Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

More stuff for upcoming updates.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More stuff for upcoming updates.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2016 6:22:35   
SouL Prisoner

- Co-founder feature.
- Faction re-name.
- Buy classes(Just like hairstyles).
- Bonus credit and exp for staying in a faction.
- New achievement tiers for (Treasure hunter, hair stylist etc)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/7/2016 10:26:36   
shadow.bane

all supported but not the achievement for inventory rarity or make it 50 k from 25 k it's all good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/7/2016 21:34:51   
SouL Prisoner

What else adding tier means? 25k to maybe 50k and maybe even 100k.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/8/2016 8:37:02   
shadow.bane

ik but it's not accessible to more than 90 % of the population!
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/8/2016 18:43:43   
Noobatron x3000

What upcoming updates? You think there will be updates comign active gifting when the server numbers drop to normal levels (not that they've risen much)

Till the game is properly balanced there will be no updates because the only people actually playing are high rankers or people looping faction alts at the lower levels....

a fake player base of 100-300 , which are mostly alts for factions so in reality more like 100-200, if that
Post #: 5
12/9/2016 21:54:22   
Juan Tipo

100% Supported all the way
Epic  Post #: 6
12/10/2016 9:49:13   
Stonehawk

Also:
Make locked cores unequippable or at least removable, so that we can use the armor we like without the cores we don't like.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/10/2016 12:01:54   
8x

Rewarding people with more exp and credits for staying in the faction would inspire loyalty, but at the same time giving us the faction name change would do the opposite. If you chose a faction name, be loyal to it, be proud. I'm not trying to be excessively mean here, but the only reason you want faction name change is because you want to rename your faction from "THE SoUL FaCtIoN" to "The Soul Faction". Although you will probably have to add a dot in there because the name will already be taken.

I support the 1st, 3rd and 4th suggestions.

5th suggestion, personally, I've always hated these achievements where you have to spend currency (sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly) to get them. Achievements should be earned, not bought.
Epic  Post #: 8
12/11/2016 0:27:34   
SouL Prisoner

^No actually i want altogether another name. Anyway if we can have name change, why not faction name change too?

And about the achievement, it's not the achievements fault, it's the inventory rarity lb's fault for making people buy rare weapons. And if they want to fix this, change the way rarity works. Instead of counting how many rare weapons you have, it should count how many unique rare weapons you have. Won't fix 100%, but it's a step.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/11/2016 0:32:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/11/2016 1:11:02   
Noobatron x3000

Is there even a point to factions anymore.... Kinda outdated in ED if you ask me , Bigger issues....
Post #: 10
12/11/2016 1:49:41   
8x

You are correct. It is mostly the leaderboards fault in that case. But in most other cases the root of the problem are the bought achievements and devs thinking that those are completely fine to be put in the game. For example, Class Master used to be a sad excuse to get loyal players to spend 3k varium just to get it. Another example is the name change achievement. "Guess what guys? We gave you the name change, but not just that, you also get an achievement for it. What's that? You're proud of your name? Well, too bad. No new achievement for you if you don't straight out pay this amount of varium to get it."

I guess credit achievements are barely acceptable, because you do have to work hard to earn credits, or at least you used to. But, there are way too many achievements where you have to straight out pay varium just to get it and they hide behind some kind of the feature as if they were just the cherry on top of the thing.

Current wars and influence leaderboards are just a pretty copy of the first frysteland war and the war kills leaderboard... Back in the day this would have been unacceptable, but now they've just gotten us completely used to these varium features where you just have to spend money to get achievements.

They need to reward loyalty, not class jumping, name changing, faction changing, alignment changing... If I'm not mistaken their original reason to not introduce gender change was something along the lines "because it would make things too confusing with the name change already being in-game" (Now we know that gender change in not an option because of all the non-mutating armors.).

After writing all of this, I'm realizing that we are way to far down the line and at this point ED is already pay to get achievements game. So, I might as well stop wasting my time typing all of this...

Sure, what the heck... They might as well dump faction name change in there too. And give it a nice looking 3000 Varium achievement too.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/12/2016 0:44:19   
SouL Prisoner

^lol.

Achievements once made a bit sense when you had to buy them using tokens. but now... totally straight forward. Pay-per-rating. And what's responsible for this? Gifting!

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/12/2016 0:45:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/12/2016 10:25:22   
Satafou

Whilst we're on the topics of achievements. I am the only one who thinks all achievements achieved in missions are cheap? If you put it in the context of achievement's definition, "a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage." Does completing missions that everyone is able to do fall under that definition? I mean sure there is some effort involved, however the scale of effort used isn't nearly as much as what is implied in the definition.

The only achievements that hold any real value in my opinion are the daily achievements such as: 1vs1, 2vs2, juggernaut along with all the boss achievements. I would say daily fame and 10k fame hold value, which they do in theory. However everyone knows how much of a mess the fame system is and will forever remain to be. Other achievements such as: world domination, flag capture and token contributor i guess are other somewhat worth mentioning achievements.

The point i am making is, out of the hundreds of achievements we have in this game only a handful actually have any sense of achievement for obtaining. At one point i myself was very high up in rating points, if i can recall correctly i was within the top 15 around mid gamma, (slightly more rating points than conqrr who is 2nd today). However now i am only at 3 blue stars, now this isn't because i cannot get higher rating, it's more so due to the fact i am simply unmotivated to get those achievements. There's no sense of accomplishment from obtaining them and if the devs view achievements as an important part of the game (which i personally don't anymore). Then i think they should try to come up with a solution to try and make achievements seem more worthwhile for trying to achieve. Since this game is first and foremost a PVP game (or at least it should be), the devs should try to make missions much more appealing and challenging (not more time consuming) so players actually feel like they've achieved something.
Post #: 13
12/12/2016 10:35:20   
One Winged Angel1357

The problem with the mission system is it ain't great. Both Ranloth and I quickly found out how limited it was when we were writing and creating things to do in game.

So more challenging missions we can only do by making obscure fetch quests, like say find something in the archives which is an unnamed map location, because it tests your recall for other mission stories.

As for the number of mission achievements it's more to get completionists because that attitude is common in gaming. A full 100% completionist is rare but there are a lot of people who want to feel like they are competing things and raking up achievements. Does it make mission achievements basically worthless? Yes but it is an easy way to pull people through the content.

Side note achievements can also be used in metric tracking just by seeing how many people have earned it so technically they could be used to gauge interest in missions
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/12/2016 16:14:22   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Achievements once made a bit sense when you had to buy them using tokens.

They really didn't, when they were bought with tokens it was just another measure of your playtime, which means nothing in a game that's supposed to be competitive and PvP-based. This is why I always pushed for the idea that achievements like the "stunner" one be automatically unlocked once you stun a total of 300 times or something similar. That being said, I don't have a problem with achievements that you pay to get either since they are infrequent enough. Achievements overall really need to get overhauled and have their ratings points re-evaluated, really special achievements like ones from the snapshot contest or similar things deserve more rating points, staff-based achievements honestly should be worth nothing or almost nothing, and boss ones are worth a bit too much IMO.
Epic  Post #: 15
12/18/2016 16:20:04   
Claiort

I'll take advantage of the topic (since he mentioned about faction) to send a suggestion!
The suggestion is to chat to the faction, where all faction members communicate together. IN MY OPINION was to always have chat for faction, the only thing that has for faction members to communicate together is the panel at headquarters.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/19/2016 9:56:21   
nowras

Achievements that shouldn't exist any more are 2 types.
#1 Ultra Rare Varium Only Achievements
#2 Credits sink achievements

They both give Super-Rich players and their close friends only the advantage which's killing the Rating LB. Soon none but only the Super Spenders along with their close friends will be the people on the rating LB.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More stuff for upcoming updates.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition