Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Game Mechanics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Game Mechanics
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2017 14:36:35   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

By the way, the way the enhancements works in server rewrite is cool, I just have fear that functional classes like LDmK get useless after the rewrite.

Read the latest information about sever re-write on the DN, Alina did tlak about the classes..

quote:

Take the monster hp regen for example. While it is okay with monsters that have lower hp, when you get to the higher hp ones, the regen is pretty insane. There can be monsters that can recover all their hp back with ease. Player damage might not be able to keep up with that and I think there needs to be some adjustments to this. If player damage is increased, maybe the regen of monster hp would be okay. There are some changes that sound better than they are. The new effects parry and resist, I believe they are, add something unique, but I don't know much about them.

About this, i think all Monsters should use Mana for their attack , Special attacks , Regen hp etc likewise how players are able to use their classes when in battle to make it more clear, let's say a Fire monter whose elements is shown as Fire, it could be the class of the monter which it will be using in battle so definitely, any of his attacks it should be used from it's Mana and the normal/basic attack of the monter shouldn't use a mana (same thing happening for players, a classs skill number 1 do not use Mana when clicked) Other than this, i think all the ideas here are good

And about my own idea, i was thinking classes should also have their elements shown to know it an example is Pyromancer, there should be symbol of "fire" shown as an element on the class near were the description of the class is being located.. for you guys to understand my point (idk if it's right to add pictures here) here are some pictures which indicated what I am talking about about the classes elements Fire Element , Light Element , Water Element , Wind Element and Dark Element etc
Post #: 26
1/3/2017 19:54:42   
Edme MacHeath

I really want more work to be put into the storylines and cutscenes
The Throne of Darkness events were funny, enjoyable and clever, I hadn't felt that since the old Lowe Ranger Camp events.
I really thought that clever twists and wordplay made the cutscenes better. The way the ToD Bosses had to retell their side of the story really felt enjoyable
I loved the old ranger camp events because of their funny storylines that were also serious at times, they had different art effects like the first one being in NOIR black and white
and they had voice acting which was amazing to me.

Combat seems very bland at the moment. Monsters have mana for no reason, We can only really use the One Best Enhancement for a class, because all others have no value if one does everything better. And there is no aspect of customization. I liked the first post about customizable skill trees. That would be a great idea. I just hope the reworked enhancements will be a change to the one rules all.
AQ  Post #: 27
1/3/2017 21:00:38   
Sorawing7

Minor nitpicks:

Classes that target themselves like TSS and SS don't need to open up your own frame, it's really annoying having to click the 'X' every time when accidentally pressing Sigil when not fighting.

BANK PREVIEW: I'm sure any collector agrees with this, with about a bazillion AC items stored up in the bank from the past couple of years, most people don't even remember what 9/10 of the items in their bank look like anymore. Having preview and perhaps even a search option makes looking through the bank a lot less of a chore.

Monster Mana: Either give monster a usage for mana or get rid of it completely.

Enhancements: Currently the only 2 enhancements being used are Wizard and Luck based on the current mana regen model favoring critting or high damage. Strength, Endurance, Dexterity, and Wisdom are vastly underused as they are just not efficient. So 2 ideas of fixing this is:
- Creating classes with more versatile mana regen models, don't be afraid to experiment, there's plenty of classes out there already.
- Nerfing Luck and Wizard enhancements or buffing the other stats, for example:
Strength: Changing 'improves critical strike chance' to 'improves haste' like Intellect
Endurance: Slight Addition to Evasion.
Dexterity: Vastly increase haste per Dexterity point.
Wisdom: Increase Healing in all areas (Nerf Healing for Intellect)

Auto-accepting Quests: Since a major theme in this game is farming, it would be really useful to have an auto reaccept option turning in a quest, saving time and clicking.

< Message edited by Sorawing7 -- 1/4/2017 7:47:13 >
AQW  Post #: 28
1/4/2017 20:35:18   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

they had voice acting which was amazing to me.

I like this part most

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 3/24/2017 15:27:02 >
Post #: 29
3/23/2017 20:56:46   
danang5

>Some old class feels really useless now(basic class,necromancer,,lycan,paladin,doomknight,etc)

>why a boss drop class (scarlet sorceress) is way stronger and more versatile that a class that need tons of farming?(referring to rep class released before throne of darkness like necromancer,ranger,battlemage,etc.)

>Regarding ranger,its auto attack supposed to be special because its ranged,but the combat mechanic that make monster just teleport in front of you when u attack it make it feels like its just another auto attack

>why some monster with ranged weapon/attack still teleport to your face to attack?

>bow now have animation,why not gun?i see some monster with gun animation,and some bow dont even have the bow animation yet(sir valence's longshot is one of them)

>Ranking up class to rank 10 is not really as rewarding as it should in a lot of classes,(rank 10 for just a small chance of boosted haste/HoT/mana boost for several second? sign me in /s),i feel like rank 6-9 should filled with passive stuff like in rank 4 and 10 to make ranking up classes feels more rewarding.

>Why glacial warlord did not get un-nerfed?i feel like with the newer class power,glacial warlord should be in his original form

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/23/2017 22:36:02   
Psych

Maybe a Gunslinger class with a gun animation! That'd be neat.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/23/2017 22:42:12   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

@danang5
quote:

>Some old class feels really useless now(basic class,necromancer,,lycan,paladin,doomknight,etc)

Paladin received a buff and is now the best Undead slaying class in game.
Post #: 32
3/23/2017 23:06:20   
danang5

@gojeta

i havent play paladin again since my membership expired,and i think arcpaladin beat paladin even after the buff.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/24/2017 0:49:34   
Aggreron

^ archpaladin is more of a tanking class and isnt suited for farming while
paladin is the best undead farming class
AQW  Post #: 34
3/24/2017 3:30:24   
Fahed

its fun how peoples forget about all this classes the no one use at all in game Acolyte, Renegade, Sorcerer, Beast Warrior, Enforcer/Rustbucket/ProtoSartorium, StarLord, Defender, Berserker, Warlord and Assassin class the are all completed dead in game.

how about change skills with new skills like make Warlord over tank like you did with Classic Legion DoomKnight.

just do something about this poor cool classes given chance to shine again.

AQW  Post #: 35
3/24/2017 3:40:14   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Psych

quote:

Maybe a Gunslinger class with a gun animation! That'd be neat.

A Gunslinger class already exists, but it isn't for mere mortals like us. Only the gods of AQW get to wield its power.

---------------

Elemental Damage

Honestly, this would ruin the game. AQW doesn't need this level of complexity.

A use for the 6th skill slot

Who are we kidding, barely anyone uses potions. Therefore, we should get amulets that act like trinkets in DF where players can get a special move to add onto any class.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/24/2017 9:54:20   
Icaro

Ever since i started farming for items, seeing all this drops in front of my face and obscurring paths to the next screen, options, etc. its get annoying to clikc no to every single one of them. It gets worse when the drop i wanted is just way up there with other items. The worse offender is the quest ''Supplies to Spin The Wheel of Chance from Drudgen the Assistant.

My solution would be, to create like a drop inventory type of window where you can see which items are pending to be acepted or declined, without the issue of hiding half the screen of having to kill another monster to the drops window to come down to se if your item just dropped

< Message edited by Icaro -- 3/24/2017 9:57:56 >
Post #: 37
3/24/2017 10:23:00   
Aggreron

^ i agree

but my proposal is slightly different

i suggest to make size of the boxes of the drops smaller, as in the literal size, so that more items can stack without overly cluttering the screen, i don't know if its codable but it'd be great if drops of the same kind will stack together instead of being independent, as in for example, in /evilwarnul, when the 2nd archfiend favor drops, it would stack with the 1st one instead of being separate

< Message edited by Aggreron -- 3/24/2017 10:25:22 >
AQW  Post #: 38
7/22/2018 18:34:14   
Martin901

Greetings to everyone.

A long time ago since i play this game but about 2 years ago I enter occasionally and I no longer play as much as before and during that time I sometimes think about how it could be a better touch in the game mechanics section as in the ''progression of level and the effects of the statistics in the classes, how base statistics are affected by enchantments and how the base statistics work without any alterations'' and others, also from that the game after a while can get bored of doing the same thing and with this it will be a bit more interesting to play since you could experiment with which class you play better or with which you go with a boss in specific, etc ...

Now is clearly is easier said than done.

I'll start and i'm sorry for the Big size of the suggestion.

System of Stats

In this all the stats will be kept at a fixed value that will be 100 points for each one and the changes that the character will suffer will depend if the stat in question is 100 points that is 100% or higher or lower than would indicate that the Effects on the stat will be increased if it is greater than 100 points or reduced if it is less than 100 points.

Example: strength 100 points

Physical attack: 523 damage

Calculating if you have a bonus or not:

(value physical attack x normal strength) / original strength

Physical attack value = 523 damage (a dps can also be used)
Original strength = 100 points (It is always 100 points, since it is the original value)
Normal strength = 100 points (It depends on the strength of the class used)

Then it would be:

(523x100 points) / 100 points = 523 damage

Notes:

• If the strength or stat studied is greater / smaller the value will change.

• Only for the base value, not the bonus.

• This same can be used to explain the following stats.

Strength:

• Base Strength:

The main stat of the classes that use physical power.

If this stat is 100 points it means that all its effects will work 100% and if it is greater or less, its effects can be increased or decreased.

100% damage with physical attacks
    5% Crit chance with physical attacks
    20% Crit damage with physical attacks
    2% resistance to physical attacks

• Strength by the bonus of enchantments:

The Strength by Enchantment bonus, increase the physical attack by 5 points but also when a certain number is received a bonus to increase the resistance and crit damage with physical attacks.

The number of points to receive the bonus is 20 points.

That is to say every 20 extra points of strength per bonus =

+ 4% damage with physical attacks
    + 10% crit damage with physical attacks
    + 1% resistance to physical attacks

Intellect:

• Base Intellect:

The main stat of the classes that use magic power.

If this stat is 100 points it means that all its effects will work 100% and if it is greater or less, its effects can be increased or decreased.

100% damage with magic attacks
    5% Crit chance with magic attacks
    20% Crit damage with magic attacks
    1% resistance to magic attacks

• Intellect for the bonus of enchantments:

The Intellect by Enchantment Bonus increase the magic power by 5 points but also when a certain number is received a bonus that increased resistance and crit damage with magical attacks.

That is to say every 20 extra points of intellect per bonus =

+ 4% damage with magic attacks
    + 10% crit damage with magic attacks
    + 1% resistance to magic attacks

Endurace:

• Base Endurance:

The stat that measures that I could endure in a fight a warrior or mage.

5% damage reduction of all received attacks
    5% reduction of damage from critical attacks received

• Endurace by the bonus of enchantments:

The Endurance by Enchantment Bonus, increase the health by 10 points normally but also when a certain number is received a bonus to increase the reduction of damage by attacks and critical attacks.

That is to say every 20 bonus points of endurace =

+ 2% damage reduction of all types of attacks
    + 3% damage reduction from critical attacks of all types

Dexterity:

• Base Dexterity:

The stat of the physical classes and influences the general abilities of a warrior.

90% Hit chance with physical attacks
    10% evasion of physical attacks
    50% speed (haste) with physical attacks
    10% crit chance with physical attacks

• Dexterity for the bonus of enchantments:

The dexterity by Enchantment Bonus, give a bonus when you get to a certain number of points that will increase: evasion, hit chance, crit chance and speed with physical attacks.

That is to say every 20 extra dexterity points =

+ 1% hit chance with physical attacks
    + 1% evasion of physical attacks
    + 1% speed with physical attacks
    + 2% crit chance with physical attacks

Wisdom:

• Base Wisdom:

The stat of the magic classes and influences the general abilities of a magician.

90% Hit chance with magic attacks
    10% evasion of the magic attacks
    50% speed (haste) with magic attacks
    10% crit chance with magic attacks

• Wisdom for the bonus of enchantments:

The wisdom of Enchantment Bonus, give a bonus when you get to a certain number of points that will increase: evasion, hit chance, crit chance and speed with magic attacks.

That is to say every 20 extra points of wisdom =

+ 1% hit chance with magic attacks
    + 1% evasion of the magic attacks
    + 1% speed with magic attacks
    + 2% crit chance with magic attacks

Luck:

• Luck Base:

The stat that every adventurer needs if he wants to have very good fortune on his way.

Here the luck has 4 effects, 2 of them work in combat while the other 2 function as a general effect.

Combat Effects:

5% Crit chance for physical/magical attacks
    10% Crit damage for physical/magical attacks

Effects in general:

5% extra chance to get an object (Works with mobs but no missions)
    5% chance to get large amounts of an object (Works with mobs and missions)

Note:

• All these effects if they will be affected by the Luck stat

• These characteristics work a little differently from the others:

Explanation: When you are giving an extra 5%, what you do is add to the real value your 5%, as you can see from the following equation.

Real droprate + ((5% x actual droprate) / 100%) = Droprate with the bonus of the percentage

Example: 5% extra drop rate of an object with a drop rate of 2%.

2% chance + ((5% x 2%) )/ 100% = 2% chance + 0.1% chance = 2.1% chance

Note: It may look like very little but it will really have an influence when you have it in quite large quantities.

• Luck for the bonus of the enchantments:

Luck by Enchantment Bonus, give a bonus when you get to a certain number of points that will increase the: Crit chance, Crit damage for physical/magical attacks and chance to get an object and large amounts of them.

That is to say every 20 extra points of luck =

+ 2% crit chance for physical/magical attacks
    + 5% Crit damage for physical/magic attacks
    + 1% chance to get an object
    + 2% chance to get large amounts of an object

Team's luck System

When several players fight against a mob to obtain an item with droprate, as all players work to defeat it all the players' luck is added and the total is divided by the number of players to obtain the general value of luck.

Example: 4 players go for a item with a droprate of 5%

Player 1 Droprate Chance: 5.15% , Player 2 Droprate Chance: 5.25% , Player 3 Droprate Chance: 6.15% , Player 4 Droprate Chance: 5.15%

Claculaing general luck for these players:

((Player 1 + Player 2 + Player 3 + Player 4) Droprate)/4 = General Luck

(5.15% + 5.25% + 6.15% + 5.15%)/4 = 21.70%/4 = 5,425%

Notes:

• And this would be the luck that all players will have clear without counting the enchantment bonds would be greater, of course as you see the player 3 did not come out very benefited from all this because it is only for those who want to make groups.

• In any case if you do not want to do this simply look for a different room to farmear or to help a friend and most importantly the chance may have been reduced but survival and speed have increased.

• Of course if it is a strong enemy this would work a lot but if it is a weak enemy or one with which you can deal with yourself it is clearly better to do it alone.

Important Note:

The effects of the drop rate increase of the luck statistics will not increase if the object to be obtained has a fixed droprate.

Level Progression

STR (Strength), INT (Intellect), END (Endurance), DEX (Dexterity), WID (Wisdom), LUK (Luck)

When a player starts at level 1 his stats will be evenly distributed if he has his default class the adventurous class (which is the class that I propose to start in the game and then choose one of the 4 initials) also during the progression level 600 base points are not going to increase by more than level rise since those are the ones that are going to maintain the balance between the stats since what will increase are characteristics that can be handled in base to the stats.

The player starts with:
  • 50 physcal damage
  • 50 magical damage
  • 100 health
  • Dexterity, Widsom and Luck they will continue to have the bonuses they already have indicated in the stat system.

Example: Player level 1, Adventurer class:

• 55 physcal damage
  • 55 magical damage
  • 100 health
  • Dexterity, Widsom and Luck (Same boost indicated before)

STR: 100 = All bonus working at 100% capacity.
    INT: 100 = ,,
    END: 100 = ,,
    WID: 100 = ,,
    DEX: 100 = ,,
    LUK: 100 = ,,

Note: I use 100 points to make it agree with 100%, but it can easily be changed to 10 points or 20 points.

Why the stats are still remaining the same?

Because they are a base and they will never change with the exception of changing class wich alter the distribution of the stats, also with the progression of level what increases will be the following values that besides the side will have the stat that if the general value is altered will also be altered:

For each level that is increased:
  • The HP will increase by 100 points. (Altered by the stat Endurace)
  • Physical damage increases by 5 points. (Altered by the stat Strength)
  • Magical damage increases by 5 points. (Altered by the stat Intellect)
  • Dexterity, Widsom and Luck will not be strengthened with the levels so the only way to strengthen them will be with enchantments.

Now with everything explained now you will now see a level 100 player following the idea, Player level 100, Adventurer class:

550 physcal damage
    550 magical damage
    10000 health
    Dexterity, Widsom and Luck still remain the same.

STR: 100 = All bonus working at 100% capacity.
    INT: 100 = ,,
    END: 100 = ,,
    WID: 100 = ,,
    DEX: 100 = ,,
    LUK: 100 = ,,

Note:

Stats Changes by the classes

Also this is only with the adventurous class if we try another class as a warrior, magician, rogue or healer, as they have distributed stat in a different way but in the same amount that would indicate that it is done for a specific job such as: hurt a lot by the physical or magical part, being very fast attacking and evading a lot by the physical or magical part or enduring a lot of physical or magical blows.

Now how to know how much is the difference between the warrior class and the adventurer

Example: Player level 1, Adventurer class:

STR: 100
    INT: 100
    END: 100
    WID: 100
    DEX: 100
    LUK: 100

All these added stats give a value of 600 points that represent 100% of the character if we change the class for example to the warrior class:

Example: Player level 1, Warrior class:

STR: 150 All bonus working at 150% capacity.
    INT: 60 All bonus working at 60% capacity.
    END: 150 All bonus working at 150% capacity.
    DEX: 60 All bonus working at 60% capacity.
    WID: 90 All bonus working at 90% capacity.
    LUK: 90 All bonus working at 90% capacity.

The distribution of the 600 points changes but not the value, this is not always true, since there may be classes that may have more / less than 600 basis points.

As you can see the distribution weakened some stats but strengthened others, this is so that each class can fulfill a specific function or if you encounter a very strong enemy in specific stats it is always good to use a class.

You can calculate the growth with respect to the original class, simply to calculate the difference what you do is using the stat of force as an example:

Warrior Strength / Adventurer Strength = Difference

150 Strength / 100 Strength = 1.5 times the original strength .

Utility: Only to know the difference between the original class (Adventurer) and new class (Warrior).

Note: All this can be applied for any class in the game.

With all of this the game will have much more strategy when the player fight againts a enemy or another player and this will indirectly affect the classes, PvP and farming with the classes for better or worse.

Now i suggest a change to the battle system adding more button options to give more use to the potions and adding a new type of skill the ''Gear Skill'' that works when you have a item, weapon or set.

Battle system (Skill System):

At present the system of the classes are 1 auto attack, 3 special techniques and 1 for the potions, but in the end the potions, do not serve much due, to that better to use the techniques of the classes, that is why I will make a change in this:

The new system is: 1 space for the auto attack, 3 spaces for special techniques, 1 space of set skill/gear skill and 3 spaces of quick selection for the potions/booster/etc. ..

How would it be ordered?

It would be the same with the difference that the icons will be a little smaller and up will have 3 spaces for the potions, booster, etc. .. So they don't take so much space.

Gear/Set skill? What is that?

A skill that you can use when you get a specific gear (weapon, armor, helmet, cloak) or the four/three-part union to unlock it. (Do not count classes)

Examples:

Gear Skill: Blinding light of Destiny (Blod)

Blinding Brightness (Rank N/A) You need the Blinding Light Of Destiny to activate it.
    Mana Cost: 20
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Type: N/A (depends on which skill is activated)
    Description: With the blinding light of destiny, you cast a glow so strong that it causes your enemy to be stunned for 2 sec and lose the part for the Brightness vision for 6 sec. (No weapon damage, no fail, effect name is blind stun: stun the enemy for 2 seconds, blinded: Reduces hit chance by 40% for 6 seconds)

Set Skill: Armor of Awe (AoA)

Awe Force (Rank N/A) You need the (AoA, HoA, and CoA) to activate it.
    Mana Cost: 30
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Type: N/A (depends on which skill is activated)
    Description: Being the possessor of the armor of awe, you can call this great power to use it in your battle and thus win your enemy awe!, increase your damage output, crit damage and reduces the damage taken by 25% for 8 seconds. (No weapon damage, no fail, effect name is AWE force: increase your damage output, crit damage and reduces the damage taken by 25% for 8 seconds)

How does it depend on which skills uses?

Well that is to say depending on the class skill that can be physical/magical or both, then so that the skill can be used in all kinds of classes and not lose effectiveness, there may be exceptions of articles that functions with magic classes and others with physics.

So you can say that if you use skill 1, 2, 3, 4 of a class, the movement does not lose effectiveness, but can lose more mana than you want so it is better to set which skill spends less (eye: This would only apply to items that have more than 2 skill and to use you have to combine the button 5 , with the 1, 2, 3, 4), in case of being a single skill is the button 5 only.

These are just a few examples: but there are many more like: Blade of Awe (BoA) (gear), Necrotic Sword of Doom (NSoD) (gear), ArchFiend Doomlord (ADL) (set), etc..

This should only be applied to items very difficult to get like those mentioned above, so that it is so much more comforting to have them.

Can this affect the game?

Yes but not too (from the general point of view), why? The system in the PvE, serious in which more benefits would bring and would return a little more entertaining, now in the PvP (although not very developed), if it affected partly this because if used, uff, but still I think it's a good idea.

3 spaces for potions? For what? If we already have the set/gear skill?

Although not created are important, only that the system has not been implemented well, I would recommend that you give a boost of effectiveness all to the potions to make them more valuable and useful (also count, tonics and Elixirs).

And if that boost is done with those items, where could we get them?

Well some can buy with, gold or AC, get them as a drop and/or alchemy (where they are the best of all lore) where you have to create, making combinations of various materials, to ask you.

This would give a more important value to the Alchemy faction because by increasing the effectiveness, players will be more interested in using them.

Thats is a part of my suggestions to the game that will help the game to attract new and old players although I think it is necessary to fix more things I think you are on the right track and that is cool, so I just come to give this suggestion so that the game grows and becomes better.

Have a good time guys.

< Message edited by Martin901 -- 7/22/2018 18:44:54 >
  • AQW  Post #: 39
    7/27/2018 7:06:42   
    Foulman

If it's possible, I'd like to have more than 4 skills+1 AA for every class. I'd also like to have a customisable stat system for every level up and a lot more control over item stats. There just isn't enough variety for each player and the limited skill sets just give us the old heal+nuke+debuff/buff+spam skill combo. Remember the good old days when there weren't any cosmetic armours? The AE team created cosmetic armours in order to stop making clone classes - just look at how many clones of the rogue class are in the game. AQW has been around too long, and the 4 skill limit has pushed us straight back into the old problem of clone classes.

Look, if it's not at all possible to add more skills to each class, I'd like to see some form of class mixing. AE has just as many great ideas as GRRM, only you've neglected the opportunity to put all of your greatest ideas into one masterpiece.

- Herosmash doesn't have classes. Skills function like functional equipment, giving the player more than enough room to experiment with all of those different combinations.

- Epicduel has got a great skill points/stat points system, while Mana/EP actually plays a huge role in combat. It gives you an idea of what AQW PvP could have been, especially with the concept of class balancing.

- AQ has a great storyline and great aesthetics, so it was really nice to see the AQ font make a comeback in the latest sneak peek for AQW. It also has a great stat assignment system, just like Epicduel. The class ranking system is the best one out every AE game - what if we got 10 class quests from an actual class trainer to get to rank 10 in AQW, instead of mindlessly spamming at Battlegrounde? I also like the quest reward concept - you unlock the shop when you complete the quest. None of this stupid spamming for low drop sets, just a pure reward system that actually feels rewarding. Oh, and there's also the concept of subraces. Wouldn't it be nice to have Nekos, Lycans, Vamps, Werepyres and Dracopyres (NOT dracowerepyre) as playable subraces, with different passive bonuses and skillsets? You're supposed to be returning to Darkovia soon; perhaps you could work this stuff into AQW?

- DF has the best storyline, and possibly some of the best aesthetics out of all the AE games. It also has a great feed/train/hire your pet component.

- Oversoul is without a doubt the best looking game that AE ever made. Because it's a card game with possessions (a darker variant of Pokemon), there aren't many gameplay components which could be added to AQW. The monster sets should all be imported to AQW, because they're simply too good to miss. This honestly could have been a hit on mobile.

Feel free to add other features that I might have missed, but I hope AE seriously considers this stuff and IMPLEMENTS at least some of it.

Post edited. Check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Foulman -- 7/31/2018 8:50:04 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
    7/29/2018 13:33:33   
    zanathos

What I'd like to see most is an evolution of the Guilds system beyond just an extra title and an extended friends list. I'd love to see the Gold cap raised tremendously (100 Million+) and see it used as the primary currency for all Guild-based transactions. This keeps guild interactions fair and balanced, as nobody is paying real world money to make their guild better.

-Things like Guild Cities should come back, with players able to pool or tribute their unused houses and house items to the guild city inventory to build truly unique headquarters that all members can feel a part of.

-A renewed emphasis on tradeskills, and full integration with guilds: Many players ingame either don't like tradeskills or aren't very good at using them. Guilds with players who are high-ranked in these tradeskills should be able to craft weapons/spells/potions/food and sell them in a marketplace set up in their city. Of course, this would require the long-delayed release of blacksmithing. The rise of merchant guilds and a player-based AQW economy is an intriguing idea that would finally catapult AQW into true mmo territory imo.

-Some sort of bounty system for players who are struggling with a boss or questline. Not unlike the underused quest board in Battleon, there should be a guild item called a Bounty Board or something that works similar to the Let's Party thread in which players or groups fill out a form detailing what they want help with and how much gold they are willing to pay, and guilds have the option of accepting said bounties on first come first serve. This may not work as well with the current culture of aqw seeming to be "pretend to be afk when someone asks for help or straight up insult them for not being a level 80 void highlord that can kill 99% of the game already". However, with guild rewards such as gold and reputation, perhaps this would change since veterans now have an incentive to help the "noobs" out.

-Guild Reputation: Every quest and boss fight a guild member completes awards a little bit of guild reputation. The reputation isall pooled together and goes up to 100. As a guild ranks up in reputation they would be awarded perks such as discounts on Guild Buildings, guild-wide damage boosts, guild-wide reputation/xp/class boosts (no more than 10%), Guild Amenities, etc. etc. Bounties would award the highest amounts of Guild reputation, so as to provide further incentive to helping out struggling members.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
    8/4/2018 10:58:10   
    Nessa Ellensse

Increase the drop rate for the BOA pieces.. It's nearly impossible to get the last piece of the blade of Awe in AQWorlds and some players don't have 12 hours aday to farm chaos lords until it drops.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
    8/6/2018 9:41:43   
    Foulman

@Nessa Ellensse

This is what I'm talking about. The BoA is an unbearably painful attempt to artificially increase our playing time; it doesn't do anything except to discourage a large portion of the playerbase. The over reliance on RNG and stupidly low drop rates is large part of why the playerbase has almost completely died out. It's boring, it provides no sense of progress and it doesn't even give you a feeling of relief when you finally get the drop. The worst part is, they didn't learn from the pigheaded quest design of the BoA and AoA. No, they multiplied the "difficulty" (RNG/grindiness/complexity/inventory clogging) and put it into the more recent Nulgath quests like AFDL, VHL and Void Spartan. Other examples include the NSoD (really, what were you thinking?), SDKA, BLoD and the Plague Knight sets.

There just isn't enough variety/skill trees/skill evolution/build customisation to justify this sort of nonsense. Almost every release in the past 4 years has been a shallow filler. At least our earlier fillers had high quality gear to earn; most of the more recent ones don't even have good enough incentives to attempt. Background art and music has been consistently good, but it's not like you'll be playing through an area just for the environment and the atmosphere.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
    8/6/2018 11:23:21   
    zanathos

None of the items you speak on are required to enjoy the game. They are endgame items and entirely optional, the level of difficulty/rng is imo completely fair. If you want the gear, work for it. Are the drop rates annoying? Yes, but that just serves to make it feel all the more rewarding when you do finally get the item you are looking for. I understand not everyone has the time to farm (I've been slowly working towards BLoD since it came out, still don't have it but I'm close).

The team has made excellent strides towards item farming in recent releases, with the merge shops and drops being relatively easy to get, with many sets being non-member ac storage. AQW has a lot of gameplay issues, but I think the RNG isn't a big one.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
    8/7/2018 0:31:26   
    Ninjaty

quote:

Increase the drop rate for the BOA pieces.. It's nearly impossible to get the last piece of the blade of Awe in AQWorlds and some players don't have 12 hours aday to farm chaos lords until it drops.

I'd say that this is one of the few farming items in the game that I think is done perfectly, and should be left alone. I find it highly relaxing just standing next to a single monster and farming it for hours on end, as long as you can beat it on your own. When I have to run from room to room, or heavens forbid, map to map, to do farming quests, then they become tedious to me. By all means, let's have more items like the BoA and less like the BLoD.

Sometimes I even still farm Runes Found, despite having BoA on all my characters, just to relax for a bit.
    Post #: 45
    8/7/2018 9:21:22   
    joeyof98

Has the dark scroll.quest-chain reached completion? If not, that may be worth criticizing.
    Post #: 46
    8/10/2018 4:37:45   
    Jams Loyal Subject

quote:

Has the dark scroll.quest-chain SERVER REWRITE that has been 99% complete for 4 YEARS reached completion? If not, that may be worth criticizing.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
    8/10/2018 7:35:17   
    Foulman

quote:

Sometimes I even still farm Runes Found, despite having BoA on all my characters, just to relax for a bit.

cool story bro

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
    8/10/2018 14:54:29   
    Ninjaty

@above: Thank you, though I do feel it a bit strange for you to phrase it like that. It's just one of those quests that never really gets old.
    Post #: 49
    8/10/2018 23:27:29   
    Foulman

Each to their own, I guess. However, I can say with absolute certainty that most players do not want to farm low RNG quests "for fun."
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Game Mechanics
    Page 2 of 3<123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition