Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2017 1:30:17   
fxmybrute13

Essentially, Shadowhunt will post a couple of sentences that hint at a certain item in the game. This hint can range from anything from the in-game description, physical attributes, or just little details about the secret item. Then, it is up to us to find this item in the game, submit a screenshot of it, and post it in this thread, by the deadline listed.

It's a fun thread that should spark discussion about the hints listed. The riddle on Iconolast showcases this really well, because nobody was able to get the solution, but everybody wanted to.
DF AQW  Post #: 76
9/2/2017 2:10:31   
paskyfer007

Is there any reward?
Post #: 77
9/2/2017 2:34:47   
Aura Knight

No, this is just for fun. Though I'm not sure why we have to wait for one person to come up with a riddle. Why can't this turn out to be like the riddle thread over on the DF section of the forums where players make their own riddles and anyone answers? Seems better that way.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 9/2/2017 2:35:11 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
9/2/2017 11:29:18   
Shadowhunt

When we came up with the idea for the thread, we decided that we wanted to keep a single focus of discussion as well as a single place to find current riddles. If we let others come up with their own and just post them, it could get confusing which ones are current, and it can be hard to enforce some of the rules if we don't know what the end answer is. I've been thinking of ways to let people come up with their own and submit them to me so I could use them if I wanted to, so I might open that up at some point. For now, though, we'll stick with what's currently going. It's just sort of something to do while waiting for new releases or taking a break from farming or the like.
AQ AQW  Post #: 79
9/5/2017 2:12:21   
fxmybrute13

spoiler:

My answer.
How well read are you? - You read with eyes? Not too sure on this bit.
Is it your faet to face endless fighting? - Play on words with "fate" and "fae"
Some may think that would be awesome, - Has awesome rarity.
but there's little value in it to others. - Only has a 250 Gold sellback.
It just seems like the fights drag-on so long. - Xiex has over 1 million hp. Which is why I haven't submitted an in-game screenshot yet.
DF AQW  Post #: 80
9/5/2017 2:30:10   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

spoiler:

For the "how well read are you" part, the Face of Fae comes from a crossover event with a book called "Za'nar: Impossibility," so it could be referencing that she's from a book.
AQW  Post #: 81
9/8/2017 13:37:34   
Trappertom

I've heard that superpowers line before..
AQW  Post #: 82
9/9/2017 23:14:12   
fxmybrute13

spoiler:

My answer (still trying to get it to drop)
Tech of the past (even older than 1941!), --- Weapon has a damage range of 19-41.
updated for the future. --- /mountain and /lab have futuristic science storylines.
Just make sure you don't drop it and break it, --- Weapon contains toxic sludge.
otherwise you might gain superpowers. --- Toxic sludge is often used to create superheroes.
Science can make a person really angry, --- It has a deceptively low drop rate.
if Things don't go their way. --- Dropped by the monster Swamp Thing.
Sometimes identity changes are necessary. --- Was previously a gun, and now a bow

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/9/2017 23:29:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 83
9/12/2017 18:28:55   
fxmybrute13

Double-posting so that it doesn't seem as if I went back to change my previous answer to match the solution.
For the riddle from 11/09 to 14/09.
quote:

One of the three friends who has a nice rhyming name, I am not the one who stands out. I'm not sad about it though, despite what it make look like. I suppose I could be persuaded to come along with you on your adventures for the right price, especially if it gets me out of this sizzling, hairball-covered place.

spoiler:

I thought it would be a pet, but couldn't find anything that matched all the clues. So I think I found a better solution.
My Answer, part of the Frood, Bloopy, Hoopy, and Oopy Cape series, and I suppose Black Ghost Cape as well.

One of the three friends who has a nice rhyming name, --- 3 of the ghost capes have rhyming names, and so it's not Frood.
I am not the one who stands out. --- Not too sure on this bit, but it probably differentiates exactly which 1 of the 3 is the answer.
I'm not sad about it though, despite what it make look like. --- Oopy is the blue ghost, and feeling blue is a proverb for feeling sad.
I suppose I could be persuaded to come along with you on your adventures for the right price --- It's a shop item.
especially if it gets me out of this sizzling, hairball-covered place. --- Reference to the map name /baconcat, with sizzling referring to bacon, and hairball referring to cat, from where you can obtain it.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/13/2017 5:48:32 >
DF AQW  Post #: 84
9/16/2017 5:32:34   
fxmybrute13

Triple-posting so that it doesn't seem as if I went back to change my previous answer to match the solution.
For the riddle from 15/09 to 17/09.

spoiler:

My answer
Do you like to garden? --- The item is themed around nature, especially plants.
Infusion of mother nature can certainly help with that, or with your battles. --- By item description, the armor is infused with the power of mother nature.
An Assorted number of situations can be handled when you're dressed properly. --- Obtained via the Battleon Assorted Shop.
People might not know who you are, but we're all from Earth! --- Terra translates roughly to Earth in Latin and Portuguese.
DF AQW  Post #: 85
9/18/2017 10:22:54   
Shadowhunt

You've been doing quite well with these! I've decided to do a bit of a tough one for this period's, so let's see if you're able to crack this one!
AQ AQW  Post #: 86
9/18/2017 16:32:18   
fxmybrute13

First good thought was the Battle Gem monster. Do think that it's a monster though.
If we're thinking capes, then I found the Soul Crystal Cape, and Gem of Nulgath Cape.

First stupid thought was Archfiend's Amber (because you do the quest 25 times to hit the gold cap, although you don't earn gold from quests over 4 mil).

Does indeed seem like a tougher egg to crack. In the meantime...

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/19/2017 18:22:35 >
DF AQW  Post #: 87
9/22/2017 11:41:02   
Shadowhunt

No luck this time Fx, so... have another difficult one
AQ AQW  Post #: 88
9/22/2017 12:33:49   
fxmybrute13

Yah, I got hung up on one train of thought and wasn't flexible enough to consider other possibilities. Hope that doesn't happen this time.

spoiler:

My answer (Were-diver Morph)
1. Wanna go forwards? Na. --- When wearing flippers, you walk backwards because when wearing flippers, they typically drag and make it easy to trip. If you're aware of this and be careful, it's perfectly safe to walk forward. But you'll look stupidly funny doing this. I know this too well :)
2. Clearly you don't want to bother with dye either. --- Fur is color customizable so no need for fur dye. (I first checked the Northpointe Dye Shop for a potential solution because of this hint).
3. Fly me to the moon so I can bring back some samples. --- The armor is merged from Moon Rock Fragments.
4. We should take a vacation to the oceanfront. --- Lunacove is a beach map, and beaches are about as oceanfront as you can get.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/22/2017 12:43:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 89
9/25/2017 12:20:06   
Shadowhunt

You definitely were on the right path with a few of the clues. There were a few very sneaky ones I put in there for fun
AQ AQW  Post #: 90
9/26/2017 0:20:13   
fxmybrute13

I feel pretty salty for missing that one. I feel as if my answer was better. But whatever, time to put a cap on my frustration. (1)

For the riddle from 25/09 to 28/09.

Pretty sure it's going to be an AC-item, and not a 0 Gold sellback item, since typically you get paid for dropping off an item in a shop.
But that hardly narrows down the search. I checked the obvious Greenguardwest, but nothing seemed right there.

Alternatively, being taken care of, free of charge, may refer to it being used up in a quest.

Also checked things in the Dark Scroll hunt, but again, blank. Only Amethyst Gem was a plausible answer, but I don't think it's right.

(1) : Only first statement is true, the rest I had to include for the sake of the pun.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/26/2017 1:21:51 >
DF AQW  Post #: 91
9/26/2017 0:48:54   
Shadowhunt

I will tell you this (about the last riddle): I spelled "Na" like that, instead of "Nah", on purpose, as the next two letters in the riddle were Cl. NaCl is salt. That might have been one of the most ridiculous clues I have put in a riddle yet so I'm not at all surprised that you didn't get it. But, be aware of possibilities like that in the future. I pretty much always intentionally do things the way they are in a riddle to be specific clues.

Now, I have been doing hard ones lately, because I can
AQ AQW  Post #: 92
9/26/2017 19:00:42   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Apparently the ladies need to be careful around this.

Something referring to the in-game description? I'm not sure what "ladies" would need to be careful around. Sharp objects? Angry rabid wolves? Zeus, god of thunder?

Who knows what the goal is, but maybe heading East will help solve it?

Maybe the item also contains a riddle in itself?

You know what they say offense is the best for,

The best defense is a good offense.

and it's not breaking things.

So this isn't a weapon? Or maybe it's just not bugged.

At least if it grows too tiresome to carry, they'll take care of it free of charge.

Okay, so two scenarios here:
  • It's AC-tagged and the bank will take it for free
  • It's not AC-tagged, and is sellable/consumed in a merge shop/quest

< Message edited by ShatteredReality -- 9/26/2017 19:02:06 >
AQW  Post #: 93
9/29/2017 7:46:02   
fxmybrute13

Well, time running out, and my midterms weren't too generous either. So time to submit my best response.

spoiler:

My answer (Fishing Bait)

Apparently the ladies need to be careful around this. --- Bait refers to something you need to be wary of.
Who knows what the goal is, --- The fish you get from the fishin minigame is random
but maybe heading East will help solve it? --- The fishing game is east of greenguardwest.
You know what they say offense is the best for, and it's not breaking things. --- No clue, probably because its the wrong answer.
At least if it grows too tiresome to carry, they'll take care of it free of charge. --- Sells for 0 gold

Honestly, it's the lady careful clue that stumped me the most. So I tried to prioritize it when searching for stuff.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/29/2017 7:57:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 94
9/29/2017 11:07:27   
teravor

I guess this is a hard one to get started on but I'll give it a shot.

The time references lead me to suspect one of the chrono-classes, while 'Keep yourself safe' leads me to suspect either a support or tank. Now, since there's no support chrono class, I think it's chronocommander.

Or maybe I missed something completely.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
10/4/2017 1:20:35   
fxmybrute13

Sorry I missed the last one. Real busy this week. Homework, projects, aqw farming, aqw projects, and recruiting. It's like World War 3 on my sleep schedule.

For the riddle from 25/09 - 28/09, I actually found Rift Defense Medals and Riftbreaker Cutlass, but still didn't see the lady connection.
For the riddle from 29/09 - 01/10, I would like to think that I've would have gotten it, given some time.

But for the riddle from 02/10 - 05/10 (it says september though)

spoiler:

My answer (Ichneumon Spires)
Breaking your tailbone hurts, so how about you carry a few spares with you? --- Cape has 3 tailbones.
That way, if you get hurt slaying dragons or shadows, --- Designed by Shadowslayer after meeting with dragonslayers.
you'll have a replacement! --- Cape has 3 tailbones.
Gives you an idea, doesn't it? --- Cape is in the suggestion shop, which stems from an generated and offered idea.
Better pray you're not prey, though, because that would not be awesome. --- Item description talks about being preyed upon by a dragon.
DF AQW  Post #: 96
10/4/2017 10:48:08   
Shadowhunt

Heh, oops. Fixed that For that I will tell you the silliness that is the connection to ladies for the Riftbreaker Cutlass: "lass" is a term used for women in some places, so a Cutlass might cut lasses. They better be careful!
AQ AQW  Post #: 97
10/4/2017 14:29:10   
fxmybrute13

..... oh...... I see it now.

Pretty fitting for the season, since I typically associate the term lass with pirates. And that was during TLAPD.
DF AQW  Post #: 98
10/6/2017 10:24:03   
Shadowhunt

My clues aren't always great... But good job on getting the one from the last period! I still haven't figured out how to actually even pronounce it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 99
10/6/2017 10:35:39   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

quote:

I still haven't figured out how to actually even pronounce it.

Like this!

quote:

/ikˈn(y)o͞omən/

You can Google it if you want to, since it's an actual word.
AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Riddle Me This! On Hiatus
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition