Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: EpicDuel and the other game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: EpicDuel and the other game
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2016 0:49:43   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

*laughts in aoe2 and tibia*

funny you mentioned one dead game in another dead game :D

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 12/31/2016 0:50:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/31/2016 9:42:19   
One Winged Angel1357

@GoldenNeo they addressed that back when they announced they were working on BioBeasts. Moving EpicDuel over to the new platform would be a massive project. They would have to recode and reanimation the entire game and from my perspective at that point you might as well make a new project.

However that massive undertaking was not in the skillet or time table the developers had so we got BioBeasts which puts us one step closer to a larger scale unity game whenever Artix gives the team the time to do it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/31/2016 17:02:10   
Stonehawk

I just logged in on tibia and I noticed it's a flash game now! lol

By the way, I think BioBeasts is already dead, I'm not sure...

OH, guys, have you checked my other AE games' accounts? (just check it right below my post)

I like the appearance of my AQW character, haha! :D (post is about EpicDuel and other games so... lol)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/31/2016 19:23:41   
Xendran

EpicDuel 2 would be horrible if they did it as their first project in Unity.
It's massively out of scope for a first project on a new engine. The game itself is already overscoped and could do with some features being cut out of the game.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 12/31/2016 19:24:07 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 29
12/31/2016 21:20:44   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I can't even fathom to imagine how Epicduel 2 would even work, look and whatnot.

I've seen one pic I think of the "before ED was".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/31/2016 22:50:54   
GoldenNeo

I just think the dev's have lost their hearts for the game :( which is sad, all those years going to waste..
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/1/2017 1:09:55   
dfo99

goldenneo

if this is true, it is not a big surprise nightwraight doesn't even have on a dev tool the direct access to the players in gift leaderboard, the ed devs very rarely had give statistics about epic duel, for example, nobody know the amount of legion and exile players, the player who reach the maximum amount of 1v1, 2v2 and jugg wins without die, the players who have killed the legendary bosses, the graphic of the wars (damage grown rate, bombs used etc..) and a lot of others.

soul prisioner

tibia and aoe2 are games far olders than ed, and tibia is a mmorpg, but both have still thousands of players active and far much more than lots of modern great games.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/1/2017 2:08:01 >
Post #: 32
1/1/2017 1:48:27   
GoldenNeo

^All that I can say is that, Omega was their biggest mistake, they can't even update the game with a new phase
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/1/2017 10:18:41   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Is it best to identify the elephant in the room, or smaller niggles first?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/1/2017 11:17:06   
Warmaker04

Sorry for randomly jumping in but I think it is about time for all of us to stop making threads in General Discussion with one of the following names :

*EpicDuel and Omega, EpicDuel Present and Past, EpicDuel and Bio Beasts, EpicDuel's current state, etc*

Do not get me wrong but discussions of this sort are clearly no longer needed here. Everyone knows what has happend, how Omega ruined this game, how EpicDuel has been given less attention, etc and etc. *WE KNOW*. We have already discussed everything about Omega and EpicDuel in its current state and it is really about time to stop. Making more of these threads definitely won't lead to anything good for the game itself, not to mention it is also kinda discouraging the devs to continue further (if they are even continuing). INSTEAD, we need more activity in the Suggestions section of this forum OR I think it would be much better if we started *discussing suggestions* instead discussing some facts that are known by all of us (How Omega caused an impact on EpicDuel, How the devs gave less attention to EpicDuel, etc).

I am saying this one more time : "We know the reasons why EpicDuel has been ruined, we do not need to discuss them again back and forth - there is just no point. As I said above, these discussions won't change anything (seeing as nothing much has changed in 2 years now), instead try to come up with small suggestions, f.e to bring back some diversity in the game (maybe just a bit), etc and etc. Every suggestion has pluses and minuses, we can't always come up with perfect suggestions but if we only sit here and keep creating discussions of this sort then nothing is going to happen - I guarantee it. In this case, you may as well say your final goodbyes and farewell to EpicDuel. (some already did)

< Message edited by Warmaker04 -- 1/1/2017 11:18:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/1/2017 11:54:10   
GoldenNeo

@^I tried posting this on behalf of the community in an attempt to persuade the devs to bring back their full attention to ED and miraculously "revamp" it.

Although the game essentially died, my love for the game is still there, I'm sure some players still do, that's why they are still in the game to keep it alive.
The devs did the game amazing during the past years, and I BELIEVE that they can do it again. STILL it depends on them though, I jumped to the conclusion where the dev team got bankrupt so bad they had to make another game or some sort LOL (no offense, I wish im wrong about this). Other than that, if there is still love for the game from the devs, there would be alot of surprise for us in the ED community.

I don't want this game to die because this is where I kinda grew up, I learned most things lol, great community. It sure will suck if the devs puts the nails on the coffin. But meh, it's just me and another opinion lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/1/2017 12:59:50   
One Winged Angel1357

As Xendran already pointed out the game suffers from bloat and a lot of that bloat comes from systems crammed in trying to fix issues in the game that had no easy way of addressing. The best thing you can hope for is a sequel where ideas can be condensed and addressed properly. Example being there is no reason why the seasons in EpicDuel are not linked into the actual playing of EpicDuel except that they were added so late into the games development that there was no good way to mesh the two in the permitted time tables
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/2/2017 14:20:40   
Scyze

A year ago, I posted about how BioBeasts doesn't feel like it has an end-goal, just an experiment to see how much the team can achieve. If the plans for 2017 sound like it's going to be treating ED better, I'm going to be interested. I do believe that former old players will stick around like how some people have. I'm just here checking things every few weeks.

If something like the ED team being switched to work with AQ3D happens, I'm just going to be disappointed. I feel as if the love for ED (developer side) might be disappearing soon. :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: EpicDuel and the other game
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition