Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2017 20:24:04   
Master K

'09 here.

I practically used to live on these forums. I was so determined to make my name known in the communities I cared for. I posted fervently, participated in everything, but ultimately it didn't make much of a difference. Eventually my interest faded away, and so did I. I return periodically to check on these forums, and my home board (Roleplaying) is a shadow of what it was when I first joined, and it makes me cathartic. All the users I knew, all the drama, stories...they're all gone, mostly. I mourn for all the stories that never did get finished, the RP's I hosted that perished, and all the characters I made who never met their potential I had for them.

Even in the OoC Room, I can feel the difference of traffic. I remember there being so many threads, and that's how I would often see and discuss current events and other trivial stuff.

It makes me feel a...distinct longing.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/19/2017 20:31:43   
The Imp

I hardly even remember when I joined, sometime around '06-'07. This is actually my second account but I used to love this place. I never really talked to anyone here and lurked more than anything but it still felt like home. I too come back every now and then to check it out, and it kills me a little to see how empty OOC is now but I guess that happens. These forums, AQ and DF hold some great nostalgic memories for me. I never really play the updates but I come back on to log in and do a battle or two every now and then. Thanks for the memories AE, this was a major part of my childhood since I was like 13. Now I'm prepping for grad school, how time flies.
AQ  Post #: 27
2/20/2017 22:35:53   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

Heh, last time I checked in was almost a year ago to the day. *waves*

The fact that we're still able to log in here and reminisce after all these years is pretty impressive in itself but yeah, message boards are a tough sell these days given all the other options available. To put it in some sort of (meaningless) context, I'd say message boards are in the music CD phase and drifting inevitably towards the cassette tape phase.
You've probably heard that IMDB is pulling the plug on their message boards with the message "After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide." which loosely translates to "We've become a wretched hive of scum and villainy, so we're burning it down and salting the earth."
I'm glad at least we here never came close to that sad kind of ending. If dropping in once in a while to say hi is all we do in this space now, I think that's ok. More than ok actually.
AQ AQW  Post #: 28
2/21/2017 0:10:30   
Skurge
The Dealer

^: For sure. Reddit seems to be the premium choice of discussion nowadays. Still very fun lurking around though!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/21/2017 1:16:41   
Lord Noonien Soong

^wow, long time no see Scherzo. Remember you when you were on the OS forums and were the steampunk extraordinaire on AQW.
DF  Post #: 30
3/2/2017 20:21:46   
master

2005. Do I win? Actually this is my first login in a year. I remember when I was 13 and would be on Artix games and these forums like crazy. I remember branching out to the other communites and how active the forum used to be. I remember the chaos the OoC was like back in the day and how they brought in Circe and she pretty much got rid of all the nonsense. If youre still around Circe, Hi! You probably dont remember me. I recognize a few names in this thread which is cool; like superemo and Supertails. Im glad to see some familiar people. Anyway I had these forums pop into my head and figured I take a look. Gonna take off and more than likely forget about this post,".

Oh dude Ailifr. He was around when I first came to OoC. I remember him and sporkgoddess. Toidieude as well. I remember when jtr5353 used to be lord of the secsy.

< Message edited by master -- 3/2/2017 20:25:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
3/4/2017 5:51:15   
Puppy
Bone Head Emo Ranger Power!

Oh man. This just hit home. These forums were basically my entire childhood.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
3/5/2017 17:51:24   
  toidiedud

It's really neat to see some old faces. Since the forums are not really a common destination for most of us anymore if you pm me I can invite some of yall to my private discord server sometime, could be fun to catch up.

Rush of nostalgia to see and above all recognize names from nearly a decade ago.

< Message edited by toidiedud -- 3/5/2017 17:52:15 >
AQ DF  Post #: 33
3/6/2017 0:16:45   
DA Holder67

I'd be lying if I said I didn't check this place out once in a while. UCAG was a huge part of my childhood and I miss it all the time.

< Message edited by DA Holder67 -- 3/6/2017 0:17:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
3/21/2017 7:25:15   
Sgtbobbycar

eh 2009 here.
Just logged in today, don't know why, feeling nostalgic I guess. Funny how this is the first post I see. I think it's been roughly 6 years since I previously came on.

It's so nice to see some old faces around here. Honestly, I've spent the last 30 minutes going through old friend's accounts and seeing the last time they were on.

I really miss the old days. As a kid growing up in a tiny village, it was nice to have that community.
I remember staying up all night doing DF war waves, chatting/arguing with people on the Entertainment forums and making some amazing friends over the years.

It really is a shame to see the forums fade away a bit, but I suppose it was always going to happen. I'm just thankful AE made these forums in the first place.

< Message edited by Sgtbobbycar -- 3/21/2017 10:07:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/21/2017 10:45:14   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

4 years! You trooper, I still remember ya ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/23/2017 16:09:23   
Silver Lion

Oh, this thread is so beautiful.

I see a lot of familiar names here, not sure if anyone remembers me though. I literally spent the entire summer of 2009 in my room talking to people I've met on this forum and in AQW. I can't recall how active this place was back at the time, but to my 13yo self I felt like everyone was here. Hell, I still think about some of the people I've met on here, hopelessly trying to get in touch with as many of them as possible. However, I've come to believe that they've simply forgotten about this place and moved on. I'm hopelessly curious as to what they (and you all, dear friends) are doing nowadays, how everyone's lives turned about.

We've grown up, lads. Whew, what a nostalgia rush this thread gave me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/17/2017 10:46:39   
10inchesjedi

So I was checking some of my old posts.
That made me stalk Supertails.

AND OH MY GOOOOOOOD THIS THREAD <3

2007 here guys. Was just a wee little lad back then with a weird puberty moustache.

Logged on to have a small nostalgia, and here it is! I've been missing all of you!

Facebook groups don't feel the same as a forum. And Reddit... Doesn't feel so personal.

God I miss the golden age of this forum.
DF  Post #: 38
6/17/2017 16:02:34   
flyingkidjoe

Started in 2005, honestly cant fully remember when joined...

its been a long time its interesting seeing some old faces though
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
6/25/2017 1:28:53   
lord dracoma

Oh my god! It has been so many years. I can't remember how long I been here.

I first arrived right after the first Carnifax War.

Still amazes me this company, these games are still here, albeit a dimished capacity. After all these years. Left a lot of my childhood here. Remember a few names here. Weird.

EDIT: 2005! More than half of my life had been spent here.

Left around 2010.

< Message edited by lord dracoma -- 6/25/2017 1:30:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
7/14/2017 16:08:57   
savor

Joined the forum in 2006.. i'm not much of a contributor to the forums more like a lurker..

i really miss the good ol days not just with the forum but the games itself..

back like 2006-2010 it was so hard to login to AdventureQuest because of the Server Cap ( i was a free player)

as well as 2008-2013 - there like a bunch of servers in AQW which had like 2k+ players online..

now only Artix Server is left .. i remember as well logging in to Talim Server in AQW which is a server for Filipino's ...

AE Entertainment Games was like the reason why i'm a gamer now ..

i really miss those days :( ..

" We Gamers Don't Die, We Respawn"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 41
7/16/2017 10:17:36   
sacchi
Constructively Friendly!

Ooh, I missed the oldies reunion :P

I joined in 2005 ^^. Loved it here :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
7/17/2017 21:26:35   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

ZOMG it's a sacchi O:

*Noms*

2005 but didn't get really involved till 2006 o:
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
7/18/2017 18:18:36   
kors

Oh wow, just realized I've been on here for over 10 years now. Heh. I feel old now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
7/19/2017 0:33:55   
lordkaho
Creative!

The late 2000s was truly a magical time for this forum, and the internet as a whole. I remember when the OOC was buzzing with discussion on just about anything. I fondly remember Toidiedud posting funny articles about drunk people back in 2008-9 I think.

However, I blame the inclusion of the Entertainment subforum for the death of the OOC as a whole as it really splintered up people.
DF MQ  Post #: 45
7/19/2017 14:41:57   
Starstruck

I don't think it splintered people up so much as clumped them together. A lot of "buzz" from forums comes from new threads being created, so switching over to entertainment subforum and creating megathreads cuts down on that a little bit. It makes for a cleaner forum, but in general people aren't going to tune into "Pokemon Thread #1,000" the way they would "Pokemon Go Set For Release In July 2016!"
DF MQ  Post #: 46
7/20/2017 14:31:51   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

I took part in the OOC room when it was super active and pretty well out of control. I remember JTR's 'secsy parties'. I remember the "are you attracted to staplers?" thread. I remember the spammy wasteland that was the polls section, where 4/5 polls had a random "Chuck Norris LOL" option. I remember the picture threads where everyone swooned over Chino's pics. I remember Naruto fans getting a lot of flack.

Beyond the OOC Room, I remember joining an ill-conceived Naruto-themed clan as a noob that got locked a few times during its short lifespan (curse you, Wallo!!!). I remember maintaining a pretty popular Suggestions thread! I remember LightningBlade telling everyone in AQ Suggestions that "U need a sellback". I remember the incredible community that once resided in a place called the Gallery of Creative Adventurers. And even though I was late to join, I remember having a blast on IRC.

Waah ;-;

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 7/20/2017 14:43:31 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 47
7/24/2017 19:03:52   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

I've been around for a while now: Joined: 2/28/2007 to be exact :p

Man have I grown since then xD
I remember beign to lost when I joined, I couldn't find anything and if I did I forgot about it the day after xD Ah, sweet memories.

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
7/26/2017 9:15:46   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Found some old screencaps that were interesting.

From an old April Fools prank where all the AKs were assigned a letter and people had to unscamble it somehow (it was impossible).
Another from the same prank.
Somehow a discussion of the 2011 Japanese tsunami got derailed into a discussion about the end of the world in 2012.
Some old topics from 2011 (and a user by the name of "Baka" posting a lot)
AQ AQW  Post #: 49
7/31/2017 2:15:53   
Onyx Darkmatter

It's a shame that this forum has become less active than it used to be. I suppose it might have a mixture cause from either playing other games on consoles, and adult-hood (meaning, no opportunity to even hop onto the computer). I wouldn't even be surprised if anyone here are already raising children.

I've become a bit less-active on this forum for three reasons: First reason is that I've lost a LOT of interest in the AE games, but I do play them from time to time. Second is that I'm more active on different forums, and have a nice opportunity to become less-restrained from my language. Third reason is that I'm in college, so thinking about AE games isn't the first thing that comes to mind unless I literally have nothing else better to do.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition