Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fix Ranks ASAP.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Fix Ranks ASAP.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2017 11:01:24   
nowras

This is really annoying, LIKE REALLY!
What the heck! Low ranked players do have more defense/resistance than me!!!!! They always start first!!!! They always get lucky!!! They always deal more damage than me! I have started using +6 cores to try to get to the same stats as them but they still have more! This is a joke. This situation can't be tolerated. I'm losing battles that I should never lose. Fix the hell outta this right now!

I want you to take a look at this as well.
I'll explain in DETAILS why they are stronger.

I have 4-3 more primary damage, 10-10 more gun damage, 10-9 more auxiliary damage, 8-7 more robot damage. I have +10 health for Healing and -10 energy for cores.
He has 10-12 more defense and 8-10 more resistance than me. He 100% starts first. He has more skill damage.

So, let's say I have 3.5 more primary damage than him and since it's a P primary and since he has 11 more defense than me, he deals 11 - 3.5= 7.5 more damage than me from striking.

I have 10 more gun damage than him and since he has 11 more defense, he will do 1 more damage than me when he uses his gun. This makes the total = 8.5 more damage for him per turn.

I have 9.5 more auxiliary damage than him. He has 9 more resistance than me. This means I deal 0.5 more damage than him when I use my Aux. This means the total average damage for him per turn is 8 more than me.

I have 7.5 more bot damage than him. He has 11 more defense than me. This means he deals 3.5 more damage than me when he uses his bot. This makes the total average damage that he deals more than me by 11.5 per turn.

My plasma cannon deals 707 damage. His plasma cannon deals 715 damage. Since he has 9 more resistance than me but the plasma cannon ignores 15% of it then his plasma cannon deals a total of [9 - (9 x 0.15)] + 8 damage = 15.65 more damage than me. Since field medic gives me 10 more health then the damage he deals is 5.65 more than me. This makes him deal a total average damage of more than 17 per a turn more than me.

Since my cores cost 10 less energy, he can use the extra stats he has to lower any of his skills and still do almost the same damage as me. (Intimidate and reflex boost for example) for less energy and he will even get a free skill to use. This cancels the effect of energy efficiency and gives him an advantage of 1 more skill point than me.

So, in conclusion, he deals 17 more damage than me per a turn, he 100% starts first, he has a better chance to crit, block and deflect me and he gets way more credits and experience for this easy win while I have nothing in return but this shinny little number "101".
I even got curious and fought him in PvP. I used exactly the same moves as him. Changed them a bit because I started second in order not to die early, and ended up losing with a huge difference in HP. Great job ED devs!

The best AID FIX would be making their first turn chance equal to 0 or maybe the higher your rank the higher the chance to go first should be.

< Message edited by nowras -- 1/4/2017 13:54:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/4/2017 11:24:01   
Mother1

Here is another issue that was missed.

Underdog as it stands also unbalances not just with low ranks but with high ranks as well. For example let's say high ranked players (Both above 60) battle each other but one is a rank 65 and the other is a rank 100. I have to ask this. Does that rank 65 need a underdog buff? no he doesn't seeing as he should have all the power ranks maxed out. However due to the way the system is because the other player is higher ranked he will get a stat edge where he wouldn't need it seeing as he is evenly matched with his opponent extra's wise.

So yeah I do agree that ranks need to be either

A) fix so they don't make high level opponents weaker due to the underdog buff

or

B) If they can't do this change them so that lower ranks don't outclass higher ranks, but rather have them back on even footing power wise.

Off topic

But on another note after seeing all this makes me understand why the older players who loved NPC grinding for wins were dead set against the staff removing them. In fact as it is now the only battle mode that doesn't punish you for being high ranked sadly is juggernaut.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/4/2017 11:38:39   
nowras

Yea, I do agree with you.

What's more funny is when they said 10 ranks were stronger than 1 level. I wanted to ask them this question. What's better, to get a level 37 partner vs 1 level 40 rank 50 or to get a level 40 rank 1 vs a level 40 rank 80? Unfortunately, they never ever saw the big picture. But, come on, let's say they were right.... Bring me one low level that uses exactly the same build as a high level that has more stats than him. I'm waiting.

< Message edited by nowras -- 1/4/2017 16:32:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/4/2017 13:14:47   
crownthedeadman

well i am just rank 7 so dont know much abut rank 60+ but couldnt they just rank cap to 60 or 65 :? i know to max out the legendary tree they need 80 points but you can use them as the skill tree points leaving some stats open. will the rank 40 be stronger than rank 60 :?
Post #: 4
1/4/2017 13:17:00   
nowras

I'm still not sure which rank is the strongest. I guess rank 39 is the strongest rank ever or maybe it's still 49.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/4/2017 14:04:08   
shadow.bane

100 % agree
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/4/2017 18:16:04   
dfo99

and this is not even the underdog final level...

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Fix Ranks ASAP.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition