Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED
December 12, 2016
Patch Notes - 1.6.68
- NEW Limited Time Holiday Varium Package
- 12,000 Varium + 3,000 Bonus Varium
- “Epic Supporter” Achievement
- Note: All players that have purchased $50 promo packages since Cyber Monday will automatically receive a bonus 3000 Varium per package they’ve purchased. Thanks for your support!
- New Evolving Achievement: Candy Canes!
- NPC Fill System
- In order to ensure that players can always find matches, especially while leveling to 40, NPCs will now be automatically added to battles at intervals if a player cannot be found.
- The system will pick a level-appropriate NPC to add to the match if a player was not found in a certain amount of time. In the case of 2v2 and Juggernaut, 1 NPC will be added at a time until the match is full.
- NPCs level 37+ will not be added to battles, so players near/at max level should see less NPCs than lower level players
- NPC AI has been improved to make better strategic decisions than before. Notably they can now heal allies and will generally try to attack the more appropriate target in 2v2s.
- A number of NPCs had their level updated to make sure enough NPCs exist at every level.
- Limited Rare automatic shipments
- Non-Seasonal Limited Rares will now automatically be restocked every few weeks if depleted. Check NPCs with limited quantity items such as Charfade or Dage to see when the next restock will happen.
- Minor Item Changes
- Cryo Crafts renamed to Blue and Red Cryocrafts for clarity in the item finder
- Dragon Buster Armor now defined as “Rare Promo”
- Hiding many staff/unavailable items from item finderItems only attainable through missions hidden from item finderAdding “Battle Drop” categorization to items that were not displaying correctly in item finder
- Dev Note: We undershot Juggernaut matching, especially since Underdog is now a thing. We want to keep Underdog to balance out getting, say, two level 32s in one match and two level 27s in the next. This way we can keep the difficulty of each match relatively equal while keeping the level ranges large enough to try and get matches in a reasonable time. This gives us a lot more balancing levers to get Juggernaut battles in a good spot.
- Level range lowered from 5-10 lower than Juggernaut to 7-13 levels lower (A level 40 Juggernaut will now match with level 27-32 opponents)
- Underdog now starts 10 effective levels lower than the Juggernaut, previously 5
- Legendary Ranks
- Dev Note: We were hearing a lot of feedback on the Legendary Rank system, namely that it provides too much power, and that 10 Ranks were generally worth more than 1 regular level. With these changes we intend to bring down the overall power given by Ranks, which should also even out the 10 ranks to 1 level ratio.
- Primary Damage: 3 → 1 per point
- Sidearm Damage: 4 → 2 per point
- Auxiliary Damage: 4 → 2 per point
- Defense: 3 → 1 per point
- Resistance: 3 → 1 per point
- Robot Damage: 4 → 2 per point
- Medical Mastery: 2 → 1 per point
- Energy Efficiency: 1 per point (unchanged)
- NPC Crusher: 2 → 1 per point
- NPC Armor: 2 → 1 per point
- Price to unlock slots: 15k → 10k Credits, 250 → 175 Varium
- First Strike
- Lower level players are now more likely than before to go first, compensating for Underdog Support buffs.
- Smoke Screen
- Dexterity debuff: -2 at all levels
- Static Grenade
- Energy drain increased by 1 every 1.5 Support, previously 0.5.
- Debuff duration: 1 → 2 turns
- Massive Strike core could not be equipped to primary weapons
- Several NPCs were missing correct color values or armor or hairstyles