Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Cosmetic Armor/Weapon/Gear implementation?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Cosmetic Armor/Weapon/Gear implementation?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/25/2016 16:01:17   
Retrosaur

Just curious if AE has made any mention about a cosmetic armor/weapon/gear system in AQ3D? I've been searching the design notes and the developer insights and haven't found any mention of this, have they talked about this at all in the forums as well?

In Terraria and Starbound, there are two slots for every gear item with the exception of weapons. You can have an armor that tanks like a beast but the "cosmetic" armor would allow you to equip any armor in the game, not gain the stats from it, but it would be the equipped look.

The reason I bring this up is that there is a lot of REALLY nice looking gear that are considered "trash", stat-wise since they lag greatly behind the level 15 gear currently in the game. There are some really cool alpha items that I really enjoyed, like the Great Grave Sword, where although the stats are nowhere near scaled to gear of a similar level, but the looks are just really cool to look at.

So that's what I'm curious about -- has AE made any mention about a "cosmetic" armor implementation? Meaning, while you could have one armor slot for the actual armor with the stats you want, you could have another slot to equip that mage outfit or perhaps that Ashen Plate outfit, instead of being forced to keep a look based on how "meta" your gear is. I for one would love to see my Vorah Dagger replaced with the Great Grave Sword or even one of the low level christmas skins that I think look absolutely terrific!
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/25/2016 17:21:25   
Amethystlock

"COMING NEXT! Top Feature Priority "TO DO" List

Cosmetic Equip Slots
If implemented correctly, this may be superior and replace "Item Fusion." Meeting with Zhoom on Wednesday to design the UI. He really, really, really wants to have several custom load-out slots for statted gear. Additionally, I want to have class-based cometic unlocks that do not take up inventory space. We are going to duke it out and no matter what happens, you will be the winner."

http://www.aq3d.com/news/features/

Here is a first-look of the cosmetic equip layout

https://twitter.com/ArtixKrieger/status/808428280709836800

I don't know when it'll come out, but they're finishing it up!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Cosmetic Armor/Weapon/Gear implementation?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition