Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Favorite AE Game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> Favorite AE Game?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2017 20:15:36   
Wizardlife

As the title says, what's your favorite game from Artix Entertainment, and why? I am curious to see the answers and what game(s) most players prefer most.

As for me personally, although I play both DragonFable and AQW, I prefer DragonFable more over AQW due to superior story (not full of plot holes and more consistent), continuity and characters you can actually get attached to. I cried after a major character on DF died but can't really find the same sympathy on AQW. Other reasons include the permanent membership system and a more dedicated, responsive staff who actively reply to players on the forums and take suggestions and feedback into account (from what I've observed, at least). I don't hate AQW or anything, I'm just stating why I prefer DragonFable over it and why it is my favorite game. I'm still semi-active on AQW.

So, what about you? What's your favorite game(s) by Artix Entertainment? I'm looking forward to reading the replies!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
1/24/2017 21:43:28   
LambO

Out of them all, I would say, for me, Original Adventure Quest.

Nearly 13 years that I've been with AE, AQ is the game I guess I log onto most & still have fun playing new releases.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2017 22:53:08   
Lord Noonien Soong

Like LambO, AdventureQuest Classic is my preferrable favorite, as crafting a build for a character as well as the really advanced artwork give the game a certain originality that I've so far found unrivaled by games of its nature. There's also the stories and community that I've come to find most akin to (except the occasional ones who try to make AQC memes, but it isn't overwhelmingly bothering for me). Runner up would probably be DragonFable for mostly the same reasons.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
1/26/2017 15:47:00   
Winters Key

Dragonfable, no question. It's outclassed ED now (Due to ED's lack of updates, and pretty unbalanced fighting system) and has unarguably, the best story in ANY AE game. The artwork is fantastic, even by today's standards (No offense to AQ/AQW, but the art style put me off playing the games), and can still pull 600+ players during releases. It has a fantastic active forum community, and Tomix/Verly make for a great duo in game creation (You can see their great cooperation in the last huge release, "The Doom Amulet"). Classes receive godly amounts of hype, and the combat system isn't hard to learn and isn't based too much on RNG - but it has a very high skill cap. PvP was recently fixed (Though it's more PvAI, PvP may be released sometime in the future), too. Not to mention, you aren't penalized as heavily if you're a free player - in comparison to AQ (Where the ally system pretty much requires you to pay to enjoy it fully, along with many other features), AQW (Losing the right to weapons you own if your membership expires), ED (Not as popular as it once was, you'll be playing against AI a lot instead of traditional PvP) and the mobile games, yet you're still given a great amount of features if you opt in for a Dragon Amulet.

Pair all of this along with mysterious, intriguing characters which bring over 10+ pages of forum discussions in less than a week of their release, and you know you've got yourself a solid game.

< Message edited by Winters Key -- 1/26/2017 15:50:39 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/27/2017 2:42:18   
Lord Noonien Soong

quote:

and can still pull 600+ players during releases

For any future readers of this thread: this has only happened once in the past three years being the Black Winter War about a week or two ago. Any further seeing of this has yet to be seen.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
1/29/2017 5:43:21   
Sneevillord

Dragonfable. By far. I never got hooked into AQW, it seemed a little emotionless to me, but AQ was my childhood game, but seemed quite grindy at the top levels. I never found this was DF, incredibly strong storylines, interesting characters, suspense and easier to reach the top levels. Dragonfable seems better than ever, with darker stories, with the odd light hearted pun or quest thrown in (looking at you San Robin). However it's doing all this with only two extremely dedicated, talented and friendly full time workers. I view this as entirely unacceptable in the light of the incredible workload they have, which, as many will remember led to a previous member of the team, Ash, to nearly break down. What makes DF so brilliant is that it does so much with so little.vThis is my favourite AE game, so AE please ensures it survives, rescue our poor Box cat and Soulweaver by hiring a new coder/animator.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
1/29/2017 14:46:32   
King of Zards

Dragonfable is my number one. AQ is a close second. When I play an RPG I want to immerse myself in its world and atmosphere, become familiar with its setting, characters, creatures, storylines and hidden secrets. DF offers a diverse, yet consistent, experience with an overall solid quality. AQ is also very atmospheric and has an ironclad nostalgia value. I tend to forget AQ once in a while, try something new, grow bored and eventually rediscover it thinking "why did I ever stop playing this in the first place?" EpicDuel is pretty cool too but nowhere near the first two. Also, Bladehaven is a nice little game that could have much potential if it were longer.

< Message edited by King of Zards -- 1/29/2017 14:48:54 >
Post #: 7
2/9/2017 6:12:59   
Magusar

Dragonfable, superior art style(it doesn't look silly/cartoony no offense aqw) superior story(the story is quite memorable in fact it probably has the most memorable story compared to Mq,Aq,Aqw) I prefer its battle system over aqw even though it's turn based, and
Book 3 is looking pretty good but this game can still get better I'd like to see real pvp and see other players walking around town just like oversoul that would be rad.Dragonfable was the 1st game that got me hooked to AE even though I played AQ before. My only problem is that these past 3 years it feels like the progress is getting slower but it's not their fault we need more DF players so they can hire more people for DF

< Message edited by Magusar -- 2/9/2017 6:21:17 >

An AE veteran gamer who didn't make a forum account til 2017 lol.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
2/10/2017 8:51:43   
Rafiq von den Vielen

AQ classic is still #1 for me, being a game I played for over 13 years, however pending a current situation I might exchange that slot with DF, the only other AE game I still play.
Post #: 9
2/10/2017 17:27:31   
Wolfofdoom3

Dragonfable,of course.I don't even need to say anymore,if Dragonfable dies I die.
Post #: 10
2/16/2017 16:05:48   
the warden

dragonfable becouse the story is amazing but AQ classic is up there for sure
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
2/24/2017 4:47:37   
Shiny_Underpants

Mechquest was the best at its very beginning, before it was understaffed.

But nowadays, definitely Dragonfable. The writing is pretty good, exceptionally so for a videogame. And the discussion on the forums is huge, especially since the Black Winter war.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
2/25/2017 13:21:50   
HwarangxDxArcher

I love DragonFable and EpicDuel, they're both amazing in their own ways. It's too bad that ED is no longer updated, so I guess I'm left with just DF.

DF as a game is really not demanding players to pull a crazy amount of time to play the game, which is one of the quirks over most online games. And the story is pretty good as well, it's like a combination of reading manga, watching anime, and playing games at the same time, so it's always been a blast to play this game.

DF Epic  Post #: 13
2/26/2017 12:39:05   
Skurge
The Dealer

That's what I always loved about DF and MQ. It kind of felt like a mix between a table top RPG and classic online RPGs. Lots of dialogue with a good dose of graphics and choices. I'll always remember AE as a huge part of my childhood.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/26/2017 13:22:36   
Rlogg

Dragonfable ofc i play it for the amazing stories and characters created by some pretty awesome devs supported by an amazing community but it goes deeper than that actually you see i've been playing this game since 2008 basically it means i've been playing this game for more than half my life.This was always there whatever i'd been going through my life and i genuinely can't imagine a life without dragonfable so thank you guys for a truly amazing game.

< Message edited by Rlogg -- 2/26/2017 13:23:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/27/2017 19:51:16   
solomi123

DragonFable, definitely

The story is beautifully written, intriguing and immersive.
The world is large and diverse.
The characters have actual personalities and depth compares to other games, so they're much more interesting.
The glorious, sweet avatars glorious art.
The easy-to-learn and enjoyable game play, no grind fest that was force upon us like AQW or AQ3D
Tons of content available even for non-paying players.

One of the thing that has me rooting for the game is that even though DF has the status of being the underdog (flash single-player RPG game, horribly understaffed, no advertisements, etc.) it still manage to become THE highest quality game in all of AE, as such I will continue to support it all the way until the very end.

< Message edited by solomi123 -- 2/27/2017 19:52:14 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/27/2017 21:38:07   
Kaika

I enjoy Dragonfable the most out of AE's games. AQW is too much of a blatant cashgrab, Mechquest has a ridiculous level curve, Adventure Quest is too big for it's own good, I tried Epic Duel when it was first released, it was an imbalanced mess.
DF  Post #: 17
3/5/2017 15:52:00   
Cherubic Card

I'm gonna be a bit original and say DragonFable, actually. I played AQ Classic long ago, but it never gripped me. It felt half-baked at the time, and I didn't stick around. When a friend of mine introduced me to DF though, there was something about it that kept me coming back to see what was new. The gameplay is far from perfect, and there is much that could be improved on, but for their pitiful staff size, they do amazingly well. Ultimately though, what needs no improvements, for the most part, is the story. Every Friday is exciting, waiting for the continuation of an arc, any arc, and the new art that comes along with it. The team really pushes DF to Flash's limits, but they manage to make it work. I can't give the game enough kudos, and barring some catastrophe, can't see myself ceasing to play until the game dies- something I hope doesn't occur for a very long time.
Post #: 18
3/7/2017 13:17:56   
Andlu

quote:

Adventure Quest is too big for it's own good

I wouldn't say that's bad at all

Adventure Quest is the game I play the most and like the most by far, then it's Dragonfable

Everything else is a push-over to me
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
3/9/2017 4:27:55   
Keridan

I am still adamant in my belief that DragonFable is AE's magnum opus. Amazing art (Even the old bits don't feel too terribly dated,) a story that AE has never been able to top, amazing characters, creative classes, ease to get into... this game took every gripe I had with AQ Classic and improved it a thousand times. That, and even though it's so horribly understaffed with only two full-time staff members, the fact that Tomix and Verlyrus can produce such INCREDIBLE content on a near weekly basis just floors me.

AQ Classic I still says is better when it comes to quick play, thanks to the random battle feature. But DF just about trumps everything else. I could never get into AQWorlds, and AQ3D... no.
AQ DF  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> Favorite AE Game?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition