Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2017 13:35:37   
peacemaker

Thanks. As soon as I'm done wondertrading, I'll head off there. Any tips on afterwards please? Are items allowed and how much/when/where can you get the mega stones please?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/17/2017 14:48:47   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Yes the BT allows items but they are restricted to one of a kind. So for example only one mon could be holding Leftovers, the rest would need to have different times.

Most mega stones are gotten via the BT shop while Venusaur, Charizard X/Y and Blastoise come from the tree itself after a win streak.

The ones that aren't thous 4 or in the shop are event items. IIRC they will be given out as early access items for competition registrations but also potentially be released later for everyone(could be wrong on the last part).

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 2/17/2017 14:49:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/17/2017 15:22:24   
peacemaker

Does the 1 of a kind restriction also apply to the Z - crystals please?

Also, how long a streak do you have to get to get the starter mega stones please?

I help. HS
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/17/2017 16:27:27   
Daimyo Daimyo

@Superemo Water Pokemon are your worst enemy. They can pack ice beam to kill Garchomp or Scald to kill half your team or cripple them with burn (which halves physical attack stat) for those who aren't weak to it. Consider Water Absorb/Storm Drain pokemon like Quagsire/Cradily/Gastrodon. You have no Cleric so you're doomed once status-ed. Even Pokemon like Clefable (who has Heal Bell) can go on the team since it has Magic Guard to prevent sandstorm dmg. Though perhaps you want it exclusively rock/ground/steel? No Taunt-er means you're in trouble against any booster, hazard setter, or HealStaller. Worst is the builds that stat boost and have recovery.

You shouldn't use those type-boosting items like soft sand/nevermeltice. Boosting a single attack out of four is not very efficient (unless you're doing Flying Gem Acrobatics or something). If you don't like choice items or life orb, try an expert belt (increases dmg of super-effective moves). Consider an Assault vest (raises sp. defense but prevents you from using any non-offensive move).

Dragon Dance on Tyranitar could allow you to sweep as well as prevent a fast (but super-effectively weak) mon from coming in to revenge kill.

I second Afterlifex's thoughts on how your Skarmony gets shut-down by any Taunt-er. Iron Head might be preferable for killing Fairies though Brave Bird does help against fighting types who would destroy Tyanitar/Rhyperior/Mamoswine and possibly pack an Ice Punch for Garchomp. Machamp is particularly nasty for Dynamic Punch which will confuse anything you switch in. Even nailing resistant mons helps it since the confusion would let them switch out almost freely.

Lem recommended that Rhyperior replace Hammer Arm with Dragon Tail. EdgeQuake combo is near-perfect coverage anyway. Dragon Tail would combo with Skarmory's hazards and also phaze out some walls. Really great if your opponent tries to switch something in only for you to push them right back out. Can backfire though if you bring in something that could kill Rhyperior. Fun to murder Stealth Rock weak mons with it.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 2/17/2017 17:22:13 >
MQ  Post #: 29
2/17/2017 19:10:49   
afterlifex
Legend-X

peacemaker Well they are each different items so it should be an issue, you wouldn't want to run more than one Z crystal anyways thou IMO.

As for the mega stones red shows up at like 20 or 21 streak in singles, after you beat him you get the 4 stones.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/18/2017 1:25:48   
Superemo
Constructive!

So, per feedback, I'm getting the feeling that Mamoswine isn't the best fit for the team. Hadn't considered Magic Guard Clefable as a Cleric, and I might consider Quagsire just for its ability to shut down water-types. I'm also looking in to Pallosand (Shore Up seems to be pretty good recovery on a Sandstorm team, and Water Compaction, while not as good as Water Absorb, is still a good ability) with an Expert Belt as a potential hybrid Defense-wall/Special Attacker with the added benefit of acting as a counter for Machamp (100 Sp. Atk isn't bad, especially for a Ground/Ghost with Earth Power, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball), or possibly a Blissey with Safety Goggles for a Cleric.
Also, probably a good idea to swap out Rhyperior's sand for the vest. Dragon Tail is a move I hadn't realized the potential of when combined with Skarmory's entry hazards (mostly avoided it because it was a -6 priority move with less than 100 accuracy), and it is definitely a better option than slowing down an already slow attacker.
Might also swap out Stealth Rock for Brave Bird on Skarmory. Tailwind, as afterlifex stated previously, is necessary to cover for the lackluster speed on the team, and Whirlwind is used to force a swap, but Tyranitar has access to Stealth Rock, and it's the team opener, so I think Stealth Rock would be a better idea on Tyranitar than Skarmory (especially given its attack probably being enough to land a KO and force an entry before it's out). Stone Edge isn't as reliable of a move as the others Tyranitar has on it, so it's probably going to be replaced (what's more, Stone Edge is a TM move, so it's easy to swap back on if I want to test out how another move would work in comparison).
Lastly, I'm not thinking that D.Dance has a spot on Tyranitar. It's mostly there to get the Sandstorm and Stealth Rock set up, and hopefully get in a KO and/or T.Wave in the process. I do, however, think that Garchomp would benefit from it. It's the obvious choice for a D.Dance user, though, so people would definitely expect it, and swapping out any move currently on it opens a few potential problems (unless I'm overthinking things and swapping out Stone Edge is as good an idea as I initially thought, since D.Claw and Poison Jab both work on most things).

Any other suggestions?

< Message edited by Superemo -- 2/18/2017 1:32:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
2/18/2017 3:02:31   
Lemonus

Water Compaction isn't really that great of an ability since it doesn't patch up Palo's SpD problem so it still gets 2HKO'd by most Waters regardless so I suggest you look elsewhere. Camerupt/Nidoking, though not as beefy, fills the 'Special Ground' slot better and both threaten Skarmory well (although they're both Bank but I guess you can easily trade for that). Lucario can also probably fit as a SpA attacker although it's coverage isn't as great (but it does have the much needed Priority).

Blissey would benefit a lot more from Leftovers than Safety Goggles (unless you're avoiding Spore or something but odds are, Blissey is the last thing you want to send out on them anyway).

This team would ironically struggle against a counter-Skarmory so a Fire Blast Clefable/Garchomp couldn't hurt, or maybe a Magnezone just like afx said so it can also nail the occasional Celesteela without Earthquake but it doesn't help the Fighting problem I suppose. But you have your own Skarm for that anyway.

Garchomp also can't learn Dragon Dance.

Excadrill is also worth considering. Sand Rush/Force is great in case you need a backup cleaner and Rapid Spin can save you at times. Maybe even Gliscor with Taunt since you don't have a Taunt-er yet but that would give you a bigger Ice problem (which is, funnily, solved by Excadrill).

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 2/18/2017 3:05:34 >

No, I don't obssess over lemons.
DF AQW  Post #: 32
2/18/2017 4:20:52   
Daimyo Daimyo

@Superemo While a ghost can absorb D-Punch, Machamp also packs the classic Knock Off like any good fighter does for killing ghosts.

Aegislash, while something everyone can agree to be somewhat "cheap", is not too bad of a check since King's Shield will drop Machamp's atk and block a hit. It also has really good defenses in Shield mode which can let it survive even a SE move against a faster mon and deal a revenge blow. Give it Weakness Policy and take a SE hit in Shield Mode and you can possibly sweep (Shadow Sneak would be a definite must).

Another cheap option is Jirachi who loves to paralyze with Body Slam and then flinch you to death with Iron Head.

Silvally with Steel Memory is also an option for that useful Parting Shot and unlike the others, it's not OP.

Celesteela exists if you want easy-mode but I assume you don't want a cheap counter almost everything. Ironically, Celesteela will Heavy Slam and Fire Blast your current entire team. It really is way too easy to go on a murder spree with it once it pulls off an Automize and sp atk boosts from its ability or weakness policy.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 2/18/2017 4:36:02 >
MQ  Post #: 33
2/18/2017 7:30:24   
Superemo
Constructive!

@Lemonus: Camerupt is also slow and gets completely shut down by Water, so all signs point to using the unassigned slot for a Cleric. I'm already using Leftovers on Skarmory, so if I'm looking to negate chip damage, Blissey would need the Safety Goggles. Clefable seems to be the better choice atm (better Speed, better Sp. Atk, access to Heal Bell and Wish, Fairy-type instead of Normal-type), so it's what I'm probably going to go with. Lastly, I could've sworn I ran D.Dance on a Garchomp before, must have misremembered something.
@Daimyo: I already have a team built that wrecks pretty much everything I've gone against (Critdra, Bisharp, Azumaril, Talonflame, Harassment Gengar, Volcarona). I'm setting up a gimmicky team for semi-competitive play. I don't exactly have Jirachi or Celesteela access (only have Sun for UBs atm), and even if I did, I don't feel like spending my time to save-scum for an ideal one when other options exist. Aegislash is also something I'd rather be nowhere near. I've ran one in the past, and it's too good to be fun to use.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
2/18/2017 9:45:37   
peacemaker

Thanks, Afterlifex. Still wondertrading, but when I'm done, I'll go to the tre and work out my squad(s).

I'll either edit this post or post a new one when I'm there.

update 20 Feb:-
Still wondertrading.....

But Iv'e finally gotten my 3 Alolan Starters to their final forms.

Fire cat the Incineroar
Darkest Lariat
Flamethrower
Fire fang
Lick.

Blaze ability
Incinium Z crystal

K RiderGhost (As in Kamen Rider Ghost) Decidueye
Spirit Shackle
Leafage
Synthesis
Fury attack

Overgrow ability
Decidium Z crystal

Debbie Harry (I thought that she'd have blonde hair, as in Blonde/Blondie/Debbie Harry, but I'm wrong,) Primarina
Sparkling aria
Water gun
Aqua Jet
Bubble Beam

Torrent ability
Primarium Z Crystal.

I'd like your opinions on these movesests please.

Also, I'm splitting my time between wonder trading and hatching 'karp to trade them to a different Sun cart that's got the bulk of my previous gen pokes on it. MANY. BOXES. OF. THEM. (!)

< Message edited by peacemaker -- 2/20/2017 16:07:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/24/2017 5:32:02   
Superemo
Constructive!

So, got the Clefable up and running when it comes to stats, nature (Calm), and moves. Going to run Life Orb for a free damage boost on Moonblast and Fire Blast (because a 30% damage buff for free is always a good thing).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/3/2017 12:24:05   
peacemaker

Finally got a working screen (2 weeks later!)

Current plan:-
Breed 'karp on my main Sun game. Trade a box full of them into my secondary Sun game. keep the ones with new 'dex entries. put the new pokes ionto my main Moon game via Bank. keep breeding 'karp again.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/4/2017 22:06:44   
Onyx Darkmatter

So...
I've been trying to breed a GOOD Torchic w/ its hidden ability and Adamant Nature, and the fourth egg turned out to be a Shiny. Unfortunately, it wasn't Adamant nature nor did it had Speed Boost.

But hey, at least this is my first shiny egg hatch of Gen 7.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
4/11/2017 14:05:05   
ShadowMoon

wow, i stop being on the forums for awhile and this thread gets dead
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/6/2017 13:20:49   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Picked up Pokemon Sun a few days ago, how do I know if I have found a shiny in the wild? I can't remember each Pokemons regular colours, is there a symbol or something in battle? I'd rather not miss one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/6/2017 14:00:08   
peacemaker

I'm considering buying Sun for my AQW guildleader. She doesn't play AQW, or any other computer games, but she has a Litten soft toy that she calls "LittleLitten".

Thoughts please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/6/2017 18:08:32   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Digital X In battle, as far as I know nothing beyond the initial entrance animation(stars/sparkles).

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 5/6/2017 18:09:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/7/2017 2:17:24   
Starstruck

@peacemaker: those movesets are fine, but I would consider looking for more powerful moves if you can find them, as well as moves from more types. It looks to me like your starters are still below level 40, and as you level them up, they'll learn awesome new moves. Still, look at your TMs - Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball are all great moves to put on Primarina because of her powerful Special Attack.
DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/7/2017 8:39:43   
Digital X

OK thanks, Just in the first major city, I keep hearing pokemon shouts, which sounds like yungoose, but there's no sneak mechanic as far as I know. Is it just for ambience?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/10/2017 15:57:43   
ShadowMoon

@digital x yes
quote:

In Generation III and Generation VII, cries of the Pokémon found in the player's current location can occasionally be heard while walking in the overworld. In Pokémon Emerald, these cries are heard more often if the first Pokémon in the player's party has the Ability Swarm.

-http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cry
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/7/2017 10:45:33   
peacemaker

Right. Problem. I fired up my pokemon games after the Direct last night/yesterday, and after transfering everyone back to Sun, I sorted my squad(s) out and tried out the mega stones for Mewtwo. After removing them, I found that I couldn't find them in my inventory.

Any help please?

Edit:- never mind, it put them at the END of the list of Items for some stupid reason.

New question:-

I have a Charizard with a/the Pokerus at level 100.

What are the reprucussions please?

< Message edited by peacemaker -- 6/7/2017 11:10:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/10/2017 14:15:08   
Digital X

Fired up Omega Ruby, I remember trying to take on the pokemon league/e4 and struggling. So many new elements now and since I last played I forgot the order I was going to attack in..

As for Sun, my party is all level 15 at the "bird shadows" road if that makes sense? Just a thing I do in Pokemon games, my party has to be the same level all the time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/10/2017 20:22:22   
Onyx Darkmatter

A bit of old news, but the next games are announced. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that has the appearance of Solgaleo & Lunala fused with Necrozma, or at least appears to have parts from Necrozma.

Hopefully we get something interesting in the upcoming game, like Mimikyu's unfolded body or even Ultra Dimension.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
6/11/2017 11:49:24   
TheFarReach

I wonder if it's going to be similar to B/W 2. I think it did say new storyline, new Pokemon, and the fused Legendaries.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/11/2017 17:19:39   
peacemaker

Currently back with wondertrading, which so far has netted me a shiny Mesprit caned Flying Thing, and a shiny metang.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition