Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Quests, Activity Diversity, End-Game Items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Quests, Activity Diversity, End-Game Items
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2017 12:06:38   
Lathiel

Because it only applies the last boost you equipped. Unequipping that item then removes your boost completely regardless of other boost items you have equipped at the time. Even if they were meant to be unstackable until now, it should apply the highest one, not the last one.
Post #: 76
1/26/2017 12:32:57   
Veya

That's not "bugged", that's "working as intended, the intended way of working isn't great, but it is what you have".

It's basically a safety measure to make sure you can't keep boosts without the appropriate items, just re-equip your boost item and it will fix it.
AQW  Post #: 77
1/26/2017 14:23:57   
Aura Knight

When it comes to endgame item farming the thing I hate reading most is "you may receive, at random" because at times it can mean you'd waste a day for nothing, assuming a quest takes an entire day to be completed. From now on I wish we could steer clear of that. As long as there is guaranteed progress, endgame farming can be okay. And I think this is an omay thing to ask for. And if rng must be used, at least be reasonable with it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
1/26/2017 23:23:22   
beii

wow...then i am really unlucky, i turned the quest in 4 times, got all the gears, but no uni 35. Honestly these rng based "end-game" item are the worst T.T
Right now i dont even know if i want to keep doing more of them and have a chance on completing
Post #: 79
1/26/2017 23:36:56   
Valtorous

@beii

Your only at 4 turn ins though. D:
Don't give up now. The record amount to my knowledge is 39. So you got a ways to go to beat it. ;D
AQW  Post #: 80
1/27/2017 6:40:53   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

AFDL and the old Highlord quest are both great examples of RNG being at it's worst.
A quest that takes maybe a couple minutes per turn in, attaching an RNG dependant drop to that quest, which is required to progress, is fine, like BLoD.
A quest that takes at least a day worth of farming should never have an RNG dependant reward that is required to progress the questline. If it does though, there should at least be given something that, if you have enough of that, you can progres without needing that other RNG drop. This will make sure that there's a cap to how unlucky you could be and it also gives more incentive to farm more and not give up due to RNG being against you.
AQW  Post #: 81
1/27/2017 7:03:52   
Lathiel

Meanwhile I got all 4 parts. All that's left for me is 100 Essence of Nulgath and 5000 Archfiend's Favor.

@beii Good luck on getting your Uni 35.
Post #: 82
1/27/2017 7:56:21   
xstreamshadow

Meanwhile here i am sick of farming after SDKA, Shadow legacy of nulgath and Guardian of spirits blade( two of which isn't even end game).
But Currently partway to getting my 2nd AFDL piece and i don't plan to get any more than the locks which i have and the shadowfiend cape, as there are otherweps with 15% damage boost and i''m not willing to torture myself for an additional 10% damage boost( there's almost visible ninja with a 5% damage boost).
AQW  Post #: 83
1/27/2017 10:10:33   
XeNON_54

Sadly, farming for AFDL just got much harder now that DGE has been nerfed.
Post #: 84
1/27/2017 12:01:41   
ShadowMoon

that wouldn't be so much of a problem if they cranked up uni 35s drop rate to 90%
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
1/27/2017 13:07:18   
beii

Honestly why did they change the dreadrock gem exchange. If it was because of the "nerf" to the void highlord quest, then i would rather have them revert it. Having a good farming quest is way better than a stupid hard to get class that i wont even use...well to me it is...dont judge

but yea, what is the best way to get dark crystal shard now?
Post #: 86
1/27/2017 21:02:53   
orc orc orc

@above
The Dreadrock nerf wasn't any deal that came along with the VHL change; there were plans to nerf it. Even if the VHL quest stayed the same, the same thing would have probably happened. That said, Shards are now much tougher to get now. Your best bets are Nation Loyalty Rewarded and Essence of Defeat Reagent. I prefer Nation Loyalty Rewarded as it requires less room hopping (no Yokaiwar shenanigans) and half as many Makais.

I personally love the VHL change. Now since the RoNs are guaranteed, we can make actual progress without having to pray to RNGesus. The previous one was horrible because not only was the quest lengthy and expensive, 95% of the time all that effort would be wasted. There was no incentive for hard work. I find this a massive improvement in this regard.

Sure, VHL requires a whopping 1700 Tainted Gems, but it's the same deal with the 10k Spirit Orbs for BLoD. We even get them through similar methods. (Bone Dust Reagent vs. Bust Some Dust, except BD reagent requires less dusts and just like how Spirit Orbs have an Undead Essence alternative, TGs have Cube Reagent) Keep in mind this is an endgame item, so it is going to require some time investment.

I really am happy for the change to VHL's quest. Yeah, the DGE nerf, while necessary (due to inflation), kinda blew it for some, which is understandable.
Post #: 87
1/28/2017 5:01:50   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

I really am happy for the change to VHL's quest. Yeah, the DGE nerf, while necessary (due to inflation), kinda blew it for some, which is understandable.

agreed.
Post #: 88
6/21/2017 11:53:22   
Ferozakh

I personally think the RNG system should be totally removed, as it has caused a lot of problems like drops rates being mixed up, ranging from 1% to 10% when the 1% items drop more often than the 10% ones. Also, it has also sparked more disappointment than praise. On top of that, RNG has totally ruined how farming used to be.

Farming should always be done by hard work and determination, and not "luck", which creates a vast misunderstanding as others would think why player A got item C in just one kill but player B still hadn't got the same item for weeks.

What can be done to improve it?

-I'd personally suggest a complete shutdown of the RNG system, and instead, arrange them according to how often they should drop (ie. 1%, 5%, 20%, 100%), so players could get whatever item they want without having this unfair feeling. But hey, that's up to you.

-Alternatively selling that one quest item or item for a price would also be a better measure, as not all people like farming for long lengths of time.

-Create another ignore list, but for drop items.

With that said, I've been playing AQW for almost a decade and I'd love to farm and play but in a more fair and comfortable way. Thanks for making AQW a game I'd play than any others! :)

Removed cheating discussion. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 6/21/2017 13:28:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
6/23/2017 21:46:43   
Martin901

Greetings, All I want is this, for now.

I have a recommendation for the missions of Nulgath, to be more specific '' kiss the Void '',

Why? Well it is the only mission of Nulgath that gives Bloodgems of the archfiend for the non-mem and then I would like to show two ideas that may like the forum community.

First let's look at the current quest:

Quest ''Kiss The Void'': (Current)

The time has come to go deep into the Void… IF you survive the madness, you will have earned the CHANCE for my rewards. Bring me 8 Broken Betrayal Blades from Legion Lycans, 80 Shards of Chaos from the monsters in the Northlands and Tendurrr. SOULS NEED TO DIE AS WELL HAHAHAHA!

- When Completed
Yes… yes. I see you have earned your chance at my rewards.

Items Required:

Tendurrr The Assistant x1
Fragment of Chaos x80 (Limit x80)
Broken Betrayal Blade x8 (Drop Rate: Below 1%)
Dropped by Legion Fenrir

Rewards:

10,000 Gold
10,000 Exp

Items:

Unidentified 10 (Item): "Bag of Dirt" x5
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x1

You may also receive, at random:

Blood Gem of the Archfiend x2
1st Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
2nd Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
3rd Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
4th Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
5th Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
6th Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
7th Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)
8th Betrayal Blade of Nulgath (Sword)

Now I'll go with the recommendations:

Suggestion 1:

Quest ''Kiss The Void'': (New version)

The time has come to go deep into the Void… IF you survive the madness, you will have earned the CHANCE for my rewards. Bring me 8 Broken Betrayal Blades from Legion Lycans, 8 Broken Betrayal Hilts from Legion Infantry, 80 Shards of Chaos from the monsters in the Northlands and Tendurrr. SOULS NEED TO DIE AS WELL HAHAHAHA!

When completed:

Yes… yes. I see you have earned your chance at my rewards.

Items Required:

Fragment of Chaos x100 (Extend This limit) (Before: 80, Now: 500)
Broken Betrayal Blade x8 (Drop Rate: Before: Below 1%, Now: 5%)
Dropped by Legion Fenrir
Broken Betrayal Hilt x8 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 5%)
Dropped by Legion Infantry

Rewards:

5,000 Gold
5,000 Exp

You will receive one of the following:

Blood Gem of the Archfiend x1
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x2
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x3

You will also receive, at random:

Suggestion 2:

Here this mission will be departed in 2 new missions, each with its own difficulty and rewards.

Quest ''Blood Gems Of The Archfiend'': (New Quest) (Non-Mem)

Requirements:

Unidentified 13: "The Contract of Nulgath"

Well, so you want my blood gems of the archfiend, well then you'll have to find me a few gems that have some good value for me I want a Fragment of Chaos from the monsters in northlands, Gem of Domination from monsters in shadowblast arena, Void Gems from Void Dragon and a TENDURRR, so get to work minion ...

When completed:,

Very well minion here's your pay...

Items Required:

Fragment of Chaos x100 (Extend This limit) (Before: 80, Now: 500)
Gem of Domination x1
Void Gem x1 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 1%)
Dropped by Void Dragon
ArchFiend Gem x1 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 1%)
Dropped by Dreadfiend
Blood Gem x1 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 10%)
Dropped by Blood Titan

Rewards:

5,000 Gold
5,000 Exp

Items:

Unidentified 10 (Item): "Bag of Dirt" x10

Blood Gem of the Archfiend x1 (Chance 54.5%)
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x2 (Chance 20%)
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x3 (Chance 15%)
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x4 (Chance 10%)
Blood Gem of the Archfiend x10 (Chance 0.5%)

Quest ''Betrayal Blades'': (New Quest) (Non-Mem or Mem)

Well, so you want my Betrayal Blades, well then you'll have to find me a few things that have some good value for me, I want a Broken Betrayal Blade, Broken Betrayal Hilt, Betrayal Soul and a TENDURRR, so go get them ...

When completed:

Very well minion I see that you won the privilege of having one of my betrayal blades, very well...

Items Required:

Broken Betrayal Blade x8 (Drop Rate: Before: Below 1%, Now: 5%)
Dropped by Legion Fenrir
Broken Betrayal Hilt x8 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 5%)
Dropped by Legion Infantry
Betrayal Soul x8 (New Temp. Item: Drop Rate: 5%)
Dropped by Laken

Rewards:

5,000 Gold
5,000 Exp

(Chance Random)

Corrections: I have done the quest several times and the drop rate does not seem like I said before less than 1%, is about 5% (I guess).

Currently this mission is tedious and does not give much, so I have these two new with which to make sure we are going to get something, but with a lot of work, as Nulgath does.

Of course the current problem would be the drop rate of the broken betrayal blades, but I preferred to divide them as they look much better this way.

In such a case that suggestion 2 does not take into account (for some reason), this is suggestion 1, which increases the drop rate of the broken betrayal blades (If it is less than 5%), but also added a new element to not lose its difficulty (even I think it gains more) and also rewards are better.

I like the suggestion 2 and you which you like?

Guys if you have any recommendations for these ideas, because I hope they are good for a character like Nulgath.

Thank you for reading my idea.

< Message edited by Martin901 -- 6/24/2017 14:45:06 >
AQW  Post #: 90
6/23/2017 23:18:10   
iDreadnaut

I'm pretty sure the broken betrayal blades aren't <1% drop... definitely <5%, but not <1%.
AQW  Post #: 91
1/18/2018 23:44:32   
Ferozakh

quote:

I personally think the RNG system should be totally removed, as it has caused a lot of problems like drops rates being mixed up, ranging from 1% to 10% when the 1% items drop more often than the 10% ones. Also, it has also sparked more disappointment than praise. On top of that, RNG has totally ruined how farming used to be.

Farming should always be done by hard work and determination, and not "luck", which creates a vast misunderstanding as others would think why player A got item C in just one kill but player B still hadn't got the same item for weeks.

What can be done to improve it?

-I'd personally suggest a complete shutdown of the RNG system, and instead, arrange them according to how often they should drop (ie. 1%, 5%, 20%, 100%), so players could get whatever item they want without having this unfair feeling. But hey, that's up to you.

-Alternatively selling that one quest item or item for a price would also be a better measure, as not all people like farming for long lengths of time.

-Create another ignore list, but for drop items.

With that said, I've been playing AQW for almost a decade and I'd love to farm and play but in a more fair and comfortable way. Thanks for making AQW a game I'd play than any others! :)

Removed cheating discussion. ~Shadowhunt

Sometimes I just wanna personally state my view in future Nulgath quest pets which costs ACs and will go rare, and I seriously hope Asuka and Tendou could even start considering it before it’s too late. Before this post gets deleted, I wish you’d understand that I’m NOT going to blame them, but seriously want to make them consider a more ethical alternative.

If you’re going to create quests for any AC rare Nation pets from now on, make them reasonably difficult and RNG-free with generous rewards— there’s a reason why it’s pay to win. By making players farm more from it, be it from Nulgath Larvae, Drudgen and especially the Astral/Crimson Orbs, they may be easier/convenient to access/complete, but it’s still a fact that the rewards aren’t generous due to the RNG in it which has solely defeated the purpose in the term “pay to win”.

The concept between pay to win, or p2w to many, means players pay more to get whatever they wish to have/need, or want or at least even the necessities from farming more easily. The Paragon Pets’ quests are a prime example which quest designers could use: make reasonably difficult quests and give plenty of rewards minus the RNG, and/or let pet owners choose their rewards. I understand NN quests are primarily plain farming and RNG but in the long run, even paid players can be turned off by it. But I want to be honest: times have changed, RNG may be fun and games in the past, but it has since became an unhealthy trend, not only in the Nulgath Nation, but the Heptagonal Chest which was supposedly to unlock a shop, which makes more sense.

A more ethical alternative for RNG quests is to set the rewards to “you may receive one of the following items”, which is also very close to RNG, but instead of completing the quest for nothing, you can get other items once the said stack of the other quest item has maxed.

That’s just my two cents though, if the AQW team decides making one. And I wish my criticism is constructive enough.

< Message edited by Ferozakh -- 1/18/2018 23:56:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Constructive Criticism of AQW Analysis: Quests, Activity Diversity, End-Game Items
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition