Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides
I apologize for such a long delay. Things have been rather hectic and there've been a few issues along the way, but here's what we've come up with. The guide, in terms of accuracy, is pretty much there, with just a few minor issues. However, there are a number of thing we'd like you to consider before approving the guide.
quote:Technically, they go as high as 120% due to C. Unlocked's Drakath trigger. The wording on the second sentence is also a bit strange, would probably be better as "They can be passive from equipment, or active from a timed boost"
Boosts are percentage based (0% - 100%) bonuses or additions, to damage or a reward. They can be a passive equip, or an active timed boost.
quote:Probably want to mention that racial and universal boosts stack. The biggest factor being with AFDL, as there are four pieces of equipment (two helms, a cape, and the armour) that can be used and stacked with racial weapons. Likewise, the 15% weapons of which there are a lot can stack with other equipment.
In the current servers, you will only benefit from the last item of each type of boost you equip. So for example if you equip a +5% experience armour first, then equip a +3% experience cape, you're only going to benefit from the +3% bonus and not any experience gear boost from before. Different boosts can also be used together (ex: reputation boost from cape, damage boost from weapon, gold boost from helm) and active timed boosts will stack with gear boosts.
quote:May just want to elaborate on this a little more: explain how the stacking works to show that you can get 100% boost from four pieces of 25% items, for example.
In the Testing servers and Server Rewrite client, boosts from all equipped items and active timed boosts will stack. The purpose of this guide is to help people find the best-in-slot (that they can obtain) items for a specific boost.
quote:Firstly, this section doesn't seem all that necessary. The entire point of the guide is to answer this question. However, if you'd like to keep it, I'd recommend changing the answer to something like "If you have a specific question, you can ask in the AQWorlds Q&A (link to the Q&A) or the AQWorlds Farming Discussion thread in the AQWorlds General Discussion (linked to GD)". Regardless, the link in the current answer doesn't do anything but go to the Wiki page of tags, as there is nothing under the list of pages tagged with boost that the link goes to.
Q: Where can I find more information on boost items?
A: Refer to Here for Updated AQW boost tagged wiki links, or see the rest of the guide below.
- Currently Available Items that Will Go Rare may be a nice idea, but it's going to be a huge pain to keep it current. I won't make you remove it, but you may want to reconsider having it for your own sake. It does add to the guide in some useful ways, but it's not so necessary that the guide suffers without it
- Grimblight of Destiny probably doesn't need the 0% mentioned
- Mentioning all the other boosts in the sections for each of the four earnables, especially since the order switches when you put the same item in a different section, is rather confusing and unnecessary. If someone is interested in the Gold boost of something, they may get confused by having the other ones mentioned too. Overall, it just adds some unnecessary clutter. Especially with the colouring/formatting (see below). It would likely be better to just have the amount of the boost it gives that's relevant to the section it is being listed under (Gold, Rep, CP, etc.)
- Say "Class Points" instead of just "Class". A rather small thing, but they are technically Class Points
- Under "Chaos", you might want to mention the 120% boost to Drakath's forms on the C Unlocked
- Shadow Chaorrupter is spelled wrong (it ends in "or" rather than "er")
- What makes the Elemental Orbs annoying, useless, and spammy? There is very little reason they need to be in their own section rather than in the regular lists. If you truly feel they need to be in their own section, then perhaps elaborate on it, in that their primary usage is for obtaining the class, rather than for the boosts. But again, they'd really be better off just included in the main lists
- In the Special Events area it should be $5, not 5$
- The linked Daily Login Rewards system is not the one in place, so you should remove it. The current system is that even 5 consecutive days of logging in gets you one 20 minute boost for each of the four earnables. I don't think there's a convenient link to use for explaining that, so you'll just have to do it yourself
- We understand the logic of the Recommended Boost Items section, but it just feels off not having in there the best items. Perhaps the best thing to do is separate this into two sections, one of which includes difficult to obtain items for things like AFDL, BLoD, SDKA, AoA, and NSoD, and then the other being what the majority is now (for things that are easier to obtain but may not necessarily be the absolute best)
- In the section of Boosts by Damage/Reward Type, find a way to make it a little more clear when you transition from the earnables to the damages, or just separate them entirely into a section by Damage Type and a section by Reward type
- The Table of Contents is missing a few sections that are currently in the guide (the restricted items and the elemental orbs)
- Links to guides for some of the harder-to-obtain items would likely be beneficial, though I know such guides don't exist for all of them
On the whole, we feel that the formatting, especially with the colours, is somewhat excessive. This distracts from, and thus detracts from, the guide on the whole. Some of the colours are very similar to one another and that can make it even harder to keep track of what's what. When you're looking at it for a while, you start to get the hang of it, but if someone is just coming in for a quick glance, it makes it a hard to keep track of everything and they'd likely have to continually return to the key to figure out what everything means. The formatting for the availability can probably stay, as it's fairly quick to figure out and matches decently with what's in-game, but much of the boost type stuff can probably be reworked. The easiest way would be, as noted above, to only mention the boost amount for the particular section it's being listed under, which removes the need to colour-code the boost. If you don't wish to do that, which would be understandable (and there are some places, like in the recommended boosts section, where multiple boosts are listed and thus it's beneficial to have them identifiable), then some of the colours need to be re-evaluated. Gold needs to be a darker colour. You don't want to sacrifice readability for something cutesy like making the colour for Gold boosts gold. You can have it be something similar, like orange, but the current colour is hard to read. Reputation, likewise, is hard to read, with the light grey on a light grey forum background. However, this may benefit from being changed to green so it matches the in-game colour a little better. The other two earnables could also be changed to match in-game colours better, so you'd have: Rep is green, CP is red, Exp is dark purple, and Gold is orange. The light blue for the Undead boost is also hard to read, and could benefit from being a darker shade or different colour.
This isn't really separated into "must change" and "maybe change" or anything like that, as we'd like you to consider all of them. If there is anything you are confused and need clarification about, please let me know. We look forward to seeing a revised version of the guide!
ArchKnight, AQWorlds Guides