Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Thing i missed the most from ED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Thing i missed the most from ED
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2017 8:47:35   
huuduy1

I am old ED player, i played when the maximum level is 30. And i quit the game after Omega 1 months.
During that time the game was so enjoyable because its so easy to play and have lots of strategy to build with.
And the thing i missed the most is PASSIVE SKILL from each class.

Especially all the Armor, Reroute and Blood Lust.

Can our dev bring those back, i find it hard to replay this game now.

I know this thread appear a lots but please either revert back to listen to our player.
Sorry for broken English.
Epic  Post #: 1
1/9/2017 9:32:49   
SouL Prisoner

Yaaa.. we tried our best telling Dev's that but thy're just too stubborn to bring back passive skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/9/2017 9:40:24   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I think most of us liked pre-Omega. Personally Gamma was the one I enjoyed out of the 3 I have been in. It was just.. simpler.

High Str BH with low Supp and high Massacre with Blood Lust was fantastic fun. That and high Dex TM.. Good times! :)

It's a "like it or lump it" situation now, bygones are bygones.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/9/2017 9:46:54   
8x

here we go again
Epic  Post #: 4
1/9/2017 12:37:21   
GoldenNeo

Truth is, all those you've mentioned doesn't miss you one bit, neither does the devs. they don't even care. Maybe your friends, but it doesn't matter.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/9/2017 16:21:58   
Stonehawk

quote:

Can our dev bring those back, i find it hard to replay this game now.

They already told they won't but...

quote:

I think most of us liked pre-Omega. Personally Gamma was the one I enjoyed out of the 3 I have been in. It was just.. simpler.

@Digital X and huuduy1

Well, I'm really trying hard to convince them that there's a way to bring back the fun part of the game (those that they tell it's impossible to come back) without REVERTING phases. Just mix things and it's done.

1- Equipments
Before: Weapons with unique stats
Now: Weapons with custom stats (all look the same)(I meant all weapons of the same kind can have the same stats, but they look different, lol)
Future: 50% unique stats, 50% custom stats

2- Skills
Before: Passive skills were a must-have
Now: Energy manipulation is a must-have
Future:
First possibility: Keep energy manipulation + add passives according to the class in a smaller effect (example: blood lust always appears for Bounties, but heals only 5%. Can't be changed.)
Second possibility: Keep energy manipulation + add a new slot for vehicles where you can add the old passives (yes, vehicles are currently useless, most people want battle features, so...) and maybe make those skill cores upgradable until a certain level (just to make it a bit harder to reach full power).
Third possibility: If there was room for legendary system, why not for a new skill-tree based on the old passives?

That's it. Not so hard to bring old features back and make everyone happy. I don't think anyone would complain. If you liked the old system, it's back. If you like the current system, it's not gone either. Very simple.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 1/9/2017 16:23:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/11/2017 17:24:58   
The Shadow II

I decided to log in and see where the game stood in early 2017.

I think I fought maybe 30 duels before logging off again. NO ONE SAID ANYTHING! It was driving me insane. I tried my best to chat but all I got were 3 people that answered and only 2 of those held up conversations, 26 people that said nothing and 1 guy pretended to be an NPC, I forgive some of them, maybe they didn't know english. But I doubt every one of them didn't know english.

Didn't even get a single gg after a fight. My old ED heart was broken.

People were alive back in the day. People chatted. I think that was my biggest let down. What's the point really of ED if there is no one to talk to.

What also annoyed me was that everyone had the same boring builds, absolutely everyone. Where were the interesting builds at? stuck back in gamma with passives? I guess so.
Post #: 7
1/11/2017 17:57:18   
dfo99

i understand the devs side which think that passive skills are really pointless because all classes will always max out all passives, but some passives were more effective in some builds and others not, their supreme stubborn to bring it back even in other forms (some ppl suggest bring the passives as cores or like leg ranks) are really non sense since for anything have sucess need give the thing that ppl want. some devs very clearly went in twitter full "ed is mine and i do what i want", ofc their are the ed owners, but then say "the flash death is the ed fall reason".
Post #: 8
1/12/2017 16:14:26   
Stonehawk

The "NO, I don't want to bring back what everyone wants and begs for" is the ED fail reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/12/2017 21:52:21   
.Lord Ginger.

Devs can't even keep their own game alive. It's gone from good to worse. It's like they know how to take a good game and screw it over.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/12/2017 23:13:20   
Qwerty Again

I really miss human players on leaderboards, not bots
Post #: 11
1/13/2017 7:18:07   
Xendran

I miss having a fairly consistent amount of resources to work with, with fairly restrictive negative energy manipulation.
A great example is the focus BH build i made in the video "Lets Kill People" with the win streak. While the build was overpowered, and should not have been able to exist, it did embody my favourite playstyle: incorporating as many counters as possible, while maintaining high consistency. (This build used essentially the whole BH tree, minmaxed to create energy-perfect combos designed for fighting all the regularly encountered builds)

There were only a small number of ways to remove energy. While they were potent, they also cost a turn in a way that held serious value, and a build like the one I had (focus had +5 damage at this phase) would still be able to take advantage of the turn advantage when energy got stolen.

This meant that energy stealing was an interesting decision the other player had to make, based on what their situation in the fight was. It was not something you did every fight, and not something that was a given as a guaranteed good action. There were many times as a hunter where you didn't want to use EMP because of the fact it puts you a turn behind on HP damage, but other situations it could save you.

This restriction on energy removal also created a deeper importance to the amount of energy you had, and allowed you to rely on various types of combos more accurately. This was taken further by considering the level of energy skills that other people use, and what your options become when you get hit with one. The game still had loads of balance issues, but there was a lot more depth and decision making in the combat. I always was thinking a few turns ahead, and through a few possible different situations that could happen.
There was a higher level of interactivity and build diversity because of this.

In regards to passives, they definitely were a very enjoyable and class-defining aspect of the game that drew players towards their preferred class.
While they were not implemented well, they has the right idea going: Each class has two passives. You can either focus in one, or get a medium amount of both.
The only issue here is that they shared the same points as skills. If they were moved off to the side, and you were given 10 "Passive Points", this would have been the ideal way to handle it. It perfectly incorporates the idea of either maxing one, or having a mix somewhere in between, while not interfering with other skills.

I think epicduel made extremely large missteps with both of these decisions, and their outright refusal to even consider implementing a proper passive system definitely seems to have held the game back in irreversible ways.
Passives are at the core of modern RPG character customization, as they let you not only choose what skills you want, but also how you are going to use and scale them. This adds an extra layer of character depth and identity in a combat-focused game that helps reinforce both the idea of class identity, and feeling that your character is your own personal customized one.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/13/2017 7:31:11 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
1/17/2017 12:02:07   
Mother1

I miss when when the NPC would say certain things whenever a luck factor would happen during battle. Here are some examples of what I remember.

Exile solider getting blocked

"That the story of my life"

Exile Solider getting a crit on you

"Fear me. Fear!"

Valery getting hit with a crit

"I think i will run you over"

Little things like that earned a few laughs from me when I battled them back in delta. Now they don't say anything when these factors happen.
Epic  Post #: 13
1/17/2017 18:05:23   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mother that's weird. I've got lines written just for those occasions in all the NPC chatter docs I had to make.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/17/2017 22:57:35   
Qwerty Again

I miss that OG strike action where if you had a sword you would toss it up in the air before you striked
Post #: 15
1/21/2017 8:16:43   
HwarangxDxArcher

I miss the time when Massacre was a viable skill :P

I mean, it looks cool, but in terms of utility, it's pathetic.

DF Epic  Post #: 16
1/29/2017 14:09:04   
Stonehawk

I miss:
- Unique weapons' stats
- Passive skills
- Higher level was stronger and harder than lower level
- Nerfs weren't happening everytime to fix OP builds, making common builds worthless
- More simple and objective game
- More Epic Duels
- More builds possibilities
- Higher player base (it's gone 'cause of the things that disappeared above)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/30/2017 4:15:30   
Satafou

I miss win%s, now I get called a noob with 77% 2vs2 over 26k wins. Or rather my partners simply don't listen to my tactics anymore as they must seem to think their negative win ratio is on par with mine.

Edited to remove some inappropriate language. Keep it appropriate on the forums, please.

-Exploding Penguin

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 1/30/2017 14:14:56 >
Post #: 18
2/13/2017 6:32:18   
RaXZerGamingZ

Passives should come back, would make the game more fun, aswell as damagr is insanely high now , 500 on rage, come on now
Post #: 19
2/13/2017 10:36:14   
Stonehawk

They should've left open a server for each phase, this would show them how each phase is accepted by the community more than others. I'd certainly start from level 1 if I could start on a previous phase just to play with the old and lost features again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/13/2017 14:55:57   
8x

here we go again...
Epic  Post #: 21
2/13/2017 18:03:30   
Satafou

^xD
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Thing i missed the most from ED
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition