Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2017 14:11:52   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

@ShatteredReality
Who said it has to be a weapon necessarily? It could very well be a cape, helm, pet or misc item (yes, misc items has levels) as far as we know. Probably not an armor as the last clue says it will make your armor's value to go up.
I would think the last clue means that the item is made of something valuable in real life terms (diamonds, gold, gemstones etc.)

One thing I'm kind of unsure about though, is how much of the sentence is needed to solve the riddle.
quote:

It may be a bit of a pain to try to get me

Would this refer to the item in some way, or is it just a way of saying "it may be hard to get".

A little note to anyone trying to figure out the riddle, if it's a weapon, cape or helm, it cannot be from a quest or a drop, because those kinds of items obtained thought quests don't have a level attached to them and if they are obtained as a drop they will have a base level according to your own level (lvl 63 as a lvl 65).

On last weeks riddle.
quote:

The trek wouldn't be worth the trouble anyways.

Trouble = trobble (or trobbiler), i didn't think you would go there, it did cross my mind that trobbles could have something to do with the answer, but it seemed way too silly to rely on a pronounciation joke to create a clue.
Also, in what way would someone come to the conclusion that it would specificly be the pink one? Just because Artix is mentioned and he is "allergic" to pink?

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/8/2017 16:28:49 >
AQW  Post #: 26
1/8/2017 14:41:15   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Okay, here's my answer:

spoiler:

Gold Dye. Here's my ingame screenshot.

One Mr. Bond would definitely approve of me!
I don't know that much about James Bond, which I guess is what this is referring to, but I think there was this one movie with gold paint or something.

My base level is one higher than the highest pH base level!
The highest pH base level is 14, which makes the base level of the item level 15. The base level of Gold Dye is level 15.

It may be a bit of a pain to try to get me,
Wordplay. Gold Dye drops from the Painadin Overlord in /brightfall.

but if you do, your armour's value is going to go up!
Gold Dye is used to merge the Golden Armor of War in Reen's Northepointe Dye Shop.
AQW  Post #: 27
1/8/2017 15:00:09   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

spoiler:

My answer
One Mr. Bond would definitely approve of me!:
Don't really know the connection it has to Bond.
Edit: one of my friends came up with a good(?) theory on what this might mean, she said it might refer to "Golden Eye", which could sound like "Gold Dye" if you say it in a specific way.
(Golden Eye is a James Bond film, i may have googled it just now).

My base level is one higher than the highest pH base level!:
The highest base pH value is 14, but the item is 1 level higher (15), Gold dye is level 15.

It may be a bit of a pain to try to get me:
Refers to the monster that drops it "Painadin overlord"

But if you do, your armour's value is going to go up!:
The dye is used to make Armor of war into a golden version, meaning it's value would go up because gold is more valuable than "red armor pieces", i would assume.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/11/2017 9:54:52 >
AQW  Post #: 28
1/10/2017 21:52:12   
Shadowhunt

quote:

Also, in what way would someone come to the conclusion that it would specificly be the pink one? Just because Artix is mentioned and he is "allergic" to pink?
Pretty much! Last week's was probably one of, if not the, hardest that I've come up with yet. But you can be on the lookout in the future for clues that require you to have a bit of knowledge about a particular NPC: Artix's aversion to pink is an example, but some other NPCs may have colours they love or hate, or articles of clothing they lose a lot, or the like. There aren't a lot of limits on what I might draw on for a clue, so you may have to dig deep or bounce ideas off others to figure out what I'm going after.

One thing to be aware of it that I've not done a good number of the releases, so I can't draw any references or anything from those. So you may have to be a bit careful assuming I reference a particular release; I may be referencing it intentionally, or it may be unintended because I don't know what happens in it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 29
1/12/2017 8:41:45   
Loftyz

spoiler:

I can think of things that fit 3 or 4 of the clues, but not all, so I give up :p

best guesses were a cape a golden gun on it, an armour made of diamond, or something to do with poker
DF AQW  Post #: 30
1/15/2017 12:07:01   
Shadowhunt

Congratulations ShatteredReality and Metakirby for figuring out the last one! New riddle is up, best of luck figuring it out.
AQ AQW  Post #: 31
1/18/2017 17:29:32   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

spoiler:

I feel confident in this one
Allow me to explain.

Sometimes the first couple versions just aren't good enough:
This is the 3rd version of Prime, it goes Prime, Prime Dominus, Empowered Prime. Listed in order of power (you don't really fight the one called just "Prime", he's just an NPC)

You're going to have to enter the fortress if you want to find me:
He is located inside the Starsinc Fortress, pretty self explanatory.

Grab your brush if you want to be strong:
According to one of the quests in the area, he gains power from his paintings (yes, paintings, i can't even blame AE for this one, it was a fanmade story)

It's always best to know what sort of environment you're in:
This one was what gave me a lot of trouble, I don't really have a solid reason as to how this fits into the answer and it lead me astray for a while.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/18/2017 17:31:00 >
AQW  Post #: 32
2/3/2017 18:04:05   
Shadowhunt

I've decided to bring this thread back out because it appears there may be a bit more interest in this sort of thing than I may have thought (and thus why I temporarily removed it).

I have added a new riddle, so you guys can work on that if you want, but I'm also looking for feedback on this. It wasn't all that popular, but this recent Mysterious Hunt shows that people may enjoy these sorts of things. I can't put anything in-game (though, if you like the thing you have to find for the riddle, then you could hang on to it), so that's off the table. But what sort of changes would you guys like to see? The biggest one I think is perhaps a week per riddle is too long. When I first drafted this thread up, I was thinking of something in the span of 2-4 days per riddle, but we decided to go longer. Would you all enjoy it more if there were more frequent riddles rather than one a week?

The other thing I'm considering is giving you guys a little more feedback myself on how you're doing for a particular riddle. I don't want to give things away, but if you actually discuss your thought process and how you interpret something, I may be able to nudge you on or in a slightly different direction.

Looking forward to hearing feedback from you all, as I do think this could be a really fun thread, but I need your feedback to know what does and does not work.
AQ AQW  Post #: 33
2/3/2017 18:35:47   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

I was actually going to ask what happened to this thread, but i was kind of happy to have time for myself to focus on farming VHL rather than trying to solve riddles, so i was just like "meh", priorities you know

I would like if there could be 2 riddles per week(ish), anymore would be kind of overkill + i would rather like a couple of well constructed riddles than a lot of riddles just spewed out for the sake of it.

Anyways, on the last riddle, i see how they all fit together, i knew i was missing something to fit in the last part of it, the quest right after the painting quest is called "Learning the Land". Is it just me or do you always feel stupid when you try to solve a riddle, then when you see the answer you are like "well, that was obvious"

So, on this (weeks?) riddle, i think anyone can agree it has something to do with the Swordhaven area. I'm so smart.

spoiler:

*Insert funny joke here* (Need a hand, or 2?)
7 times 2 is 15, right?: firstly, no it doesn't, you silly ;). Secondly, this clue refers to the different "values" so to speak of the item, it requires rank 7 Swordhaven rep, it's a pair of (2) arms, and costs 15000 gold.
The people who made these must be really smart, but they're probably tired of being mixed up with Bladehaven: as the description states, it was made by Sordhaven engineers (swordhaven and bladehaven could easily get mixed up), people who are generally considered to be "smart".
It sure would be Awesome to have some of these around: the item has "Awesome Rarity", the capitalized A in Awesome made me sure that is what it meant. It would also just in general be awesome to have some of these (these also refers to there being more than 1 arm). Don't lie, robotic arms would be awesome.

I figured i would bump the thread, that's why made a new post instead of just editing my previous post. If a Mod/Archknight wants to merge the posts, feel free, i just thought it was worth a shot to do this.

I like the thread, it makes use of ones AQW knowledge, when it's otherwise mostly useless. I think the failure of the thread is that is that only a couple people actually seem to be interesting in it, most people would probably just farm or do something else in aqw instead of solving some random riddles that doesn't really benefit them in any way.
I kind of don't want this thread to die like the challenge thread a while back, because I have times when im just running aimlessly around AQW and would like to have something to do that isn't farming. Of course, if no one wants to solve a riddle, what's the point of even spending time making them? Archknights are people too.

Merged 'em. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 2/7/2017 22:51:02 >
AQW  Post #: 34
2/7/2017 9:34:27   
megakyle777

It might also give a example here and there for better hints and stuff for future quests like the Stranger one, which has kinda bad ones, so I will post too.
DF  Post #: 35
2/20/2017 14:38:27   
Shadowhunt

Would you guys be interested in doing two a week, a Sunday through Wednesday and a Thursday through Saturday? I'm pretty much the one coming up with the riddles right now, but I may try to find a way to get some others' riddles in. Other AKs for now, though if the thread starts to gain some popularity, maybe I'll find a way to incorporate some forumite-submitted riddles as well.

quote:

Of course, if no one wants to solve a riddle, what's the point of even spending time making them? Archknights are people too.
Indeed we are! But really, it takes like maybe a minute at most to come up with most of the riddles. Frankly I just go on the Wiki, hit Random Page to find some items that'll work for it, and then go from there to come up clues. I try to do a mix of fairly simple and somewhat vague clues so they're not all a breeze, though it could take a bit of time to dial in on how easy/hard they can be.

Again, unfortunately I can't really get anything for you guys in-game for correctly solving riddles, though I may be able to figure something out for the forum. *starts muttering ideas to self* This is, after all, mostly just meant for you guys to have some fun.

Soooooo I may have forgotten to update this for a while, but I've put up a new riddle! I'm gonna try doing a couple a week. Best of luck to everyone, and good job Metakirby for solving the last one!
AQ AQW  Post #: 36
2/20/2017 18:25:30   
Loftyz

I think it's about dreammaze, but cousins throws me off. I'm not aware of any cousins in aqw (where one is crazy?), unless it's from some really old, forgettable side-content.
DF AQW  Post #: 37
2/20/2017 19:12:15   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

My first thought was Twiggy Kreuger, it's some sort of sibling to twig (I guess) he is in /join Twig, which is Twig's dream, he is a parody of Freddy Kreuger, who is usually paired with nightmares. But it's a member area now + the numbers don't make any sense in that scenario.
My 2nd thought was one of he Trolls, Horcs or maybe She Who Answers in Bloodtusk, you know, Khasaanda is kinda crazy and she is a cousin to at least a couple of them, she resides in Dreamnexus, don't know about nightmares, and those odd numbers.
3rd possibility, Xing & Xang, Mirror Xing & Xang, or Yin & Yan (I think you see the theme here). Cousins, check. Dreams, check. Nightmares, kinda. Numbers, still doesn't make any sense in all of this.
AQW  Post #: 38
2/20/2017 19:25:12   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I was thinking Memet the Nightmare Moglin, but I couldn't figure out the rest of the clues.
AQW  Post #: 39
2/20/2017 19:55:58   
Shadowhunt

I'll give you guys a hint since I posted this a day (plus, like, a week or two...) late.
spoiler:

The cousins part refers to being related, but being separate entities. It doesn't necessarily mean a canonical cousinly AQW relationship.

AQ AQW  Post #: 40
2/22/2017 15:32:33   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

So I have been wandering around aqw (and the wiki) for a little bit and i have found a couple things that potentially could have something to do with the answer. It's just a couple things I found out while wondering around, I'm still not even 50% sure I'm on the right track.

First off, it might have something to do with spirits, ghosts or shadowy figures (The Mysterious Stranger?), since those types of things can appear in dreams and a shadowy figure in a dream is a good sign of a nightmare.

Another thing I thought about was Ziri, Ziri is crazy, no doubt about that, maybe there's some nightmare inducing sneevil somewhere in lore, I'm litterally thinking of every slight possibility.

I also found out that Binky was a good contestant, mostly because of the description Yulgar's quest for the Night Mare Scythe:
quote:

The horse… the terror… when the night is dark and the inn is silent, sometime I feel his eyes upon me. Binky… Binky haunts my nightmares! Slay him and return my scythe to me so I know he is dead… once and for all!

We also happen to have 2 other Nightmare horses (both having "Nightmare" in their name funny enough), Nightmare, Nightmare Frostmane and their stronger counterparts.

The bosses from Underrealm also was a thought that popped to mind, the fact that there's a boss called "Sleep" which corrosponds with the dreams and nightmare part, but also all the negative emotions/unpleasant feeling names of the other bosses (Hunger, Fear, Anxeiety etc), which could techically lead to nightmares.

There's just 1 problem that all of these possibilites have in common, I have no clue how the numbers fit into any of them.

Any thoughts?

@Shadowhunt
You forgot to change the date for this week's riddle.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/22/2017 15:34:02 >
AQW  Post #: 41
2/22/2017 16:36:39   
Shadowhunt

^ I realized that on the bus this morning, it just sort of randomly came to me

I promise the numbers do have meaning, they're not just there to throw you off. You just have to know where to look.
spoiler:

One of them isn't a number you'd see represented in its textual form though.
AQ AQW  Post #: 42
2/22/2017 18:53:37   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

The numbers though... I don't know it's "2031434" or "2,031,434" "two-zero-three-one-four-three-four" or something in the middle. I guess they have to represent something about the item or whatever it is. If the secret thing is an item, then the numbers could represent its base level, its buying price, its sellback value, or even its damage range.
AQW  Post #: 43
2/24/2017 10:59:24   
Shadowhunt

Last one was one of the harder ones, so unfortunately nobody figured it out. The answer's been posted, and the new riddle is up Best of luck!

I also decided to do the two "periods" as Monday through Thursday and then Friday through Sunday, so there'll be a "weekday" one and a "weekend" one for people to work on. Hopefully that'll work out, I may start trying to do some of the harder ones for the weekend ones.
AQ AQW  Post #: 44
2/24/2017 11:46:49   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

So the numbers are broken down like this:
20: the level of the mob.
3(the oddball): the star level of the mob, or whatever its called.
1434: the HP.
I still don't see the relation to a "crazy cousin" though, maybe it's Vultures, that's the only thing i could think of. (I did read the previous hint about it).

We were basicly all trying to solve it from left to right, when it would be more efficient to solve it from right to left.
It's these kinds of riddles where you don't get an obvious place to look for that are the hardest. You basicly gave away the first one and the Swordhaven one for free.

So about the new riddle.
It's an item from a shop (99.99% sure).
It has 3 blades (may have a different meaning than swords, possibly something to do with ice).
That's all i got for now.
AQW  Post #: 45
8/10/2017 13:28:10   
Shadowhunt

IIiiiiiiiit's baaaaaack! I decided once again to dredge this up from the depths for a bit of fun. And set reminders to change the riddles so I don't forget to do that I've also decided to update the title of the thread with the dates so people can see when there's a new riddle in case they've solved or gotten stuck on the old one.
AQ AQW  Post #: 46
8/10/2017 14:19:34   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Okay, guess this is back! ...Man, I have no clue what this is about.

quote:

When the timelines merged, did this come with? If you were in a race, you'd be in a good position. I'd say it may be a bit AQua. This is perfect for you if you prefer to break down the images. Apparently it talks too!

Pretty sure the timelines merging refers to the events we learn about in the Span part of the 13 Lords of Chaos saga. The race part confuses me. A position would be something like "first" "second" or "third" but I don't think there are any weapons from the Span called that. The "AQua" part I guess refers to its color, maybe (Aqua) or maybe its location (underwater?) and probably also refers to it being based off an item in AdventureQuest. I honestly don't know what to make of the last two sentences.
AQW  Post #: 47
8/10/2017 14:34:11   
fxmybrute13

spoiler:

No answer yet, but I was thinking of Trobbles. I believe they originated in AQ, and blue Trobbles seem to be the classic. And maybe one of these Trobboliers speaks, or says something . upon defeat?

However, the race part throws this idea out though.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/10/2017 14:46:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 48
8/10/2017 15:29:37   
Aura Knight

I'm thinking of two different things from TheSpan rep shop and neither of which completely fits the riddle. Well, I can't figure this one out and my only guesses are most likely wrong.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 49
8/10/2017 21:54:27   
fxmybrute13

@Aura Knight,
spoiler:

Nemesis Mace and Sage Armor?
I found those two as well.

Maybe breaking down the images refers to 8-bit stuff. Couldn't anything named 8 or 16-bit that fit the bill though. Although while searching around, I found
spoiler:

Bit O Bacon Blade
When the timelines merged : Perhaps a vague reference to the bacon element made by Cysero.
Race : bringing home the bacon
Break down the images : Bit referencing 8-bit images
Talks : got a pig's face, so it could be rumored to talk.
, but it's missing a connection with "AQua".

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/10/2017 22:28:41 >
DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition