Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 5th, 2017 - New Year New Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 5th, 2017 - New Year New Update!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2017 15:32:55   
Optimise

quote:

January 05, 2017
New Year New Update!
Happy New Year, EpicDuelists! Here's to a new year with new beginnings, new challenges, and new triumphs! I'd like to congratulate our Epic gifters this year who blew away our expectations for generosity, especially ..Cosmic Emperor.. who received my very own Founder Armor! Wear it with pride!

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this event, even if you only gave one gift or just did something nice for a fellow player.

Update Time!
For the first update of 2017, which should arrive tomorrow, we'll be making a few changes. First, and most noticeable, we'll be reverting the 15,000 Varium package back to 12,000. As soon as we update, you'll not be able to earn the Ultra-Rare Epic Supporter Achievement again, so if you've been on the fence, now's the time to act!

We'll also finally be removing the BioBeasts packages from the shop. The promotional items, including their cores, will also be removed from their in-game shops on Galatea and the Monkakazi until September 18, 2017, when they will be available for Credits as well as Varium.

War Online
When we update, we will also reactivate the War, which should resume at Central Station. There will be a brief delay before the War region officially activates on Monday to make sure everyone is aware and prepared for it. Wars have been updated to have a shorter cooldown between, unlike the variable cooldown times of before which could stretch for months.

Balance Changes
We'll also be addressing some balance issues with this update, including First Strike, Underdog, and Legendary Ranks!

EpicDuel Team 2017
What's on the agenda for 2017? We've been meeting with Artix and other team leads to determine the best direction to proceed for our personal growth and the good of the entire company. We'll post a Design Note concerning the outcome of those meetings tomorrow after the update.

Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 1/5/2017 18:08:12 >
Post #: 1
1/5/2017 15:47:46   
Mother1

I wonder what changes they have in store for underdog and ranks? Hopefully they will fix some of the issues that were being had with these but surprisingly nothing was mentioned about Juggernaut's issues. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/5/2017 16:28:00   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Most excited to see what the Team meet DN's hold.

I've yet to level to 40, still on 39.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/5/2017 16:52:51   
Zeruphantom

I honestly don't care what happens, Blood Commander just needs a nerf xD

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/5/2017 22:14:46   
SouL Prisoner

Just add a "re-captcha" like the old times and end this "bot" drama already.

Anyway.. Legendary NPC nerf?

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/5/2017 22:15:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/5/2017 22:33:26   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

@Soul IIRC there is already a captcha system in place when a botter is detected.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/5/2017 22:56:05   
.Lord Ginger.

Obviously not because people are botting the jugger boards. Almost anyone who gets 300 2 days in a row is botting or seriously doesn't have a life.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/6/2017 6:06:16   
SouL Prisoner

@Elf

Forget detecting. Just let everyone fill it out who is playing for more than 1 hour.(Legit players wouldn't mind filling out once in an hour. I don't mind) And use those google re-captchas. Tick *i'm not a bot* and then select pics according to the request. Ex: Select all "food" pics etc..

And probably add all kinds of captchas. Making it even more hard for the botters.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/6/2017 6:07:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/6/2017 6:50:45   
crownthedeadman

hate em' botters. Dont know for sure but 1 1vs1 wins and 0 2vs2 wins and top on jugg leaderboard. Not suspicious at all. anyways hope that you fix botting.
Post #: 9
1/6/2017 13:01:33   
  Digital X

I didn't mind doing a captcha at all. Takes all of 5 seconds.

What was the reason it got removed again?

Edit: Update in progress :o

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/6/2017 13:03:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/6/2017 13:48:17   
dfo99

captchas are really annoying, when i get my daily champs i have played straight 24 hours with minimals stops, had to keep filling capcthas would make it far more worse.
Post #: 11
1/6/2017 13:53:00   
Mr. Delector

"EpicDuel Team 2017
What's on the agenda for 2017? We've been meeting with Artix and other team leads to determine the best direction to proceed for our personal growth and the good of the entire company. We'll post a Design Note concerning the outcome of those meetings tomorrow after the update."

What happened to this?
Epic  Post #: 12
1/6/2017 13:59:51   
nowras

They said they will write it after the update. So we gotta wait.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/6/2017 14:03:44   
Mother1

While I can be happy for the 'slight' increase of difficulty in jug sadly said change fails to do it's original purpose which is to deter or stop botters from botting this mode. At best it will slow them down but the mode will still be farmable for them.

Epic  Post #: 14
1/6/2017 15:45:41   
8x

quote:

I didn't mind doing a captcha at all. Takes all of 5 seconds.

What was the reason it got removed again?

Apparently, bots were able to bypass them easily, so they were only an inconvenience for players.
Epic  Post #: 15
1/6/2017 15:50:45   
  Digital X

Ah gotcha.

Those "pick the <insert object here> "captcha might be better, but still easily circumvented.

http://epicduel.artix.com/gamedesignnotes/epicduel-2017-6236

No idea to allign DN notes properly sorry.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/6/2017 16:31:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 5th, 2017 - New Year New Update!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition