Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Alternative Bonuses for Ranks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Alternative Bonuses for Ranks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2017 16:37:19   
  Exploding Penguin

Hey everyone,

As we all know, ranks have been a problem since they were released, and I feel like it's about time the problem should get appropriately addressed, so here's how it goes:

Ranks obviously need to stay in the game since people worked hard for them and taking them away would bring about a few other problems as well. That being said, I really want to push ranks to give only non-PvP bonuses. Therefore, this thread serves as a way for you all to suggest what you think would be the best alternative to the current PvP-based bonuses that ranks give. Some examples would be that higher ranks gain more credits, or that they get bonus stats vs. NPCs only, more cosmetic options, etc...

Please make sure your suggestions are clear and concise. If I can't actually understand what you're saying I obviously can't take your suggestion into account before I present all of these to the developers. The easier it is to understand your suggestion, the better.

I will try and update this OP with all of the suggestions I've gone through that I fully understand. If I have questions about your suggestion, I will EDIT your post and ask them, to which you should edit your own message back in response. This is to make the thread less confusing and more organized. If you've suggested something in the past before and you don't want to say it, you can just post the link to the thread on the forums and I'll look over it too.

Lastly, if you support someone else's suggestion, make a post (either when you suggest your own idea or just a standalone post) placing your vote for those ideas. To vote, just mention that you vote for the idea# (listed in this OP) of the suggestion, at the top of your post. No limit on votes or anything but only one vote per idea per person (the same person can vote for multiple different suggestions but can't vote twice for the same one). Popular opinion is something I think is important so I want to keep track of it as well, and I will try and keep this OP updated with all of the relevant information for you guys. Obviously though, the suggestion that wins by popular vote won't necessarily be the one implemented. I'm not a developer, I'm a liason. My role is to be a message carrier basically, but this is how I can help the most in the current situation, by presenting good data for the devs to consider if and when they want to address this problem, which I am pushing for them to do.

Thanks everyone, and I hope we can figure out the best solution for this dilemma!

EDIT: Right now the dev team is looking towards trying to rebalance underdog's effectiveness when facing higher ranked players, so changes regarding that may be seen in the upcoming patch. However, I want to still push the ideas in this thread for possible future overhauls to the legendary system since I believe it will be healthier for the game if legendary ranks don't have PvP-based impact.

Current suggested ideas (FORMAT: [Idea#] - [Idea] - [Total Votes]):

1 - More credits from winning battles the more ranks you have
2 - Buffed stats against NPCs the more ranks you have
3 - Increased sellback on items
4 - Decreased costs (hairstyles, items, etc..)
5 - Increased drop chance of items in battle (such as NPC drops for quests)
6 - You gain access to certain equipment/cores/items (cosmetic impact only) by achieving ranks

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 1/4/2017 18:08:27 >
Epic  Post #: 1
1/4/2017 16:45:49   
.Lord Ginger.

Mor credits yes since we were ripped off a bit with the weakening of ranks

Make us against NPC as powerful as we normally were before the nerf of ranks(the usual rank stats before nerf).

Permanent +6 cores at rank 80 to help us save credits.

Take out underdog first turn since first turn is still broken.

Maybe decrease hairstyle costs or be able to make "customize able weapons" with more customs at higher rank.

Idk about some of these but just suggestions

The credit problem will be addressed soon, probably in the next patch which will be coming up within a couple weeks or so. That being said, more credits was a thing suggested by other people as well so it'll be considered.
The point is to make ranks not give any bonuses in PvP, so the permanent +6 cores at rank 80 and underdog first turn won't be placed in the OP for now.
What do you mean by customizable weapons?
We don't need to label our own posts since we're just referring to post# as indicated by the forums, so this post is #2.
-Exploding Penguin

Customizable weps as in a customizable character. Different hilts, blades, colors that we can use and we'll unlock different customizations as the ranks increase. People are always unhappy about new weapons that artists make, so why can't they makeshift their own?

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 1/4/2017 21:37:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/4/2017 17:01:19   
Mother1

Here is a link to an old topic regrading this exact same subject. There are plenty of idea's in it but I will listen them again under this link

1) Increased sell back for items by (insert number here percent) X 10
2) decreased cost for items by (Insert number here percent) X 10
3) Increased drop chance for items in battle (Be it NPC drops, or PVP drops by Insert number here Percent) X 10
4) Buff the power of the NPC ranks back to what they were originally or increase it.

5) When you make it to a certain rank you can obtain a certain cometisic item (Such as bikes, Coreless Armors, weapons Etc) That can only be gotten by reaching said rank.

Just throwing a few old ideas that were suggested in said thread a while ago.
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Alternative Bonuses for Ranks
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition