Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balancing Suggestions - Energy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balancing Suggestions - Energy
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2017 13:15:48   
CHRoOMAX

I've been looking at the Epicduel Wiki (for the approximately 1000th time) and I see that some skills/cores could use a change. These changes are with a lvl 40 in mind.

In this topic, I will be comparing a lot for balancing perspective reasons.

Frost Shards VS. Energy Storm.

At the moment, I feel like Frost Shards are much more viable to use than Energy Storm.

The Frost Shards is an unblockable (though deflectionable) energy attack. I will do full strike damage, but, more importantly, it will reduce the foe's energy by 150 over 3 turns. Uses 80 points of energy.

On the other hand, Energy Storm will do 0 damage and only reduce the foe's energy by a questionable amount. Energy Storm will Reduce the Energy of ALL enemies by 20% of normal strike damage. If most lvl 40's have got about
400-500 normal strike damage, the following calculations are used:

400/5 = 80
500/5 = 100

The Energy Storm will reduce the foe's energy by 80-100. ~50 less than Frost Shards. Fair enough, the Energy Storm won't cost any energy to use, but, it only reduces the foe's energy by a significant smaller amount - though to ALL enemies, but, I and most players plays solo most of the time and 2v2 is a rarity - and does 0 damage compared to Frost Shards, which reduces the foe's energy by 150 and does full strike damage. Personally, I would go with the Frost Shards any day of the week, and, I'm pretty sure that's the case with most players.

The Change

Increase % of energy reduced on foe's from 20% to 30%.

Calculations:

400 / 100 x 30 = 120
500 / 100 X 30 = 150

If Energy Storm would reduce the foe's energy by 30% of strike damage, the reduced would be between 120 and 150. This way, the player would only have to choose between reducing the foe's energy while doing 0 damage using 0 energy, or, reduce the foe's energy over 3 turns (not as much initial reduced energy) while doing full normal strike damage using 80 energy.

EP = energy points

150EP, 0 damage, 0 energy used = 3x50EP, full strike damage, 80 energy used.

The same kind of goes for 'Energy Shot' as it works the same as Energy Storm though based on normal sidearm damage instead of normal strike damage.

Increase % of energy reduced on foe's from 20% to 30% for Energy Shot would IMO be better too.

Battery Backup VS. Static Charge

The Mercenary, Bounty Hunter and Blood Mage all have the ability to drain the foe's energy and absorb a % of it in return. Those are balanced. For the Tech Mage, Tactical Mercenary and Cyber Hunter, it is different. These classes only gains energy, but doesn't reduce the foe's energy, therefore, I see them as very similar.

Battery Backup at lvl 10 gains 323 energy points. Static Charge will gain between 60% and 70% (depending on build, support value) of primary weapon damage. At lvl 40, the swords will have 360 primary weapon damage, while class specific weapons will have 350 primary weapon damage.

Calculations:

350 / 100 x 60 = 210
360 / 100 x 70 = 252

Static Charge will yield between 210 and 252 energy. Fair enough, Static Charge will do 85% of strike damage, but, the ~average normal strike damage for a lvl 40 is ~450.

Calculations:

450 / 100 x 85 = 382,5

An attack with 382,5 at lvl 40 is usually only going to do a merely 30 damage as most lvl 40's have 350 resistance. 30 damage is useless. Therefore, it becomes a comparison between ~250 and 323 energy gained. Not balanced at all.

The Change

Increase the % of energy gained with Static Charge at lvl 10 from 60% to 75%. Keep the 85% of primary weapon damag and +1% every 5 support.

Calculations:

350 / 100 x 75 = 262,5
360 / 100 x 75 = 270
45 / 5 = 9

The Static Charge at lvl 10 would gain between 262,5 and 270 energy. If the lvl 40 had an average of 45 support, the Static Charge would yield between 294 energy (84% of 350) and 302,4 energy (84% of 360).

So:

302,4 energy gained + 85% primary weapon damage = 323 energy gained

Summary

Energy Storm: Buff the % of energy reduced on foe based on normal strike damage from 20% to 30%

Static Charge: Buff the base % of energy gained based on primary weapon damage for Static Charge at lvl 10 from 60% to 75%

Those are my primary suggestions for now. Remember, have fun and fight it out on the battlefield;)

Post #: 1
1/19/2017 17:38:40   
Qwerty Again

Energy storm drains it all at once though, so it would be more useful for disabling a skill when the enemy has more than 50 excess energy.
Post #: 2
1/21/2017 12:32:28   
Stonehawk

quote:

The Mercenary, Bounty Hunter and Blood Mage all have the ability to drain the foe's energy and absorb a % of it in return. Those are balanced.

Have you played against a Bounty Hunter? Not balanced at all.

quote:

Battery Backup VS. Static Charge

Battery gives more energy, but doesn't attack the opponent, and is 1 more cooldown. Static charge gives less energy and do low damage (usually 30), but don't forget it fills rage bar. And is only 3 turns cooldown.

Currently, the most unbalanced currently is Static grenade, which can't even regain energy for a heal if you're using a focus build. All other classes can.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/23/2017 2:41:33   
HwarangxDxArcher

Yup, static grenade is pretty weak, considering it scales with support...

Seriously, Bounty Hunter got so many skill that's reliant on support, even massacre has support requirement, making str build such a pain to even use.

DF Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balancing Suggestions - Energy
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition