Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Do something before you go...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Do something before you go...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2017 21:09:28   
shadow.bane

As well know and red the latest design note posted by Nightwraith few days ago which meant there wont be no more updates nor that much to not at all focusing on EpicDuel.
Well before u go how about fix the overpowered blood commander and do something about bh's static grenade ?

- Blood commander is overpowered due to 4 rounds 75 % lifesteal of the strength u gain from the skill, either make it 3 rounds or nerf the lifesteal % to 40 or 50 %...

- Static grenade well all classes take minimum 240 energy and minimum gain of 240 energy + as for bh on 45 : 14 support which used to take 327 and gives 213 back which was good and fair ima to 245 energy take and 149 energy gain ? if a bh spams support wont even get more than 165 energy back that's to laugh at and make the skill weak to worthless sometimes....

fix those 2 things before u ditch us.

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/10/2017 21:23:18   
Stonehawk

All nerfs to prevent an stat abuse that indirectly ruins the whole class is not supported by me.

This means I agree with buffing static grenade back to usefulness. But I disagree with nerfing blood commander. Why? Blood commander might seem (a lot) better than mark of blood. But let's consider that:
1- Mark of blood on 2 vs 2 is useful for both players on a team.
2- Mark of blood is attack + lifesteal, blood commander is a missed turn in therms of attack and consecutively energy gain.
3- Blood commander can be nerfed by azrael.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/11/2017 3:03:43   
Warmaker04

Static Grenade does not need a buff. It was purposely made much weaker than the static smasher
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/11/2017 22:03:06   
.Lord Ginger.

Static grenade needs a major buff since focus BH is basically garbage.

Before you say it doesn't need a buff, WarMaker04, play the class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/12/2017 2:59:22   
Warmaker04

I played it, therefore I say its not. :3
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/12/2017 4:57:47   
crownthedeadman

have you played it after nerf ? there is literally no way to manipulate energy and against any literate opponent they will outwit you because of your poor energy manipulation. once we are out of energy we cant do much , well merc and bm cant but atleast they gain enough amount of energy for their skills . Also bh have 0 to 0 % chance against ANY legendary npc except merged dragonoid but i beleive 2 bh can't beat it. maybe merc can't too but they have a better perk at pvp right now . BH have weaker on both cases right now. (Haven't played with any other class than bh so dont know much bout' that)

< Message edited by crownthedeadman -- 1/12/2017 4:58:08 >
Post #: 6
1/12/2017 8:37:52   
shadow.bane

@warmarker04 there is a difference between playing a class and knowing a class and knowing simple logic. I'll stop right here hope u understand me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/12/2017 16:19:03   
Stonehawk

Maybe warmaker04 is right. They want to make people want to change class. It means spending more creds/varium. After everyone turns into an overpowered class, they nerf it again and so on.

That's why changing classes even if you already been that class before still costs the same thing. To make people switch classes and spend a lot for each fail on balance updates.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/12/2017 21:22:10   
  Exploding Penguin

First off, I do not know the dev's intentions; this is just my thoughts as a player. Keep that in mind when reading this post.

It is a very, very common practice amongst many games to tweak balance around revenue. Is it a display of integrity for the game's well-being? Not always. For example, while it isn't official, it is a well-known trend that Riot Games (creator of League of Legends) will buff champions a couple patches before they are about to release a skin, particularly the more expensive ones, into a state where that champion is overpowered or very strong and definitely a power pick. After a patch or two of the skin being out and everyone buying it, Riot nerfs that champ again so that it's in more or less a balanced state.

Do I think this should be done? No, not at all. But, for a lot of people who have to pay their living expenses off of making games, they can't always make the game the way they want, and/or the way the game should be made. I don't know the devs' intentions behind their balance patches, but I'm just providing an analogy for people to consider.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/12/2017 21:54:17   
.Lord Ginger.

There's a difference between balancing BH and screwing it over as a class. xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/14/2017 8:34:10   
Stonehawk

All energy control skills were balanced in a way the player could at least health with the energy gained. Now all classes can do it, except BH. They nerfed the class because of high support, but they didn't consider the people who played not abusing builds. This is wrong. If anything, BHs should have a different kind of cheap shot that regains energy, because Static grenade is ridiculous. First, they can't regain energy unless the opponent has energy. Second, the energy gain is too low.

Now comparing to other classes (at lvl 40, I don't know about the other lvls):
Tactical Mercenary: 300+ energy with battery AND frenzy
Mercenary: Regains as much as it's stole from the opponent (usually 200+ if there isn't a strength/primary weapon nerf skill on him
Cyber hunter: Usually 200+ energy recovery. Doesn't need opponent to have energy to gain. Lower cooldown than the others
Tech Mage: 300+ energy from battery. Little energy from assimilation.
Blood Mage: Drains a % of opponents total energy for 2 turns. Still recovers 10 if opponent has no energy (it still does, right?)
BOUNTY HUNTER: Only recovers 60% of a very low energy drain from opponent, except if you spam support.

Even if Bounties' cheap shot was replaced with something like frenzy, I think it will be still weaker in therms of energy gain.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/14/2017 23:45:03   
shadow.bane

^ Even if you abuse support on BH now u barely get energy to heal cause base support is like 239 drain 45 + 14 support 251 drain so 12 more energy drain for 41 more support lol, so abuse support let's say 100 + u will gain what ? 270 energy drain ? And do what then abuse ur shields and aux lmfao!!!! This is beyond ridiculous lol, no logic what so ever here...
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/15/2017 4:56:51   
Warmaker04

The main reason why the static grenade was nerfed, well it is because of the op support builds bhs used to dominate 1vs1 (with the help of blood hawk, of course)
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/15/2017 5:36:48   
Stonehawk

If they wanted to change passive to active then they should know nerfing the energy manipulation skills can bring classes to uselessness. They should've made grenade improve with tech (as it always should be) or do any other change instead. Since they want tech, robot and focus to be connected, spamming tech wouldn't make an OP build because robot damage would still be weak without focus so tech abuse with static grenade wouldn't be viable... there were better options than that nerf, I'm pretty sure. (I'm not a BH and now it's even hard for me to consider being one, but I still care about balance and people who changed to it and didn't know such a heavy nerf would doom this class)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/15/2017 5:47:26   
crownthedeadman

ok. so i put all my points on supp (makes it nearly 170<) and give it + 33 stat ,which makes it like 200 supp, and after that too the static grenade was only taking 325 energy. now after giving all pints to supp i am only getting 195 energy back which is surely low.
Post #: 15
1/15/2017 8:29:27   
Stonehawk

Yeah.. While a merc can drain and absorb 200 energy with 45 strength and there's even Blood Commander to make it higher. I'm a mercenary but I think it's disrespectful to give the Bounties such a nerf. Did they lower cooldown? it would be a bit more fair.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/16/2017 12:25:27   
shadow.bane

@warmarker they could simply nerf the diminishing returns of the static grenade at high support not nerf it all at once.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Do something before you go...
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition