter what as long as you wish to have it.
And stop taking out your frustration on me. It's not like i made the changes. And the only person here who is not letting go is you. Just you. Accept the changes and move on if you really want the game to die "peacefully".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/20/2016 1:30:17   
Lord Machaar

Some people on their deathbed wish to die instantly from all the suffering, that's ED right now.

I won't accept these changes, because if I did, you would find me playing AQW by now. As an ED player, I like to stand for ED's origins "Player Vs Player online battles" even if there are 20 levels and 50 players on. I wouldn't want the devs to mess them up just to delude gifters. So this is my opinion, and I will express it on these forums, count it as an express of frustration or insanity, you are free to agree or disagree, reply or not reply, in the end my very first reply wasn't meant for you, it was directed to the devs. But starting from post #20, you have started this conversation, and I'm glad you did that since I was able to make my idea clearer for the devs.

To be or not to be, to be a PVP game, or you die trying.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/20/2016 1:32:52 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 43
12/20/2016 6:19:46   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

you would find me playing AQW by now.

Like i said, you can't help you're self playing no matter what. ED or AQW you know it very well that you're too addicted to stop. From where i see, you seem more miserable than the game itself.

And me... i pretty much lost interest already..Don't care anymore. You must have checked daily lb. Never on it.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/20/2016 6:21:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/20/2016 7:45:07   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Like i said, you can't help you're self playing no matter what. ED or AQW you know it very well that you're too addicted to stop. From where i see, you seem more miserable than the game itself.

Alright, so first, I guess your interpretation of what I'm saying is false.
The "choice" that I'm talking about was going to be made 7 years ago, when I saw what Artix Entertainment had to offer, there were PVE games (AQW, AQ..) and PVP game(s) like ED. I picked ED. Now if I knew ED would turn into AQW 7 years ago, I wouldn't have made that choice. 7 years ago. Not now. Get it? Shall I re-explain again? Or you will use your brain cells? Good. Now since I picked ED not AQW 7 years ago, means I wanted a PVP game not a PVE one. Good?

As for "being miserable". Well I'd rather stay on-topic, and keep it that way, but if you wanna go off-topic and discuss mental conditions, let me know. But if you ask me, it seems like you have schizophrenia, you act like you don't care but you are, as in there are two people living in the same body, one that loves and care about ED, and the one that doesn't, and then they have fights occasionally, so they decide, why not we come to the forums. Sounds like a good solution.

quote:

And me... i pretty much lost interest already..Don't care anymore. You must have checked daily lb. Never on it.

Yes, that's why you are desperately here talking about it. Seems like you don't care much, eh? What are you doing here then?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/20/2016 7:57:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 45
12/20/2016 8:04:12   
SouL Prisoner

Cared but anymore. And look whose talking about going off-topic. Pufff.

quote:

What are you doing here then?

I guess your desperateness caught my attention...

Anyway.. This should sum it up. *Good luck getting it fixed!*

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/20/2016 8:05:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/20/2016 10:37:01   
shadow.bane

just a reminder to everyone, ED was never 100 % pvp like gamma delta where u could fight npcs all day long as i remember 15 per hour + 4 extra hours if you brainwashed.
as for jugg it;'s actually same as late delta jugg where there was no competition it was farming low levels with no varium equipment cause then people only bought varium on max level and u rarely would see a low level varium user and even if so he might not have a chance with the jugg. so in other words ED is coming back to it's origins lol. that's it's legacy all along if you know what i mean.

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/20/2016 13:56:46   
Lord Machaar

quote:

I guess your desperateness caught my attention...

Your schizophrenia has caught my attention as well.

During Gamma and Delta, ED was a pure PVP game, and always rewarded players for doing PVP, because there was a lvl cap, therefore doing NPCs granted 0 advantage in PVP or in the game (Beside credits). Until Omega came with ranks, then doing NPCs actually gave advantage (Botting them especially). Therefore, ED was all about PVP, and if you look at 1vs1 and 2vs2 daily leaderboards, then you would know what I'm talking about (Speaking to actual old players here who played through different phases and actually understood what the game was about).

Juggernaut battles weren't always easy, they were easy because there were a lot of low level players, and the devs did not use a good filter for battles to favorate challenging battles for juggs. Not sure if you actually played jugg or you just heard about it, but there were hard jugg battles that I actually played and enjoyed playing like these:
http://puu.sh/sVIJG/573fc36f14.jpg
http://puu.sh/sVIM7/66ab931b0a.jpg
http://puu.sh/sVKAa/6193f7f985.jpg
(That's 2 level 30s versus 1 level 33. And you actually can face level 30s in 1vs1.)
And when you compare all time jugg lbs and all time 1vs1 lbs, you can see that there weren't much differences in win ratios. Juggernaut battles only needed minor tweaking to make it a competitive battle mode.
http://puu.sh/sVIGY/2646de3a34.jpg
http://puu.sh/sVIIk/506150a8dd.jpg

Juggernauts in Gamma/Delta only needed few filter fixes to make them actually working fairly for both sides, by limiting the chance of facing players lower than 29-30. But devs never seem to learn from their past mistakes like this one. If they built ED based on past experience, the game would have been much better. The devs don't understand that if they leave a good impression for all players, that would help them with their future projects (Seeing the hate they received when making Biobeasts).

Anyways, this is my opinion about where the game is heading, hopefully a liaison transfers this fruitful discussion to the devs.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/20/2016 14:21:23 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 48
12/20/2016 14:09:37   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

Did you forget about the infernal war back in delta? Cause with that event it was 100% possible to fight NPC and get wins for them not only in 1 vs 1 but 2 vs 2. In fact believe it or not that war was the event that made 2 vs 2 records no longer be 100% PVP.

Next off we had the ebil corp event back in delta were it was mandatory to play in this event that you faced the NPC's which IIRC counted as win if you won and visa versa.

So no offense but trying to claim this game was 100% PVP from the start is false.

In fact up until recently the only battle mode that had always been 100% PVP was Juggernaut.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/20/2016 14:10:16 >
Epic  Post #: 49
12/20/2016 14:17:34   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Did you forget about the infernal war back in delta? Cause with that event it was 100% possible to fight NPC and get wins for them not only in 1 vs 1 but 2 vs 2. In fact believe it or not that war was the event that made 2 vs 2 records no longer be 100% PVP.

It was an event. They were temporary changes to the game, not like the current permanent change to juggernaut, making it a pure NPC battle mode.
Back in the infernal war, it was possible to fight NPCs, but it was possible to fight players as well (There was a higher chance in fact to face players, watch NightAngel's youtube video to make sure). So to me, the game in its totality was a PVP game, except in events where the devs had to add NPCs to make each event unique. Once the events are over, the game goes back to normality. I think the devs made a confusion between players wanting infernal war 1.0 to come back, and between that war was a temporary event, therefore the players would want unique wars like the original infernal war, not a permanent one.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/20/2016 14:26:16 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Juggernaut
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition