Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= What do you want to see in 2017?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= What do you want to see in 2017?
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2017 23:24:18   
odsey

I would love class to be improved.

Rank 6-9 doesn't offer anything currently. What I'm suggesting is a point system. Points will be accumulated from each class you have. So for example you have two rank 10 classes, they will give you 6 points,etc.

What I'm suggesting is that these points can be spent on certain skills or add passive.

For example for Lightcaster, you could change the auto attack to magical for X points. You could make the burned by light deal less initial damage but more dot, etc.

I doesn't really know coding but this would be an awesome feature.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/9/2017 4:31:42   
LoliFebri

Continuation of Nulgath's story this month. I just want the continuation of the story after the Void Gate/Portal...
More content on Skytower Aegis, Dreadrock Capital, and Shadowblast Arena.
Hopefully the Sandsea area & story could be developed by involving it in the QoM story(something like ancient texts, scriptures, hieroglyphs, etc.)
Old class revamps to be able to catch up with the new released classes. It's really hard to survive in the test server especially when your'e low leveled
Post #: 52
1/9/2017 14:43:11   
Pejuz

A backstory for a chaos lord, for example Vath would be really nice. I loved the lords of chaos storyline and it would be great to visit it again :)

Also, some classes should definanently be buffed. Would be nice to balance em'out a little bit :)

< Message edited by Pejuz -- 1/9/2017 14:44:27 >
Post #: 53
1/9/2017 14:46:26   
Aura Knight

I'd like to have an event where we can see what happened before AQW actually became AQW. The things that happened prior to Galanoth slaying the Dragon of Time. I think that would make for a great saga/story.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
1/9/2017 15:31:31   
Triplik

•In 2016 we had a lot of new classes so in 2017 would be nice to give some love to older classes like new animations, buffs to underused or underpowered classes.
•Some dungeons with a big boss that guards a powerfull weapon, instead of 1% drop make a quest to get the weapon by killing a hardcore boss.
•new types of efects like shilds that add something like a secundary health bar.
•skills that work in area control, like a square of fire where enemys take damage, for pvp it might be something cool to have since the players can just get out of the area and don't take damage anymore or a heal over time that requires you to stand close to the healer.
•more world interactions like traps or storms that slow you down.

More gameplay focus changes in general

< Message edited by Triplik -- 1/9/2017 15:35:45 >
AQW  Post #: 55
1/9/2017 16:04:42   
iDreadnaut

- Farming/repeatable quests for Treasure Hunter Faction.
- Max rank for Blacksmith Faction increase. 4 -> 10 (the OCD is real).
- MORE CLASSES!!!
- An Evolved version of Doomknight class to balance things out between Doomknights and Paladins (Paladin, Paladin Highlord, ArchPaladin, Legion Paladin x Doomknight, Doomknight Overlord, *missing evolution*, Legion Doomknight).
- Chickencow Class (how come we never had that yet?)
- MORE CLASSES!!! (I love collecting classes).
- Avatar system, which would allows us to equip items for damage range or bonus while having the appearance of another item.
- Facial Expression System, which would allow us to change our character's facial expression in /yulgar or some other place. (You could just implement this on helm items to come, in order to avoid a remake of all the old helms)
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure parody items.
- More Nulgath pets to help with farming or revamp some of his quests. Seriously, some quests and weapons in /tercessuinotlim require a lot of hard-to-get materials, and most of these items doesn't make up for half the work required. This discourages farming.
- Chocolate Sundae (don't ask).
- Another Ziri saga (that whole illusion thing really got me).
- Ragnarok sword quest available again through its Altar.
- Sanguine sword quest available only through its Altar.
- More Cysero sagas.
- More HeroMart items and Hero Points available in-game for ACs for a limited time.
- Necrotic Sword of Doom badge and buff. This sword requires a lot of work and time to be achieved, more than Set of Awe, Blinding Light of Destiny and Sepulchure's Doomknight Armor COMBINED. Also, there isn't even that many humankind enemies in-game. There's actually more dragonkind enemies than humankind-.
- Change Prismatic Clawsuit/Evolved Clawsuit mana regen mechanic to the same as caster classes.
- Treasure Hunter Class as a reward from Treasure Chests.
- Change temporary inventory so it will keep our items for a short time after we logout. Or, even better, a lock system, which would allows us to choose which items can stored in the temporary inventory for a while longer after we logout (24 hours), and which could just be removed. Of course there'd be limits to the amount of items you could lock.
- Glacial Berserker's Glacial Storm was really laggy during preview. Somehow, this skill is a lot smoother than before. It would be really awesome if you could do the same for other classes' skills.
- More hardcore end-game items THAT ARE WORTH THE EFFORT PUT INTO IT.
- MORE CLASSES!!! and Chocolate Sundae (don't ask)

I think this is it.
AQW  Post #: 56
1/9/2017 16:33:33   
Doxus the OverLord

quote:

I'm with you, we're needing something new to farm and that have to be worth the effort.

quote:

- An Evolved version of Doomknight class to balance things out between Doomknights and Paladins (Paladin, Paladin Highlord, ArchPaladin, Legion Paladin x Doomknight, Doomknight Overlord, *missing evolution*, Legion Doomknight).

I liked your point of view but actually DoomKnights is in a HUGE disvantage.
ArchPaladin is currently the best solo class. It takes ages for killing, but still it won't lose its status.
And not to mention the base classes. Paladin is now so strong while DoomKnight is a pile of junk.
Let's see if this year we'll be having something to fix this issues.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 1/9/2017 16:34:16 >
Post #: 57
1/9/2017 18:48:56   
Wizardlife

Here are my suggestions.

-Post Chaos maps, similar to Book 3 in Dragonfable (different versions of the same map) and better storyline continuity.
-Update older factions (Dwarfhold would be a good start) and update them with better quests and rewards.
-As another person said, it would be entertaining to have a joke class every once in a blue moon. Maybe a joke Angler class like in DF?
-Rebalancing older classes and making them more useful. Many classes are a joke compared to newer ones and may no longer be deemed as "worth it".
-For new classes, maybe consider adding a reputation class to a faction that doesn't have one, such as Yokai and Dwarfhold. Maybe even add rep classes to activity based factions, like fishing.
-Make certain factions worth ranking up. Such as Blacksmith and Loremaster, to name a few. They're just there for the sake of being there at the moment. Perhaps adding better rep rewards and quests would be a good idea, and maybe even a class to farm for. It'd be pretty cool to have a Blacksmith and Loremaster/Archivist type class. I could see both of them being good support class ideas.
-As another person suggested, the ability to change our default facial expression. I'd also suggest having our facial expression actually change in cutscenes for additional emotional/storyl depth, but I'm not entirely sure if this is possible, or if it would be too time consuming to accomplish. If it is, though, I would like to see that being added to future cutscenes.
-Again, as another person suggested, a Master Doomknight class. May as well make all those years/months of anguish and struggle mean something.
-More updates to player suggestion shops. A lot of players have really good and creative ideas for equipment and I bet more people would love seeing their work added to the game. Plus it'd encourage more people to make suggestions.
-As @EmbraceTheDarkness suggested, a mail system could come in handy for messaging friends if offline.
-More guild updates/functions and max member increase. Maybe add a guild message board to post announcements/messages or to communicate directly with all members. Also, the "Last Login" system @EmbraceTheDarkness suggested could help guild leaders know who is active or not.
-More gameplay oriented changes/updates.
-Have an option to turn off game sounds while keeping the music on. While I personally like to keep the sounds on, not everyone wants to hear them and might just want to listen to the music instead. Dragonfable already has this feature, so perhaps AQW can too.
-Update the map. The only way you can go to a map like Brightoak at the moment is through the /join feature, and Brightoak is a place with its own faction, class and (at least use to be) apart of the main story.
-Again, as another player suggested (sensing a pattern here?), add a badge for the NSoD. It takes a lot of determination, time, patience and perseverance to obtain, and we already have a badge for hard tasks like obtaining the Sword of Awe, so why not add one for the NSoD too?
-On the topic of character page badges, add more for storyline completion. I don't like how the majority of the badges on my character page are from buying things. It'd be nice if more players can actually get character page badges without forking out any cash and feel a sense of accomplishment when completing the latest chapter of the story. We already have this for certain aspects of the story, so maybe we could add more badges to other areas of the story, too. In general, though, it'd be nice to see more character page badges that don't involve spending real cash, because we already have more than enough of those.
-More Lorepedia updates. The Lorepedia is an excellent resource for any player, but I couldn't help but notice how some information is out of date. If more information was added and kept consistent, this would help a lot of new players out or anyone seeking certain information on something instead of being mislead.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
1/9/2017 19:23:51   
Veya

quote:

- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure parody items.

...yes, in particular, I want Stand capes and a full class dedicted to the concept of Hamon.

quote:

The problem with saying this is that "worth the effort" is extremelly subjective, I got my AFDL simply because of its looks(and no, Fiendish DoomKnight wasn't an option, wearing FDmK is the walk of shame in my opinion), the bonuses were just... well, bonuses, I understand you mean "item with bonuses", but even then, there is a fair risk of bonuses becoming superfluous, unless they add a 20% dmg2all for example, you have no reason to get another item with +15% dmg2all if you already have the AFDL items, and even if they do add such powerful items, there is the risk of the game becoming far more broken than it already is.

quote:

ArchPaladin is currently the best solo class.

*snort*

No, no it isn't, AP is the best defensive class, but a poor soloing class, the definition of a good solo class must include how effective it is at solo'ing, and by that I mean speed, trying to say that AP is a better solo'ing class than UOK, LDmK or LC is just insulting to those classes.

And yes, AP can solo things that other classes can't, but that's simply due to a refusal to die, this does not make it good at solos, it makes it good at tanking.
AQW  Post #: 59
1/9/2017 20:24:58   
Loftyz

I want to see the past lore take a greater focus in the game, and have some loose plotlines be resolved.

Have Loremasters that actually provide Lore. Or at least make the books in Maya's place readable, and give tidbits of information about past war events from AQW and DF, AQ sagas, MQ plot, and whatever else. Balance it in a way that it doesn't spoil everything, but reveals enough information for people to want to play DF, etc, and see the rest. DragonFable Book 1 is pretty much all Sepulchure and the start of Drakath, and many people might not even know that.

Robina/Victoria. Her mother Lynaria died, her father Alteon died, both her sisters Brittany and (recently) Tara died, and her potential love interest in DF, bandit Drakath, got into a lot of drama & is MiA. I think there should be some kind of plotline here.

I'm guessing this year is going to be about visiting the various villains of AQW and convincing them to form an alliance against the Queen of Monsters, since we've allied with the Throne of Darkness villains, Karok, and intending to ally with a resurrected Sepulchure as well. So I'd like to see this tie up a lot of the loose villain plotlines as well. Xan still has the ring reducing his powers that can only be removed by The Hero or Warlic. The Desolich sent all the dracoliches into a suicidal war for ??? purpose. Zorbak is still raising baby undead Dracoliches. Nulgath has the contract to our soul or something (in exchange for getting us out of Death's Lair after Drakath killed us). Dage's saga still isn't finished. And Sally is probably designing another Vordred with double the skulls. All their plotlines can be tied up, while allying with them in the process.

And answers to some other loose plotlines would always be nice, like there being a Dragon channelling some unknown power at the bottom of every Guardian Tower (according to AQ3D), and the Mysterious Stranger. He gave Sepulchure his armour and sword in DF, so maybe he has some big plan if Sepulchure is resurrected, now that the Queen's awakening "removed the seals" that were protecting history from the Stranger (according to the 13 Lords of Doom questline in AQW). It's been like a decade, I want to know who he is and what his plans are!

And apart from that, some personal things I'd want to see, like /fearhouse being accessible because Galanoth's part is just too good to not have in the game, and Vayle without the robes & hood (like she looked in DF, but without the Darkness Orb/wings/etc).
DF AQW  Post #: 60
1/9/2017 21:23:39   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

A "Last Login" bit on the Guild List to truly know if a Guild Mate is active or not.

Made a rough concept here - http://imgur.com/2Ni4yWB

Also a Mail system would be nice as well, something to allow players to contact one another whilst the one on the receiving end is possibly offline. Then with the Mail System allow Guild Invites to be sent that way as well cause lord knows how difficult it is to arrange a meet up with someone at times.

Concept 1 for Mail (Settings gets moved up to near char portrait and Mail button takes its place) - http://imgur.com/iFAcPQG

Concept 2 for Mail (Would disapear after you click or could be accessed from a menu somewhere) - http://imgur.com/a/OMZRX

I love these ones, i hope they will take a look at this too.

quote:

Player shops would be neat.

Any explanations?
Post #: 61
1/10/2017 3:57:37   
ExactName

1. Two week return of chosen rare items, classes and etc chosen by the players sold at 1.5x higher than way back then. (Ex.Class Name for 3000acs)

2. More Good faction (like Dage and Nulgath for Evil)

3. New tier 3 classes (Stonecrusher for example)

4. More fun releases that could make us busy for days(farm-able items). Not weeks though.
AQW  Post #: 62
1/10/2017 9:25:16   
Bailey Hudson

@ExactName
1) extremely no.
4) farm-able items can't really be schedule accurately, it all depends on how fast you are and whether you're a hardcore farmer or a lazy player.
Post #: 63
1/10/2017 10:56:17   
thulsa doom

@ExactName
quote:

Two week return of chosen rare items, classes and etc chosen by the players sold at 1.5x higher than way back then. (Ex.Class Name for 3000acs)

As much as I hate the whole Rare thing of this game, I have to agree with Bailey Hudson (with my own twist): Bringing back rares for only 2 weeks is a bad idea because it only benefits a few. Imagine the player who missed out on this opportunity (even if it was only by a few hours); it would be like rubbing salt on an open wound.
No. If rares are brought back it should be in a way (like a trade/auction house) that anyone at any time could get access to them.

My hopes/agenda is to kill the Rare system by a thousand small cuts!
AQ AQW  Post #: 64
1/10/2017 11:15:10   
Doxus the OverLord

As said by AE staff, a trading system isn't possible, but what about a warehouse/auction house?
I think it would be awesome seeing people share with other its stuff.
And at the process, the original owners will be gaining ACs.

Other usefull thing would be having a system for exchanging gold for ACs. Like 10 ACs per million gold.
Post #: 65
1/10/2017 11:33:29   
polar

-more contests that allows players to contribute for a release,specifically background music contest,map design and create a monster/villain contest

I just really love browsing through entries and see other players talent
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
1/10/2017 11:43:00   
Rtkat3

Have they done something like that before?
AQ  Post #: 67
1/10/2017 11:51:26   
polar

@Rtkat3 unfortunately that only one i think they did (or at least I remember) was a music contest for Dragonfable,and the music was used as a background music in one of their release.

I can't really give the CAN I HAS MOD contest as an example since its mostly wish granting for the winner
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
1/10/2017 16:28:10   
nalguth

@Doxus
Oh god yes please.
AQW  Post #: 69
1/10/2017 17:01:09   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

^
Firstly, HA!

Secondly, if there was going to be implemented such a system (which i doubt very much), then the price per AC should be way higher.
AQW  Post #: 70
1/10/2017 17:13:02   
Veya

@nalguth and Metakirby

Get on my level.

...I think we are providing more than enough evidence as to why a system like that wouldn't work very well, aren't we? they can't ask for more than 5 million gold per 10 AC, since that's the limit anyone can achieve without glitches, at the same time, such system would riskmassively benefiting people who went far beyond the gold cap through glitches or development oversights, which I can't agree with.
AQW  Post #: 71
1/10/2017 18:02:44   
Ethi

- Free storage for AC items in Inventory.
- If a player is AFK for more than three hours, they can get logged out.
- Golden Boot Plaque kicks players irrespective of what screen they're on in your house.
- Put special event areas on the world map or somewhere accessiable.
- Link AQW charpage to AQ3D Charpage.
AQW  Post #: 72
1/10/2017 19:01:37   
nalguth

@Ethi
quote:

If a player is AFK for more than three hours, they can get logged out

What are you talking about? That already happens for less than three hours.
AQW  Post #: 73
1/10/2017 19:20:34   
Ethi

@nalguth
quote:

What are you talking about? That already happens for less than three hours.

No it doesn't. i've been AFK far longer and still remain online.
AQW  Post #: 74
1/10/2017 19:21:51   
Shadowhunt

^ It's actually something like two minutes. The caveat is if there is activity in the room, the timer gets reset. That's why staying AFK in a little-used or private map can get you logged out, while being AFK in something like Yulgar or Battleon lets you stay logged in for a long time. There are some advantages to that though. If you're in the middle of a quest with high amounts of temp items and need to go do something, going to one of those maps means you can keep your progress and be fine when you come back. This is especially handy for me if I'm playing and have to do some forum duties or update a post, for example, as it lets me avoid having to log back in. There are times it would be nice for AFK players to be sent to a different map, like if they're taking up a slot in a boss-farming map or something, so maybe some functionality like that would be nice.
AQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= What do you want to see in 2017?
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition