Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Zuma's Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AQ Suggestions >> RE: Zuma's Suggestions
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2017 11:48:28   
ZumaChaosReborn

You should really take a better look at the Void Crystal. I completely revamped the idea. When you wield the sword, your damage is doubled because it is treated as Void damage, the monster's damage is doubled because of the penalties that add up to 140% Melee.
AQ  Post #: 26
6/13/2017 12:27:31   
CH4OT1C!

Whilst "balanced", the very thought of the void crystal idea in it's current state sounds... well unlikely. A crystal that allows you to do true void damage under any circumstances sounds kinda ridiculous, even with the enemy doing double damage to compensate.
AQ  Post #: 27
6/13/2017 13:42:53   
ZumaChaosReborn

The crystal itself doesn't let you do Void damage; you need the sword to do that, and that requires a total penalty of 140% Melee.

You can use the crystal on its own to increase your damage by 30% at an HP cost like BloodBlade.

< Message edited by ZumaChaosReborn -- 6/13/2017 13:43:55 >
AQ  Post #: 28
6/13/2017 14:01:58   
CH4OT1C!

Even so, you have access to a true void weapon against every monster in the game... somehow I doubt that would ever get implemented.
AQ  Post #: 29
9/14/2017 21:19:59   
ZumaChaosReborn

It's been a long time since I was last here (on the suggestion thread), and I'm glad these forums don't have any necro restrictions.

Thousand Winds

This is a Wind Magic sword. It is 8-proc (chance of a special is 8%) and the MC is put into a chance to Daze on any attack (not just the special). However, to make the special attack even more special, the chance to daze is increased on the special attack. The Daze is relatively weak, as it derives its power exclusively from the MC, without a damage penalty.

Description:

This mystical blade has the power to call winds in all four directions—north, south, east, and west! This can leave your enemy dazed and confused, preventing them from attacking. ZumaChaosReborn encountered this weapon on a transuniversal adventure.

< Message edited by ZumaChaosReborn -- 9/14/2017 21:23:29 >
AQ  Post #: 30
9/26/2017 8:34:50   
ZumaChaosReborn

Here's another idea, one that's meant for lower-level players that are starting out: HelpZard.

It is an Earth-element monster, but as soon as you find it in RA, it shows this speech bubble:

"Hello! I'm the HelpZard! I see you're low-level and need help. Here's some free Experience and Gold!"

After you click the Done button of the bubble, the battle ends and you get the Experience and Gold the HelpZard promised you.
AQ  Post #: 31
9/26/2017 18:49:01   
ParaCarneex

An item where you sacrifice health, etc., for more power is an archetype. Akin to someone selling their soul for rock 'n' roll. It could be a decent addition. However, allowing it to just double damage via the Void element sword seems too easy. It distracts slightly from the rest of the design, and especially from the opponent - who should be an important source of pressure here, not a punching-bag. The item could stand to focus on one or two notable aspect, so that the full pathos and significance of these can be brought out. Void weapons at present tend to be more careful and integrated into the 'quests,' so this might not belong with this rare element just to inflict free damage.

What might be interesting is finding such items in Death's Domain - if a player went there.

A zard which is inverted to be helpful could be slightly amusing, at least. It might defy expectations. However, if too frequent it would get in the way of the atmosphere around zard-quests. You suppose it could lead to some sort of parody of the Dracomancer saga. If zards were made more prominent in higher level quests as well, then having benign zards which fade away over time would be a useful shift. It would make them seem slightly more hostile later on, which could be good to avoid them being exhausted quickly.

From beyond my past, from beyond your grave,
you are, you are.

Your memories are mine, they chase me through all time,
and you are, you are.
AQ  Post #: 32
10/1/2017 20:09:02   
ZumaChaosReborn

I just came up with this idea:

Right now, we have an item that converts HP to SP once per turn (Fruitcake Brick), an item that converts MP to SP once per turn (Shadowfeeder Pendant), an item that converts SP to MP as many times as you like (Pixel Ether), an item that converts MP to HP as many times as you like (Discount Mogloween Candy Bag/Heart Potion), and two items that cost SP and give you HP or MP (Crystal of Restless Shadows and Rejuvenating Necklace, even though they're a bit of a stretch.)

We're missing at least one thing: An item that has an HP cost per turn and gives you MP!

Since it's like Mana Morph (a skill from the old Wizard Robes, which shows a drop of blood being converted into mana) but it does not cost you a turn to equip, I will call it "Mana-Blood Synthesizer".

Description:
This glowing green stone may not be as devastating as kryptonite to your enemies, but it will help you instead, at a cost! Each turn, you'll give up some blood to the stone, and it will turn into mana! ZumaChaosReborn found this stone when looking through a wreck in Granemor.

< Message edited by ZumaChaosReborn -- 10/5/2017 10:52:11 >
AQ  Post #: 33
10/12/2017 22:12:21   
ZumaChaosReborn

Wild Bull Rider

FO Earth armor. (39 to Earth). 48 to Water, Fire, and Light, trivial resistances to other elements.

Free effect: All base damage either player takes goes to random instead. This affects EVERYTHING, including "other" attacks like Guardian Dragons and Ally Assists, and the Charge Strike skill.

MC: Comes with a weapon-based skill: Charge Strike. It is the same element as your weapon and has no elecomp, but still has the *2 BR/Stat/LS to compensate for the SP cost.

Description: ZumaChaosReborn has managed to tame many wild bulls, and you're riding one of them, giving you amazing Earth resistance and good resistance to Water, Fire, and Light. However, they still retain their unpredictability, causing hits to have much greater damage potential, but are unreliable because of this, and they can charge strike to deal double damage!
AQ  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AQ Suggestions >> RE: Zuma's Suggestions
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition