Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Falling Damage Concerns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Falling Damage Concerns
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2016 19:22:25   
Ignatious

I have been playing AQ3D since the mogloween update. I do a lot of exploring and socializing and I've found that this game is Extremely linear with barely any freedom and exploration. What I have found as far as exploration goes is the scaling of various geographical features such as trees and mountains, which has shown to be a popular activity in the game.

My concern is a progression in the limitation of exploration in this world. Is it going to make the players feel more trapped, more stuck in the straightforward journey that is the current game.

Not to mention it will add a blow to the arcade-ish feel of the game, which I, personally, enjoy, as it makes it feel different.

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
12/24/2016 2:54:51   
Spidercliff

Honestly, the best piece of advice I can give AQ3D team right now is to do the levels right from the start. Right now it takes too long to get to level 15. This is the cap, but keep in mind this is still level *15*. I have hopes the game will reach at least a level 60 or 70. However, its a little unfair to just massively scale things so you can get to level 15 in 3 hours in the future, but its a complete turn off to the game to many players to see level 15 and see it take forever to reach.

1 more game design solution to this is increasing the number of quests in the area times 2. Maybe even times 3. A good game has *more* than enough quests and experience to go around in a level area (1-5, 5-10, 10-15, etc). If the game design goes off well, by the time you reach level 5 in the 1-5 zone, then you should be around 50-70% done with the quests in the areas. There should also be a distinctly defined *main quest* series from level 1 to the end and beyond. And a distinctly defined *side quest* series. This side quest series should have a nice little story as well. The game is in alpha right now, I know they released it as open beta, but no its in alpha and its about 20% done. The story needs heavy work and so does the leveling process.

As for damage, its a little tricky. There's no INT, DEX, STR stats yet, and I'm not sure if there will be. Its nice being able to switch between all the classes at will, however its also tricky because this creates a super linear stat progression which becomes a little boring and stale.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
12/25/2016 18:45:13   
Amethystlock

Fall damage when we jump off a skyscraper(example) and the game isn't designed for making us take stairs or elevators or parkour to get back up(all continuing example), instead we die and spawn back to the skyscraper, lets us get right back into fast-paced action.

If we fall long-enough-to-hurt into a normal place we can get back up from, we could stagger, voice inarticulate displeasure, vision goes red, but get back to running. if we simply land a long fall like it was nothing, measure the hurt in a red bar, it'd feel wrong, disconnected, be a very strange sight, and inhuman because we didn't break ourselves or our stride, physically showing.

In short: fall damage shouldn't repress us heavily. we should focus on moving fast-paced with our environment and dangerous entities.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Falling Damage Concerns
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition