Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2017 22:23:30   
Shadowhunt

You guys are on the right track in some things, but going down the wrong path in other ways. I'll admit I made this one pretty difficult (next one's pretty easy), but you've got some time to figure it out.
spoiler:

Think about what things can be involved in races, and what terms are associated with that
AQ AQW  Post #: 51
8/10/2017 23:32:57   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Races? Tracks? Baton? Ribbons? Those things they they hang at finish lines for people to break through? Cameras? Running shoes? Jerseys? I feel like I'm way off the mark here...
AQW  Post #: 52
8/11/2017 0:03:45   
fxmybrute13

Well, it talks about being in a good position for a race. Other than first or not-dead-last, I'm thinking maybe pre-race preparation. Typically for foot-related races, runners assume a crouching position on a starting block, but I couldn't find anything to do with "crouch".

Edit : There's also the pole position in motorsports, so maybe something to do with a Pole or Polearm, but I think that's stretching it really thin.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/11/2017 0:11:05 >
DF AQW  Post #: 53
8/11/2017 0:15:23   
Aura Knight

quote:

When the timelines merged, did this come with?
Guessing this means its something found in AQ, DF and MQ. Only place that has that in AQW is TheSpan and the various areas relating to it. I guess we're looking for an item so maybe something from a shop or could be a drop. Not much to go on.

quote:

If you were in a race, you'd be in a good position.
The race part could be interpreted in two ways. One as in the race being a sport/competition and the other as in your ethnicity. I don't know about DF, but AQ and MQ has a way for you to pick a subrace, so maybe that has something to do with it. But the "good position" part can't fit with this well so guess it's the sport.

quote:

I'd say it may be a bit AQua.
The spelling of AQua indicates that it has something to do with AQ and probably water. Or something blue from AQ. Not sure if the "bit" part is a clue but maybe we're looking for something pixelated that is blue and found in AQ but also found in this game.

quote:

This is perfect for you if you prefer to break down the images.
This part, I'm stuck at.

quote:

Apparently it talks too!
Makes me think it's an NPC but not sure where this fits with the rest of the riddle. The one thing I can think of is the guardian dragon but I don't know if that's even part of AQW and while it does talk whenever summoned in AQ, it's not blue nor has anything to do with water.

I've checked /thespan, /timelibrary, and /aqlesson but couldn't find anything that I'd be confident in considering as the answer to this riddle.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
8/11/2017 18:42:58   
Ironfists

spoiler:

UPDATED GUESS

- An item from AQ - It has 'a head' - You can use hammers to break things down quite literally - It is blue - I have no idea if it can talk

< Message edited by Ironfists -- 8/14/2017 7:02:52 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 55
8/11/2017 19:22:33   
Aura Knight

@ironfists: That makes quite a bit of sense. A reference to Iron Man and AQ has a character named Irony Man. Not blue in that game but maybe it doesn't have to be.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
8/12/2017 8:52:36   
fxmybrute13

For the race position, it's a head..... #midnightthoughts
DF AQW  Post #: 57
8/12/2017 9:08:15   
Ironfists

Makes waaay more sense than a triathlon lmao
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 58
8/13/2017 21:31:22   
Shadowhunt

New riddle is going up in probably ~12 hours. I'll give you guys a fairly big hint for this one just because I'm curious to see if it'll help you solve it.
spoiler:

It is NOT in The Span or related areas
AQ AQW  Post #: 59
8/14/2017 4:32:22   
fxmybrute13

Alright, combining that hint with the earlier previous hint that we were on the right track for some of the guesses, we can deduce that at least 1 of the following is correct : it's related to Trobbles, 8-bit stuff, "AQua" refers to its color, "AQua" refers to its underwater-ish location. It can't be rare either, since we have to take an in-game screenshot. We're running out of time, so I'm just going to throw out my best guess.

spoiler:

My answer.
When the timelines merged, did this come with? - The Dreadspace final cutscene talks about our role as the Eternal Dragon of Time.
If you were in a race, you'd be in a good position. - It's a helm, and thus, a head, and being ahead is a good position for a race.
I'd say it may be a bit AQua. - Trobbles originated in AQ.
This is perfect for you if you prefer to break down the images. - ???
Apparently it talks too! - There is a Trobble (NPC) in /deathpitarena, which has "dialogue".

Edit #1 : After seeing the answer for the riddle from 10th to 13th, can you explain how the break down the image hint ties in?
Edit #2 : For the riddle from 13th to 17th.
spoiler:

My answer.
Hanging out at festivals or worshipping the orchestra are likely places to find me. - Found in the music festival storyline, /palooza and /orchestra.
The hair is totally real! - Refers to the obvious wig totally real hair.
I may be willing to come with you on your journeys, if you can convince me. - He drops a pet version of himself.
(WAM!) - Short for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the real-life composer that Mozard is based on.

Edit #3 : When's the next riddle :(. Is this Dark Scroll hunt all over again :P I just like to complain, especially about little things. Pay no heed to these rambles.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/19/2017 5:38:33 >
DF AQW  Post #: 60
8/18/2017 12:17:37   
Aura Knight

Black and white to unlock the door. Only the truly talented can bake without guidance; everyone else needs help. For something so common, it seems rather uncommon. William you be able to get this?
spoiler:

Riddle Answer The Black and white to unlock the door may refer to the fact that you need to have J6's Secret Hideout Map and that drops from the sketchy dragon which is black and white. The second part refers to a recipe and the name in the last is the name of one NPC at /saloon who wants a recipe. I suppose the recipe is a common item. So, it makes sense to me.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 61
8/18/2017 13:10:33   
Shadowhunt

@Fx: Congratulations on getting Mozard! That one was a pretty easy one I don't generally like to explain why a certain hint ties in to something, but in this case, I made that was extra hard so I'll do it. The item was Iconoclast, which is actually a word. The definition of it is "a destroyer of images used in religious worship, in particular". Thus, the hint was a reference to the definition of iconoclast. I didn't really expect many people to get it since that's a pretty obscure word, but I threw it in just in case!

As for when the new riddles come, I try to get them posted pretty close to first thing in the morning for me. Unfortunately, because of my timezone, that's at around 10am server time. I know that's pretty late into the day for some people, depending on where you live, so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm delaying it for a long time! It's most likely that I'm still asleep is all.
AQ AQW  Post #: 62
8/20/2017 10:34:27   
Ironfists

@Aura - I'm pretty sure you got it! That was quick lol
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 63
8/21/2017 18:10:07   
Aura Knight

Somehow I doubt that, but would be nice to get one of these riddles right. But, I have a feeling I made some error or chose the wrong item even if I might have been on the right track. We'll see.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
8/21/2017 23:41:20   
Shadowhunt

Sorry I put this new one up so late! I went to invade the Fire Nation go see the eclipse today and it was a really long drive back home, so I wasn't able to get it done this morning like I usually do. But the new one is up!

Aura: You were close! You were definitely on the right track, just missed it by a bit. See if you can figure out what the clues refer to!
AQ AQW  Post #: 65
8/22/2017 4:57:44   
fxmybrute13

Dang, I was so sure AuraK had it as well. I'm assuming the only thing he missed was the Common Rarity clue. Looks like we really have to use every sentence and squeeze the clue out of it.

But for the riddle for Aug 22-24 :
spoiler:

My answer

You can go 30 or you can go ten by three, the choice is with thee. - There are two ways to obtain this winged cape, 1 and 2. For method 1, you can farm 30 Infernal Tokens. My picture was of method 2, which requires rank 3 Dreadfire and 10K gold.

Centuries before the Necropolis, a quarter was ruled. - Item description says there "was a vampire that ruled a quarter of Doomwood Forest five hundred years before the founding of Necropolis".

The ruler likely inspired dread, maybe even from Celestials. - This item is associated with the Infernal Army, which is viewed as the antagonists of the Celestial Beings.

Once there was great power, but it has flown away. - It's wings from a now-dead, but powerful vampire.

In new-to-you condition! - Not sure exactly what S.Hunt may have been referring to here. Maybe this clue distinguishes if it's the first or second version of the wings. In which case, version 2 is newer than version 1.

P.S. Looks like I had it easy for the eclipse. Just walked outside and looked up. #no_safety
DF AQW  Post #: 66
8/25/2017 12:04:00   
Shadowhunt

Well done Fx! Let's see if you can get the new one as well!

And yes, I try to avoid any filler sentences or anything. Pretty much any sentence I put has some clue you can get out of it. How far you have to reach to get to my thinking, as you've seen with the past riddles, varies, but they've all got something to them!
AQ AQW  Post #: 67
8/25/2017 21:16:15   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

My answer:
spoiler:

Silver Victory Blade

You get what you take, which in this case is nothing.
The item is free to get from the merge shop.

You might feel Legendary when you've got this, but you don't have to be.
This item has the Legendary rarity.

You won't have to journey far to find this, but you might to make it mightier.
The item can be found in the second room /battleon, the spawn location. However, you have to travel to the Graveyard in order to complete quests to merge upgraded version of this item.

First place, second place, third place… we're all winners here!
You are able to to upgrade the blade three times.

Questing and merging, so many options!
You must quest and merge in order to upgrade the blade into many different blades, with two different themes. There is the Enchanted Victory Blade, and then the Enchanted Mana Blade and the Arcane Blade of Glory on the good side, and the Enchanted Shadow Blade and the Shadow Blade of Despair on the evil side.
AQW  Post #: 68
8/28/2017 11:08:52   
Shadowhunt

Well done ShatteredReality! Honestly you came up with a slightly different take on one of the clues than I'd used, but it still worked out. That's part of the fun of this for me, seeing what you guys think a clue means and coming up with other ways they may apply.
AQ AQW  Post #: 69
8/28/2017 19:25:26   
fxmybrute13

spoiler:

Easy DragonBallZ reference there. So I'm 9000% sure it's either 1/ 2/ 3/ 4, 5 or 6. I don't play Street Fighter so I can't spot a street fighter reference. If there is, then it's 1/2/3/4. If not, it's 5 or 6. Thinking either it's the helm, since it can't be black (non-Saiyan mode), or 6, since you turn it in for a quest.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/28/2017 19:28:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 70
8/29/2017 16:32:25   
Ironfists

spoiler:

My answer.

In case it is unclear, I am referring to this.

- You cannot purchase this item and instead have to merge items inside a Dreadspace Replicator
- You collect 'Space Dragon Balls', a reference to Dragon Ball Z, and it takes an eternity to actually farm for enough balls to turn in for scrap metal which is then merged
- The house is completely black
- I have some ideas about the 'glory' line but they're too vague to mention - perhaps it refers to the scrap metal?
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 71
9/1/2017 14:20:46   
Aura Knight

quote:

Can you count your ABCs? Better be ready to draw your weapon at a moment's notice. I don't think you'll be using this to eat, but you can sure try if you want to. Just make sure it's not too grimey.

Alright time for a somewhat dumb answer.
spoiler:

A Somewhat Dumb Answer Counting your ABCs may have something to do with school even if it makes no sense. And something we use in school is a pencil. Perhaps more than one, if we're counting them. The draw your weapon part of this riddle is part of the description of what I've linked. The next part is where I have no confidence in my reasoning but I guess you could use two pencils to eat if you use them as chopsticks, but that doesn't seem to sanitary. And this brings me to the last part about it not being too grimey. Wouldn't want to use dirty utensils even if they're not meant for eating. Unfortunately I don't have access to what I chose as my answer.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 72
9/1/2017 18:44:50   
fxmybrute13

@S.Hunt For the 08/29-08/31 riddle, I really like the clue "You can't keep the glory hidden, so you better turn in that which covers it", now that I know the answer. I even got the hair hint, but couldn't tie that in with the rest of the clues. You're getting really good at doing these.

@A.Knight. Due to the fact that whatever the answer is needs to be submitted by a in-game screenshot (and thus accessible completely f2p players), it can't be a members-only accessible, rare, special offer, seasonal item etc.. So it helps eliminate potentially true answers. Although TBH, when I read the riddle, that was the first thing to popped to mind as well.

spoiler:

My first guess.
Can you count your ABCs? - Alphabet soup.
Better be ready to draw your weapon at a moment's notice. - A spoon is not a very good weapon.
I don't think you'll be using this to eat, but you can sure try if you want to. - Have you ever tried eating with a stirring spoon? They're too thick and don't hold enough material to justify using.
Just make sure it's not too grimey. - Got to clean the spoon.

My second and much better guess.
Can you count your ABCs? - Find in battleground a/b/c/d/e/f (and honorhall).
Better be ready to draw your weapon at a moment's notice. - It's a sheathed weapon, so you would have to draw it in order to use it.
I don't think you'll be using this to eat, but you can sure try if you want to. - Item description references "knives" and "meals".
Just make sure it's not too grimey. - You merge rime tokens to get it.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/1/2017 19:01:33 >
DF AQW  Post #: 73
9/2/2017 0:29:59   
Shadowhunt

quote:

You're getting really good at doing these.
I try I feel like I'm being too vague a lot of the time, since you guys are often coming up with great answers to my riddles that take clues in a total different direction than I was intending. But I'm also not trying to just hand it to you. I'm glad you're liking them though. They take me at least two minutes to come up with usually
quote:

Due to the fact that whatever the answer is needs to be submitted by a in-game screenshot (and thus accessible completely f2p players), it can't be a members-only accessible, rare, special offer, seasonal item etc.
This is actually technically not accurate. Before I pared it down so the rules weren't taking up a quarter of the page, I was a little more specific on this. But basically, it actually can be Legend-only, rare, special offer, seasonal, contest prizes (which I guess are special offer?), etc. Ideally you're able to get the item in your inventory and show it, but if it's something you really can't find then you could try to find someone in game with it and get a picture with them. Now, that being said, I've been trying to avoid all those things because while I think it could be fun to try to make the game a little more social and have you find people with the item, it would probably also be pretty frustrating. There are enough permanent items accessible to everyone that it's pretty easy for me to pick those to use. I may do a few seasonal ones, but I feel like that's sort of boring since I can only do them while they're in-game and as such, it really cuts down on the number of possible answers. So long story short, I can do things like Legend-only or rare, but I probably won't.
AQ AQW  Post #: 74
9/2/2017 1:11:07   
paskyfer007

What is this thread?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition